Tingkat delivery for family??

i tried alot of tingkat companies over the past 9 months, mostly recommended by smh mummies here. my reviews:

1. mom's cooking- the most expensive but good quality food.

2. meihao- the longest tingkat i am catering from. food portion is generous and soup taste better than the rest of the companies, first few months i ordered, the menu good variety, doesn't repeat much, also cheapest n use disposable container at no extra charge. but past 2 months, the menu has repeated dishes, am wondering whether their standard is dropping? will see how it goes in a month's time.

3. Four season's cafe- generous servings too, food and soup taste above average, but too bad they do not serve rice. price wise abt the same as meihao.

4. kim's kitchen- rank 4th in my opinion. soup everyday abt the same taste, there are bad and good days for food wise.

5. chu wei san tong- Last position! the worst among i've tried. very stingy serving. it use metal tingkat and portions are too little for 2 pax, not enough to eat. imagine 4 prawns for 2 adults as 1 dish!

6. the rest of the companies: neo garden, house of catering, hilltop, mong lee, empire, all average, which i can't remember much abt their food but did not continue after their trial meals.

i think overall its best that u all take up their trial meal before decide whether it suits your family's taste. that's how i feel. n after so much reviews, their standard may drop over time. cheers.

Glad to find this thread so am thkg of hvg tingkat delivery for a short period of time.
Just curious, is the food fr these caterers generally "kids-friendly"?
How do your kids respond to the food?

amayotaok,
tingkat mainly for adults. but think my ranking 1-3 options can cater to my 6yo. eg. for meihao, they accept max 3 special requests. i request for no chilli, no bones(for fish). hence generally my 6yr old can accept the food as i pour soup into his rice. on days when there isn't anything he likes or suitable for him, i'll just cook his favourite egg or steam fish for him. my 2yr old can't take the food so sometimes i cook porridge for him.

Thanks grace!
Will keep these recommended caterers in mind!
happy.gif

agree with Grace... mom's cooking the best i tried but really expensive.

tried Kim's Kitchen last week... the soup is SO saltish!

On hilltop this week... portions are quite generous for 2 pax...

may try Meihao after the hilltop trial

Thanks to all the advises here, I finally managed to find a tingkat provider whose food is really nice.

I initially started out with Kim's Kitchen. However, the taste and variety was not appetizing. By 2nd week, already dun feel like eating the food.
The soup was also very watery. No taste whatsoever.

After 1-month, I changed to Four Season's Cafe. Their food is nice and the variety is good. So far... this is already week 2 and no complains.
happy.gif

Hi all,

May i know if my hubby comes back ard 8pm, is the tingkat dinner food still safe for consumption (i don't have any microwave)? Tks!
Also, generally what time they deliver ? Can pls share your experience 3 dishes 1 soup better or 4 dishes better? Tks v much!
happy.gif

i tried neo garden n select. they deliver ard 4pm+. i think better to hv someone at home to collect them once delivered, n put them in fridge to keep food safe.

Sharon,

We usually kept the food warm in the cooker. if not, heat up again when hubby comes back.

we ordered 3 dishes and 1 soup and self cook rice. for us, the timing varies sometimes early at 4pm+ and sometimes late at 7pm. if not, standard timing is 6pm+.

Hi

Yes, I agree that Mei Hao 99's food is nice cos I started trying them about 3 weeks ago and so far no complains! I used Kim's Kitchen previously but didnt quite like the food and taste..very blend. I decided to stop them when I found a dead insect in one of their dishes and I called to terminate their tingkat immediately. They then refunded me the whole month's payment.

Hi, any feedback on the following tingkat services:

Chu Wei San Tong
Select
Hilltop
Meihao
First Cuisine

Would greatly appreciate your comments!

Hi,

Hilltop: Portion is a lot even I ordered for one pax. (btw, i am sharing with my girl and occasionally wife will eat also and we still find it a lot)

Tingkatsingaporedelivery.com: lousy. portion miserable. quantity very little. Vegetables sometime become bad and sourish. Always have fried finger food everyday even though i asked specifically for more vegetables and other easy light dishes. it's not worth it for the price. I terminated the delivery on its 10th day. Thanks to the guy (jason) who i have to call everyday to complaint abt the dishes. He's quite patient and suggest we call off the deal since everyday dinner is a problem for me

Tong Chiang: I commencing next week after I ended Tingkatdelivery.com. Will update again.

Cheers!

I tried the 10 days trial for chu Wei San tong and indeed the portion is pathetic. I called to terminate right after looking at the second day's dinner. They only give 3pcs of egg bean curd per pax, and for prawn dishes, it's sometimes 2 or 3 pcs of small prawn with shell. Yesterday's dish was crab stick & it was 3 crab sticks cut into half for 2 pax. Taste is ok but their dishes are rather cheap. Someone mentioned before, they dun really give green vege. I only had it once out of the 10 days.
They deliver as early as 2.40pm & I keep the food in the fridge immediately.

