Trying to conceive for a 2016 Baby

I went to a TCM near Kovan. His charges only on medicine cost 1 bottle ard $32. Used to see him after period and will prescribe me medicine to drink ovulation period only. After ovulation can go see him again and he will prescribe other medicine for 2WW.

The TCM is called Heng Chinese Physician at Highland Centre.

my AF due on 5th. I did a test earlier and I see the faintest line.. hopefully there's good news..

Hi, I am trying to conceive too. When you go KK for the check mostly can claim medisave? I thinking to go for the checking...was looking at Thomson fertility clinic but don't think their package can deduct from medisave..am quite lost.
Ya..my hubby & I jus went for a check up last mth at mt alvernia. .can't deduct..

Yup I first went to a gynae for that, but no fibroid nor cyst found, suspected endometriosis as I have all the symptoms but again it would be too tiny to see, and the HSG also didn't show anything. Oh by the way I have a retroverted uterus, something about it facing the other way.
Hi babe, what type of symptoms u have to lead to suspecting endometriosis? I have been ttc but to no avail, I first went to dr Khoo in kkh on suspicion of endometriosis but he said my mensus r so regular and flow isn't heavy he referred me to iui. I did 4 iui 1ivf but failed. I have backache as pms and usually my pms cramps will last for a week until mensus come then cramps will go away. Endo symptoms differ for everyone but just checking if u have heavy irregular period? I switched from subsidised to priv under dr Tan hh and he suggested a laparoscopy to diagnose if there's endometriosis or not cos of my significant cramps.. I'm not sure if I should go for it or seek second opinion cos dr Khoo didn't want me to do a laparoscopy on first place hence refer me to Ivf centre

Hi babe, what type of symptoms u have to lead to suspecting endometriosis? I have been ttc but to no avail, I first went to dr Khoo in kkh on suspicion of endometriosis but he said my mensus r so regular and flow isn't heavy he referred me to iui. I did 4 iui 1ivf but failed. I have backache as pms and usually my pms cramps will last for a week until mensus come then cramps will go away. Endo symptoms differ for everyone but just checking if u have heavy irregular period? I switched from subsidised to priv under dr Tan hh and he suggested a laparoscopy to diagnose if there's endometriosis or not cos of my significant cramps.. I'm not sure if I should go for it or seek second opinion cos dr Khoo didn't want me to do a laparoscopy on first place hence refer me to Ivf centre

i have endometriosis too.
everything was regular for me but it was discovered when I once fainted at work due to my cysts.
I happen to have painful cysts on that day.
I was sent to nearby hospital and doctor do a t/v scan on me and spotted the cysts.
fortunately the cysts were small then so I manage to conceive and give birth to my boy now 18m old.
not sure how big they are now.

endometriosis in Chinese is better known as 子宫内膜异
meaning to say a part of the uterus lining gets deposited elsewhere inside you.
I suspect it is due to our jobs being desk bound, not moving around a lot.
therefore our period is sort of not "cleaned" fully out of us.
this is just my own thinking.

Hi Hopeful,
I have extremely heavy flow just like a running tap, and extremely painful cramps that sometimes cause me to break out in cold sweat and faint. I also have diarrhoea 1/2 days before and during period, painful bowel movements. Backaches all the time and bloating. My period is regular every month and these suffering periods only started being like this early 2014.

Just want to add, I am unsuccessful in conceiving on my 3rd cycle of clomid. should I take a break from clomid, or should i continue?

Hi Hopeful,
I have extremely heavy flow just like a running tap, and extremely painful cramps that sometimes cause me to break out in cold sweat and faint. I also have diarrhoea 1/2 days before and during period, painful bowel movements. Backaches all the time and bloating. My period is regular every month and these suffering periods only started being like this early 2014.

