(2014/01) January 2014

Music, yah no choice that's why sleeping morning and afternoons hehe...just hoping this will pass soon and not all the way!

Good morning everyone :)

nidellia, hope everything will turn out well :) Be positive!!

ylyn. hang in there.. it will be gone without you realising.. and you will start to enjoy the pregnancy joy

pyng, my boy 6 yo liao. That time I train him to sleep by himself. My hubby go and spoil market. Now again he wants us to sleep with him till he is in la la land. But the moment he wake up in the morning.. he will rush to find us. When hubby not at home, he will bunk in with me and my gal. Wonder how to bunk in everyone in my queen size bed next year :(

haha u may wan to upgrade to king size bed lol...

thanks! I going for genetic scan as a 2nd opinion, meantime amnio's appt was made on the 29th Aug.. so if the scan next mon is good then will cancel the amnio test lo :)
go shopping for our new flat's stuffs that can also takes my mind off abit :)

Good luck and looking forwards to hear good news and gender from u next mth.

Yah.. weekends, my helper will be there to pick her up from bed when she wakes abt 7.30am to 8am while we laze. I am scared when she knows how to open doors and start to barge in.

Ur gal sleep with ur maid?

Hi ladies, today went for the genetic doc review for my amnio results. The overall chromosomes are in balance. However there is one chromosome that is in a different location. Doc says as long as there is no extra or less chromosome, no loss of any genetic material, baby would most probably be normal. She suggested us parents to take a blood test to see if anyone of us have a similar chromosome arrangement in our chromosomes and to test the remaining amniotic fluid of the bb to exclude 2 possible syndrome, either angelman syndrome or prader-willi syndrome. The possibility of having either one syndrome is 0.64%. We decided to do the tests as suggested. The results will be out in 2 weeks time. Really keep our fingers crossed and pray hard for good results.

Dun worries too much and i believe ur results will turn out good.

Yo music genie, I've updated le :) read my earlier post. It's v good!

U tempting me coz it look big and comforty! Hmm does it come with cover as well? Amazon cheaper?

Hi pyng, it is indeed v comfy. I slept v well in it. Amazon is cheaper. N it does come with a white cover though I think it's so impractical to have a white cover. Asked my MIL to help me tailor make one more cover for me. Or u can just buy the extra cover from amazon as well. Singapore doesn't sell snoogle (as far as my "research" tells me), only one online shop sells n they selling for $149! So yes amazon is definitely cheaper! :)

Yo le rainbow, thanks deary, I've recovered le... Btw y no honey ah?

haha u may wan to upgrade to king size bed lol...

Good luck and looking forwards to hear good news and gender from u next mth.

Ur gal sleep with ur maid?

Dun worries too much and i believe ur results will turn out good.

U tempting me coz it look big and comforty! Hmm does it come with cover as well? Amazon cheaper?

No.. helper has own room to sleep. Just that the baby monitor is in her room, so when my gal wakes up.. my helper will go in to change her and then, feed her breakfast.

Hi pyng, it is indeed v comfy. I slept v well in it. Amazon is cheaper. N it does come with a white cover though I think it's so impractical to have a white cover. Asked my MIL to help me tailor make one more cover for me. Or u can just buy the extra cover from amazon as well. Singapore doesn't sell snoogle (as far as my "research" tells me), only one online shop sells n they selling for $149! So yes amazon is definitely cheaper! :)

oic...really feel like buying and may i have the link URL?

No.. helper has own room to sleep. Just that the baby monitor is in her room, so when my gal wakes up.. my helper will go in to change her and then, feed her breakfast.

how big is ur gal now? She ok to sleep alone? My gal will cry if nobody at her side. Btw will u leave ur helper and ur gal alone?

