Time life - A child first library of learning & early learning program

angelhearty

Hi, any mummies bought this set for their child ? I have a 3 year old boy and come across this set in one of their roadworks. Very tempted to buy but very ex. But still considering to buy or not. Appreciate all inputs. thanks in advance.
happy.gif

ok my take on this is...
I have seen it and it is a total waste of money
I can't remember why cos I have seen it a couple of years ago. MY gf bought it and she said her kids did not take any interest to the books.

Hi angel, I bought the set for my boy when he was 3. Personally, I find that the info from the books interesting and informative. My son loves the stories and books about animals' info. But to justify spending so much i think we as parents must ensure that we spend enough time reading to them as they are still young. My boy is 6 now and is able to read independently (but not very 'chim' stuff lah), he loves and will read the book about dinosaurs on his own now. I think you need to understand your child first (i.e. interest in reading and what stuff) before deciding to buy it. My girl is 2.5 now and I will read the stories to her which she enjoys. Will start her on the more 'chim' stuff when she is older.

Hi Triniti and JJB, thanks, i appreciate your inputs. JJB, can i just ask - did u also buy the early learning program from them ? if so, did u find it useful ?

Hi angel... I actually bought the whole set of Childs fiear early learning books. I would have to say my boys age 3.5 and 1.5 years old, enjoy looking at the colourful pages. I think they are excellent books as at the very least, they managed to catch my children's attention with the drawings and pictures etc. Besides, not too much wordings. These set of book are perfect for us parents to spend time with the kids. I actually didnt get the books in Singapore as they are too expensive. i got it from amazon.com and had them shipped to me from friends living in US. MUCH MUCH cheaper. Over here, to get these set of books is more than $1.5k and total price that I paid for all books are only S$350! Hope this helps!

Hi angel,

I agree with JJB. The books are interesting and informative. I bought A Child's First Library of Learning series. My son (4 ys) loves the animal series and his fave is the Dinosaurs - can read & re-read many times. It definitely does satisy his curiosity at this age. Of course the 'chim' stuff I will reserve for later stage as I do not want to bore him and make him lose interest.

BTW, the roadshow is expensive. Did some homework and I bought it online from a US website. These are 2nd hand but in very good quality. The whole series costs me less than S$300 and it was delivered to my doorstep. In my opinion, it's worth the investment !

Hi angel, I bought the early learning program, child's first library of learning and child's first library of values. And yes, my kids love all of them.

Hi all mummies, thanks for all feedback given.I also feel that the books are colourful and intersting. Greenpink and mum22boys, thanks , u have given me an idea, i will lookout for a preowned set instead since the price difference is so much.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies
I'm interested to find out more on the child first library collection. Know how to find it on the wedsite?
Thanks

hi mummiesm

i went to the book fair last weekend. the set is so expensive about S$4K!!!!
the person was telling me it was written in Singapore????

mum22boys, so how come can get from amazon?

I selectively bought 2 books online which I think my daughter will be interested in. IMO, if you're not very sure whether your child will take to the books, why not buy 1 or 2 books 2nd hand and "test water" first.
happy.gif

Hi stressma
Motherhood exhibition was selling at $2832. Dunno whether it consisted of the same series as the one at the bookfair you went to.

hi constance and dna,

i also thought is S$4K over....but very ex....i actually think is not worth it leh....but is it true tat we can get from amazon? cos the lady from time life told me is made in singapore leh....

Hi
sorie for the misinformation.
I called the salesperson who attended to me that day.
The total development programme consist of
1. 1st Library of Learning
2. Early Learning Programme
3. Maths with Albert
4. Moral Values

What she quoted me was just the first 2 sets. I just found out another colleague of mine bought Set 3 & 4 at $1.7k plus. So total set is indeed $4k plus.

I am interested in Set 1 and 3, but still hesistant cos of the cost.

Hi stressma
I checked the amazon website. Saw some 1st library of learning books, but all dated 1987.
sad.gif

The books the timelife staff showed me indicate "published in yr 2007".

hi constance,

thanx for the info. yah, i think old version no "walter". is that why it's so expensive now?? or has it always been $4k plus even without "walter"? does any mummy know. also very tempted
happy.gif

hi constance,
yes, u r rite. u can oni use "walter" on d new set which r published in yr 2007.

hi dna,
if i remembered correctly, d old set & d new set costs abt d same. d oni dif is "walter". tt's y it's more worth it 2 get d new set.
happy.gif

hi vone,

yah. think so too. if same price with or without "walter", then makes more sense to buy with. they told me "walter" only came out in april this yr.

hi dna and vone
from the amazon website, the px for the old version (2nd hand copies) is very very cheap. but i am only worried that the information printed in the books r not up to date.
sad.gif

How, you all also still considering?

hi all,
me also considering Amazon but like most people, am concern on the published date of the books. If new ones, can't afford too exp.

dna,
yup. tt's y it's more worth it 2 get d new set.

constance / jastan,
i personally feel tt if u were 2 get d old set, u might as well buy other books. tt's a reason y d old version r selling at such a low price. thr r other bks in d mkt tt r gd which is jus as gd. it's jus tt u might hv 2 buy them separately or it has dif contents.
happy.gif

hi all,

thinking of just getting the 1st set with "walter". think less than $2k. cos the rest are just like normal books, cannot use with "walter". i thought "walter" quite inovative and keeps my 2 kids entertained for a while cos it's like someone reading, talking and singing to them. i got no.3 now and no time to read to no1 or 2, so thought this set helps plus gives them info.

the salesguy say no difference in pricing whether buy 1 full set or just buy partial set. so next time got money or if books are really good, then buy the rest also can
happy.gif

hi vone,

the "walter" can only be used for the books with the "flower" on it. in which case, as far as i know, are only the 1st series of 24 books. the rest of the maths, science and moral books don't have leh, so how to use??

i hope i am not wrong. but i looked thru the books that day and found it to be so.

