Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

nvr lah....any idea why your Dr request for this test ? i am asked to do test on glucose level in blood in another 2 mths time (6mth +). Wondering is this test compulsory for all ?
Cos both hubby and me have alpha thalassemia... If don't do cvs then have to do amnio...

Hi ladies, anyone did CVS before? Can share the experience? I've been scheduled to do it end July.

I did amnio but not cvs. But if u ve an option to wait till amnio perhaps best to do amnio instead of cvs which has a higher risk of mc as it draws from the placenta instead of amnio sac..

In my case Dr TC Chang from TMC did my amnio.

Thank you so much for your sharing. It is very reassuring to know this. I am often worried if my baby is of weight, as my tummy is so tiny.

How many weeks are u? Don't worry about tummy size. I used to worry & sometimes I still do. But during scans my babies are of correct weight. So even if tummy small, so long as baby's weight is on par we shouldn't worry. Somemore humans got this idiotic mindset tht twins means tummy must be humongous if not there's Smthg wrong :cool:

I always feel like I'm defending myself when they ask me why my tummy small for being preggy with twins. Now I just sarcastically laugh it off & say "better mah! No need to work hard to lose a lot of weight after giving birth."
Tht shuts them up.

How many weeks are u? Don't worry about tummy size. I used to worry & sometimes I still do. But during scans my babies are of correct weight. So even if tummy small, so long as baby's weight is on par we shouldn't worry. Somemore humans got this idiotic mindset tht twins means tummy must be humongous if not there's Smthg wrong :cool:

I always feel like I'm defending myself when they ask me why my tummy small for being preggy with twins. Now I just sarcastically laugh it off & say "better mah! No need to work hard to lose a lot of weight after giving birth."
Tht shuts them up.
Yes ppl usually have all sorts of comments abt ur tummy. Just listen and ignore... Some ppl will say my tummy so small... Then some will say so big... So each to his own...

Tht shuts them up.

I am in my 15th week but I look skinnier than before when I was preggy. Thanks for sharing.

Hi, i m in my 30weeks now but for the last 2 weeks i didnt put on any weight at all. My appetite hasn't been as gd as 2nd trimester & mild morning sickness came back at 28 weeks. did anyone experience weight loss or stagnant weight in 3rd trimester? My appt with kk is this tue & baby is still active. I m just worried. Thanks.

Hi, i m in my 30weeks now but for the last 2 weeks i didnt put on any weight at all. My appetite hasn't been as gd as 2nd trimester & mild morning sickness came back at 28 weeks. did anyone experience weight loss or stagnant weight in 3rd trimester? My appt with kk is this tue & baby is still active. I m just worried. Thanks.
Hi JT298, I used to be like u when I'm 3rd trimester. Not much appetite, weight lost n mild morning sickness. (Many said I'm slimmer but bigger tummy. Haha...) Worst is baby is also a little on the small size. Not more than 2.8kg during my 36th week scan. (My boy decided to see the world on the 37th week. His weight is 3kg. More than I expected woh.)
To me, if u still feel baby movement, everything will be fine. Most importantly, u need to have more rest, have quality food n keep urself happy. Soon u will see ur healthy smiling baby. All the best to u!

My weight gain in third tri is also less. Don't worry, go for the scan. As long as doctor says ok, it is ok. I also had MS (milder than first tri) in the third tri again. It was on-off.

I also tried but cannot latch cos my nipples hurts like crazy! My girl is like biting on them lol while my boy cannot seemed to latch on as he was tube fed in nicu before so maybe confused..so i also express with pump and bottle feed them..just a tad many bottles to wash hehe. Hmm actually in first few days milk very little de..i started with a few drops of colostrum and then progressed to a few 5-10ml for next few days then gradually increased to double triple amt. The lactation nurse said must continue to massage and smooth out the lumps..the lumps are milk ducts with milk..i asked my hb press them as he has stronger grip and hands...then milk flows out later..must keep to 3hrs in between pumping to maintain or up the amount. But i try not to stress so i also standby fm and feed fm to my girl as i want to prioritize ebm to my boy.
@Lambi Yes, so many bottles n pump parts to wash n sterilize each time! I oso dun give myself pressure even if I can't produce much ebm. We just try our best :)

Hi..

Wanna ask is it normal to lose appetite after BFP..No matter how much I try to eat as per normal..I really cant seem to do it..Feel nausea n tongue very bland..Quite afraid that I am not eating enuff...

