Twins Babies SG

Looking to sell off the breast feeding pillow for twins. Lightly used. Pm me if any mummies interested for your bundle of joy. :)

Hi
I m happy to join this forum. I m 16 wks twin mummy. This is my 2nf pregancy n just 16 wks, i feel so heavy at my pelvic area. Pls share ur experience.

Hello bb_aug! Welcome to the thread..

I am 29 weeks this week. Just came back from the check-up and unfortunately I failed my glucose test :( Have to follow a strict diet and monitor my blood sugar level now till the end of pregnancy.... babies are 1.2kg each now.. getting bigger and more uncomfortable each day. Stretched marks appeared since my 26th week and increasingly became more and itchier...!! Ok, 8 more weeks to go!

Hi rainingcows,
I just in 17wks n walk like penguin aldy. :( Do u wear maternity belt? Thinking of getting one but my colleagues said not so useful. Good for you just 8 more weeks to go.. Everyday getting heavier n feel like I m about to deliver soon. I can't imagine how long I will be able to walk.
Btw, mine is identical twins. How about u? Do u still take folic acid? Do u need to do every 2wks chk up? Sorry for asking lots of qns. :)

Last edited:
Hi rainingcows,
I just in 17wks n walk like penguin aldy. :( Do u wear maternity belt? Thinking of getting one but my colleagues said not so useful. Good for you just 8 more weeks to go.. Everyday getting heavier n feel like I m about to deliver soon. I can't imagine how long I will be able to walk.
Btw, mine is identical twins. How about u? Do u still take folic acid? Do u need to do every 2wks chk up? Sorry for asking lots of qns. :)
Hello Bb_aug, I am at my 23rd week. i think the pelvic pain will be lesser sometime in the 20th week? I had pelvic pain during my 16th week to around 18th or 20th week and after that, I felt ok. it was not painful anymore.. I guess it was the position of the baby and also the body sort of gotten used to it? i bought the maternity belt but i felt uncomfortable and i feel hot wearing it. i also walk like a penguin.. so I try not to put on too much weight. I try not to eat too much carbo, but tried to eat more protein and vegetable and fruits. hopefully that will help me not gain too much unnecessary weight and then probably helps in walking.

Hi rainingcows,

I wear this Blooming Marvellous maternity support belt i got from Mothercare (https://www.mothercare.com/Blooming...rt-Belt/LU3356,default,pd.html#q=support belt) during their sale. I don't wear it often.. sometimes too hot but it's rather comfortable.. it's like a tube bra for the belly.. haha.

I also feel like penguin since don't know when. Just take it easy - don't chase for the bus/ MRT/ traffic light etc. The difficulty comes at night when I can't sleep due to the pressure of the tummy on my internal organs/ back, esp. the lungs and I can't breathe really well. Very hot also and I need to turn on the air-con most of the time. Maybe you can do some light stretching, or get your hubby/ someone to give you some leg and shoulder massages.. make me feel better most of the time :)

Mine are non-identical boys :) You are one of the rare ones with identicals! I still take folic acid and many others like multi-vitamins, fish oil, calcium. I also take Nifedipine and Duphaston which my gynae prescribed to prevent early labour. My check-ups have been once every 4 weeks, now going to be once every 3 weeks.

Hi ladies,
Thanks for sharing. I don't know why my gynae asked me to stop taking folic acid. How many dosage u take a day? Some said two pills per day cuz of twins. Yes I m taking multi-v, fish oil n calcium. Every two weeks check up is really costly. Where do u see ur gynae? Mine is at kkh. How ur preparation like? Do u guys plan to buy twin stroller? I seriously don't know how to take care of twins :p

Hi ladies,
Thanks for sharing. I don't know why my gynae asked me to stop taking folic acid. How many dosage u take a day? Some said two pills per day cuz of twins. Yes I m taking multi-v, fish oil n calcium. Every two weeks check up is really costly. Where do u see ur gynae? Mine is at kkh. How ur preparation like? Do u guys plan to buy twin stroller? I seriously don't know how to take care of twins :p
Hi:
I also dont take folic acid already. i think it is only required for the first trimester. i am taking iron pills, calcium and fish oil prescribed by my pte gynae. Surprising at KKH, the gynae did not prescribe these to me. my pte gynae said that it is impt to take iron pills cos many pregnant women with twins become anaemic by the 30th week.. I am seeing my previous gynae at Thomson and at the same time got a place in KKH just in case i need to deliver in KKH due to premature. But i am quite disappointed in KKH. waiting time is very long and they always make me go for scans and seeing doc at different days. :( oh, btw, i am haveing non-identical twin boys too. So , i will have 3 boys at home.. my first one was also a boy - now 3 yrs old..

