The Forum Has Been Migrated

hi, apparently I cannot use my old username and have to change to a new one. I also have been asked to change my email address too. (cos was prompted that username and email have been used!)
How about all my points?

Pls email to [email protected]
Thanks!

hi chin leng,

same like lots of members, my nickname <Shalan> has been changed to <Alaron>. Can help to restore my original nickname?

Hi, that was very quick!
Only now I am receiving two email notifications..this thread and the one I had mentioned earlier.
With all that I had done accordingly, I figured this new formatted forum will not send email notification when I am the one who post the messages. That is why, I also did not receive my post which I replied to a BP thread.

How then does 1 monitor their own threads in the most convenient manner, if 1 can only do so by logging into this forum and lookout for alerts?

Perhaps you could consider the old format which I think others would agree brings more convenience esp when 1 may just access into their mobile phones for instance.

I do not have that priviledge actually, but daily loggin into internet with my home PC is also not convenient unless I have the time.

Thank you!
How do you check the forum on a regular basis? Using a PC or a smart phone? I'll advise accordingly.

Hi
I agree with Miracle_bebe.
It is very inconvenient to locate own thread.
I am going to start a BP thread next Monday, hope this issue will be resolved by then.

For the onversation, I noticed that I can only receive the other party message in my mailbox, I do not see my reply in my mailbox.
It is very inconvenient, I need to log in to SMH every time whenever I need to check what I have replied.

And I have noticed that my number was reduced too.
To locate your own thread, go to your own profile: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/members/kp2.16847/

Click on the tab "Postings":

kp2-post.png

It'll show you your current posts and threads.

Then scroll to the bottom of the page, click on the link "Find all threads by kp2" and it'll show all your threads.

kp2-threads.png

Hi Chin leng,
Upload a file from computer seems to have some problem ~ previously im able to load image and text under 1 posting but today i cant as one its under 1 post, it will become " view attachment" and my image need to be click then viewer can see.

As we are BP seller and this make it tougher for us as well inconvenient for the shoppers.

perhaps you can see my thread to understand ~ now i have to create 2 postings for my image to be on screen instead of click attachment if is under 1 post.
Please see post 1617 and 1618
Click Here

Can you please assist to change back to the previous method whereby we can post all images under 1 posting instead of needing to view as attachment, It make shopping much easier esp for those using smart phone too and of cause for us as a seller to have a neater thread managing.
Thank You

Hi Chin leng,
Upload a file from computer seems to have some problem ~ previously im able to load image and text under 1 posting but today i cant as one its under 1 post, it will become " view attachment" and my image need to be click then viewer can see.

As we are BP seller and this make it tougher for us as well inconvenient for the shoppers.

perhaps you can see my thread to understand ~ now i have to create 2 postings for my image to be on screen instead of click attachment if is under 1 post.
Please see post 1617 and 1618
Click Here

Can you please assist to change back to the previous method whereby we can post all images under 1 posting instead of needing to view as attachment, It make shopping much easier esp for those using smart phone too and of cause for us as a seller to have a neater thread managing.
Thank You
The function remains the same. You'll see that there are many posts in the forum with both message and image together in one post. You can have a post with images. Please do not click on "Post Reply" after you've uploaded the image. Only post your message by clicking "Post Reply" after you've finished typing your message.

We've merged your 2 posts into 1 as you had originally intended.

The function remains the same. You'll see that there are many posts in the forum with both message and image together in one post. You can have a post with images. Please do not click on "Post Reply" after you've uploaded the image. Only post your message by clicking "Post Reply" after you've finished typing your message.

We've merged your 2 posts into 1 as you had originally intended.
oki thanks ~ will try again

Have organise many bp in the past does it mean thread ends and have been remove all the number of post will reduce then I will be a new member? May I know what r the point and likes for?

HI Moderator

Can i still post as seller under bulk purchase?

Also my user name is change, should be dolphin_28, not ssybaby.

Thank You

If that's the case, I'll suggest keeping your account in the forum permanently login and use the new feature "Alerts" instead of email. To find your threads, click on your own profile:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/members/miracle_bebe.13848/

Then click on the posting tab, scroll to the bottom of the results page and click on the link "Find all threads by miracle_bebe".

Hi Chin Leng
Apologies! Had read yr reply but could not find time to respond. I have followed your instructions accordingly and I do understand better as I am seeing only my own threads. But I still gotto log in ya? Cant access without doing that step.

Well as I had shared with another active member here..if one thinks one wants to stay in SMH, one must learn to adapt to the new changes whatever. I will say that it's a matter of time to get used to things changed as life has changed as well.

