Comparsion of Gynae Fees and Packages (inflation?)

christygin

Dear All 2014 Mums to Be..

I am wk 10 into my first pregancy. Have seen my chosen Gynae Dr SP Teo twice. I am quite happy with him fatherly and nice but long hours and the first 2 consulations as follow:

1)wk 5- First visit $320 ($140 consultation 5 min, $100 ultracan, Calcium/DHA/Forlic/Neogioblin ($80)

2)wk 7- 2nd Visit $450 ($100 consultation, $100 ultrascan, Duphaston $250,($2.50 per pill which is causing me to have more MS and vomitting)

Am checking with all here if my gynae is exhorbiant?

3) I have asked what is the package price and the nurse told me its $1.5k for 2nd trimster onwards, include consulation and ultrascan BUT exclude all the vitamins.
Is this the norm package and pricing?

HOw much will it further cost if to deliver at TMC?

Thanks for advice and sharing......

some gyanes just tends to be more expensive i guess?

i was with this gyane at gleneagles during my first trimester

first visit i went (ard week 6) , i paid $339.15
this is inclusive of folic acid, duphaston, ultrascan (which she even charged for the copy of ultrascan)

second visit i went (ard week 10) , i paid $304.95
i topped up some vitamins (cant remember what), and this includes ultrascan etc..

third visit i went (ard week 12/13) , i paid $516.80
went for oscar scan which was 200+, means consultation was about 200+/300
blood test etc

her package only starts at 20 weeks which is about 1K+ after gst

just imagine, 3 visits in the first trimester and i have already paid 1.1k!!
that's not inclusive of visits from week 13-20 (depends on how many more times i need to see her), and one consultation costs around $300+
and the package is not inclusive of supplements etc.. before delivery i would have already paid close to 3K?

at week 14, i decided to change to Dr Benjamin Tham @ TMC.
he offered me a package which they usually offer to patients at week 12 for $750 (excluding gst)
this includes all scans and consultations except vitamins and any additional tests (like detailed scan at week 20 or any blood test which you need..or gluclose test..)
i have asked around and some gyanes usually offer package after the first trimester and it ranges from around $600-$850

you might want to check what is Dr SP Teo's delivery charges too
as on top of the delivery charges you need to pay for TMC, you would need to pay delivery charges too.

i understand that the initial stages of pregnancy is usually more volatile so no gyanes would provide you with any package.. but my personal feel for having such an expensive gyane, is really taxing on the wallet.. especially when there's still other gyanes who are equally good and charge cheaper?

just my two cents.. i hope it helps in your decision
i can only say i have never regretted my decision in changing a gyane and wished i had did a better research initially instead of ending up having to pay so much for the first few consultations.

Not sure how many weeks i am, but Babycenter estimates 4th week, Private patient (i supposed coz i called at 8.30am for 10.30am appt) , NUHS, Prof PC Wong

$48.15 Consultation with Prof (15min in the morning, 10min in the afternoon) (waited for 1hour)
$27.82 HCG bloodtest (waited again for prob 20-30min)
$90.95 Transvagina ultrasound with Prof Biswas, 30min with another Dr and 2 technicians, trying very hard to look for the sac and found it (waited for 30min)
$43.44 Duphaston 28tabs ( @$1.73 per tab)
$1.93 Folic acid 90tabs
$42.80 Hydroxyprogesterone 500mg jab
$10.80 injection services
= first visit $265.89 (literally spent my whole day there)

I need $42.80 Hydroxyprogesterone 500mg jab 2x a week. (waited for 30min)
I'd prob stick with NUH coz parking is easy even though i stay in the east.

Last edited:
HI Twinne,

Seems that your charges comparable with mine...least yours is Gleneagles (which is the Best) while mine is just a private Gynae who will deliver in TMC..

I am having two minds in changing Gynae, for I wonder if all the previous records will be gone? And my BB make not be happy..not that we stingy but its like rip off...

But 1.5K for the package after 3 mths and non inclusive of vitamins/pills seem not as per market rate...

