When to stop applying diaper cream

zolldoll

Mummies, when can we stop applying diaper creams for our child? My son is currently 15 months old and is still applying each time i change his diaper.

I have the same question...... My girl is 22 months and I am still applying diaper cream. When should I stop?

my friend told me she stopped applying after few months observing that bb never has rashes..since she stopped, bb is okay too..now her bb is almost 2 year old..

I did the same too.. I stop when my baby is about 4-5mths old.. Everything is fine so far. From time to time if she got rash then I apply

Oh, in other words, i can stop anytime now. May i know how to define the diaper rash? Cos my son's bottom sometimes abit red, but i do not think that is rash.

ya my girl is 15months an dnever hv rashes b4 so we dun really apply barrier cream for her already :p

Hi mummies,

Guess what, after hearing some of the mummies advice here and i have tried stop applying cream for my son for nearly a week So far no rash and all seems like as per normal. I will stick to no cream till i see it is abit red.

My thought is disposable diaper contains all the urine until it is full, then parents will change it. Imagine the urine on your private area for so long, must be terrible. So it is better to apply diaper cream as a barrier to protect bb/toddler skin. After all their skin is very sensitive..I think after the children is toilet-trained then we dun need to put diaper cream?

honestly, since bb is born untill today, i seldom apply diaper cream in the day time unless i see it is a little reddish or after wearing the diaper to sleep for too long. only at night i will apply diaper cream as he will be sleeping for more than 6 hours.

my bb is almost 5 months old now and never has diaper rash. i do pick and chose the brand of diapers and the brand of cream. i change the diappy abt every 2.5-3.5hrs or as and when i feel it is a little heavy. occasionally i will also air his bumbum for a couple of minutes before putting on the diapy.

i personally dun like the idea of applying cream onto the skin day in and out. i prefer clean and dry skin.

The best way is to change the diaper every 3-3.5 hours.That will help to reduce the rashes in a more effective way.You can c the result very fast.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.

I am Jan'10 mummy.

I hv the following items to sell :

- 2 BN packs of NB size huggies ultra diapers (24pcs/pack, RSP : $7.30/pack)

- 1 BN pack of S size huggies ultra diapers (44pcs, RSP : $13/pack)

- Almost new Cheeky Bon Bon Nursing Pillow (bought at $42.90), only use less than 5 times, cover washed

- 3 packs of BN Cussions baby wipes (55s/pack, bought at $2.25/pack, still with price tag)

- 1 BN Boots Expert Baby Sensitive Protecting Bottom Balm (75ml)

- 1 Boots Baby Medicated Nappy Cream (300ml), only scope out (with cleaned plastic spoon) abt 5ml

- 1 BN Boots Expert Moisturising Nipple cream (100ml)

- 1 Naforye Doughnuts Relief

- 1 BN Small size Guardian Abdominal Support Binder (suitable for both natural and c-sect surgery, bought at $29.95)

- 1 BN ‘Little Dreamers’ Postpartum healing salve (20ml, bought at $11, with price tag)

- 4 BN covered long pants with booties (pink & yellow, 0-3mths)

- 1 BNIB Lucky Baby Carry Rocking Chair – light blue

- 2pcs Waterproof & Flat Quilted Multi-Use Pads (27" X 36", used once & washed)

Self-collect at Redhill MRT.
Anyone keen plse PM or email me at [email protected] as I seldom check forum.

Thks!

I agree with Mrs Ko.

My 2boys (30mths and 5mths)had only used the diaper cream for first month only.

Subsequently months, it is only as and when necessary.

Must practice good diapering meaning, change when the disposable diapers are either semi or 3quarter full, air-dry the bottom,cotton wool wipe the bottom after every change.

If you can, try to use cotton wool instead of wipes to clean the bottom. Cheaper and softer on bottom too. If outdoors, can used wipes,more convenient.

Especially important after every poo, using cotton wools instead of wipes if at home, then change to cloth diaper. AFter cloth diaper wet upon first urine, can change back to disposable.

You can save up on diaper cream.So far only used 2 tubes of cream during the entire motherhood.

Gabymum,
no hard and fast rules, try out various method by all mummies , but at least for the first month, must apply dilligently.

My girl's rashes were so bad that it bleed. Then we realized that it was due to constant wiping. We adopted washing method and switch to Akin bottom balm and problem solved. But I am another KS parent, I continue to use the creme having fear that she has rashes again...

We never did use diaper cream/lotions and bathe bb's bottom everytime diaper is soiled (poop) + avoid being over-dressed at home in case of inducing heat rash. Also stopped using anti-bacterial wipes and switch to the non-fragranced type. So far no diaper rash.

Back