I take a longer time to get my threads up, but I'm used to it liao..the only snag is, that I am spending much time in here again.

Thank you:)

Hi Chin Leng
Apologies! Had read yr reply but could not find time to respond. I have followed your instructions accordingly and I do understand better as I am seeing only my own threads. But I still gotto log in ya? Cant access without doing that step.

Well as I had shared with another active member here..if one thinks one wants to stay in SMH, one must learn to adapt to the new changes whatever. I will say that it's a matter of time to get used to things changed as life has changed as well.

I take a longer time to get my threads up, but I'm used to it liao..the only snag is, that I am spending much time in here again.

Thank you:)
It is actually easy to stay login. I just "check" the "Stay Logged In" box (see attached image) and I'll always be automatically logged in when I am at SingaporeMotherhood.com forum. I don't have to type my username and password anymore. But this is advisable only if you don't share the use of your PC.

stay-logged-in.png

Have organise many bp in the past does it mean thread ends and have been remove all the number of post will reduce then I will be a new member? May I know what r the point and likes for?
1. Yes.

2. We don't have any specific use for the points and likes at the moment.

It is actually easy to stay login. I just "check" the "Stay Logged In" box (see attached image) and I'll always be automatically logged in when I am at SingaporeMotherhood.com forum. I don't have to type my username and password anymore. But this is advisable only if you don't share the use of your PC.

View attachment 18960

Yes yes, I do agree!
I was in the library yday evening and I had to log in with my password. I am not a multimedia-savvy person and I guessed the system knows I am using a shared PC and prompts me for my password.
Truly appreciate your help:)

Hi chinleng, I have activated the notification but I also din receive any notification for replies to my threads... did I miss anything?

Hi chinleng, I have activated the notification but I also din receive any notification for replies to my threads... did I miss anything?
Go to the top right corner of the forum, click on your username and a new window will appear. Click on "Preferences" and you should see another new window:

receive-email-notifications.png

Under options, check that "...and receive email notifications of replies" box is enabled.

Hi I have just emailed regarding my problem on changing password. It prompted me existing password in incorrect.

Hope to hear from you soon. Btw, im an existing member.

Thank you

Hi chinleng,

Just to say the notification not always work, for example 1 day my bp have 5 post by diff mummies but only send me 3 notification.

Can the thread in 100 posts instead same as previously, now is a bit hard for me to track coz after next day the post will go new page I have to click n check again for pass day order.

Hope u can help look into this problem, thanks.

Hi chinleng,
Can I just check how come some are able to paste an excel format table (but it appears as a picture attachment)? I could do it previously in my post #305 but can't do it now. I really don't like Google Docs as it sometimes lags and I just end up losing my data.

Hi chinleng,
Can I just check how come some are able to paste an excel format table (but it appears as a picture attachment)? I could do it previously in my post #305 but can't do it now. I really don't like Google Docs as it sometimes lags and I just end up losing my data.
They did a screenshot of their excel spreadsheet table and posted it as image. You can do it similarly too if you screenshot your table.

Dear Chin Leng and team,

When i clicked the "watch thread" link to watch a certain BP thread, the prompt message box is being superimposed by the advertisement. It has prevented me from clicking the radio button to choose the "receive notification...". Can you fix as soon as possible please. Pretty annoying...

Dear Chin Leng and team,

When i clicked the "watch thread" link to watch a certain BP thread, the prompt message box is being superimposed by the advertisement. It has prevented me from clicking the radio button to choose the "receive notification...". Can you fix as soon as possible please. Pretty annoying...
It only happens for Friso banner ads. Try refreshing the page and click on "Watch Thread" again when it is not showing Friso ads.

Hi Chin Leng

Not sure where to make this request. I like to have this thread of mine (http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/b-wte-g-preloved-drinking-glasses-b.9644/) removed or deleted, so I could start a fresh new one with pictures for all the said items.

Thank you and have a blessed weekend!:)
Removed.

In future, you can just click on the "Report" link in one of the posts (preferably first post) and let us know that you want to remove the whole thread. :)

Ching: I hope to have the function where each time there is new messages to the subscribed forum/threads, the board can email me regardless I post reply. Right now, only after I post in the subscribed forum/threads, then I get that 1 time new email on the next message after my posting and no more. The repeated emails regardless of posting replies helps to keep abreast of discussion. Thanks.

