Ultrasound scan every consultation with gynea?

kan_jong_mum

Hi,

My gynea is at KKH. At first I thought that i will go for an ultrasound scan every visit to my gynea. But it's not always the case. I have to ask her to arrange for ultrasound scan for me. Have any mums encountered the same situation as me? I wonder whether TMC and Mount Alvernia automatically schedule ultrasound scans for their patients for every consultation.

Lois,

it depend where to visit your gynae.
if i nt wrong, if your appt is at The Private Suite TPS, the gynae will also do the scan.

but heard tat if u visit your gynae at Clinic A/B/C/D, the scan is not done by gynae. so maybe she need to arrange.

My doctor is at NUH.
It depends on your condition. Initally I had ultrasound at every single visit as I'm under high risk pregnancy. After my condition improve, the doctor only monitor the baby's heartrate. But you can request for the ultrasound at extra cost.

My Dr is Dr wong mun tat, and so far he does the scan everytime i see him. Even with my first pregnancy is also the same, from the first visit till before i was due for delivery.

I was seen by a consultant at SGH. He had a scanner in his room and would scan me at every visit. For the NT scan and 19 to 22wk scan, and growth scan in 3rd trimester, I went to ultrasound suite at SGH = machine there is more sensitive.

Hi mummy,
im also with a gynae @ TMC.
I get scanned every session which is mthly visit. They have this package which includes Consultation, scanning, Urine test every mth. Until the last 1 mth, gynae visit is weekly. During 5th mth of pregnancy, gynae will book for hospital to do detail scan for us.
happy.gif

As far as I know, not all gynaes in KKH clinics A-D have their own scanning machines, so only those who have access to their own machines will do scans for you at every visit. I was with Dr SF Loh for both pregnancies and he has his own machines so he'd do scans every visit.

hi lois, u are subsidised patient? because i think if subsidised patient they dun alwaes do the scan bcos need to go another room to do the scan & wait. onli impt timing when need to do the scan then dey will do for u.

i think there's no need to do scan every visit if there's nothing wrong la... in australia there's regulation to limit the number of ultrasound scans to 3 times per pregnancy cos it's not proven whether such scans have impact on babies or not...

i think baby will be irritated if always scan. (they'll jerk their heads away if the sound bounce into their ears...)

dun be worried if never scan everytime ba. as long as u feel well. =) can save money too.

Hi pprincess,
No, I am priavte patient and at clinic B. My gynea does not have her own ultrasound machine in her room, hence if I request for an ultrasound, she will have to arrange for me to go to AMC. I guess I am paranoid coz this is my 1st pregnancy and I worry for so many things :p

Hi Lois,
I think there's misunderstanding, maybe if you walk in to KKH without polyclinic referal, than you will be counted as private patient but doesn't mean private suite's patient. (correct me if i'm wrong)
In Private Suite, there will be ultrasound machine in gyne's room. And you will go to Private Suite for every consultation, not clinic B.
If you want to become private suite patient, I think you just go directly & ask the information/ registration counter right there.

if u are a private patient in clinic B, I felt might as well go Private Suite. Less waiting time, scan every visit plus got free drinks like milo,coffee and nice ambience. Can even visit during night time too.

Hi, how do i know on e certain mth / bb's devt that there's a need for scanning (if it is diff fm another type of scanning called detail / 3D scanning)?

there's a valid point posted by amk_gal - no evidence if any impact on e bb..

Private Suite is like A+ class so its more expensive than Clinic A/B/C even if you private patient there. And there got no ultrasound machine. So if you want to get scan every visit must go Private Suite. The difference not very much if u are already A class pt, I think.

Back