(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Start introduce milk bottles to my LO to prepare when I start work in may. Tried 2 weeks, she kept rejecting the teats. I'm using advent classic newborn. Thinking of changing the milk bottles. Anybody has recommendations on what bottle should I buy?

I use avent natural. The teat is different, natural is for babies who both latch and bottle feed. Classic the teat is softer.

LO had her 6in1 injection & rotavirus yesterday. Today her body felt warm. 36.5. Can't give panadol now hor? My neighbour said above 37.5 then give
Above 37.5 den got mild fever. Other than that need to monitor LO active? Got pee n poo as per normal? Sleep well drink well? Cannot just based on number as well. This is what pd's nurse told me.

Start introduce milk bottles to my LO to prepare when I start work in may. Tried 2 weeks, she kept rejecting the teats. I'm using advent classic newborn. Thinking of changing the milk bottles. Anybody has recommendations on what bottle should I buy?
For me Nuk bottle cos initially bought avent e natural pink bottle my girl spent 1 hour to finished milk till one hour still e same amt aft change to nuk bottle touch wood la max 25 mins. Nuk bottle teat softer n design like our nipple shape therefore LO can drink it easily according to my friend n my sis.

Last edited:
Above 37.5 den got mild fever. Other than that need to monitor LO active? Got pee n poo as per normal? Sleep well drink well? Cannot just based on number as well. This is what pd's nurse told me.
All as per normal - drink and pee. But kept crying.
I fed her 1.2ml panadol le. Coz her temperature kept increasing. Now 36.7
She poo alot and finally sleep liao.

For me Nuk bottle cos initially bought nuk e natural pink bottle my girl spent 1 hour to finished milk till one hour still e same amt aft change to nuk bottle touch wood la max 25 mins. Nuk bottle teat softer n design like our nipple shape therefore LO can drink it easily according to my friend n my sis.
Typo error? U initially bought avent or nuk?

So u still waking up to pump milk every 3 hrs when she sleep till e next day morning?
I will pump when she awake for milk ard 3-5 hrs once. Sian leh feel engorged n yet so little milk. I think I need to go for breast massage.
I woke up to pump only in the first 2 wks or so... sfter tt nv le

I use both dr brwon n avent natural

Normal ba. My boy oso starting to like sucking his fist. Left n right. Even his arm oso can suck...lol

Mine also suck everything. When we carry him... he suck our clothes.. our shoulders.. Arms. .. machiam very hungry ..

Btw my bb started to push out his tongue as if rubbing his tongue on his gums. ... Can't be so early teething ba ?? He started at 1.5mths old

Mine also suck everything. When we carry him... he suck our clothes.. our shoulders.. Arms. .. machiam very hungry ..

Btw my bb started to push out his tongue as if rubbing his tongue on his gums. ... Can't be so early teething ba ?? He started at 1.5mths old

My hubby keep suspecting lo is teething, but I'm like where got so early one?? Lo is 2 mths, thought teething only starts at 4 mths or something?

somehow our babies seems to behave similarly lol. My boy also sucking very vigoriously at his fist. He also showing signs of teething. My LO is coming to 13 weeks soon. So probably just a passing phase.

Last edited:
somehow our babies seems to behave similarly lol. My boy also sucking very vigoriously at his fist. He also showing signs of teething. My LO is coming to 13 weeks soon. So probably just a passing phase.

mine too! the tongue will stick out at times and she likes to lick her mittens until it become wet wet but I read some online articles they say it's ok as babies do that to self soothe themselves and their hands are their first toys, so it's ok to let them do that as long as we ensure what they put inside their mouths is clean and safe. I haven't introduced pacificer unless necessary, so I'm ok to let her lick her mittens when she like

Does anyone's TBF bb have very stinky farts / poo?

My princess farts like an adult male. Gosh...stinky!!!! Her poo smells rly rly bad, unlike the 1st mth when her poo was almost odorless?

She always sucks so vigorously makes me think she's hungry. But when I try feed her she screams n wails. Lately she's not drinking much. Only abt 70 - 100ml every 3 hrs :(
same leh, my boy also drinking lesser lately. When I feed him seeing that he is sucking so vigorously, he will push out with his tongue. Apparently he is just playing with his hand lol. The woes of mothers, drink too much we worry, drink too little also worry lol

My princess farts like an adult male. Gosh...stinky!!!! Her poo smells rly rly bad, unlike the 1st mth when her poo was almost odorless?

My bb almost tbf. The poo is explosive when it comes lor, so much that always overflow. We have taken to bathing him directly in the sink when this happens. And of cos v smelly. Fart also v smelly now, last time fart not smelly.

Baby has been inconsolable today, little appetite and keep crying and screamkg all afternoon. I was so worried and exhuasted that I was almost in tears myself. Why why why. Wonder whehrtwr it's colic or teething. Now only slightly calm down and breastfeeding but still very fidgety...

Hi mummies...
Any of u start massage aft c-sec? Mine will be start today but huiling masseur saying she has sore eyes can't do for me these few days but my mum only stay w me this week. Can recommend? Many thanks

Last edited:
Baby has been inconsolable today, little appetite and keep crying and screamkg all afternoon. I was so worried and exhuasted that I was almost in tears myself. Why why why. Wonder whehrtwr it's colic or teething. Now only slightly calm down and breastfeeding but still very fidgety...
My bb was like that when she turned abt 9 wks. The fussing n crying is better now at almost 11 wks. Hope its just a phase. I doubt she is teething so early..her tummy also seems fine so shdnt be colic. My mum says sometimes it's just a phase they go thru. But what a terrible phase it was! Milk strike with lots of crying and fussing.. hope it will end soon.

