Playgroup- Sunflower/LittleTots/AppleTree/Talent Plus

i check it out oreadi, they dun have branch along my hse here, quite far... but anyway thank for reccomding this school, my friend son is at this school too, not bad.

hi all, this is another feedback from mummies regarding talent plus at 661D:

Joanne,
I also enrol my DS in Talentplus group at blk 661D. Yes, you are right. The main teacher can talk to me non stop for 1hr plus before she start her lesson. She even assured me to leave my DS to her on the 1st day. Which i did! Wrong mistake. After two weeks, she asked me to bring a extra pram for my DS to sleep...cos he cry for 2 hours and its that assistant who has to carry him. There is no comforting from the teacher at all. Then i decide to join in the class..to my dismay, she can con't to talk to me...let the children "free play" for 1 hour plus, start the lesson for less than 5mins!!! And i almost puke the way she conduct her lesson. A=Apple, B=Boy...till letter "E" stops! All these take less than a few mins..then free play again till time up.

I soooo regret to enrol DS in after spending close to 300 (need to pay advance fee for Dec) for only 2 weeks!!!

Hi Joanne (baby_glendon)

Can i ask how much is the fees at Talent Plus per month ? Thanks.

Also i presume all Talent Plus charging the same rate ?

Anyone attended the Talent Plus at 94 Dido Street?

not same rate at diff centre.... but i must clarify that not all talent plus branch is the same as what we say above... U got to look out n trust ur feeling loh, cos normally teacher dun like parent to stay in the class for 3day, n try giv execues that child wun learn if parent ard or what, bull shit.... they just dun wana let parent knw what is going on inside.

Hi mummies,has anyone tried sending your child to appletree at jurong spring cc? I'm thinking of sending my son there for next year intake. Any comments on the teacher? Thanks.

hi joanne (baby_glendon)
hehehe... i agree w u .. sometimes the teachers are just not comfortable to let parents know what goes on inside...

I attended one recently...i was told beforehand i could sit in for 30mins... altho i stayed in for 45mins hahaha...and i must say ... apart from the experience of social play (ie getting used to the presence of other kids around)...the kids learn nothing much lei... most of them play on their own.. and 1 assistant teacher is hardly enough to keep an eye on so many kids....while the main teacher sits on the table calling the students over 1-by-1 to do some craft work....and wat i saw was the teacher doing the craft work instead hahaha...i presume the teacher will let the kids bring home the craft work to show the parents what they did in school altho the teacher did it wholesale !

But for only $145-$155 per month...no complaints i guess...really a social thingy more than cognitive play...and ...i dunno which element of their curriculum is "montessori-inspired" as they claim lei... :p

But i decided not to enrol my kid there cos i feel the parents at this centre generally do not keep their unwell child at home...cos the day that i was there, i saw many coughing and runny nose kids, some sneezed out thick yellowish mucus while the others have phlegmy cough... i guess i m more worried abt my kid getting sick frequently than for him to adopt social skills at this tender age....hence no go for me :p

hi Joanne,

i plan to change my gal playgroup as well. have you found a gd playschool for your son?

actually plan to sign her in the talent plus but after reading all the negative feedback. I am begining to feel worry.

Hi bbloh,

may i know which playgroup your son used to attend to? it sounds good..
when was it?

tks in advance
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">eufrasiajq,
He used to attend the Little Learners playgroup from July 2008 to March 2009 until he started going to childcare centre.

Click here for the program.

Every parent has different expectation and so, it;ll be good to drop by any centre to talk to the teacher and have a look at the environment.</font>

hi bbloh,

tks for your reply
happy.gif

i like the playgroup overall... too bad it's a bit far from my place
sad.gif

will try to drop by thou...
happy.gif

thanks

I encountered the same problem at blk 5 pine close Talent Plus branch as well.. the teacher nvr follow timetable &amp; the helper juz sit there n watch. No interact btwn teacher &amp; kidz.. I almost went bonkers after 45 mins or so..
On paper the program looked gd but in practice.. signz...

Any review on Mind Research Centre Learning Centre?(MRC) Khatib

I might enrol my son to the 3 hour daily class, but couldnt find any review. I personally went to the centre and find it pretty good. But i want to read more review first..

Hi cutiest,
I also went to enrichment to look too. So far the place is clean. But the only thing I concern is the teachers seem to b very young.And they don't have any students work display onto the wall.

I still looking between appletree at blk 667 and enrichment at the stadium. Appletree at the 667 has quite alot of children works on display. And it's not that spacious.

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome

Dear mummies, any recommendation for little leathers at compassvale branch? I would like to put my gal at playgroup

anyone have feedback on the talent plus at pending?

the manager seems great.. but yet to have time to go down and take a look as just started a new job. anyone can give some feedback?

hi anymore needing to buy spare shirt and pants for Talent plus play group.

we Had to withdraw my son out from the playgroup after he fell sick within 2 weeks, from the start.

Wore the attire only a few times, stil quite new. Small size - two sets .

Hi Lee,
may i know which talentplus is your son in? anyone has got comments on the talentplus in Jurong West Street 64 branch?

hi mummies
can anyone tell me which is better? talent plus or appletree? i plan to send my boy to playgroup during apr...

Hi mummies,

Anyone with kids at these playgrps in woodlands? Can share reviews...

Appletree at Blk 504
Star tots (Edufarm) at Blk 589
Talent Plus at Blk 547
PCF little steps at Blk 581

Many thanks!!!

hi mummy can i have any feedback for talentplusplayground at blk 214 jurong east
st 21 how the school??