Hi mommies,

I have purchased the whole set of early learning, skill sets and good behaviour set for close to $3k. I am paying with free interest installment for 2 years, costing about $100 + per month using OCBC credit card, so dun feel the pinch. On top of that, I've got a free Britannica encyclopedia in CD room set (the hard copy would cost about few thousand dollars!) and a free set of earth and science encyclopedia worth USD 580.

It was a very good deal, and of course, mine comes with walter. My son is 2 years old and I am reading these books to him every night. Although he can't concentrate a lot, he will ask for us to read the book for him, to learn reading through walter and for now, he has learned to switch the walter on and off! It's a great investment and I am intending to use this every night...

Hope this info is helpful.

Fabbymum

hi lenny,

is close to 3K for the whole set? if so, i will ask the sales person i am dealing with for that price too. he did not mention freebies leh. only a bookshelf. i did ask him for an extra walter though.

let me know can?

thanx!

Sorry for the late note, dna.

Yeah, just checked my receipt and my purchase came to about 3.3 k. With all the purchase, i guess the gifts are really worth it. Oh yes, I have got the book shelf as well
happy.gif

Fabbymum

hi fabbymum,

no prob. thanx. not bad price if the original for full set was $4K plus and they reduce to $3.3K. plus all the freebies.

happy.gif
still thinking if i shd go "milk" the salesman. or totally give up buying cos they so dishonest with pricing when with different customers
sad.gif

Hi dna
do you think if we gather a few more orders, they may consider giving us discounts or more freebies? Me still very tempted to get leh....

Mommies

Can someone help me to find out how much to purchase one set of 1st Library of Learning with Walter in SG? ~TIA

I checked with time life here in HK, they quote me HK$10700 per set!!!

Thanks!

hi constance,

i can check with the sales guy. any other mummies interested?? but i got to check with their freebies. i nvr hear so good freebies like fabbymum.

hey fabymum, what is yr sales person's name?? maybe i can quote him/her??

hi shimmrs,
if HK$, it's divide by 4 rite?? only S$2.6K quite worth it no...???

mummies interested pls indicate on the thread, so maybe i go ask Times what is the requirement for bulk buy lah.

happy.gif

Hi, can I ask those who have this set already. How did you manage to teach your child not to destroy the books? My DD is about 19 months old and there are some books which have softer pages that have gone through some wear. I don't mind if its just a normal costing book but it I were to spend a few thousand on it, I would hope it will last through a few kids if possible.

another question, so buying from SG is cheaper than US? or its a question of publication date?

Hello mummies,

first time heard about learning with 'walter', very 'suaku'. Is this something like the leapfrog learning pad ? Any website to see.

Thanks

hi constance,
not yet. been a bit busy with my business and 2 sick kids. sigh... will update this week if i can. will call him tomorrow.
happy.gif

hi shimmrs,
singapore full set cost abt $4K+. 1 mummy bought full set during promotion at $3.3K. so i woul say yrs in HK is the cheapest cos if divide by 5, it's only S$2140!!! maybe we shd get u to buy for us in HK....
happy.gif

Hi shimmrs
I think the set your mentioned is only the 1st library of Learning rite?

Hi dna
Is okie, take your time. your kids okie now?

The total development programme consist of
1. 1st Library of Learning - $1981.30
2. Early Learning Programme - $856.80
3. Maths with Albert - $910.35
4. Moral Values - $856.80
Total set - $4,605.25 (inclusive of 5% GST)

seems like the quote shimmrs got is not cheaper than sin.

Hi Fabbymum
the set you bought consist of the above 4 sets?

hi mummies,

happy.gif
spoke to the district sales manager. told him to read this thread. he said no way they can the sell full set for $3.3K.

fabbymum, is yrs full set??

for bulk purchase, pls read his reply :

This is the quotation on the bulk purchase(Min 5 sets.) on the full set of Total Development Program.
Total Development Program consist of http://www.etlhomelearning.com/main/en/products/productList.asp?age=Young%20Kids&programID=5

The complete program will cost $4386 with 7% GST $4693.02

Discount for bulk purchase will be 7% which is $327.81 which mean each set cost $4386.This can break into mthly payment through credit cards.

Free gifts includes Bookcase., Reading Program(10vol), Child's Dictionary, Child World Atlas and a Reading set of story books (90vol)

This offer is only valid for the mth of July.From August onwards there is a price increase on this books.

if interested, can post here. so i can know whether to start the bulk buy or not. he will absorb the $25.

any mummies do bulk buy b4? i nvr do b4, so if i am slow, pls be patient.
happy.gif

Hi dna
do we have to get the full set or can buy separately and still enjoy the disc?
I am thinking of getting the 1st library of learning & maths with albert set first.

hi constance,

sorry for late reply. 3 sick kids and sick hubby. sigh... i think he said have to be whole set cos if not not worth it for them i think. have not heard from any other mummies. u think u shd try and see response from *free* thread 1st? or list on bulk buy direct?? not much time left till end august. u keen if whole set??

anyone keen??

hi dna
sorie, i forgot to check this thread. I will be getting the set from the salesman recommended by my colleague. Timelife has set up a booth at my son's yahama sch and one of the sales lady told me that they will be absorbing this 2% gst until end of this month, and there will be a 10% increase in px starting from next mth! hence hubby say since already decided to buy, then chop chop order before end of July.

hi is the bp still on going but i only interested in the first library, if bp still ongoing and can just purchase first library can someone kind to pm me, thanks

Back