Just want to add, I am unsuccessful in conceiving on my 3rd cycle of clomid. should I take a break from clomid, or should i continue?
Hi, u should probably try seeking consultation with your doc and see if a laparoscopy is essential to check on endometriosis. I don't have heavy flow and in fact my flow lightened since I got married 2 yrs back, regular mensus but my cramps lengthened till at least one week before arrival of mensus and only goes away after arrival of mensus. I used to have cramps so bad I got to lie in bed and if I didn't tke painkiller I end ip in cold sweat and may faint. I also have diarrhoea right before arrival of mensus but this I'm not sure if is a sign of endo as some people do get diarrhoea before mensus as our internal organs r all so near to each other. Some ladies here have regular normal flow yet diagnosed with endo. I haven been successful with 4 iui 1 Ivf despite 2 of my iui yielding good results. Ivf shows no embryo or sperms abnormality hence dr Tan suggested a laparoscopy. I was hesistant for awhile but thinking back on my history of cramps it could well be endometriosis that's causing infertility so I decided to go for laparoscopy end of this month. Seek help earlier if your cramps r getting bad to Endure, there's no point to keep going on clomid if there's an existing underlying issue. Btw clomid can only be taken for a period of about half yr after which one got to stop as it increases risk of ovarian cancer

i have endometriosis too.
everything was regular for me but it was discovered when I once fainted at work due to my cysts.
I happen to have painful cysts on that day.
I was sent to nearby hospital and doctor do a t/v scan on me and spotted the cysts.
fortunately the cysts were small then so I manage to conceive and give birth to my boy now 18m old.
not sure how big they are now.

endometriosis in Chinese is better known as 子宫内膜异
meaning to say a part of the uterus lining gets deposited elsewhere inside you.
I suspect it is due to our jobs being desk bound, not moving around a lot.
therefore our period is sort of not "cleaned" fully out of us.
this is just my own thinking.
Thanks babe for sharing. I have significant cramps and my tcm can't find anything unusual. Been to few Gynaes as well. My tests to date show normality. I decided to go for lap as dr Tan said my cramps r significant

Hi, u should probably try seeking consultation with your doc and see if a laparoscopy is essential to check on endometriosis. I don't have heavy flow and in fact my flow lightened since I got married 2 yrs back, regular mensus but my cramps lengthened till at least one week before arrival of mensus and only goes away after arrival of mensus. I used to have cramps so bad I got to lie in bed and if I didn't tke painkiller I end ip in cold sweat and may faint. I also have diarrhoea right before arrival of mensus but this I'm not sure if is a sign of endo as some people do get diarrhoea before mensus as our internal organs r all so near to each other. Some ladies here have regular normal flow yet diagnosed with endo. I haven been successful with 4 iui 1 Ivf despite 2 of my iui yielding good results. Ivf shows no embryo or sperms abnormality hence dr Tan suggested a laparoscopy. I was hesistant for awhile but thinking back on my history of cramps it could well be endometriosis that's causing infertility so I decided to go for laparoscopy end of this month. Seek help earlier if your cramps r getting bad to Endure, there's no point to keep going on clomid if there's an existing underlying issue. Btw clomid can only be taken for a period of about half yr after which one got to stop as it increases risk of ovarian cancer

Hi Hopeful, have you gone for a HSG to check if your tubes are blocked? My tubes are clear so I guess my gynae did not suggest a lap to check for endometriosis. I vaguely remember I read somewhere that if you have endometriosis and it's not severe, it's best to leave it.

Hi Hopeful, have you gone for a HSG to check if your tubes are blocked? My tubes are clear so I guess my gynae did not suggest a lap to check for endometriosis. I vaguely remember I read somewhere that if you have endometriosis and it's not severe, it's best to leave it.
Hi, hsg is one of the first test kkh doctor had me tested for. My tubes r fine no blockage. One will not know severity of endometriosis until a laparoscopy. Endometriosis can lead to infertility due to scarring of the endometrium tissues growth and may cause organs to stick to each other. Endometriosis growth is not partaining to only blockage of tubes but can be growth inside of ovaries outside of ovaries etc. No doubt best to leave it alone but if it impairs fertility then it shouldn't be left untouched. I had went thru 4 iui 1 Ivf but to no avail. Embryo quality is fine, lining abit on Low side for Ivf but moderate for iui .. Not sure what else is wrong and cause I usually cramp for a week leading up to arrival of af, gynae suggested a laparoscopy

watched the health show on channel 8. it was advised that we should avoid strenuous activity during period. to avoid af backflow.

hi, i trying to conceive for a baby 2016. me and hubby married coming four years. went to see kkh Dr tan hh. do all the test for both we are fine. Results is all good.
dr tan hh said only waiting for the "time" to come for baby.

we cant wait so dr tan hh intro us this so-iui. went brefing in nov, heard not bad. we think and make discussion yest night why not try so-iui and see how.

cause register is pay by cash then rest of it by medisave.

we trying to go for so-iui, tml morning will be collection the injection things and etc.. hope they are good news coming to us.

my period juz came this morning midnight so i called kkivf am i am to book, lucky manage to book. cause i was told my LMP Must be before 14/1/2016. which is yst and i now 3 days early of my period

i doing so-iui under puregon protocol

day 1 onset mense
day 2- day 6 : FSH injection
day 7: ultrasound
day 8: FSH injection and etc...

maybe u all can try dr tan hh. but his appointment very hard to book.