I wear this Blooming Marvellous maternity support belt i got from Mothercare (https://www.mothercare.com/Blooming-Marvellous-Maternity-Support-Belt/LU3356,default,pd.html#q=support belt) during their sale. I don't wear it often.. sometimes too hot but it's rather comfortable.. it's like a tube bra for the belly.. haha.

I also feel like penguin since don't know when. Just take it easy - don't chase for the bus/ MRT/ traffic light etc. The difficulty comes at night when I can't sleep due to the pressure of the tummy on my internal organs/ back, esp. the lungs and I can't breathe really well. Very hot also and I need to turn on the air-con most of the time. Maybe you can do some light stretching, or get your hubby/ someone to give you some leg and shoulder massages.. make me feel better most of the time :)

Mine are non-identical boys :) You are one of the rare ones with identicals! I still take folic acid and many others like multi-vitamins, fish oil, calcium. I also take Nifedipine and Duphaston which my gynae prescribed to prevent early labour. My check-ups have been once every 4 weeks, now going to be once every 3 weeks.

raining cows- hello!!
when will the doc start to prescrive nifedipine and duphaston to prevent early labour? i only ate duphaston during the first few weeks of pregnancy. and after that the doc didnt prescribe that to me anymore.. I get leg cramps at night more often nowadays.. do you? any remedies?

raining cows- hello!!
when will the doc start to prescrive nifedipine and duphaston to prevent early labour? i only ate duphaston during the first few weeks of pregnancy. and after that the doc didnt prescribe that to me anymore.. I get leg cramps at night more often nowadays.. do you? any remedies?

hello! The doc started to prescribe me duphaston in my 20th week onwards (this one is the most costly tiny pill I am eating.. lol). Then nifedipine since my 24th week. He just increased my dosage after I cleared off the side effects of the lower dosage (headaches, muscle aches, nausea etc).

I find that I get lesser leg cramps if I eat my calcium pill at night just before I go to sleep. Maybe you can try?

Hi ladies,

I take the folic acid that I bought from GNC myself.. just continue taking.. doc didn't say have to stop or anything also. I take one pill only of the higher dosage.. can't remember how much is it now.

I see my gynae at TMC. I didn't buy twin stroller.. I have 2 separate strollers now, and I got one baby carrier (I bought this Korean brand called Pognae) and I have a sling that someone handed down to me. I am also in the process of getting a maid.. and my mum will be supervising the maid and taking care of my babies. So far this is the arrangement.. we will see how it works out. ;)

nimiuhek, we share the same. I am having non-identical twin boys and my 1st 1 also boy 2yrs old.
I am with KKH, my gynae gave me iron pills since 2nd tri. I also was told to stop folic acid since my gynae gave me multi vitamins which also contain folic acid. So far for my appts in KKH, the nurses are very nice they will try to arrange both scan and doc appt same day, so that I dont have to come twice.
MB you can ask the nurse to help you do the same?
so far m quite ok with the waiting time, they will give me early appt which lesser pple and I get to be the 1st to do my scan.
My gyane is Dr Goh SL, so far so good everything is gg smoothly, last scan bb weight both reasonable.

nimiuhek, was your 1st c-sect or natural?

I like to check with twin mummy here, when do you all start your bedrest? I heard a lot of pple telling me by 7mth, cant move have to lay on bed. Is this true?
So far for me I am still quite active, I still carry my boi and also just went overseas holiday :)
I m afraid of the bedrest, cz I dont 1 to miss the time spend with my boy.

nimiuhek, we share the same. I am having non-identical twin boys and my 1st 1 also boy 2yrs old.
I am with KKH, my gynae gave me iron pills since 2nd tri. I also was told to stop folic acid since my gynae gave me multi vitamins which also contain folic acid. So far for my appts in KKH, the nurses are very nice they will try to arrange both scan and doc appt same day, so that I dont have to come twice.
so far m quite ok with the waiting time, they will give me early appt which lesser pple and I get to be the 1st to do my scan.
My gyane is Dr Goh SL, so far so good everything is gg smoothly, last scan bb weight both reasonable.

