Which Brand of FM Yr Baby drinking now?

BitBit,

i agree with u on different babies react different to different brands of formula. lots of trial and error if baby doesn't poo or has runny poo poo.

BUba,

Enfalac HA is a formula using hydrolysed whey protein.... it's not cow's milk based like the normal range. NEstle Nan 1 and 2 also got HA

H.A. = HypoAllergenic

this is meant for those lactose-intolerant or sensitive to cow's milk. either can use soy milk powder or H.A. forumlas.

Mummies

I notice there's an overlap for Enfapro A+ & Enfakid too.

Enfapro : 6 to 18 mths
Enfakid : 1 yr onwards

Wonder which ones your babies are drinking if they're past the 1 yr mark? Enfakid for 1 yr plus is cheaper than enfapro...i wonder if there's a difference in nutrients content?

Thanks!

I give my son enfagrow (vanilla not original). so far he is ok with vanilla. try original before and he never finish it.

i believe enfakid is for 3 years old up.
for 1 year up is enfagrow

Had tried enfapro,ok but when my dd moved on to enfagrow, she developed colic/ tummy ache. Switched her back to Enfapro for a while since she is under 18 mons still. Then I tried Friso Gold. Turned out ok. Been giving her that eversince.

hi, i use Abbott product too, 1-3 years: Gain IQ, >3 years: Gain IQ Kids, n then Pediasure Complete due to son got lactose problem

Hi there mummies,

My son is turning one next month. He is currently drinking Enfapro A+ at 8oz per feed. Am planning to switch to Enfagrow A+. Anyone knows how much should he be drinking? Shuld I carry on giving him 8oz? The can says per feed is only 6oz and I worry it may not be sufficient for him to keep him full. Please advise...

Anyone here giving their child Pediasure? how do u find it?

I stopped giving formula milk when my bb turned one. Got the usual Dugro 1+ (rather than Mamil Gold) and Nestle everyday milk. Don't stick strictly to the recommended amounts because some babies may get constipated/heaty. Mine did, so I do my own adjustments. He's been on 'normal milk' for nearly 10 months and so far he's within healthy weight range. No longer constipated or with phlegm as he used to have when drinking formula milk.

My 4mth old son has ezcema, currently drinking Enfalac A+. I am thinking of switching FM to either Enfalac HA or NAN HA which I heard is suitable for baby with ezcema. But which brand of HA is better, any recommendation?

missylan (missylan)
Username: missylan

Post Number: 1777
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 7:36 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It might/might not be the FM's problem. I give my son S26-gold before he reaches 1, then now using GAIN IQ. He has eczema since 7-8th mth old. Even now, when he weather gets too hot.

My son has sensitive nose and got to Zytec for the nose allergies.

After he had suffered from a virus that cos him to vomit and diarrhoea, he fell sick easily.. runny nose, cough and phlegm. Every morning sure to have runny nose. Brought him to Paed., took medicine for 1 week and still not ok... went back for anti-botics, took for another 6 days... ok for 4-5 days then sick again. I think some illness cannot be cured by western medicine so I choose eastern herbs and some vitamins.

Now my son has no problem. Not becos of western medicine for my case. I gave him Shaklee's children vitamin and vit C. Another eastern herbs which I get from a shop in Rivervale Plaza is to be brew with his daily meal... ingredients are Cordyceps, almond, shi seng, wild american ginseng and a few more... After taking daily for ard 2 weeks, I really see results. No more so call "sensitive nose" and coughing/phelgm STOPS w/o medication.

Hi Missylan,

My son has the same symtoms as described in your posting in 2006. I would like to get him the herbs to try too.

Can you let me know the shop name or address??

Thank u in advance!!!

Cheers
Felicia

Hi, I have 2 unopened Enfalac A+ Stage 1 900 grams tins (Mfgd - 25 Mar 2011, Used by - 24 Mar 2013) for sale. Bought from IMM Giant 2 weeks ago willing to let go for $40 per tin as my boy is not suitable. Have to change formula milk. Collection at Jurong East Street 24. Please pm me if interested. Thanks

Back