(2015/04) April 2015 Jubilee Babies

BTW , will u all be taking those maternity photoshoots?
I would like to do so but the packages like not cheap.. any recommendation?

me too haven't done any shopping and my husband is not keen on photoshoots. maybe will do some self taking...

have you all announced the baby news to your families/frens/colls? this week will be the last week of my 1st trimester and I am looking forward to end the morning sickness hopefully!

BTW , will u all be taking those maternity photoshoots?
I would like to do so but the packages like not cheap.. any recommendation?
Bibi79, I just shopping around at groupon for food. Then I saw there are maternity photoshoots on promotion also very cheap only $25. But dunno how is the quality. But I think wait until bump getting bigger bah...... mebbe after week 30 something?

me too haven't done any shopping and my husband is not keen on photoshoots. maybe will do some self taking...

have you all announced the baby news to your families/frens/colls? this week will be the last week of my 1st trimester and I am looking forward to end the morning sickness hopefully!
meoow30, I also will finishing my end of 1st trimester next week. I haven't announce to frens and colls yet. Only my direct family, such as mom, dad, sisters n my best fren knows. Still thinking how to announce? Have you announce?

Bibi79, I just shopping around at groupon for food. Then I saw there are maternity photoshoots on promotion also very cheap only $25. But dunno how is the quality. But I think wait until bump getting bigger bah...... mebbe after week 30 something?

ya.. i chk some , was advise to take at abt 33 weeks..
now i just see see look look...

Hi mylilsheep, congratulations. I only told my direct family. I am enduring to announce to my close gal friends only next week, so that I can get their baby tips and advices. I intend to inform by watsapp them n group chat. some friends of mine choose to announce to whole world in their FB which I would prefer not to..

I have a question to ask about confinement period: do you all intend to shower and wash hair or not for the 1st 2 weeks after delivery? do you believe in not showering? I find it gross especially in our SG hot and sticky weather..can't imagine of not washing hair 2 days already..so greasy and hair drops a lot! my mil will do the confinement for me and she wants me to follow the traditional rules...but it seems to be unbearable as I read in internet that all these rules are meant for China women because they have winter season, unlike ours.

and is it also time to look and book for post-natal massage lady in advance?

I just went thru random reviews and found one .. was quoted 2.4k.. but of cos exclude all the ang baos etc.
n i think their service is 28 days..
Hopefully can click and pray hard she wun fly mi kite.. cos we only verbally agreed..

My last CL I only paid 1.9k but her cooking cmi. Yes, their service is for 28 days. 1st ang bao I gave $50.
Ur CL dun need to give deposit 1st?

During my #1 confinement, I bath everyday with herbs and wash my hair every 4-5 days. SG so hot, how to not bath everyday. Hee.
Just had my oscar test and scan today. Result will be out in 3 days. Fingers crossed. :)

My last CL I only paid 1.9k but her cooking cmi. Yes, their service is for 28 days. 1st ang bao I gave $50.
Ur CL dun need to give deposit 1st?

ya.. she say based on mutual trust.. so she din require mi to pay.
but she will be coming SG in Nov.. might meet her up .

meoow30, i think i will stil bath ba.. i think there is some herbs to use for cleaning ourselves.. n as for hair.. i would wash or in between can use those dry shampoo?

Dry shampoo only make the hair look less greasy and smell nicer. But the scalp is still very itchy without washing. I cannot tahan. Haha.

meoow30, I think i will still have bath also .... even last time kena chicken pox, some told me not to have bath for a week, i cannot tahan, i still have bath but with some antiseptic solution. Some more my fren also told me, during confinement cannot touch water, cannot bath the baby. I just thinking of doing my confinement without CL, but with help of my mom or my sister only. So I think I will still need do some part of those house chores ba....

nice to hear you all will not follow the rules...I hope to convince my mil...how soon to shower? after 3 or 5 days later?

