TOA PAYOH mummies

Char

I'm not using the 3M sponge, but using the japanese type of sponge, I think works the same as 3M.

Is white in colour like stylofoam one, just wet it and scrub. But hor, I realise if you scrub any longer hor, the paint will come off and even on my floor tiles, a part of it will be lighter shade also.

precious,
sure, will post here when pasar malam starts. dun intend to have no. 2 so soon yet.
happy.gif

dor,
how about? since your hb asked u about baby no.2....
happy.gif

j-foo,
it was me who asked about the natural remedies. thnx for sharing. re; rice water, do u throw away the 1st rinse and then collect the water from 2nd rinse? where to get the 'chuan bei fen'? do u have remedy for removing phlegm? sorry for asking so many questions.

ryes,
thnx for sharing the TCM recipe for removing phlegm. the white part looks like styrofoam and the other side is blue. yeah, the paint and plaster does come off after scrubbing but the scrubbed area in my case is not so obvious.

white lady,
isn't your boy at jessin's playgroup? thought they have nursery/kindergarten there too?

char,

2 weeks ago my bb coughing n got phelgm, i gave this Eu yang sang Hou Ning, after 1 bottle, not much phelgm already, she took 2 bottles to clear everything.

But quite pricey, 1 bottle like that $66, ntuc card or Eu yang sang member got 5%

2374458.jpg

i heard Yu Guo is good. My friend staying near there says a lot of patients always. How many visits of tui na is usually recommended huh? I may try the pear n rock sugar method this weekend then..

just to share abt eating habits. i think it's true abt the terror 2 stage and it'll PASS! (good news! Ha!)
my son was very terrible at 2-3+. Besides certain food like macaroni and cheese, oats, at times fried rice.. he practically dun eat meat, egg, porridge. If i try to feed him rice, at a stage, it was just plain rice with nothing. I have to cut veggie so small to hide inside the rice. i tried all ur methods to feed (pinch, squeeze the mouth open, pry open from behind him, reward him, threaten, watch tv, carry, hide n seek) but i dun look fwd to each meal time lei..
then i realise he likes mee hoon kuay so once a week he gets to eat that. also found out he likes certain soups so i just feed plain rice with soup. next was ikan bilis so he gets plain rice with veggie (cut finely) n ikan bilis. after that ketchup.
it's easier too if u starve them for a longer while before meal ie no milk/snacks like 2 hrs b4 eating. get them to be active (playground or stretching, watever) so they get hungry..
he's 4 now, it's improving cos he'll ask for chicken rice (w/o chicken) n finish all the rice. (keeping my fingers crossed).. my sils were so impressed that he was just eating plain rice but no choice leh..
i've so many sleepless nites trying to think what to cook for him and means to get him eat. in the end i found out some of his fave foods and just rotate them instead. meanwhile intro new food slowly to him..

Dor,
ya i'm using the red packaging one. to mesh it nicely, u can pour the oat mixture into a pan and cook over a small fire for 1 min.. if it becomes too thick, add more water.. :p

sorry, where to get the sponge to wipe off pen marks off the wall? my son found a pen and happily drew a picture on the wall one day. 1st time he did it and i almost fainted. it's the normal ballpoint black pen.. sob sob.. my newly painted wall..

mummies who are trying to teach this kiddies to hold pens.. according to my son's teacher, u should start off with pens/markers/pencils in octagon or trangular shapes. not those rounded/smooth pencils as these are difficult to grip.

char, if my son climbs like ur gal did n fell down.. usually we'll laugh at him and tell him very good now u taste the pain.. after that of cos sayang him and explain why he shouldnt climb la..

Precious & Ryes,
You could chk out this link for more info, i ordered this set; http://www.shop.panasiabooks.com/index.php?cPath=5&osCsid=7d0d4b3a310ee40ddfdf2456f8ad5c54

Char,
.....still considering hahaha! can be quite tiring mentally and physically. am tat sort cant stay home and face the kids the entire day, think i'll go gaga leh. also there r other factors to consider, if no. 2 comes along perhaps i gotta quit my job, plus my job nature needs travelling another hurdle to cross again. alternatively i may let my nanny look after both if she's ok wif it. sometime is good nt to think so much rite....let nature tks its cause.

