Trying to conceive for a 2016 Baby

Hi, I'm also trying to concieve for 2016 bb.
What is the total mg of folic acid that u girls are consuming on a daily basis? Im eating 5 mg and I hv multi-vit which also has 1 mg folic, not sure if a total of 6 mg is too much.

I did some research.
Folic acid can be found in our everyday food stuffs such as green veggies, milk and the list goes on... Hence our body is capable of flushing out Folic acid, so dun worry :)

i would say hsg is a plus.
sorry if it seems like i am promoting it, lol.
many of my friends got pregnant a few months after hsg. that includes me. it gives me a feeling that it actually "clear" our tubes, giving passage way for sperms to go through.
i have a crazy thought of going for hsg a 2nd time.
i mean, our working life, sitting all the time, who knows if our period is really cleared entirely and naturally.
that's where all our endometrisis come.

I heard of this as well...

Sadly to say it does not apply to me, i did HSG in june but no news till now. Haha.

I guess HSG is useful if your tubes are slightly blocked and it could get unblocked during the process?
But it didn't work for me as well, my tubes are clear.

I'm now waiting for AF's arrival and really dreading it, since early last year my monthly AF draws my life away from me with diarrhoea and massive cramps.

Is anyone else around the same cycle day?

I did some research.
Folic acid can be found in our everyday food stuffs such as green veggies, milk and the list goes on... Hence our body is capable of flushing out Folic acid, so dun worry :)

just to add,
i feel that we cannot totally rely on food to get all of the minerals and vitamins.
a lot of it is destroyed through cooking and also in the process when the raw ingredients are being transported to us.
so i think its good to take supplements, even though much of it might also come out as expensive urine ;)

I guess HSG is useful if your tubes are slightly blocked and it could get unblocked during the process?
But it didn't work for me as well, my tubes are clear.

I'm now waiting for AF's arrival and really dreading it, since early last year my monthly AF draws my life away from me with diarrhoea and massive cramps.

Is anyone else around the same cycle day?

Mine should be mid this month, coming soon...

Have u spoken with ur gynae regarding ur issues?
Massive cramps may be a result of some underlying problems.

Mine should be mid this month, coming soon...

Have u spoken with ur gynae regarding ur issues?
Massive cramps may be a result of some underlying problems.

Yup I first went to a gynae for that, but no fibroid nor cyst found, suspected endometriosis as I have all the symptoms but again it would be too tiny to see, and the HSG also didn't show anything. Oh by the way I have a retroverted uterus, something about it facing the other way.

Yup I first went to a gynae for that, but no fibroid nor cyst found, suspected endometriosis as I have all the symptoms but again it would be too tiny to see, and the HSG also didn't show anything. Oh by the way I have a retroverted uterus, something about it facing the other way.

Oh, this explains ur painful period.

Anyway good luck to all of us.
:)

i have retroverted uterus as well.
my little tyrant is going to be 18m old soon. so i want to give him a sibling in hopes that he will be less of a tyrant lol.
i get super painful periods if i take cold drinks or eat stuff like watermelon a day before my period or on 1st day of my period.

Last edited:
my little tyrant is going to be 18m old soon. so i want to give him a sibling in hopes that he will be less of a tyrant lol.
i get super painful periods if i take cold drinks or eat stuff like watermelon a day before my period or on 1st day of my period.

oh did you take long to conceive your #1?
Gees now I try to cut down on all cold drinks but, I still suffer, whatever man. HAHA
Gynae mentioned it will get better after giving birth, I hope.

My son is 19mo and I also hoping to give him a sibling but already tried for a year still no news. It is very difficult and I really get demoralize seeing the af appears every month.

oh did you take long to conceive your #1?
Gees now I try to cut down on all cold drinks but, I still suffer, whatever man. HAHA
Gynae mentioned it will get better after giving birth, I hope.

i forgot how long i took. but i think it is about 1-2 years. my in laws didnt understand at that time because my sil conceived almost immediately after her wedding.

My son is 19mo and I also hoping to give him a sibling but already tried for a year still no news. It is very difficult and I really get demoralize seeing the af appears every month.

i am not trying to make things worse for u. but my ex schoolmate stopped being the only child 11 years after he was born.

i forgot how long i took. but i think it is about 1-2 years. my in laws didnt understand at that time because my sil conceived almost immediately after her wedding.

My SIL also conceived immediately after their wedding, their children are in primary school now.
I am married for 6yrs+ with no children yet but we only started TTC late last year.
I just like the way how my in-laws are getting anxious for us.

HAaHaha..

My mil will not complains straight into my face, but she will do so to my husband behind my back.

I try to keep light hearted about fertility issue, as I do not want to put myself in the agony of IUI or IVF in order to have children.
That is why I am only on fertility drugs now and did not proceed further.

