Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

u stayed in what class ? do share on your bill when obtained :)
I stayed in premier room at tmc for 2 nites, but bb stayed for 3 nites due to jaundice. Total bill $9271 (mum) + $2211 (baby) - 3500 (medisave for mum) - 1350 (medisave for baby).

@ron8129 , @tired_rainbow , @forumbb , @hi_mei , thanks guys, and everyone else that has given me support! The scan went well and baby is developing well :). Am so much more relieved now. *phew*

I know its rather silly, but I've being holding off doing/ buying a lot of things cause I'm just so scared that something might happen (*touchwood) and I will be stuck with all these items which just reminds me of it.
(pretty scarred cause I had a bad experience at work, I took time off for ivf and on the date of return, basically the terms changed and the workplace was not very supportive towards my pregnancy. I was devastated and angry, but for the sake of my baby, I've decided to quit and focus on my baby)

anyway, I'm now in the process of hunting down CL and I didn't realise that everyone will already be booked up for Dec/Jan! Also, Im looking for 2 months and 1 of them which I've asked wanted to charge $1k (i.e. $3.8k) extra cause its CNY month in Feb (and this is with 4 days off for CNY). :( Am considering going to PEM now
Hi, great to hear everything is ok! Happy for u! Baby fair coming soon, time to go shopping! How far along are u now?

My friend tried PEM, said the CL was not bad.

Hi5! Lol yup now up at this hr pumping...will be up again in another 3hrs later to pump..lotsa work but worth the wait la:):) my wound still pain leh..how abt u? Yup really hope so..but i think might take some time cos his blood sugar low so on drip:( so xin tong heartpain to see him with tubes and such attached to his tiny body:(:(
Maybe u get binder to help support the wound? Heard it helps.
I hope ur prince can go home soon!! My cousin was in nicu for long time but now she is a perfectly healthy and happy pri sch kid. Very soon all this will be behind u!

Dear ladies, I am feeling worried over my night sickness. I am in early 2nd tri and my nauseous got worse. My appetite is poor and putting food into mouth, is like putting food into a straw, or against sandpaper. My optimism thins up, especially when I just came down with the worst flu that I had. I am feeling helpless. Does anyone have advice for me, how to reduce nauseous?

Dear ladies, I am feeling worried over my night sickness. I am in early 2nd tri and my nauseous got worse. My appetite is poor and putting food into mouth, is like putting food into a straw, or against sandpaper. My optimism thins up, especially when I just came down with the worst flu that I had. I am feeling helpless. Does anyone have advice for me, how to reduce nauseous?
U can get medication from your gynae to reduce it if nothing else works.

Same here, my life revolves ard pumping, feeding bb, changing diapers & bathing bb. Sigh. I haven't slept continuously for more than 3 hrs.
My wound is quite ok today *touch wood*. Earlier this week was still pain. Next Mon I am supposed to take off the bandage myself.. feel quite worried.
I can understand, must be sad to leave ur bb in hospital.. estimated when will he be able to go home?
Not that sure when can bring him home..doc said must gradually decrease his drip from now 3.8 to must be 0..last week was 4.something..

Maybe u get binder to help support the wound? Heard it helps.
I hope ur prince can go home soon!! My cousin was in nicu for long time but now she is a perfectly healthy and happy pri sch kid. Very soon all this will be behind u!
Yup:) got a binder already from hospital that day of op..yalor hope these will be over soon:):)

The nearer the due date the more.anxious. Now getting heavier, walking like a penguin and breathless. Nevertheless i enjoy this pregnancy, enjoy every kicking and every movement. It is a miracle alive inside our tummy :)
Wound pain and scar is really nothing and will be over one day...

Lambi and moo3moo, noted have to fast. So better c sect in the morning ya. Hehehe....

