- This event has passed.
KKH Public Forum: “Your Pregnancy Journey − Getting It Right from the Start with the Power of Knowing”
Sat May 20 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Believing that parents with knowledge on the risks and tests available can have a smoother and more prepared pregnancy journey, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital’s Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine will be holding a public forum on pregnancy journeys. There will be six experts who will be speaking at the event, including Professor George Yeo Seow Heong, Chief of Obstetrics, Head and Emeritus consultant, Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, KKH.
Topics to be covered include:
- Down syndrome − risks at different age groups, steps to take for detection and avoidance, latest advances in Down syndrome testing, advising mothers-to-be on which test would be the most suitable for them
- Nutrition − debunking the myths and addressing the facts about your dietary needs during pregnancy
- Exercise − how to look after yourself during pregnancy, exercising safely for two
- Transitioning into parenthood − emotional readiness, marriage, relationships and budgeting for new parents-to-be
- Baby and child support schemes − finances, grants and subsidies for maternity care and starting a family
Venue: Bras Basah Room, Level 4, Raffles City Convention Centre
Fee: $10 per participant, $15 per couple (includes light tea refreshment)
Registration closes on 18 May 2017. Pre-registration is required. For more details, please call 6394 5038
(Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm).