vaccination at Polyclinic vs PD

Hi, any mummy know what are the difference between the vaccination given at Poly vs PD.

If given a choice which one will you choose?

Polyclinic jab can be deduct from medisave (either mine or hubby)
I remembered I didn't need to pay anything at all for the 18mo vaccine.

So far waiting time still okay, average 1hr most of the time. Infant even shorter waiting time.

I believe PD waiting time also not short.

I believe the jabs given are the same.

Polyclinic can give 2 jabs in a day but I heard from friend that her PD separates them into 2mths. Not too sure if PD got charge consultation fee for every vaccine visit. If yes, then that's the reason why..

Last edited:
Hi

Anyone can share more info on what are the 2 jabs that polyclinics can give in the same day and baby at how many months old should jab.

Thank you.

hi mostly is hepat B, rotavirus and preunemococol. Polyclinic can give 3jab together in one visit. But I personally request to separate it. I took hepa B and rotavirus together. Preunemococol will take on 8th mth. Because not necessarily if your BB didn't put at infant care or child care.
Waiting time about 15min-30 min in polyclinic because got appointment.

Poly better, I feel. PD over charges you and their assistants that jab not so experienced. From my nurse friends, they all say Poly simply because their stocks for the vaccine is always re-stocked with newer ones, while PD vaccines can be quite old stock in that sense as they don't have as much patients/babies to vaccinate as compared to Poly.
Plus Poly is cheaper as well. :)
My first baby jabbed I brought him to PD, I didn't like how the staff handled it also, and when he had a fever they don't even have an ice pack to spare for him and just shrugged it off because they are "too busy". So I kinda prefer Poly as the nurses are also friendly and more caring, either that or my PD's staff are just not that good. Haha, so I stopped going there.

Eh, contrary to beac's experience, my PD personally jabs baby. I have a lot of health issues and go to hospital often. My experience is that whether jabs hurt depend on the person's experience, i.e a senior nurse's jab is less painful than an inexperienced doctor. Polyclinic means I cannot choose who jabs my baby. So I pay PD to ensure that he is the one that jabs my baby, using baby's CDA account. I still go to hospital regularly so go on subsidised to reduce cost. I sometimes get those junior nurses at the hospital who jab the needle in and "look" for the vein inside to get my blood sample. Those are the horror cases that I wanna avoid for my baby. If you do go to polyclinic, try see if you can request senior nurses to jab. I do not get to choose my nurses all the time even though I request for change. I go so often the counter staff know me. Yet sometimes still cannot change if only junior nurses on duty...

Edit: Just to add, my PD told me early on that I can choose to go polyclinic to give my baby 5-in-1 jab if I want to save cost. His jabs are 6-in-1. I do not know what exactly is the extra vaccine in his jabs. Hope this answers your question about difference in vaccine.

Haha yeah maybe that's just my exp. so far the nurses at the poly I go to are good and very experience. So I don't have anything to worry about. :) ultimately it's up for the mommy to decide and see for yourself what works for you and baby.

I personally have unhappy experience with polyclinic dr during my son's 1st mth checkup. So after that he took all his vaccinations at pd's clinic. His pd only charges the vaccination price. Though is still consider exp compare wtih poly but i feel worth it as pd personally checks and jab on him, i can ask qns and clear my doubts during the checkups and also he will do the jab plus checkup tgt instead like poly: jab by nurse then wait for dr to check.

Seems like many mummies had bad exp. with polyclinic... well to each individual preference.

For me I went to Sengkang Polyclinic and the nurses there are very friendly and nice :)

Whereas I did had a very bad exp with a Pd at kidslink which I feel that even I want to pay more but I don't get the service level I got from public clinic.

So my choice for my coming 3rd baby will still be polyclinic ;)

My bb 2mths+ was jab with pd ,6 in 1 + 3 in 1 + oral rotavirus ,total $570.
didn't know it will cost so much, but since alrdy started the jab will stick with
the same Dr for another 2 jab.

didn't know it will cost so much, but since alrdy started the jab will stick with

$570 in cash? Can't deduct by medisave?

Hi poco..we were quoted for the 6 in 1 around 1k.. did u jab all the 6 in 1 + 3 in 1 + oral rotavirus on the same day? Was there any side effects like fever or behaviour changes?

both my kids took all their jabs at polyclinic..pre-booked appt, we waited less than an hr to complete the jabs.
I rem some jabs do not have to pay at all
only 6-in-1 we took GP package from Healthway bcos they got promo price

My bb went to PD until he was 6 months old, for his previous visit to PD bill was always around $500+ and it is really expensive so we switch to Polyclinic and surprisingly waiting time is short with appointment. Waiting time for me is always around 30 min max, I go to Hougang polyclinic.
Baby is now 14 months and I've never paid anything so far ever since I switch to poly for his vaccine

Our first kid goes to a PD simply because we wanted to play safe and wanted our child to have as many vaccinations as possible. We got the vaccination package (nearly $2k in 2012) from our PD, still have to pay consultation fee each time (discounted) and also pay for the final jab - Meningococcal - at 2yo ($200+).

2nd kid goes to Poly, after hearing from a friend that they have a priority Q for infants. So far so good, super efficient and the fees are so low ($6 for Dr's fee and free vaccination for most). See the details here - http://www.nhgp.com.sg/faq.aspx?id=720dda1c60b242a2999b475c0438ba78 (Click on FAQ Q1 for fees).

