2WW - for those TTC-ing

Jane,

i like to drink black chicken soup.. but the preparation of black chicken scare me.. haha.. I only tried to boil once myself.. the cleaning of the black chicken took me almost 45mins to 1 hour.. that was when I still preggy with #1.. more than 6yrs since I drank.. haha..

infact, i like soup.. but those clear ones.. lately, i will buy those prepacked from NTUC or Fu Hua Medical and chicken thighs and make the soup.. I chose chicken thighs instead of whole chicken coz the cleaning is much easier... I have to cut off as much fats as I can lah.. don't want the soup to be too oily .. keke

Since we r on this topic... Does anyone buy toys to have more fun? Hb is super keen but to me I always prefer the real thing la. Hahaha

Yeh agree when younger gstring n thongs are comfy now grannypanta super comfy! Hahaha

blessedone,

previously before preggy, we did consider but hor, i told hubby that if the toy suddenly haywire, then I jialat liao! haha

Cheong Lim: I was told to eat free range chicken. Im so scared of cleaning too. I think its a good choice to get thigh which is easier.

actually many many years ago.. there were ample supply of RA CD/DVD now hardly see all these now hahaha

Haywire in what sense ? Give u too much satisfaction then don't want hb ah lolol!

My hb super keen but I keep saying no hahaha maybe in few yrs time ... If bring back from us and go thru customs will they confiscate it ?

Paisei paisei. Went out prawning n fishing just now thus retarded response!

G string for me is history too! Last time Young n slim only wear g string or thong. Now jin pwee if wear g string the string always get "stuck" in the butt line... So gao Wei... N fat fat wear g string... Erm no where near sexy lor... I c myself wanna puke Liao how to let DH c... Now only wear comfy cotton panties... Zzzz

Ya man.... Old bird indeed... Lolx... Me not any younger la... 38 Liao... With same man for almost 12years so need to "spice" things up abit...my ah lao v old leh... Like Lao ah pek....lolx... Toys.... Mmmm.... We got buy n use... (Blush)... But Heng ah.... So far no haywire! Lolx.... I wonder if really haywire hor, insurance can claim bo ah? WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA

Cheong, if u buy black chicken from market u can ask the auntie or uncle help u de-skin, clean n chop... N gals, try to eat kampong chicken instead of normal chicken... Kampong chicken free of hormones jabs... Healthier

blessedone,

no lah.. i more worry that the gadget short circuit when inside me! haha..

thought locally got shops selling liao?? not sure if customs allow..

GBOB,

ya comments always make me laugh! hahaha...

ntuc ones already packed leh.. but I realised they have de-skined black chicken but only in the morning and very limited.. still, I think still got fats that need to be clean off bah..

hmm... actually i like the soup but don't really like to eat black chicken.. haha.. orh lu lu, not very appetizing loh..

cheong lim: sorly sorly.. free range si kampong haha

i dont like toys too.. also scared kena electrocuted..today was watching tv in the pm. saw lee ming soon host a travel show. and he visited the orang asli and ask the guy who have 10 children what was the secret hahaha.. guess what.. the man took tongkat ali two times a day.. where to get tongkat ali in singapore ah .. must be very good la can have 10 children hahahaha..

Jane,

10 children?!?! wah... but hor, to raise 3-4 children in singapore already very challenging liao... infact, I feel that with 2 children, the expenses already quite high.. unless the parent are high earners

Cheong Lim: I agree totally. Thats why im working. If Im a SAHM sure have to stay in those one room flat liao. I guess have to cut down on certain expenes when planning for #3. Have to say goodbye to my girlies holidays and no more eating at fancy restaurant and drinks. Things are really expensive these days.

Cheong, I quite like to eat the black chicken leh... Cos boil long long le soft n tender... Woon some see yew v nice leh. Heee

Toys short circuit also wnt anything la... Usually it's battery operated ma... Not v strong electric current...