I like to check with twin mummy here, when do you all start your bedrest? I heard a lot of pple telling me by 7mth, cant move have to lay on bed. Is this true?
So far for me I am still quite active, I still carry my boi and also just went overseas holiday :)
Hi:
my first was natural. my gynae was telling me it is better to go for c section for twins because twins are usually smaller in size and when the first one gets delivered, there will be alot of space created for the 2nd one and it being smaller, the position may change and end up may have to have emergency csection..
do you see your doc at TPS or clinic A. somehow, they always put me at clinic A. I requested for TPS. my waiting time was very long. my doc at KKH is June Tan.i didnt carry my boy cos he is abt 16kg and i have no strength.. and i try not go just in case that will trigger any contractions or premature delivery.

wanda- how many weeks are you now?

My doc is at TPS,was auto told to go there.Carry heavy things will trigger contractions? If so i think i also better stop carrying my boy.I m at 26th week.

Hi:
I also dont take folic acid already. i think it is only required for the first trimester. i am taking iron pills, calcium and fish oil prescribed by my pte gynae. Surprising at KKH, the gynae did not prescribe these to me. my pte gynae said that it is impt to take iron pills cos many pregnant women with twins become anaemic by the 30th week.. I am seeing my previous gynae at Thomson and at the same time got a place in KKH just in case i need to deliver in KKH due to premature. But i am quite disappointed in KKH. waiting time is very long and they always make me go for scans and seeing doc at different days. :( oh, btw, i am haveing non-identical twin boys too. So , i will have 3 boys at home.. my first one was also a boy - now 3 yrs old..

Hi,

I just find out that mine is identical twins girls. I have one 15 months old girl at home . Means 3 girls. :)

Oh dear..
Why doc asked u to go c sect? I m so scare to go c sect too :(. Really hoping to go for natural.
Hi bb_aug

Dr say now both baby position is side way so she say as what she see now is mostly c sect :( but my 2 previous is natural birth i hope this time also pray hard for uu and me :)

Hi bb_aug

Dr say now both baby position is side way so she say as what she see now is mostly c sect :( but my 2 previous is natural birth i hope this time also pray hard for uu and me :)
my dr also advise me to c sect.. cos she say twins are generally smaller each.. then when one come out naturally.. create alot of space.. then the second one will have alot of space and we wun know how it will turn out to be.. maybe in that few min, bb 's position will change and then second one cannot come out naturally.. i hear already got scare i just say ok to c section... is it true? anyone has experience to share?

shirlenelovesr3, side way meaning?

My last scan both are on double deck, 1 up and 1 down. I ask the gynae whether can natural. She said the bottom 1 must be at least head down for natural.
nimiuhek, mb nxt appt I will ask my gynae about the 2nd one when there is too much space after 1st 1 is delivered.

my dr also advise me to c sect.. cos she say twins are generally smaller each.. then when one come out naturally.. create alot of space.. then the second one will have alot of space and we wun know how it will turn out to be.. maybe in that few min, bb 's position will change and then second one cannot come out naturally.. i hear already got scare i just say ok to c section... is it true? anyone has experience to share?
Ya dr told me that too she sau scare 1 natural another 1 hv to c sect so my hub ask me go fer c sect better , safer for the bb aso :) now only see this next 2 visit see wat dr say

shirlenelovesr3, side way meaning?

My last scan both are on double deck, 1 up and 1 down. I ask the gynae whether can natural. She said the bottom 1 must be at least head down for natural.
nimiuhek, mb nxt appt I will ask my gynae about the 2nd one when there is too much space after 1st 1 is delivered.
Hi wanda
Both lyin like this way // :) but maybe wait fer my next thur scan see how? Reali hope can natural birth

Hi bb_aug

No worries. keep rubbing your tummy and talk to them. Some more u still got time to talk to them ;). Miracle can be happened.:) Last time I did that for my 1st girl in delivery room. Miracle really happened to me. Jiayo !!!

Hi everyone, I also expecting twins (EDD: Sep 2014). I am now in my 14 weeks.
I just sent a request to join the FB group. Pls add me.. Thanks!

I'm in my week 31. One girl is 1.6kg and the other is 1.7kg.
I'm expecting MC twins.
Just to share with you what my doctor said about delivery.