Hi all,
i'm considering enrolling my child for either Star Tots, Apple Tree or Talent Plus. Started doing some research and would appreciate any feedback... Wondering what are the main difference between these programs, can anyone pls share?

Hi All,

I am staying in Tampines Str 45, any good playgroups you have come across around this area? Pls let me know. I am planning to put my 1.10 months son... Help from any one is really appreciated. Thanks.

Startots is good. my son attended it for a year when he was 2yrs old. as far as I know, its the only playgroup that provides the parent flashcards materials. I was impressed that 2yr olds are taught english words via flashcards. My son can recognise words after a yr n read children's book by himself at 3yrs plus. workbooks are also provided.

Now he attends littlewings becoz the startots teacher told me the syllabus n workbooks are the same every yr. so I switched him to littlewings. but I find that in terms of materials n syllabus, startots is still better. littlewings dun even teach them flashcards n there are no workbooks for pre-nursery kids. they mostly learn thru' singing n play.

hi all, i am new in this forum. I just registered my son for startots at lengkok bahru, they are asking for deposit and all that...i have no opp to do a visitation to the centre as they will not start until they have enough kids. hopefully startots is good!

Hi mummies,
Merry Christmas to all!

I stay near Sin Ming and I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. Their signboard quite prominent. I think their webpage is www.givingre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.

Hi Mummies, I stay near Thomson Plaza. I checked out this new enrichment centre called "Giving Tre3" just beside Thomson Plaza recently. It's quite a cosy and homely learning place.

They have quite an interesting reading programme from Australia. My 3-yr-old kid went for their trial and enjoyed the lesson, cos he got to learn to read the words through online games and activities. I've brought him around many places but he didn't quite like the "worksheets-and-reading" approach in those schools. So, in the end, I've signed him up for the reading class at "Giving Tre3" in Jan 2013.

At the same time, I've enrolled my 2-year-old girl in their preschool playdate. It's 3-hour session, from Mon to Fri. She likes the wide selection of toys in the play room. Not forgetting the outdoor sand play and water play!

Just sharing, in case you ladies are also looking for some presch programmes.

You may want to check out the centre on their FB:
https://www.facebook.com/GivingTre3

i just step out from day 1 of the talent plus. i am dissapointed perhaps due to high expectations.
the payment of 165 per month seems to be not justified.
the facilities i find lacking, they do not even have a proper playmat at the center. one parklon playmat is only about 100sgd adn less but what they have used is a lousy plastic on the floor.

other than this i would like to ask mummy around, does other playgroup say this, parents would be call in, as to clean up the poo poo of the child if the child pass motion during the two hours there.
they explain that they are not childcare, hence they would ask the parents to do so
this keep me wandering, first, would the so called 10-16 child poo every day at the center in the short duration of 2 hours. i would say chances are one or two child per day under normal circumstances. what is so difficult in that? i could not imagine, they have to call the parents and wait for the parents to arrive say 15 mins later and suffer the stink and the uncomfortableness of the child.

i really could not understand this simple act could not be done by the staff.
any parents are experiencing this? what is the opinion here?
then i would say this is a miserable act on the child.
can u imagine that u have to be on stanby near the school incase there are some unpredictable poo poo of ur child?

Hi Joong,
that must have been a bad experience for you. That shouldn't be the case. Playgroups, preschools are all there to provide a service to us parents. How can they expect you to wait around to clean up your kid in case he poos?! Most of the parents use the time to run errands ma. Even if they are not childcare they should not do that! Is your child still in the school?

Hi, think most talent plus centre are the same.
I find it ridiculous to be on standby in case my boy need to be clean if he poos. This is the reason why I did not register him in talent plus even it is nearest to my place.

I enrolled my gal during her 18monhts at Talentplus blk 623 Woodlands in July last year . However, I have withdrawed her after 3rd class as the teacher told me the same thing which parents have to be standby come to the class for cleaning the poo poo! This is my first child and I do not have experienced for how the operation for child care centre. I asked around for my friends and coll's opinion and they told me this is unacceptable! I was wonder what happen if the parent does not answering the phone call, will they just left the child suffering there?!

From the discussion here, it seems that TalentPlus is not so parent-friendly. I must be lucky to have enrolled my 2-year-old girl in the preschool programme at Giving Tre3. I chose this new preschool &amp; enrichment centre cos I stay near Thomson Plaza. Now, I feel I made the right choice. My child likes the teacher and she feels comfortable in the homely environment. I thought she will feel anxious and will cry non-start on her first day. On the contrary, she enjoyed the place so much that she didn't want to leave. She was very happy and eager to go to school on the subsequent days. I think this is the type of preschool that will give parents ease of mind.

Hi Mummies, im still thinking to enroll mine to TalentPlus or StarTots, but hearing that TalentPlus need parents to standby to clean up?! i think this is ridiculous. Really have to consider again.

Hi mummies, anyone has feedback on talentplus@ pine close?
Reading thru the feedbacks of talentplus, I really dont think I'll have much expectations.. I'll drop by the clsss tmr to tk a look before the term breaks.

I'll b enrolling mu daughter in GUG @ mountbatten next jan, as GUG rejected her as parent or caregiver must b present w them in class daily till 30months. I am ftwm so its out of option nw. Thinking of putting her in talentplus for interim period.. my concern is whether the hygiene level is ok for talentplus?

hi leeta, maybe you can try kidscampus at Boon Keng? They have playgroup for 2 hours or you can try the childcare there. I used to be a teacher in Creative Stars Kidscampus
happy.gif

Back