IVF/ICSI Support Group

Snuggully Hope4b and adnil, your bfps have truly inspired me to hold on and persevere. Congrats and best wishes to both.

Can you pls share your success story starting with stim stage. Any food vits tcm and how many follies which dpt u did n which gynea u r with. You may have written it before and sorry to ask again.

Nur mbbhopeful and all sisters in 2ww all the best for your bts.

Hello everybody.. I have tried for 2 ivf and now on my first fet. It is rather disheartening that my first ivf thou achieve pregnancy, but no heartbeat at 8 weeks. My 2nd ivf is a failure and now I am on my first fet from my 1st ivf embryo. Till now 4 days pass the transfer, I have no symptom. It is so difficult to be positive ...

Tq for all ur well wish. Was like a dream when I got the call. Have been waiting for today for many years. Tq for all the advices and encouragements from all of u. I wish all of u will soon got ur good news!
Snuuggly, I hope ur spotting has stop. When is ur 1st appt for the first trimester scan? Base on the scan form, the nurse written me as 5 week and 4 day on 20 Dec. Do u have any idea how they calculate it? Issit from the date of ER?
That call is so liberating right? really happy for you!
As for me, my spotting has not stopped despite the preogesterone jab and increased dosage of progynova + utrogestan. yesterday escalated to red flow like menses, I even had to wear a pad...sorry TMI.
I also had cramps although not really bad. I sms-ed Dr Loh and asked if I am likely having a miscarriage, his reply was hard to say but should be ok. Anyway I am still hanging on and praying hard.
My first appt is supposedly on 20 Dec but I requested it to be changed to 17 as I will be travelling from 18th..this is with KKH.
However, I also made an appt with Dr loh to see him on 16 Dec. I just saw Dr loh on Wed when i started spotting and we could see a sac but too early for anything else. I guess 16dec will be the day of truth....

Hello everybody.. I have tried for 2 ivf and now on my first fet. It is rather disheartening that my first ivf thou achieve pregnancy, but no heartbeat at 8 weeks. My 2nd ivf is a failure and now I am on my first fet from my 1st ivf embryo. Till now 4 days pass the transfer, I have no symptom. It is so difficult to be positive ...

Hi Hope42014 don't be disheartened by previous failures. Yesterday I was at KKH for scan and the nurse also comforted by saying very few patients strike on first try. Most do a few times. Guess we fall into the majority. Take heart that u did manage to achieve pregnancy once. All the best for your transfer and i think actually 4 days is too early to feel any symptoms. Rest well and come here to talk if u are getting bored :)

That call is so liberating right? really happy for you!
As for me, my spotting has not stopped despite the preogesterone jab and increased dosage of progynova + utrogestan. yesterday escalated to red flow like menses, I even had to wear a pad...sorry TMI.
I also had cramps although not really bad. I sms-ed Dr Loh and asked if I am likely having a miscarriage, his reply was hard to say but should be ok. Anyway I am still hanging on and praying hard.
My first appt is supposedly on 20 Dec but I requested it to be changed to 17 as I will be travelling from 18th..this is with KKH.
However, I also made an appt with Dr loh to see him on 16 Dec. I just saw Dr loh on Wed when i started spotting and we could see a sac but too early for anything else. I guess 16dec will be the day of truth....

Hi snuggly congrats and all the best to u! Hope u have a healthy pregnancy! One of my friends also had the spotting... Her doc gave her few days' MC to rest and some medication and spotting eventually went away. She gave birth to a healthy baby last yr :)

Hi snuggly congrats and all the best to u! Hope u have a healthy pregnancy! One of my friends also had the spotting... Her doc gave her few days' MC to rest and some medication and spotting eventually went away. She gave birth to a healthy baby last yr :)
tks mei...actually i was spotting during my last pregnancy too. Just that this time is really quite bad and not stopping despite the meds...
I only hope I will be second time lucky and my baby will pull through....