I also had considered changing to Dr Ben Tham at TMC direct....can you share me his charges details? inclusive the OSCAR scan, detailed Scan and the delivery charges in the end?

I am 36 and my OSCAR scan is due wk 11 next week... but this sat wk 10 I need to go see DR Teo again...wonder how much.....

christy, actually even if its at gleneagles..she was formerly from KKH.. Dr Ben Tham was also formely from KKH
that's the most (#&$(*#&$*(# part!!

dont worry, all previous record wont really be gone..
if you have done blood test all these, i'm sure Dr Teo would have given you a copy of the test results etc..
if you have any existing illness or whatever..i think you just need to inform your new gyane, and everything should be good
anyway, its still early part in the pregnancy, no need to be worried about records being gone.. mostly just scans only, you can bring your previous ultrascans to your new gyane so if you have any questions or what you can post it to the new gyane

hehe, dont worry BB wont be not happy.
its not that you dont want to spend the money..but i too feel its a rip off
we need to be practical about the charges..unless you really dont mind paying these charges on every visit and you really feel comfortable with Dr Teo then you might consider staying put with him
i'm not sure if i'm sensitive, but when i was with that gynae at Gleneagles, my BB like not very happy hahaha.. not much movement.. but things changed when I was seeing Dr Tham. (maybe its concidental..but i will just take it that BB was happy with my decision to change another gynae)

yes, 1.5k is on the high side.
do also rem to check out his delivery charges!
i know some gynae gives package once you see them (at abt $900..) all the way till you give birth.. and doesnt include supplements etc..but you are bounded to be delivered by him.. if not there's some penalties..so you might want to check if Dr Teo has any T&Cs before changing to another gynae?

i did my oscar scan at gleneagles which was expensive! almost $300 i tink.. cant rem but around that range..
not sure how much it would have cost at TMC.. but my detailed scan was so much affordable, it was $163.65 after 5% off for FBI members

if you are planning to deliver at TMC, do sign up for the FBI (First born incentive) card, you get 5% off your scans, if you intend to register for antenatal classes, there's 5% too.. and $100 of single bedded wards at tmc , so on and so for.. there's also goodie bags upon signing up for the card and this include 3 books from Wong Boh Boi which is very informative and helpful in your pregnancy :)

sorry, i did a check, Dr Tham's package from 12 weeks onwards is $650, not $750, i had a blood test that day and i accidentally included the price in..

delivery charges for Dr Tham:
Normal Vaginal Delivery : Frm $1300
Assisted Delivery: Frm $1600
Caesarean section: from $2100

these are the basic charges, of course if you need to see him outside working hours etc, there's further charges

Medisave claims:
Delivery:

Normal delivery: $750
Forcepts delivery: $1250
Casarean section: $2150 (+S$450 for pre-delivery expenses) - this means the $650 you paid for the package, you can claim $450 from medisave! :)

would you be having oscar test at his clinic or?
i had mine at the gyane at gleneagles and it cost $300+..pple say can see BB very long..but i didnt :(
i think since you paid so much for each consultation..i'm not surprised it would costs abt $500 plus oscar inclusive for this visit

Twinnee...

Thanks for your advice.. I have found Dr ben Tham website (he has his own website!)

For my OSCAR, it will not be done by Dr Teo whom had asked me to go TMC to book. I am not sure the price but a check on web seems about $300+

I am considering hard now after this Sat 3rd visit , prehaps I should get my urine tests results? I have yet to do any blood test with Dr teo.

*One good thing which I believe most Gyanes will do :Dr Teo is very generous in giving the ultrascans photos...each visit he give me up to 4 pieces...
But his really does not mean the high charges comapred to others correct..

Can you share your experience....on your Week 12...you called n booked Dr Ben Tham (sat is sure full house) and did you inform your first original Gynae?

I think I might just do that when I book for my OSCAR, or can I do it via Dr Ben?