Tong Chiang: This is the third day I eating their dinner.

1st day: Order went wrong. Ask for 4 dishes + rice. Rec'd 3 dishes + 1 soup and make a mess in the plastic.

2nd day: Still 3 soup + 1 soup. Wrong order. Rec'd curry though I specifically ask for no chilli or curry.

3rd day: (called in the morning and feedback). Rec'd 4 dishes. No mess. No curry. All correct.

So far: Talk to the lady when feedback. Open to communication and told me will correct the order.
I din call and complain on the very next day cos, first the soup i received, actually tasted good (heehee.... better than hilltop when i tried 3 dishes + 1 soup)

Comparable with hilltop. Quantity is generous and won't lose out to hilltop. I find the green (not white) vegs well cooked than hilltop. Crunchy and not so saucy. It's not overcooked and you don't see the sauce soaking the vegs. Meat is ok. Only the third day. So I can't say much yet.

Hilltop and Tong Chiang Kitchen, I give thumbs up but like any other food, after a while you will want a change..

Back to that tinkgatsingaporedelivery.com, i am still pissed and angry. Imagine the cost is more than $8 a meal for one pax and I still have to dabao soup or yong tau foo for my girl since veg dish will go bad and smell and quantity is miserably little.

cheers

previously i commented on few caterers. i just switched back to four season's cafe coz too long with meihao, abit sian on their dishes for now. now need to amend on, they served rice now! but portion is really alot for the rice, they serve on those white styrofoam box, n fully to the ream, me n husband can only eat 1 packet.

Do not try Jessie catering for tingkat, we tried it for dinner. Food turned bad before 630pm. We were shocked to see the tauhu "bubbling with rotten stench". When I questioned why they served canned cai xin, they replied, "we added minced pork". I terminated their service after one week.
Before that, I was with Neo garden, food was alright, but wanted a change of dishes, so decided to try Jessie, turned up to be a lousy decision.

I guess hilltop and tong chiang are from the same kitchen..

The menu and contains of their website is actually the same.

Hi All,

I only tried Hilltop for 3mths so far.
Foods are ok, and generous.
My hubby actually quite bored with the food, but its expected as most of tingkat dishes will look the same after a while, same thig with mixed rice outside

Anyway the price is cheap, so dont really need to complain as long as the food is still fresh and tasted ok.

Right now, going to try House of catering, as like others said, after some time would like to have some changes
happy.gif

Will try mei hao next time.
btw, I cant find the website for four season's cafe.

ordered hilltop a week trial and not that impressed..

1st day was ok
2nd day no soup..only the 'liao' of the soup..think workers missed out pouring the soup in. Called in charge nobody pick up phone..
3rd and 4th day ok
last day (given food in disposable plasticware cos not continuing)
plastic container of soup not covered properly and thus soup all spilled into plastic bag..

all in all not worth the money..i'll not try tingkat delivery anymore as it's way cheaper to tabao from coffeeshop..plus if you xianz of the food, can opt for noodles or western food or korean food etc..i only ordered cos hse reno and full of dust..not complaining ah..my 2 cents only
happy.gif

Chris: we have been ordering from 'four seasons catering' . Maybe you can try . They have different dishes everyday .

HI, I called up Four Seasons Catering and they said it's their sister company - City Gourmet, that does tingkat, not them. Is this correct?

Have tried the following 3 for dinner delivery this year:

1) Hilltop (KB) - used them for 1 term only as we did not find their food as tasty and portion seems abit small. Service wise was ok with a chinese speaking lady taking our orders.

2) Kim's Kitchen - used them the longest for about 4 consecutive terms until decided to give others a try. Food taste wise was good and to our likings. Portion was ok too for 2 pax (better than hilltop) Even when they failed to deliver on time once due to vehicle breakdown, a recovery car was sent to help out and dinner arrived just before 7.30pm at our place with the drive apologise profusely. Anyway, it was only an once off incident on a rainy evening, and overall, very reliable services with no mixed up on days we need to cancel the dinner delivery.

3) Meihao99 - we just switched to them recently after hearing good comments about them. So far ok and portion is ok too like Kim's. They are also having 15% discount now for new cusomters for their 1st term which makes it even more value for money. Should be continuing them until we get tired of their food.

