Tablets after missed abortion-is it safe?

Sandy10

Hi. I had a miscarriage(Missed abortion) a month ago. I had spotting during the pregnancy. Though my periods are regular, I have spotting 2 days before the actual period and then it starts. Afer miscarriage, my doctor advised me to take
Gynovit, follic acid tablet (Folvite)and multivitamin (Anofer)for 3 months. After 3 months, I have to use
Siphene 50 mg from day 3 after 3rd cycle
Susten 200 cap from 16th day.
My doctor said these are to avoid miscarriages and no harm as such. Please let me know If I can use theee tablets.

I would trust the gynae, that's what we pay them for. The gynovit is a multivatamin with folic acid. It is safe to take. Folic acid is known to reduce birth defect and is recommended to start taking daily at least 3 months before you TTC. Not too sure about the other 2 medicine given. I think u should call the clinic to ask if you feel that it's too much med.
I had a miss abortion too but my gynae only tell me to continue on with folic acid. However my case might be different as I didn't have spotting or cramp throughout the pregnancy.

Hi,
I've not heard of Susten or Siphene. are these brand name for drugs or vitamins? Gonna read up more.

Ya most doc I speak to just say take folic acid/ activated folate. some will recommend various vitamins. but I've not heard of drugs used to prevent.

Back