Normal Vaginal Delivery : Frm $1300
Assisted Delivery: Frm $1600
Caesarean section: from $2100
After Medisave:
Normal delivery: $1300-$750
Forcepts delivery: $1600-$1250
Casarean section: $2100 -$2150 (+S$450 for pre-delivery expenses)

* am I right for your above deliery charges after Medisave? Btw these charges are in Year 2013 for your case I guess? :)

twinnie87,
can chk with you, does dr tham do OSCAR scanning and detail scanning at his clinic or have to go to TMC fetal assessment clinic ?
thanks

christy- yes dr tham has his own website!

oh, ask you go tmc to book? shldnt he be booking for you??
i tot the nurses would book for you.. if you really decide to give birth at TMC, you shld really get the FBi card

urine test results not necessary, everytime i go to dr tham's clinic, i will need to do a urine test too
so i guess that's good enough :)

no idea why his charges are so high.. maybe you can google and check about pple's feedback about him?
one thing i like about dr tham is although he doesnt print out the ultrascan (he usually gives one copy only..) the rest he will save into ur thumb drive for you, so that you can go green!

after week 12, i was thinking real hard if i shld stick with the gleneagles gynae..but i heard alot of good things abt dr tham so decided to give him a try. unfortunately for first visits, you cant do saturday visits.. oh i forgot to include.. my gleneagles gynae..if you see her on sat, you need to pay additional $10..once you have the package with dr tham, there's no additional costs for saturday.
your first visit with dr tham needs to be on a weekday

i wont really tell my first gynae first..coz each is to his own, i might prefer dr tham, but you might in the end prefer dr teo.. so maybe can just make a visit there and see if you and him have any 'chemistry'? i think thats very important coz ultimately we want to have a comfortable pregnancy and we want to make sure that gyane is someone we are comfortable with right? so probably you could have an appointment with him before you decide whether to switch gynae?

my first impression with dr tham was good, so i did not hestitate to sign up the package with him
i then contacted my first gyane and told her nurse that i decided to carry on with another gyane..and that's it.
no other actions needed on your side.

i'm not sure if you can do your oscar via dr ben, you might wanna call the clinic to check?

these are the rough charges i got after i signed the package with dr ben. i only signed with him in may., im due in nov :)
so not a very good person to give the exact details of the charges unfortunately..

labbitt - you have to go to level 4 the fetal clinic there. after that you will have an appointment with dr ben whereby he will explain the results to you.. that's for detailed scanning.. not sure how it works for oscar..but if im not wrong..shld be at level 4 too..but that one no need to wait for results... so you will only get to know the details on ur next visit and not on the same day..hope that helps :)

Hi all,

I just found out that I was pregnant for the first time and m really anxious right now. Not sure how to go about choosing a right gynae. I am inclined to deliver at mount Alvernia but not sure how to find a reasonably priced gynae who delivers there. Any idea?

Btw christygin, I think your doc really overcharging. The gynae that I went to today only charges $28 for a box of 20 duphaston so pro-rated to only about $1.40 per pill... though I didn't really like this doc cos he seems to be in a hurry and he delivers at TMC

hi newbaby, congrates on your discovery!
there's actually a couple of gyanes who deliver in Mt A, you can probably try reading thru the forum and you will find some 'famous' names like Benjamin Tham, Caroline Khi, Adrian Woodworth, Irene Chua, Lisa Chin etc and google them, see what others have to comment about them or what their prices are?

Hi Christy,

Yr Gynae does sound exorbitant. I'm currently seeing Dr Peter Chew at Gleneagles and I would say he's very reasonably priced considering his experience. His pkg is kinda diff, $1600 covers from consults from wk 13 onwards and three weekly interval check ups, including delivery! Additional $600 for post delivery visit at hospital and subsequent check ups! Only thing is ultrasound not included. $40 per US and $5 dipstick. Of cos all vitamins and investigations not included. Only thing is he only delivers at glen which is exorbitant la!

My gynae in Punggol also increases her package once every few years.. but I still go to her even though I've moved away from Punggol because I'm comfortable with her. Her market rate is definitely on the high side, but I think it's market forces at work? She's still very popular and I prefer female gynaes who can also deliver at Mt. Alvernia. Most good ones mentioned in forums are male and/or deliver only at TMC.