Hi Hope, I also miscarried at 8 weeks during my first fresh cycle. I eventually concieved for my second FET.
Now i just tested positive for 2nd FET although I still duno viable anot with all the bleeding, but I must still encourage you to stay positive ok?

Hi sisters, as expected I'm unable to spread bb dust this rd. nurse called me just now to confirm. So early this time. Got my AF this morn. Didn't cry as I've already cried buckets of tears on thu night when hpt was -ve. Seeing doc next week for advice. Actually feeling v sian after so many tries. So demoralised but still have to keep gg.

Hi hope42014, jiayou!! Don't give up, 4 days really too early for symptoms. Maybe symptoms will only kick in ard day 7 after 2d trf. All the best to u.

Hi snuuggly, I've heard that some women actually have normal period while pregnant. 16dec is just a few days away.. Hang in there!! Rest more n take care.

Hi Hope, I also miscarried at 8 weeks during my first fresh cycle. I eventually concieved for my second FET.
Now i just tested positive for 2nd FET although I still duno viable anot with all the bleeding, but I must still encourage you to stay positive ok?
Congrats to you! Thanks for the positive note... I am trying to distract myself with watching tv. My friend has been bleeding heavily throughout the whole first tri and has a healthy baby, but do take care.. are you still having HL now?

I only have one frozen embryo and thus have put my last hope this time round.. gone to temple, gone to TCM, eat healthy.. my doctor diagnose that I have high NK cells with thick blood and I have been ask to take asprin and steriod for the past 3 weeks plus. It is such a mentally and physically exhausting journey..

Mbbhopeful, so sorry to hear bout that. I understand how u feel as I had few failed ivf. Allow urself to cry if u need to. Do have so short trip with hubby and come back stronger. Take good care urself. Make sure u eat well, stay positive and must believe in miracle. Take care dear.

Snuuggly, do rest well k. I think try to have more bed rest if possible.
I'm going back to for 1st trimester scan amd see dr on 20 Dec. Abit early for scan and appt cos my doc is going on leave. I'm praying hardy baby stay healthy throughout the 9 months. Pray for u and baby too. Rest well amd take care k.

tks mei...actually i was spotting during my last pregnancy too. Just that this time is really quite bad and not stopping despite the meds...
I only hope I will be second time lucky and my baby will pull through....

Hi snuggly, I had spotting on the 2nd week after receiving confirmation on the success ivf procedure... however, after kkh not doing much but gave me MC, I went back to my gynae in TMC. Immediately, you changed my medication and order for daily jabs. She also got me warded to be on observation. During my stay, I had super bad bleeding in the evening with lots of blood clots discharged and at that point I was glad that I was in the hospital. After I was discharged, I continued to have the daily jabs for a good 2 months. I'm just thinking if you want to seek 2nd opinion now instead of waiting for 16?

Snuggully Hope4b and adnil, your bfps have truly inspired me to hold on and persevere. Congrats and best wishes to both.

Can you pls share your success story starting with stim stage. Any food vits tcm and how many follies which dpt u did n which gynea u r with. You may have written it before and sorry to ask again.

Nur mbbhopeful and all sisters in 2ww all the best for your bts.

Hi mesara, for me I did not do anything special. I think I'm the laziest among all the ladies here as I am not a fan of chinese medicine. I had bad experience with chinese medicine and acupuncture. My diet was as usual as well. But during the day of my egg extraction, some of the ladies who were also doing the procedure shared that they did increase their protein intake. According to them, it helps to generate more eggs. Not sure how accurate is that. For me its more of take it easy coz the process itself is already a stressful one. Anyway, though I am lucky on first try but I did try other methods such as on clomid, IUI, before trying IVF. It was a long journey for my hubby and me too. All the best to you! Spouse support is very impt at this point too :)

Hi adnil, could you share with me on which gynae you saw at tmc? I went for fresh ivf a few months earlier and similarly had spotting after the beta test. The difference is that i had a natural miscarriage after that. Im resting whilst waiting for FET but is very afraid of a repeat episode and would like to seek a second opinion or advice from a second gynae.