Few months back I asked my husband, what will happen if we just cannot conceive without undergoing IUI/IVF.
I am amazed by his answer and that is when I stopped being stressed from his parents' expectations.
For my side, my parents are in the neutral standpoint regarding grandchildren issues and hence they do not caused my stress.

Sometimes we can prevent unnecessary stress by communicating with our spouse.

PS: My comment is not intending to target any members. It is my personal opinion and I am trying to ease up the stress level of this thread :) ( I hope it succeed, haha.)

Cheers.

Ppl..
Seems like going for test make us more stress

In my opinion,
there are many other contributing factors besides our test results, such as family/relatives' expectations, work and so on.
Some test results may be negative or nothing much to highlight but at least it can give us directions which also can reflects our health status.

Hence it is important how we handle such test results, and not to feel unnecessary stress which may not do us good.

Cheers.

Dear Ladies.. I am still confused whether should I sign up a body check up package from anyone one of the hospital first ; those couple package to prepare for pregancy type or should I go straight to a gyane and get straight to the point?

As I haven decide which gyane to go to.. As my husband is a SAF personnal so we have the Civil Service Card for subsidy; which only able to use for government hospital.. So I have thinking to look for a gyane at government hospital.

I need some guidance here... thanks

Charnel,

Thankfully, i chanced upon ur post and decided to share my experience. I'm glad im not alone.

One thing that pissed me off with KKH is that the doctors & staffs are so busy which sometimes makes ne wonder if i am still under 'private' scheme. This makes them operate under a set of SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), giving us some standard answers like in ur case of 'every ladies will ovulate in CD15'.
Also the gynaes do not the time to sit down and explain in detail, as there are many others waiting in line.

Nevertheless, let us stay calm & stressfree. Some man's poison may be some man's meat.
Maybe we r just plain unlucky and hope it turns out as a blessing in disguise.

Cheers, have a great Deepavali.

haha! I just went there this morn..same thing. 30 minutes for scan and one hour for 5 mins review. lol. I sat there the whole time hoping to finish this cycle asap so that I dont have to go back there again. LOL

Dear Ladies.. I am still confused whether should I sign up a body check up package from anyone one of the hospital first ; those couple package to prepare for pregancy type or should I go straight to a gyane and get straight to the point?

As I haven decide which gyane to go to.. As my husband is a SAF personnal so we have the Civil Service Card for subsidy; which only able to use for government hospital.. So I have thinking to look for a gyane at government hospital.

Hihi,

if for me, I would choose to go for the pregnancy package. After seeing so many gynae, they really wont do much as they are more into expecting mothers.
I think most important is to do pre-conception check up lst..do all the necessary checks and from there, you can decide where you want to go. :)

If your husband is holding to the CSC, you can only go to KKH as subsidised patient right?

yes.. but not sure should I go to their Preconception Health Clinic or even sign up Well Women General Health Programme package or I go straight away make appointment with a gyane..

Hi Shirley,

For me, we went to polyclinic to get referral letter to SGH O&G for the checks. So far i only had a first appointment which basically asks for medical history and some tests to be done. Now I'm waiting for my 2nd appointment in Dec.

Gambatte jayjayqueenie and Northern lights!

New cycle new start, that's awesome thinking :)

I have a hubby who travels for work and this month he can only be back on the predicted ovulation date, I wonder if we can still catch the eggy!

Baby dust to all. Just to share, for my 1st girl. I was back from my work trip supposedly 1-2 days after my ovulation date but we did it anyway not for baby trying.

Lo and behold, I got preggy. Maybe I ovulated a little late that time.

For this 2nd baby, I'm still breastfeeding and my cycle is haywire and very very long. I thought I am over my dangerous period but who knows, I apparently ovulated about 2 weeks later than my normal cycle.

So, just BD anyway guys and enjoy yourselves. :p

Last edited:
Baby dust to all. Just to share, for my 1st girl. I was back from my work trip supposedly 1-2 days after my ovulation date but we did it anyway not for baby trying.

Lo and behold, I got preggy. May I ovulated a little late that time.

For this 2nd baby, I'm still breastfeeding and my cycle is haywire and very very long. I thought I am over my dangerous period but who knows, I apparently ovulated about 2 weeks later than my normal cycle.

So, just BD anyway guys and enjoy yourselves. :p

thanks.
i guess your ovulation is more or less predictable.

sigh...i am bloated again.

It's not quite possible because he brings school/open teams overseas for CIP, so it depends on those volunteers.
Drink more water and have some ginger tea, supposed to help in gas :)

mine is more like water retention.
i get bloated in my lower half.
i drink a lot of water actually. i suspect its just in the genes.

Don't be sad ladies, the quicker it comes if it needs to, the earlier you can recharge and move to a new cycle.

I'm supposed to ovulate 26/27 nov, but I've fallen quite sick today. Do you think it will affect the chances?

Don't be sad ladies, the quicker it comes if it needs to, the earlier you can recharge and move to a new cycle.