Btw, I have a brand new pack of Duphaston (20 tablets) available for sale. Was prescribed this at my last visit, but as my spotting had ceased soon after I did not need to open the box. Since some of you are paying quite a lot for this, thought you might be interested. $28 for the box, collection at Waterfront Key, Bedok Reservoir. Pls email me at [email protected] if anyone is keen.

Hi all,

I just found out that I was pregnant for the first time and m really anxious right now. Not sure how to go about choosing a right gynae. I am inclined to deliver at mount Alvernia but not sure how to find a reasonably priced gynae who delivers there. Any idea?

Btw christygin, I think your doc really overcharging. The gynae that I went to today only charges $28 for a box of 20 duphaston so pro-rated to only about $1.40 per pill... though I didn't really like this doc cos he seems to be in a hurry and he delivers at TMC

Hi congrats~ you may try Dr Poon King Fu. My #1 delivered by him. he also have a permanent clinic at Blk 108 Hougang Avenue 1.

1st consultation is abt $130+ (consultation test and ultrasound scan) and subsequently if no additional stuff, it's cheaper.. and after 1st trimester he will offer u the package of $750 + GST. which i find it reasonable despite he increased his package by $50 & GST registered. if you do any blood test or pap smear test with him, he will call you and talk to you personally abt ur result.. very sincere and soft spoken guy.. during my labour, when i saw him like seeing angel like tat (coz i was alone in the labour ward). haha..

Dear All 2014 Mums to Be..

I am wk 10 into my first pregancy. Have seen my chosen Gynae Dr SP Teo twice. I am quite happy with him fatherly and nice but long hours and the first 2 consulations as follow:

1)wk 5- First visit $320 ($140 consultation 5 min, $100 ultracan, Calcium/DHA/Forlic/Neogioblin ($80)

2)wk 7- 2nd Visit $450 ($100 consultation, $100 ultrascan, Duphaston $250,($2.50 per pill which is causing me to have more MS and vomitting)

Am checking with all here if my gynae is exhorbiant?

3) I have asked what is the package price and the nurse told me its $1.5k for 2nd trimster onwards, include consulation and ultrascan BUT exclude all the vitamins.
Is this the norm package and pricing?

HOw much will it further cost if to deliver at TMC?

Thanks for advice and sharing......

Wow.. Duphastan a pill is $2.50!!! Very ex..

I am with dr Ben Tham and I tot my duphastan $1.50 a pill is already ex!!!

Anyway, dr Tham package starts from 12weeks @$600 before gst. Including consultation n scan n urine test. Vitamins all these have to pay separately...

For his delivery package I Thk above gt pple mention Liao.. U can consider changing gyane if u don't feel confortanle with ur current one. Dr Tham is a very patience nice n humorous gyane.. Haha.. He gave me so much assurance and I feel so safe in his hands!! =D

After reading all your post, is true that....some gynaes really ripping our hard earned money lo..sadly to say..
Anyway as long as u haven sign e package with your Gynae u still stand a chance to switch doc. But need to google n ask around instead of being chopped carrots.
I m having my 2nd one now.. With one living child n 2miscarriages..I followed up the Indian Gynae at NUH..as I was working at NuH n was spotting with my gal..she is good n very pro natural. I stayed punggol n went all the way to NUH for her..abit Siao..
Reason is she very knowledgable and very gd during delivery. Sitching I would say 99% perfect..keke.. U feel like a V after delivery lo..haha..opps..hope there arnt any daddy Arnd to read my post..I can walked around like normal str after delivery..
Best part is she will pressed n pushed n flushed all the blood clots after I delivered my gal..e nurses also took turn to press n push all e blood out.. But it can b quite painful when they pressed n pushed..
But is worth it..cuz after delivery, my tummy literally went flat no more bulging tummy..
I reali like their service at NuH..