Thanks adnil. I just went for my d6 scan and have abt 10 follies abt 7mm. Was thinking am pcos and amh abt 23 n shud have better numbers. My us sono in may showed 31 afc so am wondering y now so little tho I know quality rather then qty matters. Fingers crossed and praying hard all follies shud have eggs. Wonder if all follies can be seen via ultrasound. Haiya so many worries if my hormone level is ok follie ok size ok count ok lining ok...stress man!!!

Hi adnil, could you share with me on which gynae you saw at tmc? I went for fresh ivf a few months earlier and similarly had spotting after the beta test. The difference is that i had a natural miscarriage after that. Im resting whilst waiting for FET but is very afraid of a repeat episode and would like to seek a second opinion or advice from a second gynae.

Hi, my gynae is Dr Eunice Chua. I've been with her for many years already.

Thanks adnil. I just went for my d6 scan and have abt 10 follies abt 7mm. Was thinking am pcos and amh abt 23 n shud have better numbers. My us sono in may showed 31 afc so am wondering y now so little tho I know quality rather then qty matters. Fingers crossed and praying hard all follies shud have eggs. Wonder if all follies can be seen via ultrasound. Haiya so many worries if my hormone level is ok follie ok size ok count ok lining ok...stress man!!!

Hi mesara, don't be stress. Not sure if you read my earlier post, before the final jab I only had about 6 follicles that have grown to ideal size and the doc said after the final jab maybe another 2 will grow to ideal size too. So I was expecting at least 6 eggs? But guess what, I only had 3 on the day of extraction. I was devastated and cried the whole evening as I do not know how many will be good for fertilisation. :( But all worries were gone when the day of transfer I was told that all 3 were fertilised and of good quality. So, don't over analyse. I know easier said than done but hope my experience will relieve some stress for u... at least you had more eggs than me to start with ;)

Mbbhopeful, so sorry to hear bout that. I understand how u feel as I had few failed ivf. Allow urself to cry if u need to. Do have so short trip with hubby and come back stronger. Take good care urself. Make sure u eat well, stay positive and must believe in miracle. Take care dear.
Hope4bb, thanks!! My hubby doesn't wana go on trips this yr le sad. Actually I'm abit scared of cny liao cos relatives keep asking. I have a cousin who ttc for many yrs n successfully conceived twins thru ivf. He kept asking when's my turn. In my mind, I'm thinking I din even ask u once n now u keep asking me. Boo lor.

Anyway, all the best for ur 1st scan! :)

Hope4bb, thanks!! My hubby doesn't wana go on trips this yr le sad. Actually I'm abit scared of cny liao cos relatives keep asking. I have a cousin who ttc for many yrs n successfully conceived twins thru ivf. He kept asking when's my turn. In my mind, I'm thinking I din even ask u once n now u keep asking me. Boo lor.

Anyway, all the best for ur 1st scan! :)

Hi mbbhopeful, sorry to hear abt it.. Jiayou for next round :) just rest well during this period.

Your cousin really quite insensitive, given that he has gone thru the same journey. For CNY, I am not so brave liao, am going to siam all the CNY visits this coming yr, just give sick excuse. Really tired of relatives asking abt baby making plans, plus an uncle who isn't even nice abt it, shouting at me and hubby that we are "not trying hard at all". Anw will be going thru fresh cycle during tt period and dont want to be upset.

Can totally understand your anxiety for CNY. U can also take overseas holiday during this period then got excuse to siam le.

Hi mesara dont stress, 10 is a very good no. plus they are all growing ard same size. I also had high AFC but in the end only 7 follicles developed. It also has to do with level of medication and your response to it. At least u will not feel so much discomfort after egg retrieval... If u had a lot of follicles developing there is risk of OHSS...

I only have one frozen embryo and thus have put my last hope this time round.. gone to temple, gone to TCM, eat healthy.. my doctor diagnose that I have high NK cells with thick blood and I have been ask to take asprin and steriod for the past 3 weeks plus. It is such a mentally and physically exhausting journey..

