Tampines Mummy Club

<font color="119911">hihi mummies...
sorry i cannot join in for sat's gathering..i was thinking shall we org a kite-flying session on a Sun? any takers? Please vote...</font>

<font color="119911"><u>Kite-flying on Suns</u></font>
27 Jun <u>or</u> 4 Jul <u>or</u> 11 Jul
1. LoveGreenEumma

AC, I'm almost losing all confidence in the school!
They are having another round of HFMD cases again.
today's email from school> 3 confirm cases!

Arisz, I know what you mean.. I guess most of us are about there...

HFMD - started off in PG... sigh.. and now, spreading to N1... soon, it's all over the place...

Kaira, I'm not sure if we should go for the house gathering...given that other babies may still be very young, and I don't really want to spread the virus around... cos it could be in our toddler's body, waiting for it to explode!

hihi mummies!!

good moni!!! bz past few days... so only read and din reply.

arisz: ya lor.. sianz... ytd Tc irene (VP) called and she sounded not too friendly wo.. and talks v fast..
sad.gif
cant really catch her also...

Rac: yes, i heard e same from tc irene as well...
sad.gif
tats why din let my boy go cc these 2 days. anyway he is also not feeling well cos big molar growing, and causing him to have slight fever plus cough, etc...
sad.gif

AC, I also nvr let my boy go school today.
No wonder, my boy suddenly said "kaemon nvr go school" yesterday after I picked him from school.

So the gathering still on?

Arisz: lil Tristan really has good memory n observation!!
happy.gif

think tis whole week will not let kaemon go cc...

Tis sat's gathering, it's confirmed, I think cos jingyi had sent out an email to all mummies already.. U got e email?

Calling AGAPE mummies!!!

HFMD
18 June: 1 (PG)
21 June: 3 (PG + N1)
23 June: 5

I'm recording this man!! We'll see if it goes to 30 again!!

Under what circumstances will a childcare centre/kindergarten/preschool/school be closed for operation due to HFMD?

The decision to close a centre is based on several factors which include number of cases/attack rate, length of transmission period, the classes/levels affected and whether the majority of the cases were recently infected. Due to the number of cases at this moment (April2008), the closure of centres may be considered if there is more than 15 days of transmission together with either more than 13 cases or more than 18% of enrolment.

Why was Agape not closed during in April during HFMD when they had like 30cases within a month?

Rac.... really dunno wo..
sad.gif
sianz... today din let my boy go cc also...

you mean, total cases at 6 now and not additional 6 right??? faint~~

Hi Rachel,
jus received another msg from tc. Another confirmed case from PG, total of 6 cases. Going to get my mum to pick my boy now.. Sigh!!

Understd tt Centre will only be closed if there are more than 30% of total headcount. All MUST Happen at the same time.. Thus it is very unlikely for them to close since many will volunteer to put their kids at home...

What!! you called MOH?? Ridiculous leh!!!!

The closure of the center will cause inconvenience to parents, but nevertheless, I rather they close the center than to let it spread, and evenutally our kids suffer, we also have to take leave!!!

Frustrating leh!

Xen.. aiyo!!!!!!!
sad.gif
u mean e cc request u to pick up your boy or u wanted to get him out for safety first??

sigh.. inititally tot wanna let my boy go back cc tmr.. now i dunno if i shd lei...

Hi Mango Mummy! I'm at St 32. Welcome to Tampines Mummies
happy.gif

To all mummies, enjoy the long weekend. Happy National Day!

Tampines Mummies Gathering

Date : 3rd October (Sunday)
Time : 1:00pm
Venue : TBC (Any mummy wants to invite us over to her place? )
Food : Potluck

1. Kaira + Hubby + BB Thaddeus (Will bring sushi)

Hi mummies can i suggest we do the gathering on sat or if on the 3rd how about evening time??? Re the potluck i can bring meehoon
happy.gif

modgurl &amp; Mango mummy>> im meeting alison this fri at one of the 3 tampines shopping, u ladies wanna join in the meetup? think ive send email too... hope to see u ladies this friday;-)

HFMD
my middle boy is with cherie heart childcare, frequently having HFMD cases... the school take measure but being parents we will b worried still. The set back is even we stop our child from attending, school fees will not be rebated. I do back up my boy with plan that support HFMD though.