Ya, cannot touch uncooked water. They say it's "cold" for the body.
I bath the 1st day when I am home. 2 days at hospital without bathing already cannot tahan.

oh noted thanks! haf u started drinking milk? my gynea told me to start from 2nd trimester..so I am thinking to drink HL milk or formula milk..

meoow30, do you mean that we are not supposed to drink milk during first tri? I am drinking milk everyday .... either soya milk or fresh milk interchangeably liao even before I know I am pregnant. I tot milk is good especially for calcium

I just went to scout around for the stretchmark cream and so many choices! Do we really need stretchmark cream? Can normal moisurizer works?

Even buying new bras is tough for first time mum man...dunno if I should get just 1 cup size up the circumferences size too...

I just trying to start taking formula milk coz the murine seemed more powerful than HL ( but I prefer HL anytime) the powder taste artificial to me...
Have been feeling bloated and gassed.. Heard that some milk makes it worse:(

meoow30, I am quite lucky that I do not feel any morning sickness, so I still drink milk every morning.

Zyan, heard that it will be quicker to gain weight if you take formula milk. Thats why I dun dare to take formula milk, since I want to control my weight so not too overweight. I am prefer greenfields milk to drink rather than HL. I think HL taste a bit strange to me.

I have not using any stretchmark cream so far. I read from some articles it says that you can also use coconut oil or any other moisturizer cream if you want. But I think it depends on your skin type and elasticity ba..... some people still have stretchmark even have used the cream, some did not even they did not apply the cream.

Hi belindachan85, thanks. I will take a look.

Hi bibi79, I remember sales lady said powder like anlene is not suitable for pregnant women. It's meant for adults n old people.

Formula milk taste yucky to me. I prefer fresh milk.

This noon went to Taka baby fair. Hands very itchy wanna buy things for baby #2 but dunno the gender yet. Hee. Bought huggies diaper and pigeon sleepwear (4 pcs for $10, cheap cheap) for my 18 months old. Free delivery with every $150 spent. :)

Bibi79, I don't like formula milk too.. Bought the friso brand and added milo to it… still acceptable for me... But as mylilsheep says,, get overweight easily.. I am going to take it slow...

Hi, I'm new here.. I'm in wk 12th, my oscar test is next fri...
Does anyone know how long we must wait before we can start massage after c sec?

pillowbao, as long as you do the breastfeeding full time, you will be able to lose weight quite soon. My friend just delivered baby in early June, now her body is already back to shape before pregnant liao.

Bibi79, I don't like formula milk too.. Bought the friso brand and added milo to it… still acceptable for me... But as mylilsheep says,, get overweight easily.. I am going to take it slow...

oh okie.. I drink milo til i abit scare le.. haha

oh okie.. I drink milo til i abit scare le.. haha
Ya...only milo and milk... Was told by some soyabean milk from the market also should not take including 豆花.. Really nothing much to drink in the morn.....starting to miss the kopi days..

Ya...only milo and milk... Was told by some soyabean milk from the market also should not take including 豆花.. Really nothing much to drink in the morn.....starting to miss the kopi days..

ya lor.. no coffee n tea.. so torturing for mi..
ya i heard 豆花cant cos got " shi gao" but i think lao ban type shd be okie ba..

Hihi, last week i was watching the morning news and it said that it is better to drink soyabean milk buy from supermarket because it has added nutrients whereas buy from market, probably no nutrients and sugar content is higher.

Is it ok to drink cold beverages during pregnancy - since HL milk is refrigerated?

I prefer cold drink generally during this period.. I usu take warm water before pregnant....
But for HL milk, sometimes I heat it in microwave so that I dun drink it cold before I sleep.

Ya it is the shigao( which I really know what it is) that I was told not good in the douhua and douhua shui.

Hi everyone!! My edd just moved from 1 may to 28 apr. Going for my oscars this wednesday and so looking forward to get past my first tri.

Back