Time life - A child first library of learning & early learning program

I have an existing set of Time Life Encyclopedia- Science & Nature which I bought it from Timelife for $1500 in 2005 when my girl was in Primary School. The condition is very new (9.5/100). She is now in Sec and I am willing to let go at $1000. Basically, I bought to cultivate her interest in Science. Well, she got a A for Science without any tuition and love the subject.I am contactable at 93666329 or [email protected]. You may view the item.

I bought a few books of the Early Learning set from some second-hand book stall. very cheap, although I couldnt find the whole set. 3 books for $10 only. so worth it, and quality still very good.

A salesman just did some presentation to me... Anyone keen to buy also maybe I could ask for discount as I am quite interested (before I make my final purchase).... I told the guy the price is abit steep for me so I am not getting the full set, rather I am only getting the Knowledge & Value set which will cost about 3100 (include 7% GST). Free items include the bookcase.

Anyone wonder why the price is so steep? The publishing cost probably is about $300 at max. The "Walter" thing is just an MP3 player with speakers, which probably cost less than $100. Total cost to them probably $400.

But why is it selling at $3000++?

Is there any real value added to these books?

Hi,

any good encyclopedias to recommended besides this A Child first library of learning?
How usborne or DK encyclopedia? saw alot at popular fairs....Pls. comment.
Thanks.

Hi anyone bought the whole set of child's first library?

i'm very interested but it is really very exp.My daughter is 6years old who loves to read and has been pestering me to buy them. I also have a 6mth old son.

Please advice.

May I know how much A child's First Library of Learning costs ? One mummy told me it's better to buy the old set where there is no walter to distract the child. Any comments please?

The complete range cost $4969.08

the walter is quite interesting as it gives additional info which is not found in the book.
I just spoke to the sales person yesterday.

Too bad hubby said must wait and see if he gets bonus than i can buy it.

Thanks aceve and wahyuen for the info. Aceve, may I know how much is the set of 'A child's First Library of Learning'- the set that comes with walter ?

the whole set is $4969.08.
the knowledge & skills w/o math is $3062.34.
the complete set w/o maths is $3986.82.

hope the info will be useful

The person total me that I am only allowed to purchase a minimum knowledge set & skills w/o math which cost $3062.34
That is the minimum you have to purchase.

Thanks aceve. I think it's better to buy during roadshows or book fair. If I'm not wrong, you can buy the different sets separately.

Hi Moms, I bought my set for my 2 boys when the older one was in kindergarten. He will be in P6 in 2009. For the sake of testifying that the books had really been great to us, allow me to humbly share that my boy has made it to the top class in his level, and is in position 6 in his class. He will be awarded the Edusave Scholarship come Jan 2009. My younger boy will be in P4 next year, and he achieved 100 marks in his final yr Science exam, he is going to the second best class in his level.

I have been reading these TIMELIFE series books with them from day 1 I bought them, and we are still frequently leafing through them. I must say the books (all of them) are awesome! The illustrations are colourful and clear and very much self-explanatory even when you don't read the text. The children can understand the geez of the science or general knowledge concepts by looking at the pics. My investment in the books have really been well spent cos I believe my boys did gain alot of knowledge from these books as we poured over them through the 6 years. Though reluctant, we have decided to let these go in order to make way for 'older' books for them, as we have covered every page of all of the books.

I have 3 sets :
1. A CHILD'S FIRST LIBRARY OF VALUES; (Stories on moral values like kindness, friendship, generosity, selflessness, etc) Total of 16 books. Each book has an accompanying cassette tape which reads out all the stories. So you can hear the story telling skills and the dialogue of the characters in the story. All voices are caucasian sounding persons. Also come in total of 3 CDs for 15 stories.
2. A CHILD'S FIRST LIBARY OF LEARNING; Offers great general knowledge, facts and science information for the young minds (and older minds like ours too!) 25 Titles as follows:
HOW THINGS WORK
FLOWERS AND TREES
WIND AND WEATHER
THINGS AROUND US
ANIMAL FRIENDS
SCIENCE STARTER
GEOGRAPHY
INVENTIONS
FEELINGS & MANNERS
INSECT WORLD
THE WORLD WE LIVE IN
MUSIC & ART
DANGEROUS ANIMALS
FAMOUS PLACES
SKY AND EARTH
PETS
WHEELS AND WINGS
ANIMALS AND ACTION
WILD ANIMALS
DINOSAURS
OUR BODIES
LIFE IN THE WATER
EVERYDAY LIFE
THINGS TO DO
SIMPLE EXPERIMENTS
ECOLOGY