Mustafa got sell tongkat Ali!!! Lolx... Wah I guess mustafa will run out of stock v fast after this post!

hehehe wah the topic getting more wild....lol.....sorry fell asleep trying to put #2 to sleep.....just woke up! wah sleep until lao nua...haha

lots of toys shop nowadays everywhere leh, no need to import although in Australia much cheaper! Orchard Lucky Plaza also have!.....hehe.... mine all dusty already, lol. Sitting a black box with the name of my gf written on the box (in case anyone find I can say not mine mah)....lol.....some given by friends as silly gifts.....but yeah, does spice up sex life eh....kehehehe....

What's Tongkat Ali leh? hey my DH calls the toys BOB (Battery Operated Boyfriend)....lol, his secret code word. haha....

I like black chicken soup, yummy. I think nowadays foodcourts also sell them. Those specially selling tonic soup.

Hi Cheong Lim,

You may like to try this ovulation calculator because it shows you the ovulation date according to your cycle.

I'm also not good at counting dpo and such, so far I find this site the best as a guide. Somemore can tell you when bd for boy and when bd for girl! Haha.
happy.gif

http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-calendar.html

CL,

thanks!! the link so interesting.. haha.. still got advise for sex of bb...

<u>Based on 28 days cycle:</u>

Thursday 28th February 2013 - First day of your cycle

Saturday 9th March 2013 - Best chance of conceiving a girl

Sunday 10th March 2013 - A little bit fertile, best chance of conceiving a girl

Monday 11th March 2013 - Fertile, best chance of conceiving a boy

Tuesday 12th March 2013 - VERY fertile, best chance of conceiving a boy

Wednesday 13th March 2013 - Time to ovulate

Saturday 23rd March 2013 - A home pregnancy test may work now.

Wednesday 27th March 2013 - End of cycle

Saturday 30th March 2013 - No period? Maybe you're pregnant!

Thursday 5th December 2013 - If you are, this is your approximate due date

<u>Based on 30 days cycle :</u>

Thursday 28th February 2013 - First day of your cycle

Monday 11th March 2013 - Best chance of conceiving a girl

Tuesday 12th March 2013 - A little bit fertile, best chance of conceiving a girl

Wednesday 13th March 2013 - Fertile, best chance of conceiving a boy

Thursday 14th March 2013 - VERY fertile, best chance of conceiving a boy

Friday 15th March 2013 - Time to ovulate

Monday 25th March 2013 - A home pregnancy test may work now.

Friday 29th March 2013 - End of cycle

Monday 1st April 2013 - No period? Maybe you're pregnant!

Thursday 5th December 2013 - If you are, this is your approximate due date

Cheong Lim: Yah. Very hassle free right? Hahaha...
Tell you when to do what. No headaches, no stress. :p
Glad you find it helpful!

Wishing for a BFP for all of us ladies here! :D

Oh btw, which tcm did you go to? Did they recommend you when to bd and such? Does your DH need to take med too?
Curious...

CL,

yes yes.. i told my DH and he said, 'today can test liao leh'... but I feel gan jiong lah.. when i think of testing, my hands will tremble and turn cold.. haha.. very kua zhang hor..

the tcm is from everspring..can't remember the address offhand.. but i took a bus from novena mrt.. my relative recommended me.. so try loh..

my DH didn't have to take any med.. but she gave me 2 packs to boil soup.. so once my menses clear, i have to boil 1 pack.. DH will also drink.. then a week later, I boil another pack.. he got acupuncture on the day I went to see her ... i have to take powder med daily since menses clear..

no leh..she didn't recommended when to bd.. she only said if i preggy, i have to see her again.. think is to stabilize my pregnancy loh..

hmmm dont think can get shock inside la... most of them are battery operated right ...

we did see briefly when we went to US in 2011 but that trip was with our girl n my in laws ! so cldnt really see openly ! hahahaha! just thinking it might be cheaper to buy from US since we might be going in 2014 nov/dec.... see how ba ... but not handcuffs la... cant imagine if my gal finds it then plays with it... !! hahaha! probably vibrators ... dildos do look tempting but real thing is best for me =P but i think will be good to get something to 'torture' hubby... muahahaha!

tongkat ali must becareful ... dont know if its safe to consume or not ... some time ago have ah pek heart attack n die right ... or kena stroke also have ... i think if really want hb to be powerful can ask TCM? heheheehehehehhehe

cheong lim, due for testing ? ooo so exciting ! hope u get a BFP!