Mummies,
thanks for sharing all these remedy abt curing cough n phelgm v good info to know.

Miin,
Wow, u very kunghu leh try all sorts of method and receipe. U can try pork or fish floss mix in his rice or porridge, most kids love it coz its sweet and tasty. My gal nt very advanturious when come to fruits, she'll 'examine' b4 letting me put into her mouth ;S

JTS, usually i'll marinate the mince pork, fish slice with a little sesame oil, oyster sauce or kikkoman soya sauce before cooking to add a little taste to it. At times, i'll steam the mince pork wif black sauce (with a little soup base)and add onto the plain rice.
Mash potato, pumkin with cheese, mince meat and veg is my favorate dish to prepare for lazy mom like me heehee! Coz I can prepare for 2 meals portion esepcially when we r going out till late evening and i dun want her to eat o/side food, all i nd is to heat up the pre-cooked mash potato and put it into the hot flask, wowlah!

Wow, this thread is moving fast.

Precious, must learn from you all the activities you have to occupy your gal. You teach your gal as well?

aiyo dor, when ur kid dun eat, have to try all sorts of means lor.. including being a clown.. haha.. i'm trying to intro him to more food leh.. my son is more angmoh type and gal is chi-na type.. headache mah.. haha

orangeymum,
i gave my gal hou ning to try b4 but didnt seem to work very well for her. actually the phlegm she has are mostly stuck at the back of her nose/throat whc makes her cough sometimes. so duno wat else helps.

miin,
thnx for sharing. aiyo, my gal only eats her lunch willingly and she doesnt want to eat breakfast and dinner. breakfast i let her skip cos since she wakes up quite late and her milk feed is 2-3hrs away from lunch time. but for dinner, i've to force her to eat. every evening is a struggle, even though her last milk feed b4 dinner is 3-4hrs. really have no clue why she doesn't want to eat dinner.

Babe
Teach? Not really.
One good thing about her is she loves to ask questions etc: what, why, how...
Once she asked me why the moon always has different shapes\.
But I try to make learning fun for her.

Dor
You ordered the books online too?
Does it include free delivery?

Miin
I bought a pencil grip for her.

Orangeeymum
Most important, her phelgm is getting better.
In Spore, once the child is sick, it is all about $

Precious,
Is my hb who oredered sometime ago during their Road Show. If am not wrong everything included but good to chk again b4 u place order. Btw, wat's Kidsloft website? I tried searching but dun seems to be their official site leh.

precious,
it's good that kids are inquisitive. luckily she didn't ask u how to spell the letter 'B'. my younger sis once put that question to me when she was young and so i told her it's just 'B', no spelling to it but she kept insisting that there must be one. faintz!

very true about a sick child.....i dread it whenever my gal gets sick whc means more expenses. each mth's damage can be few hundred. the highest was $800 when she had pneumonia last nov.
sad.gif

dear mummies ,

how much is Shaws pre-school ? I m interested in LSH , but need to wait till july or august before they could answer me whether got space anot , then i was thinking , by that time , if no space , then i wont be able to get a good scohol ... so stress ...

Been thinking of Ascension too , good ?

anyone of you heard before this website?
www.WINKtoLEARN.com

they have the DVD which shows chinese flashcards..pls advice me leh, do you think I sld invest in it?

It would come up to abt 7 DVDS at $131.30..as much as I would prefer to be the flasher myself, is hard to find flashcards with huge chinese words leh.

Ryes,
To be frank is not advisable to let your kids sit infront of the TV for too long, as well as, learn thru watching dvds no doubt they do pick-up a lot fm there. Is good to cultivate and incoroporate interactive learning as well instd of 1 way traffic.

Dor,

yeah, i know too much tv no good, but har, if i bo bian, no choice, then ...sigh...maybe i go popular and search first before making the decision.

Whitelady, arbo hor, u can throw $50 in to register first in other good schs. Then if by later of the year, LSH got seats, then just forego the $50 nia lor.

Ryes ,

good idea also ... but hor , the schools i see , like all more than $50 ! hahaha ... they need to pay school fees one ... ur kids going to ascension right ?

