Support group: recurrent second trimester miscarriage loss/ preterm labour

LadyP

Hi, here's my story.
1) 2014: Got pregnancy very easily (unexpected right after wedding) at age 34 and had a smooth first trimester and even went travelling on work trips on my own etc. But always had a slight feeling of UTI (can pee without pain but tummy feels very gassy, bloated and mildly uncomfortable). At about 14 weeks plus, started to have weird backache for three days but kkh gynae and A&E told me its Normal. I kept feeling like I wanted to pee late one night (I now know it's a feeling of vaginal pressure) but saw mucus plug on tissue. When I went back to bed, my water bag ruptured fully and I wet the entire bed. Lost baby heartbeat two days later in kkh and had to do d&c.

2) 2015: Found out sac was blighted ovum at seven weeks and did d&c. Had switched to private experienced doc at Gleneagles.

3) 2016: Got pregnant this April and was very happy. Had quit job to rest fully as gynae had told me that first miscarriage was most likely due to incompetent cervix. Started bed rest at home, took weekly progesterone jabs, took duphaston pills daily and did cerclage at week 13. Cerclage went well with minimal bleeding n no pain for a week. After finishing antibiotics course for five days, starred to feel this gassy twitchy weird sensation in lower abdomen which I thought was due to my bad constipation and gas. Then a day after an uneventful checkup and scan, I woke up and peed a huge clot. Gynae warded me for five nights during which I had these weird zapping pains in my stomach (I think they were contractions but both head nurse and gynae said contractions are squeezing sensations). I developed high fever, went into shock, was put on Ventolin and antibiotics drip. Baby heartbeat was fine and water bag was ok on high res scan at hospital. But on Sunday morning, while peeing in commode, I felt a clot fall out and my husband saw that it was our baby hanging out. :(

Does anyone have anything similar? To always have water bag burst n baby fall out at 14 weeks? I already had a cerclage stitch in. Were these losses due to incompetent cervix, contractions or infection? I am feeling very sad and lost because both babies were physically perfect, had great heartbeats, were growing normally and were low risk for trisomy.

Do you have experience with the nuh recurring miscarriage unit and should I be seeing the docs there instead of a normal gynae? :(

Hi,

I had 2nd trimester misscarriage loss my baby boy at week 17.

I have a boy now wt cerclage done at week 15.

So dont give up.

can someone please tell me what is this??

Attachments

• 72444F31-10E5-415E-ADC0-13C1C21F801D.jpeg
    72444F31-10E5-415E-ADC0-13C1C21F801D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 364

Back