Hi Chin Leng I agree with both rct and reddesk and most mummies here,,,

can something be done to improve so we can keep track of the thread and forums constantly? no point it just send notifications on just the next new posting and after that it stops.. it really takes more time having to log in to check and especially if we are using smartphones to access. anyway to enhance a function to link up the notifications to our direct emails instead just like the past, be it whether we are the ones to start the thread/post rather than only when we receive reply?

this is an example of what i am getting from the notifcation/alert:
hlt replied to the thread (2013/09/02) BP 14: Skincare From UNT, ERH, Coast Nature, Gamila Secret, Kinka Gold.. There may be more posts after this.
8:53 PM

Feels the actual help of this notification function is redundant as it only inform once and we have to diligently log in to search every now and then and click on the post/thread if we want to follow on all other new postings?
Very time consuming and really cannot keep us up to date..

also another question whereby i had selected to "watch thread" on a BP thread.but when i go to my "watch thread section", it does not show the BP thread I had last selected,only shows those thread under "Free Items, WTB,WTS" which i had selected to watch thread.

Why is this so?

Removed.

In future, you can just click on the "Report" link in one of the posts (preferably first post) and let us know that you want to remove the whole thread. :)

Hi Chin Leng

Apprec help! In future I shall remember to click the "Report" link to request thread removal:)

Hi chinleng! I didn't receive any notification email either for a spree I was organizing when a fellow forummer replied my post yesterday. I only saw this morning under the alert section when I logged in. Do you think we can have those notification emails back?

Hi Chin Leng,

Sometimes when I want to do a search or click "Watch Thread", it was block by the adverstiment box (for example the Friso adverstiment)! Can't see some of the words at all. Gues the advertisment box is too long.

Can do something abt it?

Dear Administrator, I am having problem navigating this new format.
Really starting to hate this new format, as I have missed my collections for my spree due to some issues as such:

#1:
Cannot read any table in the posts. As a frequent spreeist, this has really major problem as I cant read the charges, shippings, confirmation, etc, etc.

#2:
No notification emails anymore? Very difficult to monitor the postings now as the forum page has expanded and have to scroll pages to look for the postings.

There are others, but the above 2 are my biggest issues.

Please kindly advise....

Many thanks

Dear Administrator, I am having problem navigating this new format.
Really starting to hate this new format, as I have missed my collections for my spree due to some issues as such:

#1:
Cannot read any table in the posts. As a frequent spreeist, this has really major problem as I cant read the charges, shippings, confirmation, etc, etc.

#2:
No notification emails anymore? Very difficult to monitor the postings now as the forum page has expanded and have to scroll pages to look for the postings.

There are others, but the above 2 are my biggest issues.

Please kindly advise....

Many thanks
#1 Who is the spree organiser? Point us to the thread and we'll take a look.

#2 You need to update your settings:
watched-thread-setting.png

From our admin panel, we've updated your setting to this:

watched-with-email.png

We hope our changes will take effect for your previously "watched" threads too.

Hi chinleng! I didn't receive any notification email either for a spree I was organizing when a fellow forummer replied my post yesterday. I only saw this morning under the alert section when I logged in. Do you think we can have those notification emails back?
Your settings:
watched-thread-setting-png.36008

From our admin panel, we've updated your setting to this:

watched-with-email-png.36010

We hope our changes will take effect for your previously "watched" threads too.

Hi Chin Leng,

Sometimes when I want to do a search or click "Watch Thread", it was block by the adverstiment box (for example the Friso adverstiment)! Can't see some of the words at all. Gues the advertisment box is too long.

Can do something abt it?
Does it happen for just the Friso advertisement? If it happens only for Friso, try to refresh the page until it shows a different advertisement. If not, let us know the problem occurs when you are viewing on phone, tablet or laptop/desktop? Thanks.

Yup, I think is just the Friso adverstiment even when I place the cursor to my profile, it blocked some part of the "Profile box" too

Just tried and turned out to be the same unless I do what you have mentioned - refresh the page. But have to try for a few times when I click the "watch thread" as the whole box was block by the advertisment! Not sure why is only happened to this advertisment. Maybe you can try it out & you will see what i mean

As I can see the advertisment box is smaller now...therefore the "Search box" problem is sloved but not the other one

And also when click the "Inbox", then click the member name, the whole thing is block by the advertisment too....... It appeared right behind the advertismentment box same as the "watch thread"

Hmm......

Hi there!

the tool box suppose to be available when I reply or???? coz even as I tyoe now, I do not see any tool box and I need to change my text colors when I post a BP.

Thanks!
May I know if you are using a smartphone or PC? Which browser are you using when you typed the above message? Thank you.

Back