(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Happiness: i went to few NTUC & Giant also din see Fitti diapers... u ever saw b4 at any branch?

Can anyone share which popular branch got sell the Baby See Series card?

happi> oic, smells like die ta jiu? haha

juz now u sms me very funny.. dun understand her msg.. wondering if u msg wrong person.. I shall await her reply later.. heehee

Yvonne / Bbin..

Me not complaining of takin care bb at home.. Always believe tat the best job in the world is being a SAHM.. Nothin is more rewarding den being there wif ur kids watching them grow...

However, human being are always difficult to be contented.. I reali do miss the fast pace at work some times.. Hahahaa

Bbin ...

I saw the rain protector at Fairprice Xtra too.. Lucky Baby brand, cost abt $15 only ! But stil we din buy.. Hubby feels it's not necessary...

Happiness ...

I'm not sure if the terms of clearing ML is frm co or govt.. But if ur HR already told u the due date to clear them, den better follow lor...

6mths onwards can bring bb to swim ah.. Good ! I can't wait lor ! Cos I wan Jolie to love water and learn swimming.. dun wan her to be like daddy, dunno how to swim. Jurong SAFRA is jus within walkin distance frm my house and they hav a mega children fun pool lor.. I wanna bring Jolie there ...

Cloh ...

I bought baby flash cards frm Harris Bookshop.. Though it's not Baby See series.. But it's still fun and colorful wif a few range to select... It's only abt $7 pet box..

whoofy,

alamak... its even cheaper than wat i've got! but then, i had to buy juz nw coz it was raining @ chinatown wen i'm leaving... n the route to the mrt lift is not sheltered! tink i got the mamalove...

Apple : sometimes do check out NTUC diapers corner. They do hv offer every now n then. N also Carrefour. I bought another 2 packs of Huggies n 1 pack of Mamy poko there 2 weeks ago cos got 10% discount if use POSB everyday credit card. I very obsessed with diapers offer. So everytime i'm at a supermarket i will check out the diapers see got offer anot. If hv i will stock up... haha... my hb say now we can operate mini diapers buisness...

Angel : u mean auntie yani sms u??? Anyway, when u cfm a timing with her hor, she will sms u she is on the way b4 she go... then u will hv enuf time to prepare... usually abt an hr from the time she sms u she's on the way...

bbin : wah 3 towels ar... for my ML i only use a thick cloth to cover the di lam... then 1 big towel to cover my body thats all.... ok i PM u her number...

cloh : try carrefour... sometimes got offer...I bought quite a few Huggies frm NTUC... cos got offer ... did not notice if NTUC hv Fitti, but shld hv lei... But carrefour cfm hv... cos i bought another 4 packs frm carrefour that time when got 10% discount... hohoho...

Whoofy : ya lor, if my HR say clear by end DEC i better if not kena kapok "bo hua"...

I was surfing the net the other day and saw this sch that offers infant aquatics... maybe u can read up... i wanted to bring Cherish there when she is 6 months old... but Daddy says waste $$... he rather coach Cherish himself [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] aiyo, i just want Cherish to go njoy n make frds with other babies mah.... haiz...

Maybe u might be interested when Jolie is older... ehhh, but if we can form our own group maybe can send our babies there together???

http://www.swimminglessons.com.sg/infantaquatics.htm?gclid=COv9zv30-aACFQJB6wodiznGvA

whoofy : wow so wei da... actually i reali prefer to go work, but when i see my MIL so very pamper my son... i feel like staying at home to look after myself, scared she spoil my kid.

Minime/JMI : eh, me oso seng kang-er leh... can meet out for lunch

bbin : no lah, she wanted to publish one of the photo but i told her i wanted to ask my hb first... cos naked one, it's my belly that she likes, not me!

Bbin ...

Heeheeeee nvm lah.. Buy liao also not too bad mah.. Quality is better for urs definitely.

Happiness ..

Enrol our babies into swimming class together ? Think gonna be very fun ! But can totally understand why ur hubby not in favour of sending Cherish for swimming classes ! She already got a personal swimming coach liao !!!

Gyan ...

U very funny.. Think ur main purpose for not going back to work is not looking after Alfonse but to keep an eye on ur MIL ! Hahaha

Hi Mummies

Super busy week for me!

Just started work, and it was as if i have never left for 2mths ML at all!

Terrible, dun even have time to miss bb during ofis hours....

Freesia

aiyo, hope bb is fine now. Really very heartpain to see bb go thru all these leh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

You take care!

happiness,

thanks!

gyan,

it was last min decision to go chinatown... haha.. isit that pose wif ur legs in the air?? ;) eh, share share lei... =)

re swimming class,

gd idea lei.. so hw many interested??

whoofy : haa, personal coach.... no la i tot just enrol her in infant aquatics for her to hv fun only la... ya it will be fun if we can form a group of our own...

bbin : only can start the infant aqua when bb is 6 months old... be patient... hhaaa

Whoofy,

I'm also planning to bring estovan to the safes baby pool. Went to take a look the other day when I was pregnant and saw that the water is quite clean. Not sure how big must baby be before can bring him into the pool.

