Twins due in 2008?

Jas C, initially i take low fat milk, bb never put on much weight.. after switch to FULL Cream... can really see result.

Twinnies, i dun snack.. just eat normally except the 4 cups of FRESH FULL CREAM MILK. BBs took all the thing bah, leave a bit for mummy. hahahahah!~

Jaslyn, my CL is unhygienic, stubborn, lazy and horrible. Taught her many times got to be hygienic., she dun bother..says our expectation so high etc. 2 more weeks to go... and thats it. U know, my CL dun nid to cook for me at all...

NZ, my gynae was the one who taught me 4 cups milk rule... hahaha... she got worried when I was admitted to tmc during 33 wks and my cervix already dilated to 1.5cm and my bbs were only 1.7 and 1.8kg.. so she asked me try if i dun feel YUCKEE!! My hubby says worth trying.. indeed 35 weeks 2 days they arrived, strong and healthy! They are in normal wards with other full term bbs ,discharge with me same day. I was so relieved when my PD says " NORMAL NURSERY WARD for these gers" in the OT. Then my PD told me " Not bad, ur gers are 2.35kg and 2.42kg, very big for twins at this gestational wk" I really appreciate my Gynae's guidance.

AVA, ur gers look so cute!!

Ava, how much u buy ur NAN HA1? I using that too.. bought $33.45 per tin. My hubby stock up 24 tins at home.. my gers, one drinking 100ml per feed and the other 70ml per feed. Milk powder very fast use up

ladies, how do u noe hw much to feed ur kids. is it every kid is different? doesnt matter hw many mths they r in now? no guideline how much to feed for how many mths kid?

i so scared to increase feed, always tinking i overfeed them

Purebliss
eee.. unhygienic..
I scare this most!
so terrible..
still can say ur expections high..
u still can ren.. pei fu!
so gd no need to cook for u?
then who cook for u?

u also stock up milk ah..
hehe
me also..bought Similac stage 1
and stock up 6 tins cos after 6 mths can change to stage 2 liao..
1 tin 900g less than 1 week lor..
last time use similac neosure, 370g 1 tin..
3 days only... siong hor..
I used to buy 24tins also..

Vine
got a formula say 50g to 1ml of milk..
see if u wana follow..
at 1st I also like this..
scare overfed them..
but my PD say as long as they still wana suck
just give them more..
bbs are smart..
when they r full..
they dun wana drink..
no matter what u do they also wont drink...
my gers are drinking 125ml and their weight only 5kg and 5.8kg..
hope it helps.
happy.gif

Vine, there is no guideline to how much should feed. My babies are fed on demand. Like my Twin 1, she is drinking 100ml of FM now already. She is only 15 days old. My PD says so long she dun vomit out after feed and her tummy can take it, then its okay. Agree with Jas, bbs are smart, they will know when they are full and reject the remaining.

Jas, i dun wanna ren also must ren. 2 more weeks confinement finish already so make do. I just need to see here and there what she is doing. My maid cook for me... i sui bian eat.. cos not bf.

Twinnies, I drink Magnolia ( F & N ) full cream milk.

Jas, my maid knows how to cook confinement food... all put lots of ginger. Hahaha! She cooks my confinement food when i have my son.
happy.gif
So now she still remember. M having my vinegar pig trotter yesterday. :D

Mummies, how long do you all take to establish the sleep and feed routine for ur twins?

i'm not sure if my twins got routine...cos they more or less wake up every 2 hrs after bm and 3 hrs after formula...sleep wise we try to coax them to zzz after every feed but sometimes they simply refuse to sleep for few hours... at nite worse, got to wake cl up a few time for each baby...can't imagine when its my turn...

hi all...sorry going to rant here again cos i think i having depression...have been worrying/feeling very stressed about caring for the babes after CL leaves cos i'm really very inexperienced. i think i'm so stressed to the fact that i'm losing my appetite everyday, and instead of eating a lot to 'bu' myself, i feel thoroughly sick of confinement food and can only eat very little for 3 meals...and i also feel very tired thru'out the day, hot and cold all over the body too...i feel very bad about my weakness but can't help it...donno how long will this last...
sad.gif
sorry for the rant...

Thanks Purebliss, I saw it @ NTUC yesterday. Might start drinking that instead of The Marigold Fresh Milk.

