Yolk sac & fetal pole. When?

Cupcake Lover

Dear all~ I had 2 miscarriages before. One was BO and another one was tiny fetal pole which did not grow. Both ended up in D&C.

I'm currently pregnant again, last menses was 1 Sep, which makes me exactly 5w today. Went for vaginal ultrasound this morning, the sac size is averagely 6mm (has grown by 3mm compared to 3 days ago). But Nothing inside, not even the yolk sac. Is it normal not to see anything at 5w? My gynae doesn't seem to be concerned n asked me to see her again in 2 weeks' time.

Appreciate your sharing :)

Did you manage to see anything Two weeks later? I also had D&C at almost 9weeks in august.. now pregnant again at 5weeks.. waiting for 2more weeks to be able to see anything..

I also had 2 MCs like your situation, BO then another w fetal pole but no heartbeat. Think 5W is too early to tell, hoping the best for you for the present one. Take care.

I think 5 weeks is still too early to see anything, you should be able to see a tiny heartbeat from week 6 onwards.

Usually they only determine fetus's viability at week 8, so just be patient.

Hope everything goes well for you ;)

Hi i remember i did a scan at 5 weeks 2 days and only saw a sac with nothing inside (thru vaginal u/s). Then 6 days later on my next appointment, i went to the antenatal monitoring clinic at KKH with bigger n better u/s machine (abdominal scan this time), i saw my bb's heart beat already. So 5 weeks i think still early. Don't worry. I was very kanchiong also that time. Sometimes depend on the machine also i feel.

Back