3. EARLY LEARNING PROGRAM. 15 titles. Cover the following:
BASIC :
Alphabet/Reading
Numbers/Counting
Colours/Mixing
Time
ADVANCED:
Visual/Observation
Thinking/Imagination
Problem Solving
Social
Emotional
You can get more information from here :http://www.etlhomelearning.com/main/en/products/productList.asp?age=Young%20Kids&programID=5

The above come with a shelf that was designed to hold these books. The shelf displays the colours of the books' spines and makes it very inviting to the children to want to take the books for themselves. (Well, it least it did for my boys!)

Those books listed in their website have been revised and I think they have added new interactive gadgets.

For kids who love reading with their parents, this is a very good set of books to read with them, bond with them and learn with them.

I am letting go of all 3 sets together for a very low price of S$600, this includes delivery right to your doorstep. Call me at 9012 6969.

I've not seen the older version, are there too many words? the newer ones are not so wordy and was easy for my daughter to read and understand.

Hi fellow moms.

I thought I should just write a short note here that I had asked for $600 for my set as it is afterall, 6 years old already. My books have been very thoroughly used and I believe I have more than optimised its usage. However, I hope my price had not done any injustice to the quality of the books. The books had served my family very well and I have grown to become a big fan of the series. For mommies who can afford, and especially if you have more than one child to 'share' the cost (lets call it an investment), I think it is worth it. And when you have gotten the books, take the time and effort to dive into its wealth of knowledge and information together with your kids. Take turns, the father or an older sibling can read with the kiddos too. Some kids may be independent to read the books themselves. But if they don't, don't write off the books as being not worthwhile. EXPLORE through the books WITH THEM. It builds up wonderful bonding time too. The books made wonderful bedtime reading with my kids for six years! Give your children the opportunity to build up that love for reading.

I got my set new which I paid through installments. Give it a good thought : )

bj mommy, I'll have to agree with you. The books are great. Letting go at $600 is a steal!

I bought the set when my son was 2plus. At pri 2 now, he's still enjoying the books except that now he reads them himself. My 5yo girl is also picking up the habit of reading these books. In fact, mummies would be glad to know that these books attract their attention so much that they choose them over TV and read them totally on their own initiatives.
happy.gif

Anyone selling the Times Life "A Child's First Library of Learning"? I'm interested in getting the whole set if the price is right.

Hi fellow mommies,

Would like to sell "A Child's First Library of Learning" and Maths with Albert together. Almost brand new!

Anyone interested please pm me.

Hi mummies,
I too bought these books for my 3 gals. Yes, the price is slightly ex but I think its a worthwhile investment. Considering how much parents are spending on tuition once the kids hit primary school, these books offer a wealth of information which are so useful for Science. I quit my teaching job and joined them to sell these books as I really believe in these books. I also use these books to teach my Science students. Those who are interested to know more about the books can either email me at [email protected] or call me at 91789772.

Anyone selling the Times Life "A Child's First Library of Learning"? I'm interested in getting the whole set if the price is right. please e-mail me @ [email protected] or ring my phone @96980173.

Hi mommies,

still trying to sell my timelife set:

Encyclopedia and Maths with Albert sets only. I didn't manage to sell it the last time because price was too high. Willing to let it go more cheaply now.

Anyone interest still, please pm me. They are in very good condition.

Just moved house and really need the space.

