Take Note: Dental care for toddlers/children

chrisstan

Hi, all mummies. Do take care of toddlers/children dental, coz Dental caries/dental decay on the rise.
1000ppm fluoride ion toothpaste recommended for children for daily brushing twice/day.
Beside the child brushing on their own, Parents do help them to brush properly before rinsing off.

Pls read this Straits Times article about it.
"Look Ma, No Teeth" :
https://www.ndcs.com.sg/Newsroom/MediaCoverage/Pages/LookMa,NoTeeth.aspx

Last edited:

Hi,
My girl always wash her teeth twice a day. But yesterday, I realised that she have teeth decay at the bottom second molar.
Would like to find out, can the teeth still do filling for it? or will the dental remove the decay teeth?
and can they don't use injection? can they remove it by using spray or apply anesthetic on it to remove the decay teeth.

Hope to hear from you all. Super worry for mommy now. Thank you

I am a v strict mum. My Son doesn't usually take candies when I am around. If he does, it's usually half. Eg half a mentos, or half a temple blessed candy.
A recent and first visit to the Dentist has discovered he has FOUR cavities! I couldn't believe my ears. The only thing sugary is his milk powder! He has eczema so he takes this soy based milk powder which I always felt tasted too sweet. It provides him with all the other nutrients he needed so it's like a double edged sword.
We

The dentist has done filling on his 4 front teeth.

Susan, u might want to speak to your dentist in salvaging the molar with fillings?

Hi SLmum may I know how old is your son? Were the cavities only discovered on the recent dental visits? Previously it was ok?

Hi mssunnowad, I noticed some dark stains on my kiddo teeth and brought him to the dentist.
He has eczema and I also read online that there kids w eczema are more prone to tooth decay:(
My son is 5.

Last edited:

Back