cant stand the opks i have at the moment... stupid brand ! doesnt even seem to have a brand name on the packaging... it just says Ovulation(LH) test strips ... sensitivity is 10IU/ml , is this considered very sensitive or its not ha... cham maybe its lao ya one... darn it ...

i remember that time i bought the smiley face opks in US was super duper cheap ... ! cost me like 17USD for a box of 7! and it was the last box left .. boo hoo.. if not il definitely buy more n use !

blessedone.....yeah prefer vibrators too compared to Dildos!! some so HUGE also ridiculous eh....wait play too much loosen our hole....hahaha..... Wah if you really get something your DH sure go mad! lol.....Worst still....torture him, can just watch...lol. hahahaha.....

Hey ladies, sorry for being MIA today cuz went to watch Le Noir @MBS... very nice acrobatic show with pretty girls n handsome men! Lol... the lingerie they wore during the performance really nice!! But my hubby not a visual creature in my opinion... the lingerie always end up on the floor less than 5min (tmi)! Haha...

By the way I'm going to EYS to get the deer tail tonic.. any thing I should take note of? Or should I just go n ask the sales person for further instructions??

miraclebaby, lol ! no torture him is let him have feeling of going to ... u knw then after that stop ... wahahahaha!

keira, maybe you can try to torture hb too... like tie him up and dance for him ... though i wont do it becos im so bui. lol... think il look more like a hippo blobbing about ... wait til i lose my fats then il do it .. hahaha

Blessed done - I got the same opk strips.. Never once got line at all log. Pek chek!! herd mustafa got sell, must go see see.. Today cd11 ..

Weekends usually busy with gal so read but diff to reply. Whoa.. Today topic so hot !

Panty - previously during preg n after, I wore those super huge cotton panties for sleep till hub said super turn off.. Haha.. Threw away Liao.

Not sure is it me or wat, realized after taking CW, my bowel more smooth.

Morning ladies, anyone have experience with GNC Women's Prenatal Formula? Is the tablet as smelly as conceive well? is it gd enuf on its own or do I need to get some other fish oil supplements to complement it? Advices pls!!!!!

Keira you need to see the contents and what is sufficient for each item.

For e.g.

What to Look for in Prenatal Vitamins

Look for a prenatal vitamin that includes:

400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid.
400 IU of vitamin D.
200 to 300 milligrams (mg) of calcium.
70 mg of vitamin C.
3 mg of thiamine.
2 mg of riboflavin.
20 mg of niacin.
6 mcg of vitamin B12.
10 mg of vitamin E.
15 mg of zinc.
17 mg of iron.
In some cases, your doctor will give you a prescription for a certain type of prenatal vitamin.

Also check out some prenatal vitamins comparison on this site:

http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/parented/pregnancy/prenatal_vitamins.pdf

Regarding VItamin A and how much is needed and what is too much!