Could be a phrase as their digestive system mature around the 6 wks mark... mine went thru the same thing during CNY, u can imagine how pai seh it was as he was being passed around, haha. At 10 wks now, he's still lets out really big farts sometimes, but not smelly anymore. Yesterday he had a massive poopy diaper, i feel so bad, cos i think it was due to my glass of fresh milk w overnight rolled oats on Sat. Haiz, i finally found a receipe for rolled oats without it tasting like cardboard that i actually enjoyed, but think my boy cannot handle the dairy.

jia you mummy! i can totally understand how u feel... hang in there, there will be good days n not so good days, but i believe it will get better with time as we discover what makes our babies tick. for me, i realised my boy is usually inconsolable when he's really tired but cannot sleep. usually other reasons like hunger, diaper, gas can be easily resolved. like last night, daddy woke him up to feed in front of the TV, i think the sound n lights were overstimulating, he got so angry, my gosh, he cry until his face was purple. had to take him back to the nursery, hug him n speak really softly n soothingly to him for an hr, then finally he finished his milk n fell asleep. oh, n for some reason, he hates parkway parade, lol ... both times we brought him there, the next day he's a terror. wonder if its coz its too cold n crowded there for him. he seems to do fine in other malls like great world city, taka, marina sq etc *scratch head*

My lo also doing the same thing.she 1 month plus now. Kept pushing out her tongue out...

She always sucks so vigorously makes me think she's hungry. But when I try feed her she screams n wails. Lately she's not drinking much. Only abt 70 - 100ml every 3 hrs :(
Same here. I only latch her. So not sure how much she taking in. Yesterday aftenn she latch for 10mins or so, then sleep for four hrs straight. That one also have to wake her up if not i think she will just sleep...

My bb was like that when she turned abt 9 wks. The fussing n crying is better now at almost 11 wks. Hope its just a phase. I doubt she is teething so early..her tummy also seems fine so shdnt be colic. My mum says sometimes it's just a phase they go thru. But what a terrible phase it was! Milk strike with lots of crying and fussing.. hope it will end soon.

Mine is 10 weeks now. As if to compensate for being a little monster yday, he is being v sweet and patient today. Hope he maintains the good mood *pray*

jia you mummy! i can totally understand how u feel... hang in there, there will be good days n not so good days, but i believe it will get better with time as we discover what makes our babies tick. for me, i realised my boy is usually inconsolable when he's really tired but cannot sleep. usually other reasons like hunger, diaper, gas can be easily resolved. like last night, daddy woke him up to feed in front of the TV, i think the sound n lights were overstimulating, he got so angry, my gosh, he cry until his face was purple. had to take him back to the nursery, hug him n speak really softly n soothingly to him for an hr, then finally he finished his milk n fell asleep. oh, n for some reason, he hates parkway parade, lol ... both times we brought him there, the next day he's a terror. wonder if its coz its too cold n crowded there for him. he seems to do fine in other malls like great world city, taka, marina sq etc *scratch head*

Yea babies are funny little creatures sometimes. My boy hates uni qlo- go figure that one out, bring him in he starts to cry, haha, a few times alr!!

Also if I attempt to watch tv while latching him, he will buay song. I think becos of the sounds, like you say, over stimulation.

Same here. I only latch her. So not sure how much she taking in. Yesterday aftenn she latch for 10mins or so, then sleep for four hrs straight. That one also have to wake her up if not i think she will just sleep...

Don't worry sometimes when your breasts are v full thy will get enough intake even though te latching time is short. :)

Could be a phrase as their digestive system mature around the 6 wks mark... mine went thru the same thing during CNY, u can imagine how pai seh it was as he was being passed around, haha. At 10 wks now, he's still lets out really big farts sometimes, but not smelly anymore. Yesterday he had a massive poopy diaper, i feel so bad, cos i think it was due to my glass of fresh milk w overnight rolled oats on Sat. Haiz, i finally found a receipe for rolled oats without it tasting like cardboard that i actually enjoyed, but think my boy cannot handle the dairy.
i spoke to the pd abt this yest, and he told me sth similar. that at this stage it is like a yo yo... sometimes good sometimes bad.

Hello mummies. Have any of you started using the carrier to carry your baby? Recently bought a carrier and my mom was nagging that baby legs are too widely opened. Do any of you have the same Problem?

Last edited:
Hello mummies. Have any of you started using the carrier to carry your baby? Recently bought a carrier and my mom was nagging that baby legs are too widely opened. Do any of you have the same Problem?
Yup I'm using the ergo 360 with infant insert. But baby doesn't seem to like it much cos I guess it can get quite hot

Juz done by pap smear with Paul tseng at tmc.
It's painless and done in less than a min time
Told him I'm nervous and he joke with me while doing the test.
He said must do pelvic exercise which I din after birth. He said will loose after each birth and if I dun do the exercise, it will drop! He also said each day must do 300 times

anyone went to taka baby fair? I wonder what is in the goody bag for the 1st 50 daily, any other good deals other than those printed?

Baby-Fair-ad-1.jpg

Juz done by pap smear with Paul tseng at tmc.
It's painless and done in less than a min time
Told him I'm nervous and he joke with me while doing the test.
He said must do pelvic exercise which I din after birth. He said will loose after each birth and if I dun do the exercise, it will drop! He also said each day must do 300 times

300 times each day ?!?!?

@PTB7674 u mention b4 how to calculate bb daily milk intake? Do u still have e equation? I'm thinking my LO is drinking too little these days
The formula dun work . If based on that my gal need to drink around 180-200ml

Anyway I check with pd .. At 9-10wks old 90-120ml each intake is ok

Btw day time my gal drink every 2-3hrs and night time 3-6 hrs so hard to estimate her intake

Back