(2015) God's Plan for Pregnancy Support Group

twinklelight

Hi, I would like to start a thread for all christian mummies-to-be who are due in 2015 or christian sisters who are ttc for a child. Hope that this thread can be used to share words of encouragement to one another.

Also if any christian sisters who have read about God's Plan for Pregnancy book by Pastor Nerida Walker or Supernatural Birth by Jackie Mize, you are also welcomed to share with us here on your journeys and post your experiences to other members here :)

Hi @Tabitha Lee, I just read your msg to join our Mar mummies group :)

I heard Pastor Nerida Walker's sermon last Sept when she visited Sg last year. Together with her hb, she has been involved in the Christian ministry catering to couples who need prayer, encouragement and the knowledge of God's will in any area of childbearing. Abt a year ago, I got a copy of her book at the bookstore @ Mt Zion. The first part of book covers on the foundations of God's words in the areas of childbearing, covers the topic on infertility to conception in God's way as well as overcoming any fear or complications of childbirth.

Besides the two books that i've shared, you have any recommendations on Christian related readings on pregnancy and childbirth? i love reading and often check out at the bookstore!

10-Scriptures-for-Fighting-Fear-in-Pregnancy1-780x304.jpg

Source- http://www.graceformoms.com/10-scriptures-for-fighting-fear-in-pregnancy

Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't started reading anything on pregnancy. Let me ask some of my church members for recommendations.

Is this your first pregnancy too?

Hi I'd also like to join. This is my second pregnancy but the first one ended in mc last year. I'm also due in Mar 2015. :)

hi @Tabitha Lee. Yup, it's my first pregnancy.

hi @littlepony17! have u joined our Mar mummies group yet?

I saw that there is a christian mummies group in SMH forum, but thought it will be nice to gather new 2015 MTBs here :)

My christian coll suggested that i can do a devotional reading for bb together w hb. Do share with any good tips here!

I haven't joined the March mummies group yet as I was waiting for first tri to be over first. But couldn't resist joining a Christian support group. Have been v anxious abt this pregnancy because of the mc last year but God has been gracious. I've been praying for peace and for the fear to be released and He spoke to me a few days before the 8 weeks scan and I suddenly just felt at peace with this pregnancy. So I really want to lean on Him for this and I'm glad that you have set up this thread so that we can share and encourage one another. Will be going for 9+5 scan on Wed. Praying that we will continue to see a strong heartbeat then.
The devotion with bb and hb sounds like a fantastic idea. Where can we find such devotions? I've tried doing devotions for married couples and it has been great.

Hi I am March MTb too :) Edd 5 mar
3rd pregnancy . Will like to join this thread ...

My friend just pass me the book
God plan for pregnancy last sun :)

I have very bad morning sickness since 5 week . It was so bad that I literally vomit feeling nausea the whole day . I can't really eat or even drink . Feeling giddy and headache at times .. I have lost 2.4 kg in a week . Now coming 10 Week and I am starting to have difficulties having a good rest at night too ... it still a roller coaster ride for me ... I am praying for god strength to tide this period ...

Hi all! I just wanna drop a note to give support to all. :) I've 3 young kids & both Pastor Nerida's book as well as Jackie Mize's Supernatural Childbirth were my bedside companions. :)

hi.. i'm also a christian mom expecting #3 in march :) i have not read supernatural childbirth or God's plan for pregnancy yet. which one is easier to read ?

I have very bad morning sickness since 5 week . It was so bad that I literally vomit feeling nausea the whole day . I can't really eat or even drink . Feeling giddy and headache at times .. I have lost 2.4 kg in a week . Now coming 10 Week and I am starting to have difficulties having a good rest at night too ... it still a roller coaster ride for me ... I am praying for god strength to tide this period ...

hi @becky_cat and all, i'd like to share the following verses this week, which have been great encouragement to me:

"Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span. " (Exodus 23:26)
"He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord." (Psalm 112:7)

@twinklelight that's a wonderful verse! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! It feels good to know tt God made this promise to his people 'none will miscarry or be barren in your land'. Amen!

Some useful tips when she was expecting her baby.
1. reading bible verses to her bb till delivery
2. laying hands on her tummy daily and pray for the bb that she wanted. A healthy baby who loves God.
3. Reading on different chapters on different women in the bible. e.g. Esther

i found the following pregnancy devotional online. it's available on ibook if u r using iphone. we can give it a try :)
http://www.sarahcoleman.com.au/books/expecting-daily-pregnancy-devotion

Last edited:
Hi mummies, i have been silently following this thread for a few days and found your posts encouraging ☺ . Today finally managed to head down to mt zion to get a copy of God's plan for pregnancy. Im mother of 1, now trying for #2 but pretty anxious about the whole process this round as i have post delivery complications (asherman's syndrome or more commonly known as scarring in uterus) which just hopefully got sorted after 2 rounds of surgery. Lots of fears about miscarriage n infertility as well as doubts about God's plan. Hope to find encouragement and support here and emerge spritually stronger!

