Support group - Miscarriages

Jhw,
Dun worry too much. Relax... The more u wanted it, the more it delay.
Since Dr Su didn't say anything goes wrong, meantime dun pressuring urself.
Continue take Dr Su medicine, I'm sure it will help u.

Celest,

okay, i shall patiently wait for AF to come.
all the menses symptoms setting in but just won't come... haiz
i want to look for gynaes to check my body, but all gynaes seem to be full until jan.... so popular de...
do you think i should wait for one more week?
if one more week, AF still dun come, i will just go KKH to check what's wrong? (even though i really hate kkh)

hi jhw,

I can understand your anguish, I had a slightly similar experience with you. This is the very first cycle we consulted TCM, and my AF just kept delaying... I was worried that TCM kinda "messed up" my system, lengthened my cycle, I directly translated that into meaning I have to wait longer to be pregnant. It was tormenting because I don't know what was going on in my body, but according to the 3 HPTs, I did, I was not pregnant. And even more confusing was my bloatedness and gas, which felt like pre-AF symptoms anyway.

But there really isn't anything I could except wait. I still had meds from my TCM doctor which I was taking daily, so I called and asked what I should do now, my AF is very late but HPT shows BFN. The TCM advised me to come down and see the doc, and the morning before my TCM appt, I had a BFP. Our elation was shortlived tho, because at Wk 6, when there was still no sac, my gynae advised us to prepare for mc.

The most important thing is for you to have confidence. Think about it this way, our body is amazing, and it is able to take care of itself very well, but when we do decide we might need help from doctors, TCM or western, we should give the doctors time to know our bodies and we should trust the doctors and our own bodies, stop imagining the worse, it sounds like you already have enough stress as it is!

Throughout this 2 weeks, the constant visits to the gynae made me realize that visits are very expensive and makes me even more anxious! So mayb just listen to Dr Su, and take things one step at a time, if she tells you nothing is wrong, what do you think a visit to the gynae will tell u?
happy.gif

Jo78

Thanks for your reply !!
happy.gif

I am sorry that I reminded you of your sadness !!
I actually trust my TCM judgement that I am not BFP….. but I am really hoping for AF to come…. Yup…. Come to think of it, I indeed give myself too much stress… maybe because I really wanted a bb so badly to fill the gap, next month is my lost bb edd, and I kinda worried that I cannot control my sadness….. Ya !!! it is so difficult to survive nowadays… Gynaes are so hard to book and worst of all, their fees are so expensive !!! okok I will listen to you gals, and not to worry anymore…. Take one step at a time…. Maybe later I will go book movie ticket to watch a show…. Relax and enjoy…

And I am also having the same bloatedness and gas as u did…

Btw, who is your TCM….

jhw, My TCM is Dr Tan, at Clementi... emotionally I am ok, not as traumatised as many others, I guess because of my faith, and also it was such a short and unexpected BFP, we kinda lost it before we came to terms that we were expecting. So don't worry about reminding me of sadness
happy.gif

una,
thanks for your concern, the visit to the gynae this morning was pretty uneventful. As expected, he said the MC is complete and my uterus is empty now. He also advised we can start trying again after my next AF, but for this cycle, he'd prefer us to let the hormones settle a little.

I asked him what his view is on TCM fertility treatments, his response was very interesting, he said personally he's not a big fan of it. In fact, he knows an NUS doctor who went to China to study TCM and learnt that many so-called TCM meds prescribed for fertility are actually hormones, dong quai is one of them. But he did have an German patient who was barren who was consulting a TCM for hairloss, she was administered acupuncture to warm her womb (which was related to her hairloss), and she fell pregnant after the treatment, so he's more inclined to the effectiveness of acupuncture.

He's asked us to try for another 6 months before going back to him, he says he hopes very much that the next time we meet, it's because I am pregnant. It's abit puzzling that he is not bothered at all that I am reaching 35 in 6 mths...

