Tingkat delivery for family??

Lenny Susanty,you have tried many caterers. Pls. share yr experience on those you have listed.

I have tried Lxxxx for lunch. food normal, at least I don't get food poisoning but repeated dishes in a month, rice comes in lumpy (is it same for other caterer?),reach my place before 11am (heat up soup & eat ard 1pm).

looking to try other caterer for lunch & maybe dinner as well.

well
nice or not nice . really depends on individual taste. For me, I found it alright. average . I tried them for 2 months. Most of the food are different

hi esther,

JTS: i ordered hilltop catering for the past 3 days.. overall quite good. i even requested for no MSG.. n i dun feel thirsty after eating.. e food still taste nice despite wo msg. on day 1 i was so disappointed coz the portion was sooo little coz i asked for 3 dish n 1 soup. n the chicken wing onli give 1 piece coz 1 pax.. =(
but day 2 n 3 on i switch to 4 dish coz i decided to cook soup on my own.. n there!! i have so much more share that i n my hb couldnt finish. i can even keep for next day lunch!

here is the website:
http://www.hilltopkb.com/

btw the food arrived my place quite early ard 4pm. but i dun mind.

hope my input helps.. =)

dolphingal,
hmm...seldom got dinner delivery delivered so early. but I also dun mind. too bad, they always told me 5pm till 0630pm. one time, the tingkak only came in 0620pm.

the hilltop website stated that Delivery time is 4pm to 7pm. gd that it arrived yr plc early...u living in the east? cos hilltop catering is location in the east mah.

Hi,

this is my first time to try cater dinner. Is hilltop real good and was the portion for one person really too little?

Don't order from neogarden. I receive the food as early as 3pm, and by the time i reach home at 7pm, i can tell you the food is already bad.

Anyway, they told me themselves the finished preparing the food by 2 plus.

kkf,
I had the neogarden tingkak service for 1 yr liao. I wanted them to come early but they always arrive late. dinner time will come at 6pm+. so no choice, got to order lunch and then separate 2 portions- one for lunch and one for dinner.

my caregiver will heat up at 4pm.so food still ok.

I think my area is the first they deliver. but anyway, they prepared all the food by 2 plus so by the time they deliver, the food may not be that fresh anymore...

gd leh, delivery man said my area last few stops or even last stop. even I ordered tingkat lunch, it came at 1130am. initially, it came at 1250pm or even 1pm+. after the feedback, it delivered at 1130am or sometimes 1115am.

I would luv to be the first few stop to have early deliver of the dinner. sad to say that not many tingkat have lunch catering. that's why I sticked to neogdn.

My family has been on Tingkat service for many years with different tingkat providers. The worse tingkat service we've had is from The House of Catering ...
1. Always late - we waited till 7.30pm then they arrive.
2. Always forget to include rice despite complaints to the office - their solution was to refund the 50c for rice.
3. The delivery guy just hang the tingkat lop-sided at the main gate and my door entrance is always wet with oily soup spilled from the tingkat.
4. The boss has a very bad attitude and refused refunds even though they fail to deliver as what was paid in full at the beginning - I feel like it's a con-job, never had such problems with other tingkat suppliers before.

hi, i'm new here. enjoy reading the forum. good information n discussion.

hi, RG, after seeing what u wrote, i decided not to try House of Catering ... scary. tks for sharing.

tried neo 10-days trial 2 wks ago. not too bad, delivery on time, not thirsty after eating. son enjoy!

next week im starting Kim's for a 10-day dinner trial also. hope it's good.

after which will trial for Empire and First Cuisine.

Previously had 10-days trial with Neo. Just started my 10 days trial this week with Kim's Kitchen. Here's my comments/comparison ...

Neo Gardens
- Taste more to a Cantonese cuisine.
- Food not bad, not too oily, taste healthy. Not thirsty after eating.
- Soup is better than Kim's.
- Food are always hang straight n up-right.
- Packing are neat n tidy.
- Portion enough for 2, some day cant finish.

Kim's Kitchen
- Taste more to a Teochew cuisine.
- Food not bad too, but more oily and also a little more salty than Neo.
- Soup not very good. Neo better.
- Food are always hang lop-sided. Today the gravy spilled over my main gate. End-up messy.
- Use packing with company name and logo.
- Portion are more generous than Neo.

here's my review after 4 days with Chu Wei San tong (Lunch) & Kim's Kitchen (Dinner)

CWST Lunch
Food:
Tasty but does not have feeling of too much salt, seasoning etc. Taste light on palate and just nice for lunch. Soup tastes ok. No thirsty feeling
Service:
Good. The ladies always cheery and accomodating. Much better than Kim.

