DBS Marina Regatta 2019 – The Race Against Time
Fri May 31 @ 9:00 am - Sun Jun 2 @ 10:00 pm
The DBS Marina Regatta returns this year with a bang, featuring its signature dragon boat competition as well as an exciting lifestyle event catering to families, foodies, fitness enthusiasts, eco-warriors, and much more.
This year’s theme ‘Race Against Time’, aims to inspire everyone of all ages to be eco-conscious, eco-resilient and eco-ready to achieve a sustainable Singapore for future generations.
This year’s race sees the largest prize purse in Asia for a dragonboating competition, with more than 100 teams competing for a combined prize purse of S$115,000. This year’s race will also feature the most global line-up of dragon boat teams from eight countries across Asia Pacific and North America. It’s the first time that teams from North America, represented by Canada, will be participating alongside teams from Australia, Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan, Brunei and Singapore.
Bring the family down to enjoy an array of fun activities that will help inspire us all to embrace a more sustainable lifestyle!
Race the Maze
Take on the challenge to conquer as many challenges as possible in 12 minutes! Singapore’s largest eco-maze will feature 10 interactive eco-themed obstacles including:
• All Tangled Up – where you can experience what marine life in plastic-polluted waters go through when you get all tangled up in this string maze.
• Hang In There – Our landfills are filling up fast and we’re running out of space. Hang in there on the monkey bars as you traverse across the waste.
• Zap the Crook – Identify and eliminate non-sustainable items by zapping them off the board with Nerf guns!
The Plaza is the perfect picturesque spot to get away from the hustle and bustle. Here, treat yourself to a refreshing whisky highball at the Jim Beam Highball Pop-Up Bar, while enjoying a mix of acts by Buskers By The Bay. There will also be fun entertainment acts and delicious F&B stalls to complete the full experience.
The Grubhouse – supporting our next-gen hawkers
• Carrot Cubes – Carrot Cubes specialises in fresh, handmade local carrot cake bursting with premium quality ingredients. They’ve even modernised this humble dish with two unique flavours – Bacon Cubes and Hottie.
• Mr Lorbak – Enjoy sumptuous lu rou fan (pork belly braised in soy sauce on rice), lovingly made according to hawkerpreneur William’s grandmother’s recipe.
• Seafood Pirates – Next generation hawker Darren will be serving up delectable seafood sandwiches and marinara-inspired rice dishes.
The Grubhouse – sustainable food champions
• Wolf Burgers x Impossible Sliders – The latest craze to hit town, Impossible Burgers lists heme as the primary ingredient that gives their patty its meaty taste.
• Easy Eggs – A local pop-up concept stall established in March 2017 that creatively serves meals with quail eggs used in different ways. At the event, they will be serving their signature Mentaiko with Grilled Egg Ball.
• Churros Republic – Owner, Faizar Hussein loved desserts as a kid and aims to create the perfect Spanish Churros – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Busking By The Bay – supporting our local talent and music scene
• Busking By The Bay is a platform for up and coming local musicians to showcase their talent and seize life’s opportunities. Buskers will be performing along the Marina Bay across all three days.
Meet social enterprises and take part in workshops on upcycling and sustainable living
• Mycotech, a tech start up from Bandung, Indonesia, creates advanced bio-materials using mushroom mycelia. They will be demonstrating how mushroom roots could be used to create structure and buildings. Mycotech will also be conducting a hands-on workshop to create materials using mushrooms.
• Edible Garden City, an urban farming social enterprise will be showcasing how to create an edible garden at home. At the workshop, visitors will be able to learn about home composting using starter herbs and using compost from their own home garden.
• Ugly Good, an innovative organic waste recycling company, will be demonstrating how they reimagine food waste by transforming them into every day household products, such as detergent or soap.
• TreeDots provides a platform for suppliers to redistribute their unsold inventory for organisation to use them. The company is changing the perception on ugly food and unsold inventory by showcasing how, with the right platforms, suppliers and buyers can benefit from ‘unwanted’ perishables. Participants will be able to take part in a cooking demonstration using food from TreeDots.
• Garçons’ owner Enoch Teo’s love for cooking saved him from a troubled teenage past of gangs, drugs and vices. However, his journey to becoming a chef wasn’t easy – he was twice rejected by a culinary school and denied opportunities due to his past. So beyond being a dining establishment, Garçons is also a social enterprise that provides culinary training and employment to ex-offenders and at-risk youth.
Sailing at The Bay – immersive water sports experience
The public can also try their hands at dragon boating and have a go at other water sport activities at Sailing at The Bay. The event is free-of-charge and visitors can register on site. The activity is suitable for visitors aged 7 years and above. Activities include: Dragon boat experience, Kayaking, Paddle Boating, and Sailing on board DBS’s sailboats
DBS Marina Regatta 2019
Date: 31 May to 2 June 2019
Time: 3:00pm to 10:00pm – 31 May | 9:00am to 10:00pm – 1 and 2 June
Venue: The Promontory @ Marina Bay
Event website: https://www.dbs.com/marina-regatta/index.html