Hi hope, what caused your dr to test nk cells? Which dr r u seeing? I had incidental findings of Ana...not sure if I shld see a rheumatologist first? Mr dr only ask me to take aspirin. :(

HI SJ.. My "baby" grow till 8 weeks.. the size looks good and has healthy heartbeat on wk 6-7. With a sudden no heart beat, my dr (dr anu from NUH) suspect that my immunity might have kill the baby or blood too thick to flow to the baby. So sad... Depression really hit me then..

Dr knows best.. maybe you should seek opinion from another dr if you would want more advice..

Mbbhopeful, sorry to hear about your news. Do not give up and you will be rewarded.
To all other sisters, tks for your encouragement. I have not visited kkh once since I tested positive. When I started bleeding, I went immediately to see my old gynae, dr loh at tmc. Anyway, I just visited him again today and scan showed sac is growing with hint of foetal pole, so dr loh gave me another jab. I will continue to stay positive!

Snuuggly u did the right thing by going to private gynea after bfp. Dont worry bb will be fine. Stay positive n be strong. Have heard few cases bb saved when immediate attention received from private gyneas compared to local hospital where nothing is done.

Thanks hi mei. Hope all eggs are forming in gold quality. Am on v low dosage of gonal f. Only 200. But I trust prof. Feel so comfy and safe in his hands. Will have to divert myself frm undue stress. Coz I have 2 endo ovary cyst I think low dose. Pray follies grow even n healthy n produce best eggs.

Hi ladies, my recovery after egg retrieval is slow, i am still having bad cramps (the pulling effect) and bleeding was reduced turning to dark brown but i was wondering really need so long? its been 3days since er. hopefully doesn affect transfer should i be called back for it.

hi adnil and snuggly both yr gynae is from tmc? adnil is dr eunice and snuggly is dr loh? so lets say i have not visited them before should there be any problem can i just walk in like that?

i am getting all prepare dont want anything last min arrangement or anxious and nervous even lost when someting happen *touch wood*

actually i was wondering how could an ivf fail if the egg has been fertilised and became an embryo before it was trf into our body. if fail does it mean our body fault due to some factors (the food we eat? keep walking no rest? etc) then how about those ladies who got pregnant without knowing. they wont be doing all this preparation as they wont even have the 2ww!

sisters who fail the ivf how many days transfer did you all do? 3 or 5? is there any day 4 transfer? wondering!

Mbbhopeful, ur cousin should know the feeling being asking bout this sensitive question. She shouldn't ask. For this cny, I'll still gotto face the same questions from relatives. And I'll still act blur and give the same answer which used it for years. (Cos still early to announce) Everytime when ppl ask I'll tell them me and hubby is enjoying current just 2 of us and still wanna enjoy more couple time. When is the time we need a bb then we will work hard. Shut their mouth.

Mbbhopeful, so sorry to hear abt ur bt. Please dont give up. Anyway i noticed a spot of red on my liner just now. Should i call the clinic? I already had spotting for a day 9dpt but it stopped. Haiz so worried that menses will come.... Hi hope42014 i too failed my first fresh cycle, its never easy. Noe at my first FET and thought i would take it easy this time round but im still obsessing about the smallest things

HI SJ.. My "baby" grow till 8 weeks.. the size looks good and has healthy heartbeat on wk 6-7. With a sudden no heart beat, my dr (dr anu from NUH) suspect that my immunity might have kill the baby or blood too thick to flow to the baby. So sad... Depression really hit me then..

Dr knows best.. maybe you should seek opinion from another dr if you would want more advice..

Hi Hope42014, it is actually v good that ur doc investigated further and found the cause of the problem. It is much better than continuing treatment after treatment without finding out. You are lucky that way. Stay calm and keep healthy during this tww :)

sisters, may I know what does 4 out of 5 cell mean? I thought its either 4 cell or 5 cell? in terms of embryo.

