My child has eczema. Need help!

daniell

My girl's eight months old and recently she developed eczema. Most of the rashes are on her cheeks and head and I would be thankful to anyone who knows how I can get rid of the eczema or prevent it from appearing?

Any food or dietary products that she should not take?

Also will the fabric of her clothes worsen the condition?

I was also thinking of changing to organic baby products for her bath time as I heard it might help because of the natural ingredients they contain. Is it true? Any trusted recommendations?

I'm really at my wits' end.

My son had pretty bad eczema too but it improved over time. Not was so bad that he had like flesh wounds on his cheeks and elbows and it secreted liquid. I tried many different things so will just share them all with you:
(1) change milk to HA milk, and in the end, went on isomil. It helped.
(2) oil based body wash
(3) moisturisers - atopiclair, cetaphil, EQ, aveeno. Atopiclair worked best for my kid.
(4) take probiotics - I gave lactoGG
(5) make concentrated tea using Chinese tea leaves (any kind), use cotton wool to dip in tea, then squeeze dry then dab on the eczema
(6) organic lavendar oil mixed with water, then spray / dip with cotton wool and dab

Try some if not all of the above, and see which works best for your child.

Have patience. Mine has improved but his skin is still dry and he still scratches a lot.

My son had pretty bad eczema too but it improved over time. Not was so bad that he had like flesh wounds on his cheeks and elbows and it secreted liquid. I tried many different things so will just share them all with you:
(1) change milk to HA milk, and in the end, went on isomil. It helped.
(2) oil based body wash
(3) moisturisers - atopiclair, cetaphil, EQ, aveeno. Atopiclair worked best for my kid.
(4) take probiotics - I gave lactoGG
(5) make concentrated tea using Chinese tea leaves (any kind), use cotton wool to dip in tea, then squeeze dry then dab on the eczema
(6) organic lavendar oil mixed with water, then spray / dip with cotton wool and dab

Try some if not all of the above, and see which works best for your child.

Have patience. Mine has improved but his skin is still dry and he still scratches a lot.

Thanks thanks. I will try and see if your tips work.

I used this brand of balm, Pot of Gold. It's effective for both my babies as they had developed rashes on their cheek, chin and neck area.

My girl's eight months old and recently she developed eczema. Most of the rashes are on her cheeks and head and I would be thankful to anyone who knows how I can get rid of the eczema or prevent it from appearing?

I was also thinking of changing to organic baby products for her bath time as I heard it might help because of the natural ingredients they contain. Is it true? Any trusted recommendations?

Hi dear! I share your sentiments! my baby had eczema n it was so heartbreaking to see her skin and her scratching.. i am using Lavender and Cedarwood Essential oils from Young Living and it works so well, i have stopped all the doctors' prescription creams and meds. I have many extra bottles in hand. Let me knw if u wld like to try it and i can mail them to u. :) Hang in there mummy Daniell!

Am using lavander too fr young living. Apart fr that it helps to Keep the area well moisturise. I m using physiogel for the moisturising part.
mayb ard 4-5times daily.

Hi my Baby too had a bad eczema.. Try to keep the skin moist.. Beat is to apply aqua cream after shower ., it retains moisture in skin for eczema to clear off. I'm still using aqueous cream.. U can buy it at guardian .. It really works!

Hello! My boy also had eczema at a few months old. definitely very heartbreaking. try natural emu oil? I used that and it was quite effective. moisturises and eases the eczema. Just keep the skin moisturised. i'm no expert but i think its atopic dermatitis, from experience. you can chk out this link for more info if you'd like. http://emutracksasia.com/skin-problems/eczema/baby-eczema-symptoms-causes/
good luck!! :) hope everyth gets better

Aveeno works very well for dry, sensitive and eczema skin. You can try their eczema cream.. Available online at hotallysg.com

my son is also suffering from eczema since childhood. I have tried everything but nothing worked for me. after a long time one of my friends suggested me to go to kidsgainhealth.com and try Cerdan skin barrier repair cream, I gave it a try and it really worked for my son. Its made up of natural ingredients and suitable for every age group. You must give it a try. It will give you the best results without any side effects.

Back