At first she encouraged natural if possible but during yesterday's consultation, she advised us to consider caesarean because there is more risk if i were to deliver natural. My husband and i decided not to risk having a natural delivery for the first one and then got stuck at the second one and then having to opt for emergency c sec. The first girl is head down but the second one is in transverse so far.

Hence we have decided to go for week 36 delivery with Caesarean.

I also asked if i could delay my delivery to as late as possible because "36 weeks is so early".
The doctor advised that my twins are growing well so far, if i were to hold on delivery to later, the blood flow may be not optimum for the growth of the babies because they are sharing the same placenta. Hence it's not exactly a case of "later is better" for mine.

Oh. I have also put on 20kg so far. I feel so huge.

Something else to share.

Twin mommies please consider getting an insurance covered for yourself because there are more complications for twin births. There are plans by Prudential and AXA and they cover a small portion of the hospital bills in case the babies need to be warded in NICU or have some complications. I paid about 585 for 6 years from AXA's mum's advantage. It's a one time premium and it's very worth it for twin mommies like us because the cover applies to twins as well and we do not have to pay double for the premium just because we have 2 babies. It's not very easy to get the insurance for moms like us because of the known "higher risks" for multiple pregnancies but i managed to get an all clear. So my husband and i were quite relieved.

I'm in my week 31. One girl is 1.6kg and the other is 1.7kg.
I'm expecting MC twins.
Just to share with you what my doctor said about delivery.

At first she encouraged natural if possible but during yesterday's consultation, she advised us to consider caesarean because there is more risk if i were to deliver natural. My husband and i decided not to risk having a natural delivery for the first one and then got stuck at the second one and then having to opt for emergency c sec. The first girl is head down but the second one is in transverse so far.

Hence we have decided to go for week 36 delivery with Caesarean.

I also asked if i could delay my delivery to as late as possible because "36 weeks is so early".
The doctor advised that my twins are growing well so far, if i were to hold on delivery to later, the blood flow may be not optimum for the growth of the babies because they are sharing the same placenta. Hence it's not exactly a case of "later is better" for mine.

Oh. I have also put on 20kg so far. I feel so huge.

Something else to share.

Twin mommies please consider getting an insurance covered for yourself because there are more complications for twin births. There are plans by Prudential and AXA and they cover a small portion of the hospital bills in case the babies need to be warded in NICU or have some complications. I paid about 585 for 6 years from AXA's mum's advantage. It's a one time premium and it's very worth it for twin mommies like us because the cover applies to twins as well and we do not have to pay double for the premium just because we have 2 babies. It's not very easy to get the insurance for moms like us because of the known "higher risks" for multiple pregnancies but i managed to get an all clear. So my husband and i were quite relieved.
thanks Yuffie for the info. and have a safe and smooth delivery. where will u be delivering at?

nimiuhek I'm delivering at KK.

Dear Yuffie,

Glad to know that you are doing great with your mc twins. :)
I am having MC twins as well. I at 20 wks (delivering at kkh too) and full scan check up show that one of baby is smaller than other by 21% and my placenta is low :( . I am quite stressful about this. Do you mind share me how to gain weigh for babies and me :p.
I just gain less than 5kg so far. :(

Hi Bb_aug, dont be stressed.
By 20th week, gaining about 5kg is still ok i think. I heard of people who gained a total of only 9kg for twin preg and they are not obese to begin with but babies are still healthy. Dont stress yourself and relax and relax. I dont know if low placenta is a concern at this stage. When i did my scan during the earlier part of the pregnancy, the doc also said placenta looks low. but somehow, after a few weeks, when the position changed, it was ok. so don't worry too much.. I think worrying and stress will make you have lesser appetite too..so relax and you will be able to eat more and gain more weight.. maybe eat many many small meals so that you can eat more and eat healthy food and drink more milk to gain the weight. my doc keep telling me to not gain too much weight but instead gain the weight gradually..so i think you are doing fine...

Hi Twinnies mummy to be, I am expecting twins too and is currently in kkh seeing dr June tan 1st time next week. Anyone with her? She seems to be a very very busy woman. How far apart is your next aptm after seeing her? Heard twins aptm should see her at shorter interval. Do I have to prepare questions for her during my aptm or she will ownself advice me? Not sure about her style hope to hear some advice :) thanks ladies :)

Hi yuffie, I'm contemplating on insurance. can't find axa's info. Do u have a contact for axa that I can call?

Would like to compare between axa and prudential.
Thanks!