Kim Dinner:
Food:
Dishes Tasty. Soup yucky. All 4 days threw away the soup. Can taste more seasoning than CWST.
Portion just nice for 2 pax.
Service:
Average.

<font color="119911">hi all,
like to share my review wif Empire 10Days trial lunch &amp; dinner. 3 dish 1 soup no rice~ I cook myself.
<font color="ff0000">**Soup same for lunch &amp; dinner. They make the soup in the morn.
Encounter 1st time the DINNER SOUP SPOIL.
2nd time they claim tat packer pack my order wrongly to other ppl. They jus any how add a 3pcs fried crab stick.
Complain &amp; they add 1 more dish for ur nxt meal= cheapo dish, portion small for 1pax. </font>

lunch: 1pax
portion- gd
del'y time- 1115-1130am
soup- no msg, still o.k.
dishes- so so.

Dinner: 2pax
portion- o.k, if chicken wing.. they jus give u 2 wings only.
del'y time- 1730- 1830

<font color="ff0000">CONS- RECENTLY ALWAYS SPILLED THE FOOD.</font>

Will cont. wif their lunch as I stayed in North= no choice.
dinner lookin for new tingkat to try.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, everyone
I m also looking for Tingkat dinner but after searching for quite a while, I hv not started to try anyone of the catering yet.
Is not easy to find a suitable catering, coz I always see negative reviews on those well known catering, sigh..
Anyone know if there is a caterer hv MSG FREE and not frequently use preserved food?</font>

Hi Cutie,
I can tell you that there's no such thing as MSG FREE, only the question of more or less. So long you dont feel thirsty after each meal, that should be reasonable.
Whether a caterer is good or bad all depend on individual taste and preference, reviews you see in the forum is just for reference. At the end of the day, you'll have to just take some risk to try out a few, until you find a suitable one.
For me, most people say Kim's Kitchen's food is good and Neo Gardens not as good. However, I find it the reverse, as mentioned in my review on 29-Aug. I'll likely to switch back to Neo Gardens.

<font color="119911">yes, I agree wif kwok mama "there's no such thing as MSG FREE, only the question of more or less." taste also depend on individual.

Just call them and ask for min days trial.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Kwok Mama &amp; yuki bear,
Thanks for advices. Ya, quite true there is no MSG FREE.
I will go for the trial then
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi all,
I've tried the Hilltop dinner last nite, 1st time. To me, not bad. 2 ppl portion good for 2+1 of us
happy.gif
Most imp, we hv more time in the evening unlike previously we busy to clean after cooking</font>

Just a comment as I happen to chance upon this site, I have been with Kim's kitchen for close to two years....pretty bored with the food actually but my parents seem to be quite all right with it, thus didn't change caterer. Also, I find that after eating, I do not feel thirsty which I thought is quite good.

Portions wise is quite all right, agree that soup is very very normal, not fantastic. they normally come at 3-4pm for dinner.....and ya, a couple of times the veg are startng to turn bad. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with them

I just engage Kim's kitchen only on 1/9. portion for 2 is like portion for one person. so far, my caregiver satisfied with it. think maybe she is bored with the neo gdn food blar (cater for 1yr+).

dinner arrived at 0540-0550pm.

I had 5 days trial with Kim's kitchen and just started my trial with hilltop.

My review:-

Kim's kitchen dishes are much more tasty than Hilltop. Soup from both caterers are not nice. Portion wise, kim's kitchen just nice for 2. Although Hilltop's food portion is more, i paid $20 more for 5 days trial compared to Kim kitchen.

Anyone can advise on Neo Garden whether the food portion is more than Kim's kitchen? I am deciding between Kim's kitchen and Neo Garden.

Cathycho,
I agreed with u...kim's kitchen is more yummy but soup is still ok...sometimes, salty. kim's kitchen portion is lesser than neo garden. neo gdn food standard drop. eg fried veg with nothing....unlike kim's kitchen veg got shrimp and wolfberry.

neo gdn is pricing is based on monthly basis. but if one take up 2 mth, there will be 10% discount. for kim kitchen, it is counted by days based on 20 days. eg tml PH, it is added on or extend one day meaning push back one more day for u. like that, seems better no lugi.

in fact, i find kim's kitchen portion is more than neo garden.

neo garden soup taste better and food taste more healthier. kim's kitchen food more tasty but also seems more oily than neo garden.

considering to trial on first cuisin or empire food. anyone can comment on these 2?

hi all ,

i tried before Select , good but after a while the food gets boring ....

then changed to Empire (1 pax ) dinner ,
service was ok. but a few times the DINNER SOUP was SPOIL, after a while the dishes got really boring and unpleasant after half a year.

thinking of changing to Kim's kitchen or hilltopkb and chuweisantong or maybe Neo Gardens but wonder whether they will send to woodlands area .