BB2609, pls dont worry to much ya, just keep talking about ur feelings, it helps with the post natal depression which alot of woman go thru, n dont forget most of them have 1 child u n the rest of us have 2. so keep talking it helps. Im sure I will be stressed out too. So dont worry about Ranting. Its good to rant. Ur maid will be there to help out with you and y dont u ask ur MIL or Mother to come n help like one or 2days. Make sure u take a few hrs to go for a short walk or take a nice long bath and try to relax. Due this when the babies are having their nap. U need some time for ur own sanity so dont worry ya. ITs all natural. I know that I have no experience in all this, I have just been reading loads of books and I know mumies who are overwelm n go into depression too, its last for a few days n u will be fine. Keep telling urself all will be fine in a few days. Ur not alone oks. Keep talking it helps! Hope I cheered u up a little.
happy.gif

Purebliss..
icic.. thats gd!

for the sleep and feed routine
I try not to wake them up for milk lor..
then slowly they will sleep longer..
and I try to let them sleep after feed..
but as they grow bigger they dun sleep after their feed..and want me to talk to them or watch tv lor..haha..
my gers will keep quiet if I on the tv let them sit on my lap..
my hubby say tv addict..
the longest they can sleep is throughout the nite for 12hrs...
will let them sleep if they make noise and rub eyes lor if its in the afternoon..

bb2609..
dun worry too much k..
anything u can rant here..
we will listen to u here..
get ur mum and MIL to help u k...
slowly u can get a hang of it...
now u must bu ur body so that u can take care of ur babes after CL leaves k..

bb2609, same here... I also kinda of scared how am i going to handle 1 toddler + 2 infants. Luckily my maid says she can help me with night feeding if both wants milk together. I got depression signs when my CL is here... all the things she did is so ... i dunno how to say. Very sad and especially when i need to give up BF.. my world seems to crumble down on me. Went counselling at my gynae clinic 2 times for the bf matter.now using fm seems easier.

Jas, my gers now 16 days old, drinking ard 60 to 80ml of FM...sometimes 3hrly and sometimes 2hrly.. is this amt okay? Sorry, i really blur blur this rd cos of the twins. Tiring... backache also.

bb2609
replied to your post on sept thread as i'm more regular there. Keep positive...it's tough and it will get easier, believe me...hard to think that when u r stressed but it will. BUT if u catch yourself thinking "not so good" thoughts (real depression)...do speak to someone who can help.

BF
Having to compromise on bf'ing is always heartbreaking esp if u were determined to do so. I also cried when I gave my girls their first bottle of FM and they continued not being able to latch well. However, I continued pumping and suply is improving daily. from 20-30 per pump, i can now do 120ml a pump after 6 weeks ...not fantastic, but at least can give 50% BM to them both. Keep going gals...gotta give each other more supprt.

Those who delivered in Aug/Sept/oct, maybe join us for our gathering on 20 Oct...then can meet you gals and ur babies! PM me or check out Sept thread if keen!! Suport group mah!!

Purebliss..
dun worry..
this amt is fine..
as long as they dun be merlion...
try to rest when ur gers r sleeping k..
I also blur blur cos of twins..
but slowly will get a hang of it..
just relax k..
happy.gif

depression:
thanks for all encouragement..i guess now the priority is to 'nurse' back my appetite so i can eat more and have a bit more energy...decided to take things slowly now...

Purebliss: my twins are also drinking 60-70ml of milk @ 3 weeks old...like now quite constant and no increase leh..also worried if they are 'growing' or not (havent had chance to weigh them yet...did u get to weigh your babes?)

jaslyn:
i like your term for milk puke >> merlion!!! *LOL

Ava:
read your other reply - i wish i can extend my CL stay but she's m'sian and have to go after 30days max..
sad.gif
but sooner i'm thrown into hot water, the sooner i'll learn the ropes...so as to keep myself busy and not think too much...

Jas, they very inconsistent with their drinking. Sometimes 1.5hr and sometimes 4hr! My 1st twin can drink from 60ml to 100ml per feed, also depends on her mood. 2nd twin, so far had been quite consistent, 60ml to 70ml, but her feeding timing is irregular. I really super blur... The amt of time they finish drinking also very very long... sometimes 15 mins and sometimes... 30mins or 40min? I doze off ... Jas I still guilty not giving them any breast milk.

bb2609, last tuesday manage to weigh one of the twin because she got some skin infection. That time she weighs 2.7kg already and PD says very good weight gain. Twin 2 yet to weigh... dunno how much she put on but i guess almost the same.. not much diff bah!

bb2609
Yeah, I feel the same way re the "throwing yourself into hot water" sooner rather than later...that's why not extending again, even tho I have that option. BTW, Mine is also malaysian. she just did a u-turn at the checkpoint to extend her visit permit.

bb2609
hehe..
cos they way they puke milk..
like the merlion..