Hi mummies, i have been silently following this thread for a few days and found your posts encouraging ☺ . Today finally managed to head down to mt zion to get a copy of God's plan for pregnancy. Im mother of 1, now trying for #2 but pretty anxious about the whole process this round as i have post delivery complications (asherman's syndrome or more commonly known as scarring in uterus) which just hopefully got sorted after 2 rounds of surgery. Lots of fears about miscarriage n infertility as well as doubts about God's plan. Hope to find encouragement and support here and emerge spritually stronger!

Hi Sally trust in The Lord and peace and strength be with you .

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

I have been laying hands on my stomach and praying every night, pleading the blood of Jesus Christ to cover and protect the baby. Going for my 11th week gynae visit this coming Mon and I'm intending to get a children's Bible stories book and start reading to baby every night. My mom also suggested that I sing worship songs to baby daily. Intending to do so every morning while preparing for work.

Hi tabitha, for my first child, i went for this christian parenting course. They reccomend this book, the power of a praying parent by stormie omartin. I find it a good tool, cos their prayer covers a wide range of topics...i think almost 30 chapters, our facilitator said, just nice to fit one whole month!

Sallyc, how much did the book cost? Thanks!

Thanks! Decided to buy the book and read it on my Kindle as it's cheaper and I can read it instantly. Into chapter 2 now and really enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Hebrews 13:5 NIV
[5] .. because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Had my 9+5 weeks scan on Wed and saw a strong heartbeat for the baby. But was suddenly beset by anxiety earlier for no reason. Found the above verse very encouraging and hope this would encourage all mummies who are feeling anxious about their pregnancies too.

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised to see a Christian thread here~ thanks for starting this thread! Indeed need lots of grace and faith to pull through a pregnancy, let's encourage one another here :)

I haven't joined the March mummies group yet as I was waiting for first tri to be over first. But couldn't resist joining a Christian support group. Have been v anxious abt this pregnancy because of the mc last year but God has been gracious. I've been praying for peace and for the fear to be released and He spoke to me a few days before the 8 weeks scan and I suddenly just felt at peace with this pregnancy. So I really want to lean on Him for this and I'm glad that you have set up this thread so that we can share and encourage one another. Will be going for 9+5 scan on Wed. Praying that we will continue to see a strong heartbeat then.
The devotion with bb and hb sounds like a fantastic idea. Where can we find such devotions? I've tried doing devotions for married couples and it has been great.

My EDD also in Mar and I also mc during last pregnancy... Hugz... Was very reluctant to join any groups this time and can't help but to worry a lot about this pregnancy... Jiayou! I believe that His grace is always sufficient :)

My EDD also in Mar and I also mc during last pregnancy... Hugz... Was very reluctant to join any groups this time and can't help but to worry a lot about this pregnancy... Jiayou! I believe that His grace is always sufficient :)

Hugs back. We will be fine this time. Let's just continue to trust in Him k? When is your EDD? Mine is 7 Mar. A few of the mummies in this thread are also due to deliver in March.

@ tabitha lee: thanks for the excellent suggestion. I've also asked my hb to get some children's bible stories. How nice it will be for the little one to know God so young.

Hugs back. We will be fine this time. Let's just continue to trust in Him k? When is your EDD? Mine is 7 Mar. A few of the mummies in this thread are also due to deliver in March.

@ tabitha lee: thanks for the excellent suggestion. I've also asked my hb to get some children's bible stories. How nice it will be for the little one to know God so young.

My EDD is just one day before you :D 6 Mar~

Hi just want to share that...can play christian hymns or songs when pregnant. When my gal came out in hospital it helped to calm her...as it was familiar music :)

Yeah! Jia you ellentg! Will keep you in my prayers. Positive thoughts!

Mark 10:27 NIV
[27] Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Hi there! Its been a while I came to the forum, nice to see March mummies here. my edd is 8 march

For a while, I've been asking God whether I should set up a thread for christian mummies and I'm happy to see March mummies here!. As I read abt a few pregnancy cases which need daily jab... I would like to share that I conceive my bb thru' ivf.. My mom says she is surprised why I can able to endure the jabs.. My hb is pretty calm with the jabs.. During my ivf, I find God's words to encourage me and sang christian songs to distract myself from the jabs.. It really works.. Except for 1 small bruise in my tummy for a few days, I don't get much bruises. Work has been very hectic for the past few days, I hope I can get back to spending time with God and encourage fellow friends here to go through this journey together. When times are challenging or things are getting doubtful, it's assuring when we meet people in our lives to pray and encourage us.