I think it is the grading. It is 4 out of 5 which is a very good grade. Usually for cells no. it depends on the day of the embryo... But not sure, u shd check with embryologist.

Mbbhopeful, so sorry to hear abt ur bt. Please dont give up. Anyway i noticed a spot of red on my liner just now. Should i call the clinic? I already had spotting for a day 9dpt but it stopped. Haiz so worried that menses will come.... Hi hope42014 i too failed my first fresh cycle, its never easy. Noe at my first FET and thought i would take it easy this time round but im still obsessing about the smallest things
Agree.. especially with all the free time during the tww. My test will be next Thursday.. 6 days more to go..

Spotting might be implantation? ;)

Thanks all for your concern n encouragement ;)
Cny I can't siam leh. Thot of it also haha maybe I'll just cut short the visiting hours n quickly go.
My cousin is a he. Guys are so insensitive right. Actually it's my mum also la. She brightens up and keeps playing with their kids so my cousin ask me quickly to give birth for her to play lor. "Warned" my mum to "control" this coming cny haha

Hope42014- idk la, i thought the spotting at 9dpt was implantation. Now if spotting again bring down my high hopes... Sheesh. I think the mental torture is worse than the jabs. How u feeling? Any symptoms? U with kkh too?

Hope42014- idk la, i thought the spotting at 9dpt was implantation. Now if spotting again bring down my high hopes... Sheesh. I think the mental torture is worse than the jabs. How u feeling? Any symptoms? U with kkh too?
no symptom... :( only feel very tire to whole day but wake up real early.. I think gone case liao..:(:( I am with NUH.

Hi ladies, my recovery after egg retrieval is slow, i am still having bad cramps (the pulling effect) and bleeding was reduced turning to dark brown but i was wondering really need so long? its been 3days since er. hopefully doesn affect transfer should i be called back for it.

hi adnil and snuggly both yr gynae is from tmc? adnil is dr eunice and snuggly is dr loh? so lets say i have not visited them before should there be any problem can i just walk in like that?

i am getting all prepare dont want anything last min arrangement or anxious and nervous even lost when someting happen *touch wood*

I think you can always walk in but just prepared to wait. I have seen patient who walked in without appt.

Hi, I had pinkish (not exactly red) spotting as well.... don't over analyse and just think positive :)

actually i was wondering how could an ivf fail if the egg has been fertilised and became an embryo before it was trf into our body. if fail does it mean our body fault due to some factors (the food we eat? keep walking no rest? etc) then how about those ladies who got pregnant without knowing. they wont be doing all this preparation as they wont even have the 2ww!

sisters who fail the ivf how many days transfer did you all do? 3 or 5? is there any day 4 transfer? wondering!

The fertilised egg will need to continue to grow after transfer and to be implant into the uterine wall in order for it be a baby. Sometime implantation doesn't happen could be because it is being absorbed by the body or discharged out from the body when implantation fails. That's why though I have 2 eggs transferred only one is succesful... the other one just didn't make it.

Iwantahealthybaby, I started seeing dr sf loh when he was still heading the kkhivf since my fresh cycle. So even though he moved to tmc, I will follow :)
I did fet at kkh only because of subsidies and grants. I am sure you can call for an appointment?

Hope4bb, I did my fet on 21 nov so I should only be are 5weeks +-?
I go through roller coaster of emotions the whole day. On one hand happy yolk sac can be seen, but when spotting will not stop, I start thinking why my nausea is gone....
Have to keep reminding myself to relax.....dr loh told me off for carrying heavy bag and walking so fast coz I was nearly sprinting into his office today.....

Hi Snuuggly, what u dr said is correct. U must really becaful. If possible bed rest. And go bed early at night. Resting is very important. Stay positive. As u also experienced bleeding in ur prev pregnancy n u still able to carry on the pregnancy n delivered a healthy bb. So stay positive! Will keep u in my prayers....

Sisters I am still feeling cramps in pelvic area and back. Is it normal during stim or means ohss. Pls advise. Thanks.

Back