Endo campaign 2016_24 Mar 2016-01.jpg

Based on my LMP I went to see my gynae at my 6th week but turn out to be only my 5th week and gynae only see water bag. Mostly wait till 6th week then can see it.

Good Lucky!! My first pregnancy as well!
Yup indeed. I did my 1st scan at week 6 and saw the sac and yoke and she confirmed baby is on the way!

trying for the 8th month but still no good news. getting very depress. anyone experience it?

Jiayou! I've tried for a year and a half before getting my baby boy. It came when we were on a holiday in Japan, maybe we're relaxed enough So yah, dont stress yourself, dont be depressed! Stay positive!

I went for checkup.. And Doctor suspected endometriosis. He suggested a lap. I'm thinking if I should go ahead with the procedure... Because I do not have really painful menses, my flow is normal, just that fertility check showed that I have uterus facing backwards.... Ladies.. Any suggestion? The doc I'm seeing is Steven Teo.

I went for checkup.. And Doctor suspected endometriosis. He suggested a lap. I'm thinking if I should go ahead with the procedure... Because I do not have really painful menses, my flow is normal, just that fertility check showed that I have uterus facing backwards.... Ladies.. Any suggestion? The doc I'm seeing is Steven Teo.
Hi MissNo. did u do only ultra scan for this check?

Don't be depressed and give up. Keep trying or go for IUI/IVF. I tried for 6.5 years before I got my BFP via IVF.
i dont want to go into the stage of going ivf. what is your suggestion what is the maximum longest time to try naturally before going for ivf. i am 32 yrs old soon

i dont want to go into the stage of going ivf. what is your suggestion what is the maximum longest time to try naturally before going for ivf. i am 32 yrs old soon

It depends on yourself. I tried for a couple of years then did IUI but failed. Then I waited till last yr before I did IVF. By then, I had been married 6.5 years. And IVF is not a sure success so yes, that has to be factored in also. I regretted doing IVF so late though cos I'm 36 this year and I wish for a couple more children but don't know if I'll be too old then.

Selling clear blue ovulation kit -advance digital version. Purple sticks with smiley face. Finally pregnant after trying over 2 years!
Brand new unopened box - 20 sticks. Exp date 01/2017.
Will throw in extra 2 sticks that work with the kit and other brandless independent test kits as well.
Also throwing in clear blue pregnancy test stick. Exp 08/2016. And a few brandless pregnancy test kits.

All for just $85! Includes normal mail. Please contact me..

Sprinkle by dust to all!

It depends on yourself. I tried for a couple of years then did IUI but failed. Then I waited till last yr before I did IVF. By then, I had been married 6.5 years. And IVF is not a sure success so yes, that has to be factored in also. I regretted doing IVF so late though cos I'm 36 this year and I wish for a couple more children but don't know if I'll be too old then.

hi spinsterella, don't give up, 36 is still young. can i check where you did IUI? is it painful?

@the_spinsterella: Just keep a positive mind. I did 3 IUIs and 1 IVF, all failed. I finally got preggy naturally. One is never too old 2 have a baby, d joy d child gives.... Priceless. So, dont give up!!!

@CC C: Pain is relative. If one were to compare IUI and IVF, den IVF has more jabs than IUI.

@tiggerpooh, your reply is really encouraging! i'm happy you are mother of kid now :) i've been trying for a baby over past 4 years. my gynae advice me go for iui after give me last 2 cycle (chance). really wish i have a baby monkey this year because i'm not young anymore :(

Yup not giving up! I'm pregnant with no 1 and my edd is next mth. Hoping I'll get no 2 soon after that.

I did IUI at Thomson women's clinic. It was a bit uncomfortable.. like cramps.