The nearer the due date the more.anxious. Now getting heavier, walking like a penguin and breathless. Nevertheless i enjoy this pregnancy, enjoy every kicking and every movement. It is a miracle alive inside our tummy :)

Lambi and moo3moo, noted have to fast. So better c sect in the morning ya. Hehehe....
I am excited for u also! U shd have abt 2-3 months before EDD? The moment of birth is really special. It's like some living thing was just taken out of u, it's a miracle haha.
The heaviness and breathlessness will disappear immediately after birth :)

hi mommies!

quick noob question.. isit neccessary to get dish washer detergent and clothes washing liquid that are solely made for infants?
or are the ones we are r normally using for the household ok? hehehe.. thank you!

hi mommies!

quick noob question.. isit neccessary to get dish washer detergent and clothes washing liquid that are solely made for infants?
or are the ones we are r normally using for the household ok? hehehe.. thank you!
there are range of products that meant for infant usage such as bottle/veg cleaning; washing liquid or powder. You can find them at Tom and Stephanie store. or perhaps kiddy palace?

Ya.. i saw alot! :confused:
but isit really needed? or we can just use normal household detergent for dish washing and washing clothes? like the ones we use for ourselves..

there are range of products that meant for infant usage such as bottle/veg cleaning; washing liquid or powder. You can find them at Tom and Stephanie store. or perhaps kiddy palace?

Ya.. i saw alot! :confused:
but isit really needed? or we can just use normal household detergent for dish washing and washing clothes? like the ones we use for ourselves..
my family has been practicing seperate washing with special product for infants since years back. i think it is less harmful as infants gets rashes and allegic easiler due to low immuse system? when he/she more growth up ( few mths later or 1 yr old), than ok to use normal one?

ooohhhhhhhhh.... okok... will take note.. *Scribbles into notebook*

thank you!! :D

my family has been practicing seperate washing with special product for infants since years back. i think it is less harmful as infants gets rashes and allegic easiler due to low immuse system? when he/she more growth up ( few mths later or 1 yr old), than ok to use normal one?

Dear ladies, how do you figure out what your bb like to eat? In Tri 2, bb develops taste buds. But I guess I may not have fed the favourite food and end up puking...

hello!

i'm currently in my 19th-ish week.
i eat what is supposedly good for the baby. fish, beef, pork, vege. eggs prolly 2-3 times a week? honestly, i've been eating the same ol' towards the end of first tri and i'm very sick of the food already.
(usually my mom cooks and pack lunch for me to bring to work. therefore, recipe almost SAME EVERYDAY!)

i try to eat smaller portions. less rice, more meat. after lunch about 45mins later, i eat fruits/cherry tomatoes. its helps to keep the needing to throw up feeling at bay.
eat small but more meals perhaps? mores soup stuff if u can? easier to digest.
take care!

Dear ladies, how do you figure out what your bb like to eat? In Tri 2, bb develops taste buds. But I guess I may not have fed the favourite food and end up puking...

hello!

i'm currently in my 19th-ish week.
i eat what is supposedly good for the baby. fish, beef, pork, vege. eggs prolly 2-3 times a week? honestly, i've been eating the same ol' towards the end of first tri and i'm very sick of the food already.
(usually my mom cooks and pack lunch for me to bring to work. therefore, recipe almost SAME EVERYDAY!)

i try to eat smaller portions. less rice, more meat. after lunch about 45mins later, i eat fruits/cherry tomatoes. its helps to keep the needing to throw up feeling at bay.
eat small but more meals perhaps? mores soup stuff if u can? easier to digest.
take care!

I see. I get phobic with fish as overdose in tri 1. Thanks for sharing.

Hi BFF, I was like you.. the nausea and vomiting come only during the evening thru the night. At first, my gynae gave me vitamin B6 to help me cope with my nausea but it did not work well, eventually I was given Ondansetron.
My evening sickness only become better after 19 weeks. Speak to your gynae again regarding your concerns.
Cheer up.. everything will get better soon. Jiayou!