I took private..first consult Arnd 120+ scan 80-90 with sub consult Arnd 98$
Package is 780 after 22wks

for cheaper gynae, try doctor lawrence ang if money is a problem. last heard his package is still below market rate. 550 from week 13 onwards.

or you can look for doctor wee horng yen if you can afford to pay abit more. think it's below 1k (last remember is 800) the package starts from 600. consultations are longer than lawrence ang definitely.

:) hths

jesmin06, need some further advice from you, if you dont mind sharing. Can you advise me on the Name of the Gynae you visited in NUH?
You mentioned about the evacuation of uterus with Dr Adrian Woodworth i supposed? What happened? I haad visited him previously when I first found out about my pregnancy, still wondering if I should go back to him.
As I'm now stuck between tking the high risk of having a Physical/functional deformed baby or to removed it (as advised by 4 gynae so far). I'm in desperate need to seek for fifth opinion from a female non-chinese gynae, hope you could provide me with the details of your previous gynae.

Thank you!

hi all, my gynae is in gleneagles and my first was delivered by him. i like him, very professional and steady. My first visit with ultrasound, and iron pills cost be 160. 20 weeks onwards, package, 2k+ and this includes delivery ( normal delivery) ..

Dr Adrian Woodworth delivers in TMC. Friend recommended him to me but i don't find him comfortable. He is really chop chop, in a sense that will want you to quickly go out of his room, that makes me uncomfortable if i want to ask question and if i have many unsure answers. And that i was not able to calmly get my answer and i felt unsecure being chased out of e room. Went in to see him only for 3mins and i am out of e consultation room. Consultation was $80 and folic acid for 30pcs (30 days) was $12!!! Told him some of my concerns and worry about complications of taking medicines, and he was like chop chop chase me out. Was quite depressed and heart broken for paying $92 for a 3min consultation.

Waiting time about 30 to 35mins (may be longer)
Consultation time 3mins (no checks or scans just verbal)
waiting for payment and med/supp 25 to 30mins
Perhaps becos i went in e evening. operating time 5.30-7.30pm only 2 hrs!!!

Although i had a bad experience, my friend's one was quite smooth. So it really depends on what kind of gynae u are looking for. Hope this helps :)

Btw...I did my evacuation of uterus with tmc with dr a.w.....n seriously sucks..nv go back to him again..

Just a note..Ben tham is reali gd :)

me too! I had bad experience with him. Now looking for a gynae near Hougang, Sengkang or Punggol area. Any recommendation?

Dr Adrian Woodworth delivers in TMC. Friend recommended him to me but i don't find him comfortable. He is really chop chop, in a sense that will want you to quickly go out of his room, that makes me uncomfortable if i want to ask question and if i have many unsure answers. And that i was not able to calmly get my answer and i felt unsecure being chased out of e room. Went in to see him only for 3mins and i am out of e consultation room. Consultation was $80 and folic acid for 30pcs (30 days) was $12!!! Told him some of my concerns and worry about complications of taking medicines, and he was like chop chop chase me out. Was quite depressed and heart broken for paying $92 for a 3min consultation.

Waiting time about 30 to 35mins (may be longer)
Consultation time 3mins (no checks or scans just verbal)
waiting for payment and med/supp 25 to 30mins
Perhaps becos i went in e evening. operating time 5.30-7.30pm only 2 hrs!!!

Although i had a bad experience, my friend's one was quite smooth. So it really depends on what kind of gynae u are looking for. Hope this helps :)

Any recommendation for gynae near Hougang, Sengkang or Punggol area? And where's the hospital the gynae delivers? Thanks in advance!

Can I check with the Mummies, how many of you already paid for the gynae's delivery charges prior to delivery?
I paid 2k+ but now am worried that after delivery, hospi will bill me delivery charges again and I'll be paying double!

I had an emergency c-section with Dr Wee and am still in confinement now. My hubby says that my wound looks completely sealed and is quite neat now. My baby was out in half an hour from the operating theatre. So I guess he is really good with surgery? I left the operating theatre in an hour and a half though. We tried inducing my baby but failed. We went ahead with induction against Dr Wee's recommendations. I was barely dilated so he said that it is quite unlikely that induction will succeed. He does not push decisions on you but just presents facts to you. This is a point about Dr Wee that my husband really likes.

