Sustainability Day at Valley Point
Sat Apr 20 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
In celebration of Earth Day on 22 April 2019, the Alexandra Neigbourhood Committee (ANC) is organising a Sustainability Day at Valley Point. Bring the kids to browse, learn, and enjoy:
• Games by WWF Singapore to increase awareness about how plastics harm the environment, they will also be selling some merchandise such as metal straw sets, games made with sustainable materials – all proceeds will go towards WWF Singapore’s initiatives
• Booths selling garbage enzymes set up by Dignity Kitchen (run by people with disabilities and the socially disadvantaged)
• Upcycling workshops for 50 participants (walk-ins are welcomed!) to learn how to make coin purses and key pouches held by Central Singapore Community Development Council (CDC)
• Exhibition about e-waste and why we should dispose of them properly
• Talks and workshops (held in a nearby unit also on level 1):
– Understanding Plastics by WWF Singapore (11.30am to 12pm)
– Garbage enzymes workshop (12.45 to 2.15pm) – participants will have to bring along their own reusable container with leftover fruit scraps/peels (we will inform them of the details by email nearer to date once they have registered).
First 100 to register will be entitled to a surprise sustainability gift (limited to one per attendee on the day). They can register via bit.ly/ancgogreen.