@spinsterella Oooo!!! Fingers cross for u /*\/*\/*\/*\/*\ how much for ur iui? My gynae recommended me do so-iui, the price range 3k-4k. I like my gynae very much, he give me a lot of advices n very patient :)

@spinsterella Oooo!!! Fingers cross for u /*\/*\/*\/*\/*\ how much for ur iui? My gynae recommended me do so-iui, the price range 3k-4k. I like my gynae very much, he give me a lot of advices n very patient :)

Mine was prolly about $800. But I did only once. Then after that I did my IVF at RH with a different gynae.
Yah v impt to get a patient gynae who gives advices and answer your questions!

@the_spinsterella mind to tell me more about procedures of IVF? because i heard the whole "processing" is very not easy..

There's the long or short protocol depending on what your Dr suggest.
I did the long protocol where I did daily Lucrin injections for 6 weeks. Then 2 weeks of stimulating with Puregon which is also daily injections.
After that you will do the egg retrieval and once they are fertilized etc, you will do the embryo transfer.
It's a long process that involves lots of scans etc which means lots of Dr visits. Not easy.. but we got to try our best! :)

@CC C: It wld b gd if u let your boss b aware dat u wld b doing IVF (shld u really decide 2 go 4 it) D frequent scans / doc visits as well as d HL after embryo transfer, u wld b taking time off, leave or MC quite often. I was fortunate 2 have bosses dat were encouraging as they were d ones who wanted me 2 get preggy. N even thu it wasnt successful, they told me 2 try again.

I was taking TCM since last year July. To tiao hormone and pregnancy. Today went scan then realized the effect of adjust hormone is not effective. My fibroid due to excessive female hormones are growing back. Am really sad about it.
Anyone have uterine fibroids and tried IVF?

@CC C: It wld b gd if u let your boss b aware dat u wld b doing IVF (shld u really decide 2 go 4 it) D frequent scans / doc visits as well as d HL after embryo transfer, u wld b taking time off, leave or MC quite often. I was fortunate 2 have bosses dat were encouraging as they were d ones who wanted me 2 get preggy. N even thu it wasnt successful, they told me 2 try again.

@tiggerpooh blessed!!! U must be a nice person because only nice ppl will meet nice ppl :) I spoken to my management that I really eager for a baby after so many attempted but still have no "news". I tell them that I intend to quit to rest n take it easy at home because I foreseen I'll be taking many leave for iui n ivf since gynae already upfront inform me need to monitor closely. But then they advice me don't quit. I don't know does this mean support? I always feel that they don't let me go because lack of manpower instead of appreciate my hard work hahaha
I'm very depressed because I don't know what's wrong with me. Y already ovulated n everything seems ok but then still not conceived yet?

There's the long or short protocol depending on what your Dr suggest.
I did the long protocol where I did daily Lucrin injections for 6 weeks. Then 2 weeks of stimulating with Puregon which is also daily injections.
After that you will do the egg retrieval and once they are fertilized etc, you will do the embryo transfer.
It's a long process that involves lots of scans etc which means lots of Dr visits. Not easy.. but we got to try our best! :)

@the_spinsterella the procedures of ivf is really not easy >_<
Is there anybody same like me? Ovulated n scanned everything ok but then still not successful? :(

@the_spinsterella the procedures of ivf is really not easy >_<
Is there anybody same like me? Ovulated n scanned everything ok but then still not successful? :(

Yup it's not easy but we have to try all we can.

Mine also ovulated and scan everything ok but yes, still not successful.

For me, when I did IVF, out of 15 eggs, only 1 was fertilized normally so I guess my issue should be egg and sperm quality and that could be why I never conceived naturally all these years.

HI, Any one with two kids here? I have two boys already and I have spotting a week ago the same week as menses then it stopped. Could this be stress. We are not ready for a third child and I am worried as allready 35 so kinda of old. Just want to get some views here.. Oh ya to add i want to see a gyne and did ultra sound scans all is normal and the lining is thick and sould shed blood but havent.. NO issues with scans. So wondering wht problem is this...

HI, Any one with two kids here? I have two boys already and I have spotting a week ago the same week as menses then it stopped. Could this be stress. We are not ready for a third child and I am worried as allready 35 so kinda of old. Just want to get some views here.. Oh ya to add i want to see a gyne and did ultra sound scans all is normal and the lining is thick and sould shed blood but havent.. NO issues with scans. So wondering wht problem is this...
At 35 to have a third child is not that old .. I had my third child (girl ) at 37 after having 2 boys .
To conceive is a blessing .. Since it is alrdy A fact , please don't stress about it .
Stay happy and positive and enjoy this beautiful journey .
Wishing you and ur family the very best .

Back