Why you need vitamin A during pregnancy
Vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin stored in the liver, is important for your baby's embryonic growth – including the development of the heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes, and bones, and the circulatory, respiratory, and central nervous systems. It also helps with infection resistance and fat metabolism.
Vitamin A is particularly essential for women who are about to give birth, because it helps with postpartum tissue repair. It also helps maintain normal vision and fight infections.
Understanding vitamin A
The term vitamin A covers two types of the nutrient: preformed vitamin A, also called retinol or retinoids, and provitamin A carotenoids. Preformed vitamin A (which is used directly by the body) is found in animal products like eggs, milk, and liver. Provitamin A carotenoids (which the body converts into vitamin A) are found in fruits and vegetables.
More than 500 carotenoids found in nature, but only a few can be converted to vitamin A. The most common of these is beta-carotene.
The standard of measurement for vitamin A is RAE (retinol activity equivalents), which is based on the potency and source of vitamin A. One microgram (mcg) of retinol (preformed vitamin A) is equal to 1 mcg RAE, but it takes 12 mcg of beta-carotene or 24 mcg of alpha-carotene to equal 1 mcg RAE.
An older standard of measurement that is still used (especially on Supplement Facts labels) is the International Unit, or IU. One mcg RAE is equal to 3.3 IU.
How much vitamin A you need
Pregnant women, 19 and older: about 770 micrograms RAE of vitamin A (approximately 2,565 IU) per day
Pregnant, 18 and younger: 750 mg (2,500 IU)
Breastfeeding women, 19 and older: 1,300 mcg RAE (4,330 IU)
Breastfeeding, 18 and younger: 1,200 mcg RAE (4,000 IU)
You don't have to get the recommended amount of vitamin A every day. Instead, aim for that amount as an average over the course of a few days or a week.
Can you get too much vitamin A?
The average American diet provides plenty of vitamin A. It's available in meat, dairy, fish, eggs, and fortified cereals in the form of preformed vitamin A, or retinol. It's also in most fruits and vegetables, mostly in the form of carotenoids.
It's important during pregnancy not to get too much of the preformed vitamin A, which in high doses can cause birth defects and liver toxicity. (You can take in as many carotenoids as you want, however, from fruits and vegetables.)
The government considers 3,000 mcg RAE (10,000 IU) to be the maximum amount of preformed vitamin A that you should get from supplements, animal sources, and fortified foods – combined – each day. The upper limit for women younger than age 19 is 2,900 mcg RAE (9,240 IU).
This is one important reason why it's not a good idea to double up on your prenatal vitamins or take any supplements that your practitioner doesn't recommend. Most prenatal vitamins contain at least part of their vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, but some over-the-counter brands, other kinds of multivitamins, and some fortified foods contain significant amounts of preformed vitamin A, so check the labels or show them to your practitioner before taking them.
One more thing: The risk of birth defects from getting too much vitamin A is the reason that pregnant women and those trying to conceive should stay away from the prescription acne drug isotretinoin (also known by the brand name Accutane, among others) and other drugs related to retinol (a compound of vitamin A), including topical tretinoin (Retin-A), which is used for skin conditions.

Different brands have different contents. Read the usage of each type of content and see what they do for yourself and your baby and then decide what you feel is best for yourself. I prefer the ones with Vit A but not all prenatal vitamin brands have them.

Wow! Thanks for the info miraclebaby! Judging from the table Rainbow Light consist alot of vits n minerals despite some are lesser than the required amount. If I were to take that, I would need to get another supplement to back up the missing omega &amp; DHA component right?

Keira,
The multivits and folic acid is from BlackMore's, while the Royal Jelly and Fish oil from other brands. So far no smell leh.

Basically i compared the Conceive Well nutritional value and mix and match what i need more.

Here's the benefits of Royal Jelly and Fish Oil and exactly why I'm taking them separately at higher dosage than those in multivits:

Fish Oil http://www.chatelaine.com/health/wellness/the-benefits-of-fish-oil-seven-surprising-ways-it-improves-your-health/

Royal Jelly http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-royal-jelly.html

Today is 9dpo for me.
Since yesterday noon, I broke out in hives starting from my thighs and buttocks. Crazily itchy like mad. then by night time, it was full blown and my back an neck was breaking into hives. Itch cream did help for a short while, and I could not sleep till like 4am in the morning. When I woke up today, the hives have reduced to only the thighs and it gets itchier by the hour. Only have to "ren" and just put anti-itch cream, and as long as I don't start scratching I'll be fine. And not only that, I start feeling a bit of sore throat and runny nose since wee hours of the morning.

The irony of it all, the last time I had this kind of hives was during my #1, starting about 10 weeks and disappeared miraculously at 22 weeks.

I tried to see if I ate anything different, used any different soap for my clothes or changed any product recently, but dun have leh.

I called the doctor up if I can take anti-histamine when TTC, he advised not to at the moment and only wants to gimme calamine lotion only. So i guess i gotta "ren" and remind myself not to start scratching...

And out of curiosity, I tested with OPKs, it was half as dark as the control line on a cheapo kit. Dunno what's happening this cycle leh...

I read upon chance that there's a supplement name Obimin? My fren used to take this during her pregnancy last time, not sure is it good??

Keira,
Yes I took Obimin after I was pregnant with #1 prescribed by my gynae. It's only Folic acid isn't it, not a multi-vits as far as I remember.

Jane,
Oh really ah.. Actually I never take the fish oil and royal jelly together, i'll take them on separate days...

Back