I was very comfortable with going with Dr Wee early on without much reviews, mainly because he has experienced staff working with him. I called up a few clinics to enquire about their packages and Dr Wee's staff answered most clearly, so I knew what and how much I would be paying. If I have any queries and I am not sure whether I should go down to the clinic to check, I can just ring up the clinic and the staff are usually experienced enough that they can answer your questions. Dr Wee also has a whatsapp number. You can look it up on his website. I think this was implemented after I signed up his package because his website did not state this number last year. I only know that I frequently whatsapp queries to that number because sometimes I forget to call to ask stuff during office hours and the clinic has closed when I call.

The other bonus was that I was not decided about my hospital when I started visiting Dr Wee. He delivers at Mount E, Mount A, Glen E and TMC.

Note that his package only cover 10 sessions, and are not unlimited like some other doctors. However, if you are going with him, you are unlikely to exceed the 10 sessions because at 40 weeks, he will recommend delivery. i.e. you reach EDD. I think that is the practise at KKH? By then I did not want to carry my baby around anymore anyway. Super heavy you know.

Thanks gevicra! Sounds good. can u share details of his antenatal package? How much is it and what does it consist of?

The package cost me $800 and consists of consultation, urine test and ultrasound. Supplements not included. Saturday visits need to top up $10 per visit. I cannot remember if these figures include GST. My hubby paid everything. First visit cannot get package.

Also, note that delivery charges are not included in the package and cannot be paid by credit card. Apparently, patients of all doctors that are not with the hospital have to pay delivery charges by cash or NETS. $2000 will be collected and deducted from your final hospital bill. I delivered at Glen E. This also answers selp's question above. For better details, you should call the clinic. The ladies that pick up the phone are all very nice and won't bite. =)

Any recommendation for gynae near Hougang, Sengkang or Punggol area? And where's the hospital the gynae delivers? Thanks in advance!

My friend also recommend Dr Adrian Woodworth. If you dun mind when consultation (3 min) plus waiting time around 2 hours. You can go for him. His package is $588.50 include scan, consultation, medicine.

Hi mums

I just delivered on May 2014 at Mount Alvernia by a very good gynae. His fees are unbelievably cheap. He is also very good. I will tell you why.

First Consultation : $111
(consultation $60 + scan $55. I got my own vitamins from GnC)

Subsequent visit : less than $100 (can't remember)

Package from 16 weeks : $650 (inclusive of all scans + consultation + urine test)

Caesarian Fee : $1850

This is 2014 price.

Earlier, I was concerned about his skills as his fees are "too affordable" to be true. As I had placenta previa and needed caesarian, I sought a second opinion from another "famous" gynae in the east, but felt even more uncomfortable as the consultation is so short, fees are high ($294 for first consultation) and long waiting time. After comparison, I decided to stick with Dr Phua. He is very patient to answer all queries and I never have to wait more than 20mins to see him. He will answer my questions in unhurried manner. But being me, the comparison is important to me to feel assured.

I believed I made the right choice with Dr Phua Soo Mear from Gynae Health in Hougang. I delivered my baby successfully via caesarian. And the bonus part is when he removed my stitches, I was surprised by the good workmanship on the stitches. I work with a plastic surgeon before. I know how good stitches look like. It was a fine, even line across the belly.

Overall, I must say it is a very good experience with Dr Phua in terms of his professionalism, stitching skills, "very affordable" fees, short waiting time and not forgetting the great patient relation skills offered by his 3 wonderful nurses.

Here's the clinic details :

Dr Phua Soo Mear
Gynae Health
Blk 211 Hougang Street 21‎ 530211
Tel : 6282 8960

My friend also recommend Dr Adrian Woodworth. If you dun mind when consultation (3 min) plus waiting time around 2 hours. You can go for him. His package is $588.50 include scan, consultation, medicine.

Oh my goodness...
consultation is so short? the waiting is so long?
with just 3 min of consultation, what kind of attention and service will that be? and is it possible in the first place?