For lunch delivery, we had problems with First Cuisine whereby they screwed up big times. There was 1 week whereby they failed to deliver citing crap reasons like their driver is sick and no backups to our area in AMK. And we were only informed on Sunday afternoon about it that for the next 1 week, they won't be delivering to us. This created huge inconvenience as it was meant to ease the hassel of buying their meals for my in laws while helping to take care of my baby girl at my place. Also, not sure what is wrong with their ordering system that they just cannot get our details correct including when our last day was and I had to call many time to rectify with their coordinators to end off their service. Total disappointment with them although food taste and portion wise are still ok based on my in law's feedbacks.

Have now switched to Ronnie Kitchen for their lunch delivery. Heard they are quite a new catering establishments and so far so good and no issues or complains

Definitely much better than First Cuisine in terms of overall service and reliability

Hope that helps

i just started one term with meihao99 after reading this forum. it's really not bad, except i find it a bit too oily.. also due to my location (tampines) they deliver as early as 4pm.
they only deliver in disposable boxes..

E one catering is really good. No MSG. The Boss Mr Alick will ask for your feedback every now and then. 6 weeks menu no repeat. I had their food since April. Call 8168 8598 and enquire.

<font face="kristen itc"><font color="ff007f">Mei hao 99 review:

Trial 10Days, 4 dishes.
*Recom by my gf whom had been wif them for few yrs on &amp; off.

Todate 4th days:

~veg v salty
~portion for 2 v little = pork ribs gave u 2.5pcs, chicken wing 2 tiny pcs.
~meat v tough = e.g coffee pork ribs so dam hard
~deliver at 1830pm, sticker indicated cook at 3pm? best eaten by 7pm? they deliver wdl last.
~ fried finger food everyd

Wouldnt cont. will try other tingkat co.

</font></font>

Decided to stop my service with mei hao99.
find that their soup is super salty hence all along i've been getting the 4 dishes and cook my own soup.

Hubby also got sick of the food. think we have been with mei hao for the past 4-5 months. it's time for a change.

tot of changing to neo garden.
happy.gif

leomavis, I just checked out Ronnie Kitchen website but they do not show the menu.
Will be too late to cook something else just in case the food delivered that day not suitable for my kiddo.
But not many caterers do tingkat lunch.

My mum had bad experience with Kelvin from Mom's Cooking. I read that he is the boss.
She ordered for Tingkat from this Kelvin, he said payment can be by Cheque or Internet Banking. Then my mum asked for the bank details, he MIA-ed. As it was close to the Tingkat start date already, my mum enquired what happen, is the order confirm or not and what is the bank account details, why is their service like that when she's ordering a Trial Promo. Below is his reply.

" Firstly, we are mom’s cooking pte ltd Not Mom’s Kitchen. Secondly I did not receive your email. Lastly, you are free to share whatever experience you had.

Thanks U

Kelvin"

Such company should be boycotted and close down, let the good and sincere ones survive!

Can try select catering. I've ordered their tingkat for almost 1 year plus. So far, so gd. And they give discount like 10-20% during some of the months when there are long holidays like CNY as no delivery during PH or when they have promo.

It tried Meihao but stopped after 2 months as their dishes quite weird. Probably some of the chef not local, so they cook different taste.

Hi mrs Ng,

Neo garden good? i heard portion small..

Hi Snowyee,

i think select does not deliver to my place, that's what my friend told me. in the end i play safe and choose Meihao. initially wanted book with Chu Wei San Tong, end up reviews said no good. Wanted to try City gourmet under Four Season, but they also dont deliver to my place at Jurong...

anyone else has other recommendations? =)

chewthegum,

Is meihao nice? I tried its buffet, it is nice. next week, I'm gg to change to hilltop liao.

Hi, I'm currently using 2 providers for their trial. Here's my feedback

Lunch: 10 days - Chu Wei San Tong, aka Tingkat Delivery. Food arrives at 11.30, not very tasty but I'm quite thirsty after that! And it looks a bit cheapo, like sausages and sardines. I am not looking fwd to the next 8 days of my lunch. But I used them cos not many companies deliver for lunch, and to my area.

Dinner: 5 days - Jessie Catering. I'm very happy with their food. Taste good and I'm not thirsty after that. Out of 4 dishes, there were as many as 3 proteins (meat, egg, tofu). They served sweet and sour fish one night, and also fried chicken which was yummy to me.

Delivery time: Tingkat Delivery can deliver closer to lunch but Jessie brings the food at 3pm. The food is still warm so I dun even put it in the fridge to cool down, but when I reheat, just make sure it's steaming hot. Fact is, even if u find a company that delivers later, food was prepared eons ago, like 9am for lunch and 2pm for dinner! so u still need to reheat.

If u dun like the food to be left at your door while u are not at home, my suggestion is to trouble a friendly stay-at-home neighbor to help u keep the food until u are back..

Hi ccpet, I'm exploring the option of lunch tingkat. Could you share which are the companies that you know? Thanks in advance!

Back