In the meantime, I will TTC with TCM - acupuncture and meds for both of us, and hope to be expecting soon!
happy.gif

jo78

i see, i heard that Dr Tan is good !! u are in safe hands...

I might want to watch The Hobbit alone!!
i always wanted to try watching a Movie alone.. i think it is very cool to do so.... dun laugh haha i know some of you may have tried it before... but personallly i have not..

jhw, haha I know what you mean, I think watching a movie alone is cool too! For me I would watch a Chinese movie more, because hubby jiak kentang and wouldn't watch Chinese movies hahaha... Must remember to empty your bladder before The Hobbit, it's a 3-hr show!!

Jhw,
Dr Su already mention nothing wrong with ur body, no point wasting ur money.
But I will advise tat if ur next cycle still no period, then best to consult a gynea.
For tis mth, ur mood n stress level is high. Tat must be the prob of missing ur AF.
What u can do now is, try stop thinking abt ttc now. Let nature take the course.
The more we wanted bb, the more it harder to get. Going for movie is a good way to relax. Let a day be URS.. Enjoy!

jo78

wah !! 3 hour show... Nvm... i try not to take big gulp of water ... haha

Celest,

i think you are right... we should just trust our body Mucus instead of relying on apps..... haiz... i suddenly remember i have the Mucus you mentioned about one Week after the Supposedly O date that my mobile apps suggested... so it may mean i O late.... ARGH!!

Jhw,

Try your best to relax k.. Maybe go shopping?? Keke.. Have been indulging in retail therapy together with hubby past few wks and we've been very happy!! Hehe.. Enjoy your movie k! Since u have ur own place now, can also rent videos and have movie marathon with ur hubby
happy.gif

Actually 3 plus yrs back not long after i started ttc-ing, i also missed my period for like 2-3 wks late.. Kept testing but bfn.. I only went to check with my gynae after the same thing happened the subsequent cycle.. Did blood test and realised suddenly got hormonal imbalance, doc says it's normal when around 30 yrs old.. Anyway, i rejected taking meds to induce af, chose to wait it out, i believe it'll come eventually! I then started taking omega 3 cos doc says gd for such probs.. I was consistent with it and all was gd after 2 mths.. Sometimes no choice, gotta be patient.. Since u taking dr su's med to help, it'll be ok.. Go gynae also he/she might suggest taking meds to induce, which i don't think we like the idea..

Min,
ya i agree with u...
I also don't like the idea of inducing AF with medicine, especially western.... i suppose tcm should be ok since it is natural... i guess maybe for my case, it is really hormones imbalance but i must say the symptoms are really quite similar between pregnancy, AF and imbalance hormones..

hey ladies..

im back after a time of tears and anguish..cos most likely it's another episode of chemical pregnancy again (faint faint positive on one of the days) in the midst, while waiting for my AF to be full flow im just trying to put my mind off ttcing for the moment and try after CNY, maybe year of the dragon is not good for me who is born in the year of the goat..

Chris

Big big hug !!
why you say it is likely to be chemical pregnancy?
Not confirmed right? maybe everything will be alright?

its good to take a break... i think i want to take a break too... probably try next month....
Dragon is clash with dog... not goat.... dun worry !! Talk to us as and when !!! We are here for you...

cos actually one of the days very faint positive before the neg tests..so most likely loh..no lah no hope liao this time. Im not giving myself false hope anyway i've moved forward already..will just go thru christmas and the new year enjoying some red wine and alcoholic deserts..thanks anyway
happy.gif
is it? but i feel it's clash with me too haha

Chrisl, hugs!!! It's good to know that you have moved on.. Enjoy yourself during this season, and indulge in your Fav food n drink. Press on, and try again when u r ready.
happy.gif

I'll be going for my FET tomorrow morning... Am feeling tad bit lousy cos hubby is not around, and I have to go through everything alone again.
sad.gif

hey joyfully!