Hi..

Wanna ask is it normal to lose appetite after BFP..No matter how much I try to eat as per normal..I really cant seem to do it..Feel nausea n tongue very bland..Quite afraid that I am not eating enuff...
Hi it is a passing phase for most of us... After 1st tri should be better... In the meantime rest more and stay happy.

Ya totally understand. My girl also bit my nipples at the beginning... It could be wrong latch, cos later i tried pushing the nipple further in then ok. In the meantime, keep applying nipple cream and air...
hmm..I still feel pain..think my nipples too short..anyway I will be kind to my nipples and bottle feed them ;)

Did u learn from LC how to do syringe feeding and cup feeding? My girl started off with fm in bottles becoz I had complications after delivery. I trained her to latch using cup feeding. She only succeeded on how to latch properly at 2 weeks old. Keep latching, jiayou!
hmm no leh..they didn..but then I think i'll keep to bottle feed from now lah..my poor breasts too sore ..I even told my hb that i'm ready to strangle anyone who touches my tits now:D:D:D

hmm..I still feel pain..think my nipples too short..anyway I will be kind to my nipples and bottle feed them ;)
Totally understand. I am also bottle feeding now and I find it quite a good arrangement as babies tend to drink from bottle faster. If they latch they can take a much longer time to finish drinking. Since u have no CL, I guess this will enable u to manage night feedings more easily. How are u coping with two?

Hi..

Definitely. Everything tastes like metal to me, I had trouble even with drinking water. Most people gave me advice to eat biscuits as fillers in between but it got too dry and heaty for my body. My Dr asked me not to worry, saying that babies are "natural suckers", they will get all the nutrition from the mummy. Eating less is alright, as long as you are eating. I can no longer eat the 3 main meals but smaller meals.

Dear ladies, for those who are having singleton, how many of you are planning to have the 2nd one from the remaining embies already? I had a discussion with my DH and he seemed not incline to have the 2nd one, when he saw my morning sickness so perpetual and so tied down with the routines. I am actually feeling a little worried about not keeping my skills set updated, after being away from work for a year. But, my main fear is actually having to go through all the testings again... wondering how do the other mummies get their courage from?

hmm no leh..they didn..but then I think i'll keep to bottle feed from now lah..my poor breasts too sore ..I even told my hb that i'm ready to strangle anyone who touches my tits now:D:D:D

My sister couldn't bf and bottle-feed her twins very shortly after the babies got home. Her twins are growing up well and fine, don't have to worry. As long as babies are drinking, they will be fine.

Dear ladies, I am in my early 2nd trimester and still didn't share the news with friends, except for my mom and MIL. The first time I share, I went into high fever, the 2nd time I share, I had a slight fall. So pandang! Sigh... I am a little startled by my fall, legs went into cramp and heavy when climbing staircase. Lately, nose got extra stuffy and phelmy throat. Wish all these discomforts will go away.

Dear ladies, for those who are having singleton, how many of you are planning to have the 2nd one from the remaining embies already? I had a discussion with my DH and he seemed not incline to have the 2nd one, when he saw my morning sickness so perpetual and so tied down with the routines. I am actually feeling a little worried about not keeping my skills set updated, after being away from work for a year. But, my main fear is actually having to go through all the testings again... wondering how do the other mummies get their courage from?

Maybe can have a chat again after baby is walking (12-18mo) :) They are v joyful and easier to handle then.

And he and you wld hv "forgotten" abt the 1st tri Morning sickness, early breastfeeding issues, 3 hourly feeding, baby's poo-feed-change-poo-feed-change-repeat 1000x routine hehehe..

Perhaps one step at a time and enjoy this precious pregnancy :)

Maybe can have a chat again after baby is walking (12-18mo) :) They are v joyful and easier to handle then.

And he and you wld hv "forgotten" abt the 1st tri Morning sickness, early breastfeeding issues, 3 hourly feeding, baby's poo-feed-change-poo-feed-change-repeat 1000x routine hehehe..

Perhaps one step at a time and enjoy this precious pregnancy :)

Thank you for your sound advice

Feeling very worried now..Had bleeding just now..Got the jab n duphaston earlier from gynae and was advised for bed rest.

Cramps hv subsided but still here on n off. Bleeding still..

Feeling really lost..Dunno wat else to do..