Purebliss
my gers r also like this..
sometimes 1 hr hungry liao..
sometimes over their feeding time they still sleeping..
dun be worry and stress..
once they r hungry they will wake up..
I use a table to record the time and the amt they drink.. it will be better..
my jie jie used 45 mins to finish until she was about 1 mth+ then become faster..
slowly they will learn to suck faster..

dun feel guilty..
ni ye bu siang de..
dun blame urself k..
drinking formula they can grow faster..

Ava, if my CL is good.. i also wish she extend her stay here... but hor now the whole family machiam wishing these 2 weeks will pass by quickly and off she goes.. She is really DIRTY and UNHYGIENIC. Used cotton buds here throw there throw, never mind, then bottles rinse already never bother to soak them in water...then likes to argue a lot then use things, very wasteful.

Purebliss, I will also start on your 4cups fresh milk immediately. not sure if i can tahan till 33weeks, so better start piling on the twins weight now.!
happy.gif

i think i'm also in depression, thou mine is pre-natal depression. twinnies, not sure if you feel the same, but i feel so heavy and tired all the time now. can't even find a good posture to sit or sleep. am just living day by day and keep talking to my twins to stay healthy, gain enough weight n tahan till at least 34weeks or when they reach 2kg. think i m obsessed with tiwns weight gain now.

so really pei fu those mommies that hv given birth! i think my mind is getting weaker n weaker day by day.

purebliss, can't you change your CL? my first CL (when i had my first boy) was also terrible. she can't cook well and not v steady with infant. + that was our first baby so more kan qiong. on hindsight, i should hv sent her off and get a new one!

I went for my 28th week checkup last Fri. Bb girl weighed 900g+ and bb boy weighed 1kg+. My gynae said my girl is still considered small but my boy is ok.

I can't swallow 4 cups of milk a day leh..although i very much want to. I m trying to take 2 cups and almost vomitted. I m rly not a milk person. Pray tt bbs will gain thru other food. So far, i hv put on almost 10kg.

Jas, i also can't find a good position to sleep and sit. I guess this phase will pass and dun dwell too much into it. God will help our bbs to reach 2kg by delivery. Prolonged worries will affect bbs' growth too. Be strong ok?

To all the mommies who hv given birth, hope tt u n your bbs doing well and hang in there. Will be joining u guys soon...
happy.gif

Mums with CLs:
Does your CL help you to bond with your baby or like to 'possess' the baby to herself? I liked my CL at first, but by the 3rd week i'm getting very frustrated cos when i try to offer help in coaxing the crying babes, she (and my MIL) keep telling me to 'go lie down' even though i'm ok. She also keep saying they listen to her voice and smile when she talks to them. And when i ask her to show me how to cuddle them so closely to the chest, she just ignore me. I'm so mad!!! She's already like leaving next week and she's still got this attitude! Now my boy only listens to her voice to calm down liao...

And my MIL is NOT on my side lor...she also keeps telling me to go lie down (so she can take over) when i hear bb cry and purposely wake up to help..SO IRRITATING!

I know it's their job to take care of the bbs and let the mum rest, and it'll make CL's job easier if the kids listen to her, but it can affect the mum a lot if she's not allowed to bond with them.

Am I being too sensitive or what?? Do u mums with CLs experience this?

hi bb2609, i understand your feelings roght now although i hv not gone thru any confinement yet. If u r close to your mil, try making her understand your feelings. Otherwise, talk to your hubby. Dun keep all the unhappiness to yourself. No, u r not being sensitive. If it's me, i might feel hurt too. Which mommy doesn't want to be close to the bbs? On a different note, u will hv your bbs all to yourself once the CL leaves in one week's time. Try to think positively, which is good for u and bbs..
happy.gif

bb2609
No you're perfectly normal for a new mum...so don't worry, and just relax till the CL leaves. And DO rest! It's normal to want to do everything yourself, but u have ample time for that after she leaves. Just believe that your CL and MIL have your best interests at heart...then you wont feel like they are depriving you of baby time.

bb2609, my CL also like that. I scream at her... u know last nite what happen. We caught her again. she change the bbs diaper already and never wash hand and wanna feed the gers! Hubby saw it and very very angry. then she also take my gers handkerchief and wipe her hands and face!!! Freaking Dirty... I was telling my hubby might as well ask her to go like that... I got to stay up every night to see what she is doing and no diff from me taking care of the gers at all. ARGH!!! Very frustrating.

hi Jas, Yuppers Im 5 1/2 months. n yes I feel vert tired n heavy. Been having very bad Swollen ?Feet. took 2days off work to rest @ home, swelling went down but increase again today when I came back to wrok. As long as Im on my feet it sure swell up. hehehe.. U working? Im and Im planning on cutting down on work, like work 2days n rest the other 3days @ home. Will speak to Gyny n than to my off to see if it goes down well with them.