Hi, good to see all Christian mamas to be here...
Maybe I wld like to share my little miracle journey here w u guys regarding my pregnancy as I believe it is given to me by God's grace. My hubby & I had been trying for a baby since a few months ago but nothing materialised. We were in San Francisco attending a mass on Corpus Christi Sunday and the parish priest walked over and talked to us before the mass begin. The conversation revolves around pregnancy and family. Before I went to church that morning, I was praying very hard that I wld be pregnant. It just seems like God heard my prayers and God seemed to answer my prayers through him. After the mass, I walked up to him and thanked him for talk he had with us and it had been so close to my heart and he has comforted me with his kind words. The next thing I know, he touched my belly and said a prayer for me & prayed that I would be pregnant soon by God's grace.
My period came later that afternoon to my dismay and like many people would be, I was super disappointed, thinking maybe God said it's still not time yet for me. I picked up those disappointment and continued to pray and trust HIM. Just this month, I just found out I am pregnant!
Amen to God and I believe all the things that have happened are telling me to be patient in my prayers and always trust HIM. Matthew 7:7-8 ( Ask, Seek, Knock)
Now I am praying for the baby to grow well and continue to be healthy as the baby is still in the 7th week of the 1st trimester.

Hi @jazzysou1, nice to see u to check out here! I've been trying to conceive since mid 2011 but it had not been successful. A few months ago, I was attending a church related workshop and out of the blue, my pastor called for a prayer session and she prayed for me that I will be conceiving soon and the Holy Spirit told her that I've been waiting for a long time.. Two months later, I wanted to walk back to my seat in the church hall after I took my church communion but the same pastor was led by the Holy Spirit to call me back and prayed for my pregnancy. It was amazing how everything is happening while the waiting time has been tough.

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to this forum and was actually reluctant to even join any forums... but I guess virtual support is good as I only have a couple of friends with motherhood experiences. I hope this thread stays active as we progress into the pregnancy .. and pop date. Keep sharing uplifting stuff, I do believe we will influence the subconscious of the little life inside through our thoughts and emotions. Stay active too! Any one with good tips for prenatal pilates?

God bless :) Nice to be able to pray for all too!

Thanks twinklelight for the article link.

Would just like to share this verse that I've been meditating on today. It really encourages me. Hope it will do the same for other MTBs here.

Isaiah 41:10 NIV
[10] So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Hi sisters in Christ, I'm 40 this year and expecting no.2 on 12 Mar 2015. Very bad ms during 1st pregnancy (5 years ago), could not down even plain water n was hospitalized for a week plus. Wud rate 8.5 on my ms Richter scale! This one is slightly better off, nauseous all day and would vomit everyday, esp night time. Would rate it 7.2.

But God is merciful!! His strength and faith kept me going. My boy was a bouncy healthy 8 over pounds baby! Everyone ever so kindly says he is a smart 4 year old boy.

Daniel 9:9
The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;

Cry out to our Lord whenever pregnancy discomfort or 'suffering' arises! He is Merciful and hears us in times of discomfort and sickness. He will relieve your stress and fears and uplift your spirit. He is our only sure bet.

Hello, I am new to this thread. So surprise to see Christian mummies here. Very encouraged by some of your threads. :) I am having my first child, 15 weeks. I still have morning sickness after brushing my teeth everyday. I am also having discomfort such as gastric etc. Really praying for a miracle baby. Nice to see you all here.:)

Hello ladies!! :) I'm so happy to find this support group here. I've been reading Pastor Nerida Walker's book. I'm a first time mommy and I'm sure this baby I'm carrying now is definitely a miracle gift from our Abba Father. Have a blessed day ahead! :)

Hi everyone! I'm indeed thankful to have chanced upon this topic. God has been a strong and pivotal presence in my life and especially now this pregnancy. This is my second and im due in April next year. Is there a fb grp or are we just discussing here via the forum? :)

Hi everyone! I'm indeed thankful to have chanced upon this topic. God has been a strong and pivotal presence in my life and especially now this pregnancy. This is my second and im due in April next year. Is there a fb grp or are we just discussing here via the forum? :)

Hihi.. We haven't created a Fb group yet.A few mummies-to-be in this thread are in my March mummies group. now, I'm thinking whether to have a meetup before we start T3 or form a Fb group then.. The group size here is not too large. Kinda of just nice. I just recalled something what my churchmate prayed for me during the early June church conference before I knew I am pregnant.. . Something about a group of ladies but I can't recall details :(
what will you do all think??

Back