Hi all,

Just some feedback as I have tried the trial menus from both Neo Garden and Chu Wei San Tong.

Comparing both, I prefer Neo Garden as the food is more to my liking. The delivery time is also ok at 6pm-6.30pm - just nice for dinner.

Wanting to try something different, I tried out Chu Wei San Tong. However the food is not as appealing (to me, that is), and the delivery time is unbelievably early for dinner.

I was on leave today to run some errands , and when I reached home at 2.45pm, the food was already hanging on the gate. I called the caterer up and they said they deliver to my area from 2.30pm-3.30pm. Think how long my dinner has been hanging outside the gate all those hours before we reach home everyday ....... Shudders...

Anyway I will switch back to Neo Garden once the trial period with CWST ends.

english_larder,
seem like the delivery by Chu Wei San Tong is too early for dinner. by then, scare the food will be sour and turn bad.

yeah, neo garden gd but still ex. I had tried for 1yr+ before switching to Kim Kitchen. food not bad also...

Hi, I am new here, stumbled across this discussion.

hmmm just some feedback from my personal experience. my experience with Chu Wei San Tong has always been quite okay, I have engaged their service for a few months already. Food tastes good and has never gone stale.

I tried a few caterers also before I used Chu Wei San Tong too, some of them also deliver very early for dinner, between 2.30pm - 3pm, but food is still okay when I reach home at about 6plus pm sometimes. Seriously, I don’t think any established caterer would cook for me 1 or 2 hours before they deliver tingkat although they may let me know the specific timing for delivery. So many customers to deliver, sure cook one whole shot, unless those small caterers with very little customers maybe...

But no matter from who, I make it a point to reheat the food immediately once I have my hands on the delivered tingkat.

Hi, thought I give my feedback here for Chu Wei San Tong Tingkat which I have tried for the past 8 dinners. I ordered 10 trial meals.
Portion is very little considering we are small eaters. So far we are only given once green veges
rest of the times cabbages. Soup taste all alike, salty and sweet despite the ingredient in the soup are different. For 2 persons order, we had luncheon meat with potato, white cabbages, mixed of brocoli (4 pcs) with small cauliflowers n few vy small slices of fish maw (i think), 4 steamed prawns n soup. On the 3rd days of my trial informed them i am not continuing the tingkat anymore.

Hi all,

Any recommendation of tingkat dinner for 1 pax ( for my 3yo daughter &amp; myself actually)? Seems like most caterer only cater for min 2 pax...

Thanks!

qihan,
how's abt kim kitchen? tough it caters for 2 persons but portion is smaller compare to neo garden.

I tried Kim's Kitchen for 2 months but already bored with their food and have just canceled. Not much variety and portion for 2 feels like portion for 1 sometimes. Soup is blant most of the time, like drinking water. Quality of food is so-so only. Sometimes can be very salty and once, the eggs were badly burnt.

Another downside is that we have to cook our own rice so kinda defeat the purpose of ordering delivery. Delivery is super late, sometimes only arriving at 7pm (food is still cold regardless).

Compared to Meihao and Neo Garden, both of which I have tried before, I must say Kim's Kitchen is the worst. No wonder my neighbour has also changed caterer ..

I had been catering with Kim's Kitchen for 1yr+ and find it it ok except sometime the soup is quite salty.

monalisa - they do cater for rice? Meihao only cater for selected locations. neo garden quite ex...

I have not tried meihao home delivery meals as they only cater for selected areas. however, the caterings is nice. I tried it twice.

Today's day 1 of dinner catering fr Hilltop. We ordered 4 dishes for 3 pax n I cook my own soup. Vegetables filled to the brim of the tingkat but protion of meat is miserable. Worse still, my husband thought their fried fish tasted like soaked salted fish!

Thank goodness I cook my own soup and hoping it will be better tomorrow
sad.gif
( missing Kim's Kitchen now.

Day 2 of catering from Hilltop: much better than day 1. Plus point is that they are willing to cater to my requests.

i ordered from hilltop based on the reviews in this forum. Today food is sweet/sour fish, fried veg, old cucumber soup and chicken curry. only fish taste ok. the rest not so good and especially the soup is horrible

Back