I would rather pay a little more for a better service. at least the dr can remember my name and face...

hi all, my gynae is in gleneagles and my first was delivered by him. i like him, very professional and steady. My first visit with ultrasound, and iron pills cost be 160. 20 weeks onwards, package, 2k+ and this includes delivery ( normal delivery) ..
Who are u seeing?

Hi! Is there any mummy who is taking Dr Esther Ang? Can't seems to find her prices and package price and wondering if anyone can share? Thanks!

hi emily, i know this post is a bit late, but im with Dr Woo Bit Hwa and his clinic is at Punggol plaza level 4.

his consultation is only tues and thurs evenings but he is quite patient and package is reasonable

first consultation:$100+

second consultation onwards can sign package - $800+ GST includes all in clinic scans, 1 blood test and all vitamins (except fish oil)

he delivers at TMC or Mt A, so i guess for such a package and if near your home, why not?

Oops! Made a typo there. Meant to say Dr Esther Ng. I read through all the threads regarding Dr Esther Ng but still can't find any updated rates as of 2014. Will anyone be able to help me on this? TIA: )

Hi Happyjiokzai, i used Dr Ho HK for my second baby, i just delivered on 19 June. Dr ho is considered a bit pricey as opposed to my old gynae at East Shore. his package of 1200 starts at week 20. i need to dig out the bills to break down for you. but average bill before package is 200ish, so is walk in cost if you didnt make prior appt.

his delivery fees doesn't include ward visits, so overall he is more expensive.

however, i have to say he is really very skilful in this stitching. i felt no pain at all, and didnt have to take any painkillers after my op. he is also very experienced as he found out about my fever during labour, and immediately requested for PD standby while he delivered the baby ( usually it will be nurses taking the baby away, PD wont be around)

let me know in specific what you want to know about Dr Ho, will be happy to share.

Hi Pringles_09

Thanks so much for the info. :)

Do you have to wait for a long time for Dr Ho for each visit/check-up?

Can roughly share the total costs of the package if you still remember?

Hi anyone know about the charges for dr wee horng yen ? And the package he charge ? Thanks :)

Dr Wee's package only start from 12 weeks onwards for $900 plus GST. That is include consultation up to 10 visits, urine test and ultrasound. Does not include any blood test, oscar test, etc.

Hi mums

I just delivered on May 2014 at Mount Alvernia by a very good gynae. His fees are unbelievably cheap. He is also very good. I will tell you why.

First Consultation : $111
(consultation $60 + scan $55. I got my own vitamins from GnC)

Subsequent visit : less than $100 (can't remember)

Package from 16 weeks : $650 (inclusive of all scans + consultation + urine test)

Caesarian Fee : $1850

This is 2014 price.

Earlier, I was concerned about his skills as his fees are "too affordable" to be true. As I had placenta previa and needed caesarian, I sought a second opinion from another "famous" gynae in the east, but felt even more uncomfortable as the consultation is so short, fees are high ($294 for first consultation) and long waiting time. After comparison, I decided to stick with Dr Phua. He is very patient to answer all queries and I never have to wait more than 20mins to see him. He will answer my questions in unhurried manner. But being me, the comparison is important to me to feel assured.

I believed I made the right choice with Dr Phua Soo Mear from Gynae Health in Hougang. I delivered my baby successfully via caesarian. And the bonus part is when he removed my stitches, I was surprised by the good workmanship on the stitches. I work with a plastic surgeon before. I know how good stitches look like. It was a fine, even line across the belly.

Overall, I must say it is a very good experience with Dr Phua in terms of his professionalism, stitching skills, "very affordable" fees, short waiting time and not forgetting the great patient relation skills offered by his 3 wonderful nurses.

Here's the clinic details :

Dr Phua Soo Mear
Gynae Health
Blk 211 Hougang Street 21‎ 530211
Tel : 6282 8960
Hi do u mind sharing the bill under dr phua for ur birth.. Am considering him for my current pregnancy.. Thanks a million. :)

Back