Hi to all the mummies,

I bought mine thru overseas e-bay. You ladies can check it out.

I bought the whole set of knowledge books plus the skills.

I paid less than S$500 including V-post.

Reading to your child is important. They want to hear your voice not the Walter.

Walter is for those who are very busy at work and no time to attend to the kids.

Dear all,

I am looking for Child's First Library of Learning for my son. i would like to get whole set, if the pricing is ok. Feel free to contact me @ 91801275.

I am also looking for Child's First Library of Learning encyclopedia. Please PM me for fast deal.

Many thanks in advance ;) !

I am also looking for Child's First Library of Learning encyclopedia. best with walter.

Please PM me for fast deal.

Hi, is it a lot of difference? Which set did u get?
I know knowledge set is the basic set. Even for basic set it's abt $100 per mth for 2 years. I really don't know if it's worth the buy frankly.

I have got the complete program 2 year ago. It is a great porgram where my children use it everyday.Of couse I read to them when they are young. the program is very user friendly and easy to understand. It is worth the buy only when you use it. I hope you are reading to your child.

Hi!

I would like to let go of my set which consists of:

1) A Child's First Library of Learning
- 25 books (all plastic-wrapped)
- comes with Interactive Learning with a 'workbook' for each topic. Consists of MCQ questions on information covered in each book/topic.

2) A Child's First Library of Values
- 16 books (all plastic-wrapped)

3) Early Learning Programme
- 17 books (all plastic-wrapped)

4) Step Into History
- 10 books (all plastic-wrapped)
- topics:
The Chinese Empire
Ancient Egypt
The Celtic World
The Aztec & Maya World
Ancient Greece
Ancient Japan
The North American Indians
The Roman Empire
The Stone Age
The Viking World

5) Just Ask books
- 25 books
- examples of title: Why Do Leaves Change Colour? Why Is The Grass Green? What Is Electricity? What Is A Rainbow?

6) Exploring Çultures of the World
- 6 books
- countries: Canada, Australia, Peru, Mexico, China and Turkey

7) First Facts About series
- 6 books
- Topics: Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Greeks, Ancient Romans, the Vikings, the Middle Ages and the American Frontier

Total 105 books and 24 'workbooks'

Kindly email me at [email protected].

Thx.

Hi RJmum,
how's the condition of the books & prices to let go for these:
1) A Child's First Library of Learning  - 25 books (all plastic-wrapped)
2) A Child's First Library of Values  - 16 books (all plastic-wrapped) 
3) Early Learning Programme  - 17 books (all plastic-wrapped) 
Thank you.

A CHILD'S FIRST LIBARY OF LEARNING; Offers great general knowledge, facts and science information for the young minds (and older minds like ours too!) 25 Titles as follows: HOW THINGS WORK FLOWERS AND TREES WIND AND WEATHER THINGS AROUND US ANIMAL FRIENDS SCIENCE STARTER GEOGRAPHY INVENTIONS FEELINGS & MANNERS INSECT WORLD THE WORLD WE LIVE IN MUSIC & ART DANGEROUS ANIMALS FAMOUS PLACES SKY AND EARTH PETS WHEELS AND WINGS ANIMALS AND ACTION WILD ANIMALS DINOSAURS OUR BODIES LIFE IN THE WATER EVERYDAY LIFE THINGS TO DO SIMPLE EXPERIMENTS ECOLOGY I'm selling a Child's First Library of Learning set, Complete. Published by Time Life. Features very colorful images which will definitely capture the attention of your children. Very informative and easy for children to understand, of for you to narrate to your child. Includes a 'Quick Search' book, which facilitates easy searching for a specific topic. No damages within the books, no torn pages, books still intack. good as new. Looking to go for $800.Pls.send me your msg. at my email add [email protected] Thanks!

Hi,

I'm looking for preloved sets especially "A child's first Library of Learning" including Walter, "Early Learning Programme" and "A Child's first library of Values".

If you have these, would you PM me the best price for letting go? Thks.

Back