All the best for your FET tomorrow! Don't feel down ok cos hv to stay positive to receive your embbies..think about it tomorrow you'll be considered preggy
happy.gif
how long will your hubby be away? Got any one to cook for you? Don't feel that you'll be going thru all alone ok..you hv us sisters here in this forum
happy.gif
Im sure we can give you some kind of support here and our listening ears
happy.gif

Chrisl, thanks for your support.
happy.gif
yeah, you're right, this forum has really given me lotsa support. I have been keeping mum about my FET, other than hubby and this forum. Haha...

Hubby will only be coming back on wed evening. I'll cook my own meal after ET. But most prob will be heading to my parents' place in the evening, and the day after.. So at least I won't feel lonely...

I'll try to stay positive. The only thought that keeps me happy is that I am gonna be reunited with my "babies".

Chris, min,
Yes yes, we should enjoy and indulge in our fav food and drinks in this holiday seasons, ttcing is important but not everything in our life!!! Lets jiayou again after a good break!!

Joyfully
all the best to FET!!!
Tomorrow is wednesday already , your hubby will be back just nice to talk to your babies while u are resting at home...!!! Meanwhile we are all here to support u!!
Jiayou jiayou!!

Hui, thanks for your well wishes.

I am back home, feeling good so far, cos my embbies are with me.
happy.gif

Let's all jiayou together, and may all our wishes be fulfilled soon.

jo78,
thanks for sharing wat ur dr said, i kinda agree tt the meds the tcm prescribed for me seems hormone related. it caused some pms-like symptoms for me. i oso have quite a lot of faith in acupuncture, but i dun have any access to it now, so cannot use tt one. my gynae oso told me cheerfully after my d&c tt i will conceive v quickly, i did lah, but then mc again. later i saw a tcm who told me tt my womb is weakened so must bu2 before i ttc again.

jhw,
about the late period, long long ago during exam period, my af was >1 month late, but after tt it returned as thoh nothing had happened. if u dun mind, i think can just wait it out... i think watching a movie alone is quite cool! i haven't tried tt either, but i haf tried eating alone in restaurants. last time v scared of doing so, but i read this article about eating alone, then the person wrote "i enjoy my own company enough to eat alone" then i thot hey, y not?
btw, u changed ur name to hui?

Mich,
yeah i think i will write down a list that i will try everything alone for just one day.... watch movie alone, go overseas trip alone, go take a course alone again which i had done before, and yes yes u inspired me, go eat restaurant alone which is a nice idea, sounds nice to have a Me time just once.... oh ya there was one thing which i did alone during first few days of my mc, i visited kkh for final check alone...i thought that was not easy as i was still not emotionally well then, i kept crying in kkh...

What else can we try to do alone?

Oh ya new name, new start , new hope... and hopefully new cycle start soon

hui: maybe take a window seat on a not-so-crowded bus that cuts through neighbourhoods you've not been before, and just watch the world go by. Or grab a book and sit in a cafe, and when you are tired, you can watch people walk by. I do that sometimes when I need to be by myself. Strangely, I always find calm and peace sitting in a quiet space that is situated in a crowded place.

hi una,

I'm quite new to the forum, so not sure what you mean by not having having access to acupuncture, are you overseas?

jo78, mich...
think i must try acupuncture one day too...

Jenny
the bus idea is great ! perhaps i can take bus 30 to travel from Bedok to Jurong ... its a long journey, can see see look look...
Actually i like Airport and Libraries very much.... they give me a quiet and peaceful feeling when i need to be myself

Hi sisters!!!,

I am back!! How's everyone? Anyone disappear from the thread?