I'm supposed to ovulate 26/27 nov, but I've fallen quite sick today. Do you think it will affect the chances?

Hmm.. Don't know but I think u should still try.. Don't give up any chance..

morning all
my af flow is not as heavy as before for 1st few days.
i worry it might not flow out cleanly towards the end.
i have not seen doctor for this yet.
any solutions? :D

Ladies ... Making bbs is not all about temperature take / charts / when to do or not to do .. Looking at dates / time / charts to do the deed ...etc . That's a lot of stress .. And ur body and minds will not be in sync to produce any results .
Your poor man , most likely will be under even more pressure than you and is not say anything .. Because he wants to 'help ' but it does not help himself much .. When he's just a baby making machine .

Take it easy ..,GO switch off together .
Take a small break or two or three EVEN .
You need not go far or long ... A couple of days at a chalet ( just be on ur own , don't go organising bbq etc ) or Sentosa or Malaysia or Thailand .
When your minds and bodies are relaxed... Just do it !!! Don't refer to charts / look at timings . Just enjoy ur togetherness .
Even a lazy weekend in bed helps .. Don't reach for ur phone the moment you open ur eyes ..
Reach for each other instead .. sleeping IN , enjoy each other's company .
Magic will Happen .
Now go forth and multiply !!
Good luck !!
lol. ;p

Ladies ... Making bbs is not all about temperature take / charts / when to do or not to do .. Looking at dates / time / charts to do the deed ...etc . That's a lot of stress .. And ur body and minds will not be in sync to produce any results .
Your poor man , most likely will be under even more pressure than you and is not say anything .. Because he wants to 'help ' but it does not help himself much .. When he's just a baby making machine .

You need not go far or long ... A couple of days at a chalet ( just be on ur own , don't go organising bbq etc ) or Sentosa or Malaysia or Thailand .
When your minds and bodies are relaxed... Just do it !!! Don't refer to charts / look at timings . Just enjoy ur togetherness .
Even a lazy weekend in bed helps .. Don't reach for ur phone the moment you open ur eyes ..
Magic will Happen .
Good luck !!
lol. ;p

my thinking was like this too.
but u know, everytime when disappointment comes, i will always need an outlet to vent.
in another words to destress.
so i will always say sorry i need to vent.

Magic will Happen .
Good luck !!
lol. ;p

U think it is so easy by relaxing n not thinking of anything it will happen. That's so bullshit I can tell U. If that's the case there wouldn't be so many woman suffering from infertility n seeking help from feetility expert. Some after many yrs of trying and go for check then realised their hb has very low sperm count or even no sperm. Some by doing ivf then realised their egg shell is hard n need ICSI help for sperm to penetrate eggs. Yes miracle do happen but not if U sit there thinking I just relax n try naturally one day it will happen.
N by not charting U are wasting precious egg every mth n may miss the ovulation cycle. Some have pcos who can't even ovulate without the help of med. People who conceived easily tend to think it's so easy. So Pls spare your crap of taking it easy n go for holiday Blah blah.

U think it is so easy by relaxing n not thinking of anything it will happen. That's so bullshit I can tell U. If that's the case there wouldn't be so many woman suffering from infertility n seeking help from feetility expert. Some after many yrs of trying and go for check then realised their hb has very low sperm count or even no sperm. Some by doing ivf then realised their egg shell is hard n need ICSI help for sperm to penetrate eggs. Yes miracle do happen but not if U sit there thinking I just relax n try naturally one day it will happen.
N by not charting U are wasting precious egg every mth n may miss the ovulation cycle. Some have pcos who can't even ovulate without the help of med. People who conceived easily tend to think it's so easy. So Pls spare your crap of taking it easy n go for holiday Blah blah.
My suggestions of distressing and relaxing to most ladies here , has obviously made you upset ?!?
I'm sorry !

My suggestions of distressing and relaxing to most ladies here , has obviously made you upset ?!?
I'm sorry !

It's not upsetting me. I just want to make it known that Pls don't tell your frens struggling with infertility to relax n it will happen. That's the worst advice U can give. Many of them are relaxing for yrs before they start to panic after failing cycle after cycle n trying ways to make it happen.
Ivf is a stressful process and yet many are able to succeed. Stress has nothing to do with it. It's science, luck n timing.

It's not upsetting me. I just want to make it known that Pls don't tell your frens struggling with infertility to relax n it will happen. That's the worst advice U can give. Many of them are relaxing for yrs before they start to panic after failing cycle after cycle n trying ways to make it happen.
Ivf is a stressful process and yet many are able to succeed. Stress has nothing to do with it. It's science, luck n timing.
Point noted.
Wishing everyone here the very best & good luck !!

A lot of people also tell me don't think so much and must relax then things will happen. But in reality it is very difficult also. The stress from not conceiving and seeing others like so easy (society pressure) is already in our mind.

Back