Just finish latching baby. He woke up after 5hrs of sleep but only latch for 3mins, then fell asleep again.

Bryest...

Since Jurong SAFRA opened, we hv been thinking of so many activities tat Jolie can enjoy there.. First is definitely the pool.. So big and fun !! I think as wat Happiness mentioned, once bb able to control their head/neck, we can bring them to the pool liao. But of course if u dun wanna wait tat long, can bring Estovan there perhaps in a month's time..can jus carry him and sit on the shallow area to let him

hav contact wif water.. actually hav an infant pool hidden near the jacuzzi area u knoe..

Sorry to interrupt. I am from the March thread and have the following item to let go

1) Desitin Original (purple)- Bought extra @$12, to let go @$10 (include postage), expiry 01/11.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

For diapers,the CK department stores sometimes have v good promo,better than ntuc etc.bght mamypoko at $20.95,and will stock up,cos their promo once in a while.they have other promo for huggies n drypers n others.

Anyone tried greatlink employment agency?

Have u all get insurance?I bght AIA starshield plan,it's quite good, as it covers medical reimbursement for hfmd,dengue,and also accident such as when bb fall etc all can claim as long as due to accident and the plan is really cheap starting from 9 plus a month.

Bbin,

safra is open to public but the rates are lower for members. Maybe we shld organize bringing babies to play water there one of these days.

Ivy,

We bought the aia life, endowment and limited plans for baby. Also bought the healthshield plan for him.

Happiness,

I actually lazy to go do research on the price of diapers. Thanks for letting me know! Will have second thought about buying from the bulk purchase liao.

For the massage, I am just taking up a trial at $48/hr to try , if no good and no strength will look around others.

ACtually I have done my post-natal massage with a Malay Lady.. but she timing is reall "rubber band" can be late for 1-1.5 hrs.. so I dun want to engage her anymore though she is good.

How is your this Malay lady, is she usually on time?

Ivy,

My bb use Mamypoko, the price at CK $20.95, is it for a pack of 72 , size S?

Is the promotion still on? Not sure if there is any CK in the West side

Constance,

So fast go to work liao.. how are you clearing the remaining 2 month maternity leave.

I stay at home now to take care of bb, now dun feel like going back.. am taking 4 months in one Go.

Freesia,

Hope your baby is recovering well liao and you also take care.

BTw you got buy ur baby an insurance already? Can claim those hospital charges if you do buy insurance liao?

My niece , only 2yr, recently stayed in Hospital for 2 days for persistent diarrhoea and fever. Lucky the hospital bill all can claim as charged.

bryest,

What is AIA limited plan?

Can I ask, with these plans you bought, how much is the premium paid per month?

Me , I am still hunting

The plan I bght from aia is just for the medical reimbursement,u can claim PD fees as long as u r seeing the pd due to accident or hfmd,dengue,food poisoning.

Pet,the mamypoko promo is for M size above,went few days ago no promo for mp bug have promo for others.must see the prices,for mp at CK store is the best promo,not sure abt other diapers.there is CK at west coast n Clementi

christine --> i hv same ques as pet too...haha//.hope we din ask too much. can share with me what plan are u buying and how much is the premium per mth/ year? thks ya

Eh.. Todae topic on insurance ah? Dun mind to intro my beloved bro to u gals.. He was in Aia now in GE.. Hence if any of u int I can Pm u his Hp.. He very frenly one can ans ur Qs n intro u plans for bb ;)

eh... But dun ask me qs ah cos I juz sign from him he juz settle for me... Hehe

Yvonne, Pet:

Just to share with you. I'm working with HSBC and just bought their children's education plan for my baby. Its called ChildEnrich.

I pay till my gal is 18yrs old and she has coverage for $50,000. then at 18 yrs old i stop paying the premium and her coverage will double increase to $100,000. On top of that I get to take out the $50,000 for her education. Got few options, can take out lump sum, over 3 yrs or 4 yrs. depending on the length of her university education. I find its quite unique has it combines a savings plan and whole life together and yet i only have to pay for 18 yrs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For hospitalisation I bought Aviva Myshield plan. It actually provides free coverage for 2 children till they age 20 yrs old. so bascially my hb use his medisave to pay for both of us then my gal get free coverage till she is 20 yrs old. It also includes pregnancy related complications.

Just to share, so if you want more info on the plan i bought can PM ya. hope it helps! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mambobb is under GE. Think if you all interested can ask her, she sure can give advise. I've bought from her on my health insurance.. Will buy the babies insurance from her later.. Look like she is busy with baby now..