My Twinnies are having parties everyday in the Womb! Party in th Womb! Zouk Out I call it! hehehehee... Its a nice feeling n got my HB to feel it too. hehehehe... They like to play with HB will let him feel off n on only. hehehehe. So cute la. I have been drinking 2 cups of milk a day but been drinking the fresh milk have not swithced to Full Cream just yet. Will do so in the 6month.

bb2609, just rest as much as u can n if u want to help with the babies, just go up to the baby n take him/her away. Nobody can stop u from picking ur own baby up. Just rest as much as u can.

OMG Purebliss, thats dirty. Tell her off. Could she be tired? thats y she doing all the short cuts??

Ladies as the days move along, Im getting so excited, been shopping for things. Got my co sleeper & prams & sterliser. hehehe. Got some clothes, like 8 sets! hehehehe plus some bibs. Mothercare having good sale. U might want to check it out.

Been reading ur BF stories. Not sure if I should spend on the breast pump. Kind of worried if cant use than how? Are u all still pumping when giving ur babies formula? Y did u stop BF? not enough even when u pump? Need all the advise I can get.

CL: thanks all i have recovered a bit and since this is the last confinement week, i've decided to let it go and relax/enjoy all the rest time i have...

hubby even took friday off to take me shopping!! ^_^ and at last i've got some time to help with the babes cos MIL took some time off...though i can't say i like the night feeds = SIONG!!!!

Twinnies:
For breastpump i bought a second hand one (ameda lactaline dual electric), used it for a while and switched to hand (manual) express which i feel express faster and can empty breast better.

maybe u can buy a second hand pump and try to see if comfortable using. but first few times sure not so much milk..if pump more frequent then there'll be more gradually
happy.gif

U can try to latch baby in the hospital, so go home no need to use pump
happy.gif
if they can't latch n you're determined to pump all the way, then borrow a pump from the hospital straight after you deliver and start pumping to get the techique, so after u go home u'll be an expert liao
happy.gif

Yup i express milk 120-150ml every 6 hrs and store in bottles in fridge and feed formula at night cos we dowan babes to wait&cry so make formula is faster than warming up BM at night.

my milk output is only enough for both babes in the day only. also i not sure if i still have time to pump after CL leaves...

thats all for my BF experience! hope this helps
happy.gif

just to clarify: is Fresh Milk = Full Cream Milk?

purebliss: your CL is really dirty. think i would hv freak out too. how much r u paying her? i will b paying my CL $3k, so she better b worth it!

Twinnies: wow...u hv been on shopping spree. i hv not really got anything yet...cos still can recycle from my older boy, + i feel too tired to do any shopping. where did u get your steriliser? am waiting for robinson to hv good sale.

Hi BB2609, thanks for the info on BF. How much was ur 2nd hand ameda pump?

Jas, yuppers this is our 1st & 2nd child, so need to get stuff.. My friends passing me some baby clothes but I would like to get some for my kids too. hehehe.. I bought my sterliser from Mothercare. Yes wait for the 20% @ Roibinsons its worth it. Im waiting to get a few items from Robinsons when the 20% comes on again. I wont be surprise if its this weekend or next. they always have it during the public holidays! I went mad @ the Centrepoint Robinsons. We bought our prams from there or more got their suppliers name from there. hehehee..

Ladies if u want to get discounted prams go down to Aprisin. Call them 1st to see if they have ur brand n model of pram. We manage to get a very good discount from them. Their website: www.aprisin.com.sg

Jas, Fresh Milk found in the fridges in the supermart. Not necessary full cream = fresh milk. Full cream can come in packaging of 6.

I pay her 2k for 28 days service. ppl recommend one somemore.

Purebliss: but I can't find Magnolia Full Cream Fresh Milk in the fridges?? either just Fresh Milk in the fridges or Full Cream in package of 6 (which is UHT milk). so which one did you drink to gain weight?

Also, any mommies did post natal massage? any good one to recommend?

twinnies: yes...me also waiting for the robinson sale! which brand of stroller did u buy? i am thinking of the maclaren techno twin. did u check out baby hypermart? they carry lots of bb stuff too.