Char ,

ya , my boy in Jessin , but i feel that they are not teaching alot leh ... or maybe my expectation too high , haha ... and 1 thing i dont like is , when they bring the K1 n K2 kids for outing , then no class for Nursery leh .... i feel is not fair lor ... then they happy then close class , me very mafan lor , haha

And actually thinking of the TPY methodist church , but comment like not very good leh ... so now very headache

$50 before GST..with GSt is $53.50, just throw $50, secure place first.

They wont ask u pay sch fee or deposit so early. Like ascension, aug then they will send letter ask u pay.

Hey hey, did anyone get back where to get the kumon maze/tracing paper?

Ryes ,

ya hor , ur kid going to ascension hor , i call just now , asking for afternooon class , but the person in charge not in ... think i call tmr again .... you went to the school see arleady ? good ?

Hi all, im 1st time mom and wondering any one know of good babysitter in toa payoh?

Also anyone had put your baby in infant care? Any recommendations?

char, i koe wat u mean.. each visit to GP costs ard 50. heartache lei.. if get well, ok.. if dun recover, more headache.. i even bought hand sanitizer at home.. make sure i wash hands, try not to share food n water.. but sometimes difficult lei.. when meimei crave for kor kor food.. haiz..

ryes, my take to buy or not to buy is will u actively play the dvds to ur child too. no point buy then seldom play.. i spent a bomb on leapfrog dvds.. sometime my son insists wanna watch other shows, i'll still put on leapfrog for him.. ignore him.. hahaha.. do u have sample of how the chinese dvd is like?? i'm curious too.. cos his chinese is so poor. .

Hi! Ivy,
Welcome to this thread. Not long ago i recommended one of a bbysitter to some mummies in this thread however, nt sure if they engage her service. She's fomerly a tr. werking at the same infantcare where i used to put my gal. She's in her mid 40s spks eng/mandarin. If u r interested can PM me.

miin,
sorry i missed your question about the sponge. it's 3M scotch brite, called the easy erasing pad, it's blue and white in color. be warned that if the graffiti is quite bad, u may need to use more than 1 pad as u use only the white part and it wears off. that day i used up 3 pads when my gal did her masterpiece on the wall. but if kena the floor then its a breeze to clean.

dor,
i know wat u mean about having to think twice about having no.2. me also letting nature take its course.
happy.gif
can share more about your minced meat, pumpkin recipe?

white lady,
ic. i was actually thinking of jessin when my gal is ready for school cos nearby my plc.

Char ,

Hi , jessin at blk 122 is ok , big , but for bursery classes , all will go to blk 85 , very small , no play ground all those , the space is like a shop , u open the door , is their classroom , tables all those ... i dont really like it ...

White lady, my gal in K1 now. I am considering her for the LSH on the hill for next year cos is near my workplace. 2 of my colleagues place their kids there and they are quite happy with the teachers there.
Branded pre-school usually have slightly better standard but then I feel it depends on the individual teacher at each branch too.

Miin, thanks for sharing abt the type of pencil to use. My gal 4+ year liao and teacher feedback still cannot grip and write properly even with dotted lines...faint. And teacher ask me to make her practice at home...aiyo!

Precious, you meniton pencil grip. Is it those rubbery stuff that you can slip the pencils in? Can get from popular?

Dor, too big a gap for no. 2 also headache cos you will be so comfortable with the elder one liao, plus the needs of both will be very different.
BTW, the MOE wbsite list the pre-school by popularity? I only see the links on the qualification/fee of each pree-school or list by alphabetical order. Maybe too tired at this hour, going to zzzzzzzzz

Precious,

great! i took a glance of the chinese flashcards, looks good...but thomson plaza far for me leh

hi Ling ,

you have to be on a waiting list , i went on sat , they told me on waiting list till august then can let me know ...

thanks ryes.. actually the dvd quite boring for me lei,... hehehe.. i cant imagine the kid sit there just see the pic and words over and over again.. hehe.. i prefer them to learn thru songs and stories instead.. sthg like leapfrog where there's a storyline

ling, my son same age as urs.. he keeps gripping the pencil wrongly too.. i din get him any gripper. i feel i have to let him do more activities like drawing lines etc.. but everytime we have a paper n pencil, he wans me to draw trains only.. haiz..

Char, thanks.. will try to find from ntuc. aiyo, i dun wanna repaint that section man..

Back