Plus the recommended vaccination schedule here: http://www.singhealth.com.sg/PatientCare/ConditionsAndTreatments/Pages/Vaccinations-Child.aspx

From what I know, the 2-jabs-in-a-day is actually a combination of the 5-in-1 and Hep B jab, both are free - which translate to the private clinics/PD's 6-in-1 jab at 2nd month.

Note - Polyclinics don't have vaccination for Rotavirus, so you will need to take your kid to a PD.
Also, Polyclinics jab your kid in the thigh instead of butt. Same difference I think.

My gynae wants me to assign a PD and he has chosen one for me.. I was only 26 weeks when he told me this.. I tink he will be there on the birth of the baby. Is it necessary? Cos I intend to bring bb to polyclinic when he's born..

I heard my friend was charged $4k+ on that very day his bb was born at gleneagles and he got a shock at the exorbitant price!

My gynae wants me to assign a PD and he has chosen one for me.. I was only 26 weeks when he told me this.. I tink he will be there on the birth of the baby. Is it necessary? Cos I intend to bring bb to polyclinic when he's born..

I heard my friend was charged $4k+ on that very day his bb was born at gleneagles and he got a shock at the exorbitant price!

My gynae explained the PD assigned to me was for the duration my baby was hospitalized after delivery ie few days only. After that I'm free to choose other PD. Polyclinic PD won't go hospital to visit ur baby coz it's simply not part of their job. Only the assigned PD practicing at the same hospital will do that so usually the PD is from the same hospital that u deliver in. After delivery, Ur gynae is only responsible for u, not ur baby. For e.g. If the baby got jaundice, it's not ur gynae's problem, it's PD's problem. Ur gynae will come visit u but the PD will go visit ur baby. Doctors are smart people, u think u can pay them one fee but make them to look after 2 people (u & baby)? Of coz 2 different charge wat! Difficult to swallow the charge coz need to pay for 2 but that's the market practice.
Gleneagles everything also expensive one wat, as long as never charge wrongly, there's nothing u can do with gleneagles charging that exorbitant price coz that's their hospital pricing.

if u deliver at private hosp ur gynae will assign a pd for ur baby..my baby had jaundice and pd ordered phototherapy for her which cost us $150 per night..bo bian also hv to pay cos baby health more important. but aft we discharged and went home, it is not necessary to go back to the pd anymore..u can go to polyclinic for any checkup which is cheaper loh

Hi poco..we were quoted for the 6 in 1 around 1k.. did u jab all the 6 in 1 + 3 in 1 + oral rotavirus on the same day? Was there any side effects like fever or behaviour changes?

Hi we did all in the same day,baby has fever on that day for 2 days.
your $1k is for 3x jab or one time?
Mine $570 is one time jab only include consultation fee.
Baby need 3x jab.

We took my baby to see GP recently and the doctor highlighted that the vaccine at Poly and PD is different. As in the vaccine in PD could have come from the original manufacturer while poly buys vaccine in bulk, so they taken it in generic brand vs original manufacturer. Not sure how true is that....

My hubby and I still prefer to bring my son to Toa payoh National Healthcare Group Polyclinic for the vaccination.
He took all his vaccinations there. We find the nurses there are pretty friendly and professional.
I didn't have to pay for all the vaccinations, except for the Pneumococcal vaccination which i request.
It's $150 each jab , need to take 3 jabs at different months. Can use CDA to deduct.
And they will also give me free bottle of Paracetamol everytime, if my son develop fever after the injection.

Most importantly, the queue are really short if appointment is made beforehand.
Usually waiting time is around 10-15mins.
So i will still continue to bring him there.

have been going to Pd for my gal's vaccines. i just use the cda acct. itz like i pay half n govt pay half so ok la.
i delivered at PEH and since then always going to the Pd there.
waiting time is short and pd check on her everytime before the jab. it costs about $430 for the 6in1 with the rotavirus oral meds.

If I remember clearly, rotavirus is now available at poly clinics and cost only $90 per. 3 sessions in all. I didn't take up this vaccination as I feel it's unnecessary since we took caution in handling his food. You guys can call 63553000 to ask.

If I remember clearly, rotavirus is now available at poly clinics and cost only $90 per. 3 sessions in all. I didn't take up this vaccination as I feel it's unnecessary since we took caution in handling his food. You guys can call 63553000 to ask.

Available at National healthcare. There's total 2doses by oral. $90 each

My girl easily got diarrhoea even she eat almost every meal at home. Regret didn't give her this prevention at 3mo.

Last edited:
Yes, It is good to prevent kids from having diarrhoea, if they have a weak stomach.
It's optional, so we choose not to.

definitely polyclinics, i tried both and here is my experience.

polyclinics nurses sit there whole day and do only jabs, so she is more experienced at jabbing painlessly. she is paid the same if she spends more time to patiently get the job done right. polyclinics are also spacious, has nice waiting area, breastfeeding room and pleasant place to be at. the jabbing area is separated from sick children areas (at sgh, not sure about others).

i had also been going to a private paediatric group for optional jabs, thinking that i can get some doctor advice while at it. this causes the doctor to charge around 100 sgd more per session to give the jab. while he is trained as a doctor, i think he is less experienced at jabbing baby. somehow, i have also been getting the feeling that doctors in singapore are watching time and trying to earn back if he is spending more time with you (if you ask more question or if the baby needs time to get the jab done). from the three doctors i have seen in different practices groups, they tends to sell me useless products to make back from the time spent. some of these products are biotics, creams (rashes cream, wash shampoos) etc. these items will cost additional 50-100 sgd more. i am not sure if these doctors has the

Back