Your gynae - male or female?

tmy5

Do u look for male or female gynae during pregnancy? Do u feel comfortable if your gynae are male?But i heard that mostly male gynae will be more gentle n nice?

Share your experience here...

hi tee,

my gynae is male and he was refered to me by my GP cos her kids were delivered by him. he is nice but very brief during each visit cos he has many patients. at 1st i was not very happy about this but after some time i thought to myself that if there is nothing bad or important to discuss that means everything is ok. after all he has 25yrs of exp. i think its up to your preference whether you prefer male or female or recommendations from frens or family.
happy.gif

Hi Tee,

my gynea is male . He is also my sister in laws gynea . he is very experience, kind and patient gynea . Thumbs up for him . He is Douglas Ong at Mt E

hi

my gynae is female cos not comfortable with male gynae. she is very nice and professional during my both pregnancies, she was highly recommended by my fren and now i recommending to all my pals!

i had problems with 2nd pregnancy and she was so concerned, asking after me and finding info for me off the internet. couldn't have asked for a better gynae!

btw, she is dr tm chua at nuh.

Hi
my 1st gyne was a MALE. And he's fantastic! bt too bad he had left for aussie... otherwise wld hv wen bk to him for my 2nd BB...

Hi
My gynae is a male. He tells u straight in the face what to do and what not to do, when to refrain, etc...
happy.gif
He's very nice and matter-of-fact thruout the process.

It's really up to you. U can always try once. If you feel very uncomfy, change.

My gynae: Dr Tan Hang Yang (GMC)

Hi,

My gynae is female. In fact, I specifically looked for female one cos feel quite uneasy to have male gynae.

I had initially started with a male gynae recommended by friends, but change after few appointment :)

Mine's a lady..very nice, encouraging and understanding. I think having a female doc is more reassuring and emotionally you feel better. I also feels its easier to ask questions.

my gynae is a male, he's gentle & soft spoken type. in fact, i prefer male gynae cos i hrd female gynae can be more rough & some may hv those tinkings like if i can deliver w/out, y can't u???

My gynae is a female - Dr Sim L N. She is understanding, encouraging and professional. I felt really safe to be delivered by her.

Hi all
Yet to b a mum yet.
Had a MC, my gynae is a female. Will stick with her.
Initially planned to go to Dr Ho from MT. A. Prior to d appointment with Dr Ho, had MC. Was refer to my present gynae, & she is great.

I also heard that male gynaes are more gentle...

But I had a female gynae coz I wasn't comfortable with male gynae, and I was very happy with her!

Go with your comfort level, not all female gynaes are rough
happy.gif

Hi
yeah did heard some of my gal frenz who r mumnies liao, said dat male gynae more sensitive.
Guess as what Cushion said "go with your comfort level.."
At d end of day, most imp is d gynae able to give sound advise, support & execute their professional skills.

I have 3 female gynae. All of them are good. 2 of them went over to TMC that why I changed gynae. They are Yvonne Soong, Sim Lee Ngor and Yeap Min Li.

My gynae is female coz I'm more comfortable with a female but i guess all this is personal preference. There are female gynaes who are gentle and nice too.

My gynae is a male. Initially during my first pregnancy I went to a female gynae but she was too ungentle during the check up that I switch to my recent gynae. I find male gynae much gentle to female.

I had a female gynae but changed to a male one because he was much more gentler and sensitive. never regretted and will go to him for my next babies.

i hv exp rough female gynae, and those too busy to bother ....but my gynae at pacific healthcare Dr Choo wan ling is v nice and gentle. i dun wan male....so paiseh.

Mine is Dr Judy Wong, previously at KKH, now she has just started her own private clinic at TMC .. She's very gentle, patience and nice. I prefer female gyne, cos uncomfortable with male ones. Both my kids are delivered by her.

I intentionally chose a male one as I was influenced by a male colleague who said that from his wife's experience, he thinks a male gynae might be more calm. I think it really depends on the individual gynaes.

But for me, I have tried 3 different male gynaes before I settled on my current one and I didn't feel uncomfortable with any of them.

Mine is male gynae, recommend by my sister. I am glad I chose him, cos i m skeptical abt female gynae, find that they are not so tactful & like principal* in my high sch. (*My personal opinion)

Mine is male gynae, recommend by my sister. I am glad I chose him, cos i m skeptical abt female gynae, find that they are not so tactful & like principal* in my high sch. (*My personal opinion)

Hi Tiffany, my sis's gynae is the one whom actually advised her to take epidural. Checking for dilation part, heard nothing negative from her... i will experience it in a month time, probably will kp u update then!
happy.gif

Tiffany

No, that's not true. My obstetrician (male) asked me if I wanted to opt for epidural during discussion of the birth plan. When I said I wanted to try w/o, he was encouraging, but still told me that I can still opt for it later should the pain be intolerable. As for chking dilation, he was gentle lah...about same as doing a normal vaginal exam. Anyway, when you're in labor, sometimes it will be the mid wife/nurses doing all these too. The ob can't be there all the time when you're going through labor.

I prefer female. I feel more comfortable getting a female to check me. Also, female doctors been thru pregnancy before, so they will understand how we feel.

i prefer male too!
They are very careful and gentle. DOesnt give unnecessary comments.
I've been to female gynaes. Maybe i was unlucky, they tend to be more rough while doing papsmear and other checks. Maybe they know what's the pain like which its bearable.

Please choose a good gynae cos' he or she will make a GREAT difference in your recovery.

I chose a female gynae for my first child cos' I was not too comfortable with a male. Recovery was long and painful. For the first wk after delivery, I was lying on my bed most of the time. Couldn't even sit long enough for my meals without feeling pain. Took so much painkiller. It was my nightmare.

For my second child, I chose Dr H K Ho, Mt Alvernia. He was highly rec. by my colleagues. Didn't know how good he was until I delivered my second one. I could walk around the ward on the same day, in fact only hours after the delivery. I didn't take any painkiller even on Day 1(though the nurses kept asking if I needed them).

Now, I finally understand why the new mother whom I was sharing a room with struggled to get out of the bed to the toilet while others could walk around like me.

i went to a male gynae (dr s f loh from kkh) for both my kids.
he's good & reassuring.
in fact, a number of my friends and colleagues went to him too.
i also found out that some of my hubby's cousins went to him too.

my sis who is not comfortable with male gynae is going to dr w k tan from tmc.
heard tt she's v experienced.
as she's always highly recommended thru word of mouth, do b patient abt the waiting time too.

Mine is also a male gynae. Dr Lien and he has a clinic in Mt E, but delivers in Mt E and Mt Alvernia.

I prefer male gynaes. Visited both female and male gynaes when I was searching for a gd one before but found that males more gentle and approachable. Maybe just those I saw heh.

However, I must add that I prefer female PDs for my baby girl
happy.gif

Ai @ http://sakuraharuka.blogspot.com

Mine is male gynae - Dr Aziz, and he does deliveries at Parkway East (eastshore) and also Raffles.

I prefer female paeditricians for my kids though
happy.gif

I don't think gender really matters. I've been to both male and female gynaes with my long-time one being male (Dr Chris Ng). My experience with him has always been pleasant and I've never felt uncomfortable with him. You just need to find a doctor you feel at ease with and especially one that is skilled and experienced to handle any specific gynae issue you may have.

Back