Feeling very worried now..Had bleeding just now..Got the jab n duphaston earlier from gynae and was advised for bed rest.

Hang in there. The first 13 weeks are the most difficult to get through. The duphaston and PIO jab should help. Rest rest and rest.

Bed rest as much as you can. Did dr order HCG blood test for you?

Hang in there. The first 13 weeks are the most difficult to get through. The duphaston and PIO jab should help. Rest rest and rest.
Hi Ron..

Thanks dear..now on bed rest...hopefully i can pass tru 1st tri..praying hard all will be k...

Hi TwinnyStars

Didnt do hcg..I was in pain with cramps till forgot to ask whether need to do hcg.

He did abdominal scan n saw a sac..I just done my bt on last fri...

If you're worried, can do another HCG test to compare with Friday's results. If it rises well, you can put off your worries. Hope your bleeding has stopped.

If you're worried, can do another HCG test to compare with Friday's results. If it rises well, you can put off your worries. Hope your bleeding has stopped.
It seems hv stop..Left like streak after pee..Sorry tmi..I hope it will completely stop today..Praying hard..Thanks dear...

Haiz..not an easy ride after BFP..

It seems hv stop..Left like streak after pee..Sorry tmi..I hope it will completely stop today..Praying hard..Thanks dear...

Hi and welcome. Mind Sharing your HCG level? Do try to relax whenever you can. Best is to sleep through. Like you I had bleeding episode and rushed to hospital in the middle of night. Discovered bleeding when I went toilet. Stunned for a while then.

Given jab and asked to increase my dosage of the support medicine. Ever since then I have been putting panty liner diligently till my first trimester over. Just pray hard not to see any fresh red during that period.

Now I'm already in tri 2. You can do it!

Take care.

Dear ladies, I am in my early 2nd trimester and still didn't share the news with friends, except for my mom and MIL. The first time I share, I went into high fever, the 2nd time I share, I had a slight fall. So pandang! Sigh... I am a little startled by my fall, legs went into cramp and heavy when climbing staircase. Lately, nose got extra stuffy and phelmy throat. Wish all these discomforts will go away.

Take care gal and don think so much. So far I'm also very secretive on my pregnancy. Only closed family knew about it.

Still can't feel any baby movements which I'm really concerned. Just hope everything will be fine in the upcoming scan. :)

Rest rest rest... don't stress or think too much
I had one week of bleeding episode too... increased the dosage helped...
I'm at week 17 ;)

I had spotting & cramps for almost the whole of 1st tri.
I went for an extra HCG test just to ensure that its doubling.
Dr says often it's the inserts that we do that may irritate our V.

Although it seems very scary, just know that many of us experienced bleeding. I bled throughout first tri, one time it was even like a full period and my heart nearly stopped. It is probably quite hard for u to relax, but many of us have carried baby to term despite bleeding. Try to rest more and just take ur progesterone... Take care girl...

I am thinking to try again in 6-8months' time cos it was qt hard to have the first one so I think 2nd one will take another 1-2 years of trying (hopefully not too much $$ spent).
Btw I have no frozen embryos so I need to go thru all the injections and egg retrieval again...
What testing are u afraid of? Frozen cycle shd be quite minimal testing? Or r u more worried abt having the pregnancy discomforts and also having to cope with another child? Mb this question u can think abt it later... U may have a different perspective once ur baby is born..

Take care gal and don think so much. So far I'm also very secretive on my pregnancy. Only closed family knew about it.

Still can't feel any baby movements which I'm really concerned. Just hope everything will be fine in the upcoming scan. :)

Thank you Chubby for empathising. My Dr shared that not easy to feel baby movements as first time mommy didn't know what to feel for, and it is usually in around 22th week to feel anything. Stay positive because it is so natural for mommy to worry all the time.

I am thinking to try again in 6-8months' time cos it was qt hard to have the first one so I think 2nd one will take another 1-2 years of trying (hopefully not too much $$ spent).
Btw I have no frozen embryos so I need to go thru all the injections and egg retrieval again...
What testing are u afraid of? Frozen cycle shd be quite minimal testing? Or r u more worried abt having the pregnancy discomforts and also having to cope with another child? Mb this question u can think abt it later... U may have a different perspective once ur baby is born..

I am worried of having to go through the Harmony test again. With increased age, risks of all kinds increased. Every stage brings anxiety.

Back