Shinny: Ya,i have started menstruating. It came back on April Fools' Day. So fast.

I'm here once a week now and is stunned to know that so many mummies are giving up on BF liao. My supply is still very low and i only have time to pump once a day now but i think i shall persevere.....haha. Think pumping has become my hobby liao.

Any mummy's baby experiencing a growth spurt? My gal grew 5.5cm in 20 days.

bbin: i totally have no confidence to bring bb out alone. the most i dare to venture is downstairs my block. walk for 20 min hahha..

still trying to manage her.. she still turns into a cranky monster at nite.. day time still manageable

but i really wanna go out also!! been stuck at home so long. n so envious when i see all the mummies venturing out with their babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

YewYew,

Actually hor.. if giving full BM, I thought should not have menses? That was my experience during my 1st born...

Anyway "Jia You" continue to BM .. Gd for bb

shinny,

there's always a first time... i was like u too... worry i cant manage... but like wat other mummies hv said, juz ignore stares!! muz be thick skinned... till nw, i still do worry.. ter's still many different scenarios tat may happen during outing but juz hv to 硬着头皮 n face watever may come! if she day time manageable, den try to venture out slightly further... take bb step... ;)

re bf,

i don tink i can tahan till bb 6mths old liao... wanted to give up once i finish the 2 bottles of fenugreek, but nw still struggling wif the 1st bottle... haiz... anybody wanto buy the 2nd bottle from me?

Yewyew: My menses also come liao.. Cos i almost giving up BM, BM very low supply..

Growth spurt, how to we know?? My gal is 4.5kg at 5 weeks 4 days.. Seriously, i need she grow a lot.. Now look chubby..

bbin: What Ion orchard???

Shinny: I also haven't take my gal out alone even downstairs.. Cos i think i can't managed her if i take her out now.. 2 hrly feed..

Yew yew:

yah i think mine was really menstruation leh. the 1st 2 days super heavy flow. had to wear back the maternity pads! but i tot if BF should not come back so soon? i'm still expressing. only give FM twice for night feeds. my colleague only had her menses after 6 months!

also, wat is growth spurth? my gal put on 1kg during thr past month but length didnt increase. normal? where did her fats go to?? haha.. :p

bbin: dunno why i very scared when she cries. esp when she startes to scream n whole face turns black. haha i wanted to go ikea today with her but really no confidence!!

i will muster my courage this week.. really must go out myself. cannot keep waiting for hb to come back n bring us out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i guess once i do it b4 and can ignore pple, i will become more thick-skinned. haha thanks for the encouragement!

Apple: why dun u try feeding her more, then can slowly prolong the interval for feeding. now my gal is 8 weeks and she feeds every 3 hrs about 4oz.

makes alot of difference compared to 2 hrs! then u can start to have more rest too.

we shall try to bring baby out ourselves n update on progress k! jia you too!

pet: ok i'll pm u! gotta go look for the stuff.. hehe

apple,

the ion orchard gathering... if mon/tues anybody interested....

perhaps u can try to increase by 10ml, bit by bit... btw, hw much u feeding her every time if its 2hrly? n after each feed, she'll sleep soundly? or will fidget? if fidget, she may not hv enuf, tats y hv to feed in such short interval...

i hven hv menses yet, but still hving yellow wet discharge... didn latch my gal nw but still pump... perhaps 2-3 times during the day, once in the midnight...

shinny,

yesterday brought my gal out... she was whinning throughout the train journey back... only let out her usual scream n cries when i got home... all i can say is, she gave me 'face'... haha... but i was lucky tis time la... may not be so lucky everytime... really testing her patience... lol!

bbin, shinny,

Actually we mommies , have to learn to Shut our ears, thick skin, dun be pai say when our baby Whine or cry in the public.. Otherwise will always be too scare to go out with baby.

Happiness : Juz gotta see how he goes! Am bringing him for his jabs on Wed. Will ask his PD abt his condition as well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Whoofy : Hahahahahaha.. Guess what! My hb works at Safra Jurong lor! Kekekekeekek..

Ivy : The AIA Starshield tat u talk abt, does it have whole coverage meaning tat whatever "accident" it is, AIA will pay and tat the amt will be big unlike for some where they only pay like max. 20k etc?

Shinny : Can u pm me on the HSBC plan tat u talked about? Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Email : [email protected]

I had a meetup wif my insurance agent on Friday to talk abt Kiefer's insurance plan.

Endowment Plan For $200 a mth

Pru Save for 42k

Total & Permanent Disability for 42k

Will be able to get back 77k by the age of 21.

The other is..

Prulink Portection Account for 200k

Crisis Cover Provider III for 200k

Total & Permanent Disability for 200k

Crisis Cover Kids for 50k

Kiefer can get back 75k at the age of 21 but then, this has more coverage than the other.

Back