Hello mummies, is it true tt it's better to wear non-wired bra during pregnancy? Mine all wired and wondering whether I should buy new ones.

lerainbow, why no honey?? i just took 2 glass of honey lemon yday!
I think some of the reasons include TCM principle finds honey cooling. From western perspective, raw honey is no no, because can have botulin toxin (same as the recent Dumex milk powder recall) if not put in properly sterilized jars. But there are a lot of sources on the net that say honey n manuka honey are ok. Personally I drink manuka, and it does wonders for constipation. Also better than some other flu medicines.. At least it's natural. :). I think personal choice ba

I think some of the reasons include TCM principle finds honey cooling. From western perspective, raw honey is no no, because can have botulin toxin (same as the recent Dumex milk powder recall) if not put in properly sterilized jars. But there are a lot of sources on the net that say honey n manuka honey are ok. Personally I drink manuka, and it does wonders for constipation. Also better than some other flu medicines.. At least it's natural. :). I think personal choice ba

Oic,.. i tot honey is considered as natural sweeteners so it's ok. I drank honey also bcos i don know what more to drink o_O..
luckily i took only a small portion... nvr really take much.

GBOB, yes.. better than yesterday.. thanks... however I had side effect from the medication. Dun know why..become hyper.. today dun dare to take the medicine liao.

pyng, we actually want to upgrade to king size when we shift house.. but stupid design.. our MSBR cannot accomodate king size bed :(

lovelittletan, it depends on yourself.. sometimes unwired might cause blocked ducts. I had that problem last round.

Hello mummies, is it true tt it's better to wear non-wired bra during pregnancy? Mine all wired and wondering whether I should buy new ones.
As long as it doesnt hurt you? Now i usually wear non wire ones at home and to sleep, more comfy. when going out, I still wear those with wire...

During pregnancy is okay ba. Juz uncomfortable as our breast is growing n swollen. But if u are comfortable wif wired, y not.

During bf is a no-no. Like what Shirlynn say will cause blocked ducts.

now still can but i scare will hinder the growth as now our breast will be enlarged due to milk in progress. After pregnancy is a No No...

GBOB, yes.. better than yesterday.. thanks... however I had side effect from the medication. Dun know why..become hyper.. today dun dare to take the medicine liao.

pyng, we actually want to upgrade to king size when we shift house.. but stupid design.. our MSBR cannot accomodate king size bed :(

lovelittletan, it depends on yourself.. sometimes unwired might cause blocked ducts. I had that problem last round.

I understand coz parkcentral stupid design lor...urs 5 room or 4 room? I thought 5 room bigger?

Wow..think all really $3000 and above. Its very expensive.
Ya Aristelle , the rates for CNY the period all very high. If you would like to engage a CL, think it's better to do it sooner, worried hard to get one last minute too cos I realized alot of nannies not willing to do for CNY period.

ya haha oops i din tell u hor...hee i stay at C blk lol...

Hahaha.. OK.. I in Blk B.... Park Central is a very fertile place.. everyday I see preggies and newborn.. I was thinking why I never meet anyone from Park Central in forum..hehehe

Hi ladies, today went for the genetic doc review for my amnio results. The overall chromosomes are in balance. However there is one chromosome that is in a different location. Doc says as long as there is no extra or less chromosome, no loss of any genetic material, baby would most probably be normal. She suggested us parents to take a blood test to see if anyone of us have a similar chromosome arrangement in our chromosomes and to test the remaining amniotic fluid of the bb to exclude 2 possible syndrome, either angelman syndrome or prader-willi syndrome. The possibility of having either one syndrome is 0.64%. We decided to do the tests as suggested. The results will be out in 2 weeks time. Really keep our fingers crossed and pray hard for good results.
Hi Nidellia, I'm sure everything will turn out fine. Stay positive and await the good results. =)

anybody knows if TMC the 24 hours clinic can do anything if I have an emergency or something? I'm suddenly bleeding. all of a sudden.

Oreo, hope u are ok.. I think TMC doesn't have OnG on call.. If yr gyne from tmc, the dr there will probably call yr gyne down to scan. But they may be able to give you a jab first to stabilize. Maybe try to contact ur gyne n see if he can see u at tmc 24h clinic?

