Support Group - Special Needs Children

Hi bubbly7, still able to join ? 13 years old ok ?

Hi ks, you can try care corner childcare and development.

Hi hi, my third has been diagnosed with dhiplegic spastic, he's 18
Months n cannot sit up or support his head properly, his body is very floppy, he was born premature at 30 weeks, i'm a mother of 3, no maid, living in punggol

Dear Parents,
I am offering customized tutoring/coaching/intervention for children with special needs in the following areas:
Language and Literacy - reading(special reading program will be tailor made to meet your child's ability/needs), writing, speaking and listening skills
Maths-early number skills and concepts building
Any other area as required.
Free assessment and reasonable fee.
Contact 94556627 for further details or email: [email protected]

Its never too late or too early to start:)

Hi there!

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with sending their children to OT or PT in other hospital other than KK.

I stayed in the North area but most private OT are very inaccessible. I'm wondering if Mt A's physiotherapy is good for children.

i have a primary 5 son who is doing a research study on the topic "what are the concerns of parents with special need children in singapore havr regarding the transition from preschool to primary school". He hopes to be a voice to MOE to incorporate programs in mainstream schools for special need students. He hopes that through this research prepare themselves and allievate any concerns parents might have if any special need child ever joins the school. Schools would also have a better understanding on how to take care of these students well. Here is the link for you to fill up thr survey:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ynZBgh3qWCgDmJB1n5CB3IjvfGwXB1xVB9DpBvPf_4s/viewform

Hope that you would set aside time to answer the survey. Thanks a lot for your time.

Well, I have a friend with ASD kid too. Heard that she sends her kid to a gymnastic school in Jurong and she mentioned that her kid is currently in Special needs class. She sees improvement in her child and some of the "senior" students in the special needs class has "promoted" to indept class. Originally the special needs students attend the class with a parent, then slowly once they r able to listen to instruction, they can advanced to indept class. Tot that it's good to share with the mummies here.

Hi, I saw your post that your friend send the kid to a gym school and special need class in Jurong area. would you be able to let me know where and which school is that. Thank you!

I sent my Autistic child to TAPS Centre @ Kovan for neurofeedback after my friend recommended me with her ADHD son's success. The therapist and psychologists there are very nice, patient. They are very knowledgeable also. 3 months in, and my son starting being able to express in speech when he is upset, his meltdowns have greatly decreased (most imptly), and he has even started writing! I was really amazed. Though it is more expensive then govt hospitals, it beats being put on the long waiting list in hospitals and waiting for 3 months minimum in between therapy sessions.

Hi, I understand you want to get eyes on your post. But wouldn't it be better to start a new Thread rather than revive all these dead ones? Some of these are almost a year old. I was wondering I was reading 3 dead threads. :confused:

Back