Hi BFF, I was like you.. the nausea and vomiting come only during the evening thru the night. At first, my gynae gave me vitamin B6 to help me cope with my nausea but it did not work well, eventually I was given Ondansetron.
My evening sickness only become better after 19 weeks. Speak to your gynae again regarding your concerns.
Cheer up.. everything will get better soon. Jiayou!

Thank you so much for your sharing. I am so glad that there would be a solution. I will talk to my gynae again.

I am excited for u also! U shd have abt 2-3 months before EDD? The moment of birth is really special. It's like some living thing was just taken out of u, it's a miracle haha.
The heaviness and breathlessness will disappear immediately after birth :)
yes!! the moment my bbs were borned, I cried as soon as I saw them..

Hi, if anyone here is aware of how many days of childcare leave we will be entitled to if we deliver in end aug and return to work after 16 weeks of maternity leave which is around mid December? I have worked in the co for more than 2 yrs... understand its 6 days leave in 12 months. But if employer goes by the calendar year so does it mean I have to clear 6 days by end December 2015 or pro-rated?

Childcare is not prorated. You hv to find a way to use it by 31 dec. It also doesn't get carried forward.

Childcare is not prorated. You hv to find a way to use it by 31 dec. It also doesn't get carried forward.

So does it mean when i return to work in mid December'15 after my maternity leave, i have to clear 6 days of childcare leave by end of 2015?

According to my HR, I don't need to clear child care leave by this year and can start next year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 191
JT298, as Enchanted mentioned, no need to clear as long as you don't start to use yr CCL entitlement in dec 2015. Then your 1st year of entitlement starts 2016. But once you start using you must finish

I do agree with Ron that childcare leave needs to be utilized by the calendar year and cannot be prorated or even carried forward to next calendar year.

Do note that age limit would set at 7 years old.... Need to start utilizing when kids turned one....

@straw1 Yes, I think better to have it in the morning since it's a new shift so "fresher staff" :)
I miss the movement inside my tummy too, so funny to feel something alive inside with all the kicks, hiccups.
I teared when I first saw my bb too. Until now often cannot believe that she's finally here :)

@moo3moo my boy was discharged on 16th already..i actually went visit him the night before and was surprised that he was off the drip and just in a 'normal crib' (no one called to inform) but then following day received a call in the morning and was told to discharge him already..we were like so huh? so fast suddenly..hmm no complains lah as I get to celebrate my birthday with him and took a 'Quan Jia Fu' family of 4 pic together :)

@moo3moo my boy was discharged on 16th already..i actually went visit him the night before and was surprised that he was off the drip and just in a 'normal crib' (no one called to inform) but then following day received a call in the morning and was told to discharge him already..we were like so huh? so fast suddenly..hmm no complains lah as I get to celebrate my birthday with him and took a 'Quan Jia Fu' family of 4 pic together :)
Congrats Lambi Wonderful that the whole family reunite

Just dropping by to say hi to all mother to be.. My girl is now near to 4 months.. And I am feeling so fortunate to have her. A sweet smile from her melt my heart.. Although we have gone through so much to have the precious in our arm.. It's all worth it!! Jia you all of you!! I am now planning for a second one through my embryo by end of next year.. Hope that it will be successful..

I had morning sickness since week 13 until I gave birth. (Yea, how suay lol!) I took anti-nausea medicine prescribed by the gynae. Pyridoxine and metocloPRAMIDE worked for me on top of a light diet consisting of only soup-based stuff with vege only, occasionally fish. I became semi-vegetarian after my pregnancy.

I rem reading somewhere if u tend to be nauseous in ur pregnancy, baby is strong. It may not be scientific but I believe it. My baby is born at a good weight of 3.5kg. The vomiting and nausea went away once I delivered. Dun worry too much k. Just have enough fluid intake and eat smaller meals when u can eat.

I kept a lemon infused towel in the fridge to smell whenever I felt nauseous. Try out different methods and see what works for u.

