My daughter is going to be 9 months in few days and has been diagnosed with Urine Infection 3 times in the last 2 months. As much as we know that we follow very strict hygiene for her, I am a bit worried about what is causing this exactly. Cutting the long story short, after a series of check ups by our Pediatrician, we recently had a checkup with a Pediatric Nephrologist and he ordered a MCU and a DMSA Scan for her. I understand that these are necessary to rule out the possibility of a reflux and to know whether or not there is scarring in the kidney and I am well informed about the details of this. MCU can only be done about 3-4 weeks after the recent infection and a DMSA can only be done after about 3 months, what I am really concerned about is the actual experience of going through this. The doctor has put my daughter on a mild dose antibiotic (once everyday) until we go for the test and according to him we can do either of the two first of course a DMSA would require a wait of 3 months. I am worried coz besides the pain, this involves radiation and is invasive. As per the doctor this is really important for my baby and I understand this but it would be great if any of you can share your experiences, if any, with me. Is there anything we should be prepared for? Any hospital/clinic that is recommended for this? Your advice and help is greatly appreciated!