The bleeding seems to have stopped. I haven't seen the doc yet...
the Jab is for? gyne did say that my placenta is low.
Walking everyday will affect or can cause all these bleeding?

The jab is usually progesterone to stabilize the womb and stop any cramping. But need scan also to see why bleeding..low placenta can cause bleeding also.. Are u going to A n E tonight? If not at least stay in bed then see yr gyne first thing tmw..

Understand. We also very tight. Can't spend on alot of things. N can't afford to place my gal in childcare.

It's not easy to have a single income in SPORE. Unlike oth country. Some don't even need to worry about medical bills. For instance I can't work because of my pregnancy, check up n scan will b free. N insurance even give u some allowance. If I'm in such country I don't mind poping more lol

I totally agree with you. One income is tough, worst if no income. I left my job after #2 and now got #3. Hubby just lost his job so we have no income. Tough for last year and also cant place #2 in a playschool and he is 3 already. Missing out on playmates, bored at home but no choice, we just have to keep him occupied and entertained and educate him at home ourselves. Hubby asked me if I would like to give birth in the UK as everything will be free....if the situation for us doesn't get any better, I may just have to do that! But it'll be COLD WINTER in UK in Feb! Freezing....that won't be nice isn't it! :-( Although free medical sounds good!

Joy, I think i will go tomorrow as the bleeding has stopped. thank you all for your concern. Will update after tomorrow...:(

The bleeding seems to have stopped. I haven't seen the doc yet...
the Jab is for? gyne did say that my placenta is low.
Walking everyday will affect or can cause all these bleeding?

Hi I used to have low placenta too, have to be more careful. I didn't get any bleeding back then but doc did advise on being very careful during intercourse and certainly try not to do so during 1st T or until doc give clearance, if there's bleeding. Try not to carry heavy things, or over stretch yourself by standing too long.

Hi I used to have low placenta too, have to be more careful. I didn't get any bleeding back then but doc did advise on being very careful during intercourse and certainly try not to do so during 1st T or until doc give clearance, if there's bleeding. Try not to carry heavy things, or over stretch yourself by standing too long.

When doc say becareful during intercourse meaning? totally no or not too rough?
normal walking everyday should be okay?

nvm la. tmrw going see doc already. hope they can slot me in...

I totally agree with you. One income is tough, worst if no income. I left my job after #2 and now got #3. Hubby just lost his job so we have no income. Tough for last year and also cant place #2 in a playschool and he is 3 already. Missing out on playmates, bored at home but no choice, we just have to keep him occupied and entertained and educate him at home ourselves. Hubby asked me if I would like to give birth in the UK as everything will be free....if the situation for us doesn't get any better, I may just have to do that! But it'll be COLD WINTER in UK in Feb! Freezing....that won't be nice isn't it! :-( Although free medical sounds good!

Wow it's so stress wen there's no income n u having your #3. I will bring my gal to play wif her cousin so she won't b so lonely. But can really see she's lonely n need peer. So I've been trying so hard to give her a sibling.

You n husband so brave. Single income still dare to try for #3.

It's so gd that u have a choice to give birth in UK. If me no news consider confirm go lol. Mayb I ask y u able to choose?

Hope your husband find a gd job soon~

Last edited:

Wen I having low placenta is no intercourse :(

Huh even if they can't slot u in also muz. If not go see oth gynae?

I didnt know what to buy..so just bought the philips sterilizer set (which includes 1 breast pump), another philips steam+blender machine, and a CocoonaBaby bed.

Next should be buying beds and stroller.

Did u go to the fair?
Yes not sure wat to get saw the philips set too wonder if it is gd deal? & pigeon breast pump set

Oh, they should slot u in. If not, make some noise. Take care yah... Update us....

I agree...nowadays really hard to single income. Everything costs money. Go baby fair buy afew things already few hundred dollars. And wait baby grow up still need to go school, tuition etc...

Back