To engage Confinement Nanny from agency or relative during confinement period?

To engage Confinement Nanny from agency or relative during confinement period?

• Relative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amberpower

Hi!
This is my first post seeking opinions from mummies. Please feel free to share your experiences.

First trimester had passed in a breeze but I've yet to find a confinement nanny! *panic mode*
I am still looking around and seeking opinions before committing to any.
I've approached my mum but shes not confident and ended up consulting other relatives. So i managed to rope her to be my PA instead *phew*
Several relatives volunteered and are rather keen to help me. Well, I have some concerns about old school confinement habits versus new ones. Actually i'm not sure what is it.

Please please share your experiences and recommendations :):)

I took a confinement nanny refereed by close friends only. I heard agencies give replacements but I don't really trust reviews or agencies...
I dare not take relatives in case of conflicts... Then how? Later it might become topic of the day for family gatherings. Better to avoid, that's my preference.
Engage 3rd party can also demand and set rules easier.
There's no right or wrong answer, just which ever you yourself feel more at ease with.

I took a confinement nanny refereed by close friends only. I heard agencies give replacements but I don't really trust reviews or agencies...
I dare not take relatives in case of conflicts... Then how? Later it might become topic of the day for family gatherings. Better to avoid, that's my preference.
Engage 3rd party can also demand and set rules easier.
There's no right or wrong answer, just which ever you yourself feel more at ease with.

I've heard of conflicts between the old age confinement practices versus the modern practices for instance no shower from the prospective relative CL.
like u mentioned its true that there can be unnecessary topics of conversations! thanks for sharing your view too... im still deliberating. will u be able to share ur CL contact and rates?

+1 for what shoppixe said.

There will be bound to be differences in beliefs between mom and the older generation. They will naturally revert to what they tried and tested or heard from everyone during their time.

Relative better not. Later no good also cannot sack her.
I sacked a distant relative cos she kept quarrelling with my maid. She was ordering my maid around. Passed baby to the maid n was sleeping herself.

I went with my head by week 2 n spent months later handling family dynamics. My neighbor helped with the confinement good cooking n guided my maid in bathing. She was ok to look after newborn.

I'm having my 3rd. And hiring the nanny via agency.

How much does she charge u for 56 days.

We got it with discount. Permit n travel tix arranged by them. I think $5700. I'm not sure what's the original price.
I like the fact they are trained n exam passed by Thomson.

Can only review after my confinement.

Back