@Lambi Congrats! Glad to hear both babies are now at home :)
I tried to breastfeed but v v difficult to get my bb latch. I've been expressing bm now wif not much yield, so I also give her fm.
Dunno how much longer I will tahan before giving up breastfeeding :(
How abt u?

I had morning sickness since week 13 until I gave birth. (Yea, how suay lol!) I took anti-nausea medicine prescribed by the gynae. Pyridoxine and metocloPRAMIDE worked for me on top of a light diet consisting of only soup-based stuff with vege only, occasionally fish. I became semi-vegetarian after my pregnancy.

I rem reading somewhere if u tend to be nauseous in ur pregnancy, baby is strong. It may not be scientific but I believe it. My baby is born at a good weight of 3.5kg. The vomiting and nausea went away once I delivered. Dun worry too much k. Just have enough fluid intake and eat smaller meals when u can eat.

I kept a lemon infused towel in the fridge to smell whenever I felt nauseous. Try out different methods and see what works for u.

Thank you so much for your sharing. It is very reassuring to know this. I am often worried if my baby is of weight, as my tummy is so tiny.

@Lambi Congrats! Glad to hear both babies are now at home :)
I tried to breastfeed but v v difficult to get my bb latch. I've been expressing bm now wif not much yield, so I also give her fm.
Dunno how much longer I will tahan before giving up breastfeeding :(
How abt u?
I also tried but cannot latch cos my nipples hurts like crazy! My girl is like biting on them lol while my boy cannot seemed to latch on as he was tube fed in nicu before so maybe confused..so i also express with pump and bottle feed them..just a tad many bottles to wash hehe. Hmm actually in first few days milk very little de..i started with a few drops of colostrum and then progressed to a few 5-10ml for next few days then gradually increased to double triple amt. The lactation nurse said must continue to massage and smooth out the lumps..the lumps are milk ducts with milk..i asked my hb press them as he has stronger grip and hands...then milk flows out later..must keep to 3hrs in between pumping to maintain or up the amount. But i try not to stress so i also standby fm and feed fm to my girl as i want to prioritize ebm to my boy.

Thank you so much for your sharing. It is very reassuring to know this. I am often worried if my baby is of weight, as my tummy is so tiny.
It is ok if baby is tiny. My baby was born quite small but after she was born she drank milk like mad. Now she is normal weight... So don't worry. Baby will auto absorb mummy's nutrients even if u dont eat a lot.

I also tried but cannot latch cos my nipples hurts like crazy! My girl is like biting on them lol while my boy cannot seemed to latch on as he was tube fed in nicu before so maybe confused..so i also express with pump and bottle feed them..just a tad many bottles to wash hehe. Hmm actually in first few days milk very little de..i started with a few drops of colostrum and then progressed to a few 5-10ml for next few days then gradually increased to double triple amt. The lactation nurse said must continue to massage and smooth out the lumps..the lumps are milk ducts with milk..i asked my hb press them as he has stronger grip and hands...then milk flows out later..must keep to 3hrs in between pumping to maintain or up the amount. But i try not to stress so i also standby fm and feed fm to my girl as i want to prioritize ebm to my boy.
Ya totally understand. My girl also bit my nipples at the beginning... It could be wrong latch, cos later i tried pushing the nipple further in then ok. In the meantime, keep applying nipple cream and air...

My tummy was small till 6 months. My tummy/baby grew exponentially after that. I think the size of the tummy doesn't matter. Mummies have this natural instinct to know how baby is. I always try to think positive coz I believe happy mummy, happy baby. Be happy k! :)

Did u learn from LC how to do syringe feeding and cup feeding? My girl started off with fm in bottles becoz I had complications after delivery. I trained her to latch using cup feeding. She only succeeded on how to latch properly at 2 weeks old. Keep latching, jiayou!

Hi ladies, anyone did CVS before? Can share the experience? I've been scheduled to do it end July.
nvr lah....any idea why your Dr request for this test ? i am asked to do test on glucose level in blood in another 2 mths time (6mth +). Wondering is this test compulsory for all ?

Back