Hi Jas, I bought 2 single prams. Its a car seat pram. I feel the twin prams are too bulky except the Maclaren which alot of ppl buy. but I dont like the Maclaren. I really liked the mothercare twin pram n it was very lite but when close up its very bulky! heheheheheh

Went to baby hypermart but so ex. better to shop at the dept stores.

Jas, Meiji brand has full cream fresh milk at the fridge section. My fren recommended a post natal massage lady...she said quite good but i hvnt called. PM me if u nid the contact k?

How come no new posts for such a long tmie...everyone busy with the twins?

bb2609/purebliss
how are you coping without CL?

Ava:
thanks for asking.. after CL left my mil and I both took charge of a baby each to care for. Initially it was very stressful & messy, but now slowly getting familiar with their feeding patterns...

My boy eats well on time and is growing steadily (eating 90mil now) but my girl now at 5 weeks still feeds 70-80 mil and is very slow eater, cranky and fussy while feeding + hard to burp. Once she had so much air in the tummy while feeding that she merlioned thru the mouth+nose! Really FREAKED me out big time. And she can still smile and look stoned after that -_-|||

Anyone given birth in KKH, can share the bill breakdown with me?

Also, for C Sect, is it true that hubby cannot go in? My gynae told me that hubby not allow leh...

i am reaching my 32th week this Sunday & gynae say most likely will deliver me in 34th week....so scare now, really hope that i can hold on longer...

bb2609
that milk thru the nose thing happened to me too...also freaked me out lol!

girl80
my hb was allowed in at tmc. depends on yur gynae i guess...

Ava, thks for asking... nw feeding pattern real messy, try to get on the right track.. only nitemare, note feeding, hubby was saying cannot cope he hire another CL for 2 weeks. will update u again on taking care twins.

girl80:
u can approach the Admissions Dept @ KK to get their bill breakdown :p They will advise u the costs involved for natural birth vs csect.

C-section:
according to my gynae, normal Csection i think hubby can go in, unless it's emergency c-section (that time i got contractions and need to c-section in advance so hubby not allowed...but maybe depend on your gynae la)

Ava:
I very SUAY leh...i'm the only one who feed the twins till they merlion!! Everybody else (hubby/MIL/mum/CL) did it ok!! *sigh...guess i'm better at washing milk bottles than feeding..
sad.gif
*sad

Purebliss:
You said it right - MESSY is the word to my twins' feeding pattern!!! sometimes feed in 'instalments' also..like drink 20ml, zzz, wake up 1/2hr later and finish remaining 40ml...is this ok ah?

quick question: babies are 'supposed' to drink every 3 hours? but my gal seem to want to drink every 2hrs+..not drinking a lot also (still@ 70ml)... is this alright?

C-section
Mine was emergency c-sect and hb was allowed. But if ur gynae said no, then he probably doesnt like it.

Feeding
I gave up direct latching at week 2 and now express and bottle feed-50% EBM 50% FM.

-7am bottle feed one then the other, or together if someone is helping me (maid or hb)
- 9.30am bathe
- 10am feed
-1+ feed
-4+ feed
-6pm wash
-7pm feed
- 7.45 sleep
-10/11pm feed
- 3am feed

I now give between 90-110ml per feed (now week 8) which lasts 2.5-3 hours (this was from week 7 onwards, week 1-6 gave 80-90 ml only)

If bbies are drinking more often (every 2 hours), you can try upping the amount by 5-10 mls to make them fuller.

Girl80, I took A1 in KKH and I paid $1690 deposit at my 37th week. 2 weeks after I gave birth, I received my bill. In total, $5K ++ ,but minus the deposit, antenatal claim and medisave, I had to top up $185 cash only.
happy.gif
Oh, I gave birth naturally at my 38th week. Took epidural. Twins were not retained in NICU.

BB2609, its ok to increase the amount. I feed on demand too. My twins drink a lot, esp the first twin. 120 ml per feed, and we are only at week 4 now. Both twins wake up for their feed every 2-3 hours. However, in order to prevent an orchestra in my room, I will usually feed them before they cry. When I see them fidgeting, I know its milk time. That way, they will not make a fuss and straightaway go back to sleep once full.

Bb2609, my CL left 24 Sept... now only Day 3 and I am all alone handling the twins at nite... one nite can only get 2 hrs of sleep. I manage to space out their feeding time, an hour apart but the problem now is , my twin 1, everytime poo poo already will demand for milk. My twin 2, will poo during the bathe... FAINTZ!!! Now I really feel that I am a walking zombie.. my twins are still sleeping together in the cot... my bbs will wake up every 2hr to 3 hr for milk... zzz

Back