Dear Yuffie,

Glad to know that you are doing great with your mc twins. :)
I am having MC twins as well. I at 20 wks (delivering at kkh too) and full scan check up show that one of baby is smaller than other by 21% and my placenta is low :( . I am quite stressful about this. Do you mind share me how to gain weigh for babies and me :p.
I just gain less than 5kg so far. :(

Hi bb_aug. When i was in my first trimester i gained only 3kg i think. my second trimester was where i put on the bulk of my weight. I was eating.. alot. and drinking alot of water but still constantly feeling thirsty. I cant advise you on what to eat because i eat my regular full meals (towards the end of my second trimester) be it chicken rice or nasi bryani .. prata of whatever. I was also vomitting but i still continue to eat what i like. sharifah (one of the regular here who started the twins facebook) said to eat oats which i think you could give it a try. I bought the oats and mix with milk to eat but i don like it.

If you think your slow weight gain is an issue, you must seek advise from your doctor who can advise you if that is a problem. I was also concerned about my huge weight gain but my doctor said it's not a concern. Most important is the babies weight. Remember to ask the sonographer to calculate the estimated weight for you. Then you can compare with the recommended weight for twins.

There was once where my babies weight was more than 20% difference. But they will pick up the weight somehow. Because during my subsequent bi-weekly checkups and scans, i have 0% weight difference, 7%, 13% 18% etc etc. Don't worry too much because all these are estimation and will only be a cause for alarm if the weight difference stay at the high 30% difference (which may need to deliver as advised by the doctor at the ADC).

As for low placenta, i also got that. But towards the later stage of my pregnancy (which is now) my placenta moved up so it's no more concern.

Hi Twinnies mummy to be, I am expecting twins too and is currently in kkh seeing dr June tan 1st time next week. Anyone with her? She seems to be a very very busy woman. How far apart is your next aptm after seeing her? Heard twins aptm should see her at shorter interval. Do I have to prepare questions for her during my aptm or she will ownself advice me? Not sure about her style hope to hear some advice :) thanks ladies :)

Dr June is very busy. need to wait at least 2 hours to see her. Prepare questions to ask her because she doesnt have much to say. She's quite cautious so if you ask her anything she will immediately arrange for tests (if any) to be done to verify. Can be quite costly. For twins, we'll have to see her once every 2 weeks. HTHs!

Hi yuffie, I'm contemplating on insurance. can't find axa's info. Do u have a contact for axa that I can call?

Would like to compare between axa and prudential.
Thanks!

Hi you may want to contact Cherie at 90682869. She is from AXA. Should be able to advise you. If you signed up for Thomson FBI package, they actually tie up with AXA and they will call you up. Hope that helps. Quite a very nice lady. But do be aware that it is not easy to get approval for the insurance depending on your medical report. For twins mommies, we need to submit our latest medical report and get all clear before it is approved before 32 weeks.

Dear nimiuhek and yuffie,
I really do appreciate your kindness and wise advice. I am trying my best to gain baby weight. Your advice is really meant a lot to me
Love u ladies :)

Dr June is very busy. need to wait at least 2 hours to see her. Prepare questions to ask her because she doesnt have much to say. She's quite cautious so if you ask her anything she will immediately arrange for tests (if any) to be done to verify. Can be quite costly. For twins, we'll have to see her once every 2 weeks. HTHs!
i am seeing June tan too. She doesnt talk much so you need to ask questions. Even though I am twin preg, but i dun get to see her every 2 weeks,it is more like every 4 to 5 weeks that i am seeing her because. i also dunno why she didnt request for me to see her every 2 weeks. probably because she is busy?

i am seeing June tan too. She doesnt talk much so you need to ask questions. Even though I am twin preg, but i dun get to see her every 2 weeks,it is more like every 4 to 5 weeks that i am seeing her because. i also dunno why she didnt request for me to see her every 2 weeks. probably because she is busy?

When is your edd? So you seeing her at tps or clinic a?

That's good news! That means you are very stable in your pregnancy i believe? Are you MC or DC twins? how many weeks are you?
I only managed to skip her once in my second trimester. Before and after that, i see her twice a month.

Hi yuffie,
U see june tan every 2wks means after ur adc finished then u go to see her again? My gynae is kt tan n she don't see me at the time being. But I heard start from 30wks onwards, we need to see her every weeks?
I think only mc twins need to go for check up biweekly?

Back