Time : 4:30pm
Food : Potluck Dinner

2. Jamie ??
3. Chen Ma Ma ??

Time : 4:30pm
Food : Potluck Dinner

2. Jamie ??
3. Chen Ma Ma ??
4. Leo &amp; bb (If is meeting outside, Tampines Central Park or Sun Plaza not a bad idea. As long have hut for shade or in case raining
happy.gif

Tampines Mummies Outing -- Confirmed

Time : 5:00pm
Venue : Hort Park
Meeting Point : TBC

1. Kaira
2. Jamie
3. Chen Ma Ma
4. Leo

Hi ALL Tampines Mummies,

I am staying in Tampines too....
Sound interesting to go outing together however I am not available on 03/10. Shall participate in your upcoming events ya ~

Sorry for missing out on all the action. Exams coming so been very, very busy. Plus, I think I'm going to give birth soon. Gasp!!!

Hi Mummies!!

I'm staying in Tampines too!!! Nice to know u all here...Oh ya currently i'm looking for a nursery for my gal who wil be 4yrs old in 2012. Understand i need to register her next yr for 2012 sch...Any mummies have any gd sch nearby our area to recommend me?? cos really no idea which sch to send her to...

hi mummies who kids in agape tampines

My dd is in this school and was rather disappointed with them recently, my dd was was absent from class for a week and yet not a single call from the school to find out what is happening. Aren't they concern abt the welfare of the kids ? Cld it be another case of hfmd?When ask the new teacher, she will push to the previous teacher who has left saying she is still around last week..!! Being new is an excuse? Any mummy thinking of transferring yr kids to other school/cc? I am thinking of PCF childcare at Blk 942, anyone know if is good? I am totally disappointed..and not the first time..notice they keep changing teacher and this is not going to be healthy for the kids.

Hi sunbeary

my 2 boys are at agape. i have trfed my kids out to another cc prior to putting them back to agape. reason for transferring back, partly also cos of location cos my parents prefer this location than the other.

i felt, something lacking is the administrative part cos I heard is the principal who is solely taking care of all these, and recently tc karen left and came another 2 new tcs. so probably, the new tc do not know of such protocols. perhaps u wanna feedback to principal and perhaps e biz owner?

so far, i really cant expect too much from the centre but to provide constant feedback and engage the teachers more often to find out the children's progression. in a way, its also telling the centre that i am always on the lookout and at least they know wat is our expectations.

hope e above helps.... anything, u can pm me bah..

Hi AC

Yes I hv been providing feedback constantly so they know what is our expectation and how they can improve. But I notice the teachers turnover is so frequent, I wonder if this is the same for other centre. Is tough for the child so I am not sure how good this school going to be and how my gal going to learn well and be in good hand...will hv to see.

Wow the thread is suddenly alive ..

Sunbeary,

I'm staying in blk 942 and the kids there seems happy. I intend to enrol him in 2012. Currently my boy is 15mths. 2011 enrolment is full already.

hey mummies...
when was e last time since we had a gathering?
anyone arranging???

kaira: think e last place in playgroup is taken up by my son when i enrolled him this dec... :p
but e PG group now is quite small though.
perhaps u can speak to the principal and see what she can do for you...
happy.gif

AC,

I have spoken to them twice , i think on oct and nov, they say waiting list already wor..

I try to arrange gathering for tampines mummies but email all no reply. Maybe most of them have family comittment during weekends. Actually have quite a few very interested to meet up cos we all have kids age gap very close and also we are staying so nearby, easier to meet up. The last meet up is marina barrage , small group but its fun.

kaira:

re: outing
oh... maybe we can arrange another one next year??
hee... my kiddos 3.5yo and 1.5yo.. almost e same as urs?

re: agape PG
I applied in sometime Oct/Nov? I guess, partly cos the elder brother in e same childcare, so they gave priority?
if not, on/off just give them a call and ask...
have u tried, NTUC First Campus coming up, beside 802 coffeeshop tat block?
its previously PAP... now NTUC took over...

AC,

Oh u mean agape PG.. Sorry , actually I enrol my son to sparkle tots below my flat at blk 942 but no slots .. I didn't apply agape PG cos its far from my place. Heehee no wonder. Thought of going to ask the pricipal later why like that ?? keekee

Next outing, i will keep u inform
happy.gif

Back