Got to get busy with X'mas preparation, so I will not be back-treading for the past 1.5 weeks.

hui,
oh i have taken courses alone. quite often oso! coz i like to learn new stuff! n usually meet lots of new friends with common interests. i wanted very much to travel alone, but my mum was very concerned, so tt one cannot do lah. take 174! go past orchard road n can see the christmas light up. visiting kkh alone, hugs, u're v brave, can understand how u felt then...

jo,
ya i'm not staying in sg. only can see tcm when i return to sg. den long long ago, when i was on hol in taiwan, somehow i found a good dr to do acupuncture for me, i had acupuncture done everyday for about 1 week+, when i returned to work, my colleague commented tt i looked v refreshed. but then i dun really know any acupuncture dr in sg, so oso dunno where to go.

Princess,
welcome back! how was ur trip?

jhw,

Its a great trip!! Nice cold weather to get away from our hot weather. Yes, how nice X'mas is getting closer day after day.

Dun be dishearten!! What happen? AF reported?

Jhw,
Still used to call Jhw as ur nickname. *^^*
Hm... Outing time alone. U can do lots of thing.
For example, shopping, high tea, massage.
Whenever I feel ME time... I give myself a good day shopping, nobody to stop me from buying thing ma. Haha!

Princess,
Yeah i feel the X'mas mood now !!
No, AF has not reported... very worrying... Dr Su say my hormones imbalance.... AF will probably come next mth
sad.gif

Mich,
Great idea To liven up the X'mas mood... !!
my mum is also very concerned about me travelling overseas alone... so i have to think of a way to get her consent .. haha sound like a kid..

Celest
ya.... i also suddenly not used to forum people calling me hui hahahaha

princess,

She feel from the pulse that i am very stressed...
but i was indeed very stressed in the month of nov.. because i just took on a new role as Planner... and the job is really demanding... got too many reports and meetings to attend...
and my hb was also sick last month which added to my stress...

jhw,

I see. Try to stay calm. If really cannot handle the work stress, then talk to your boss about it. If not, try to distract yourself away work with something else after working hours. Dun bring work home to do!

I know you are stressed with HB getting sick and may affect his troops. But actually, guys troops took 3 months to fully developed. So, the troops now are 3 months back condition. So, you may still strike a healthy baby.

Keep thinking of positive thoughts. Festive atmosphere is all around. Should feel happy!!

Princess,
Oh... Sweet of u for remember my test. Lol
Thanks lord, our test was positive, all report show both us healthy.
Dr think i might not been ovulatating well enough for the troop to meet. He suggest I shd try IUI, meaning I needed be on clomid.
Anyway, as long the report show positive. Nothing we shall worry.
It just a matter of time... Jiayou!!

jhw,
Xmas mood good! hb bought me a table top xmas tree, but then dunno y some of the more elaborate ornaments cost even more than the tree, omg. the big tree in taka must cost a bomb.

need a bit of advice on my facial package course. the facial place had some treatments tt were not suitable for pregnant women, so they always ask discreetly; so i told them n they recorded in my file tt time. subsequently i mc n dunno how to go there, feel so awkward having to inform some strangers that i mc. still got so much balance too... how to tell the people without having to deal with the pitiful looks?

princess...
i read about the 3 months troops thingy before..
hope it is true.... if it is really true.. means my hubby's troops in Feb won't be that mobile...

Mich..
I understand what you are going through..
if me, i also would not know how to tell those facial ladies about my mc.... Maybe you can change branch? will the other branch have the same records? if yes, then maybe tell the other branch that they got the wrong information, ask them to amend? i know it is very bad to lie... but it is a white lie... to protect yourself from having to face those..

Celest,

Good to hear everything is fine. Well, if doc suggest iui, then go for it! Some people strike on the first time! Must have hope!! Somemore, the reports show both of you are well. If there is really ovulation problem, then perhaps may have to go for so-iui, with the injections will give further boost. I had done 1 iui, and 2 so-iui. Back then, doc recommended us to do cos trying for more than 2 yrs already and HB's troops condition very bad.

jhw,

Dun think too much. Who knows you may strike before Feb. I had lots of friends who drink and smoke heavily. They still have healthy babies. When its time, nothing can stop it from coming. You will have your rainbow baby soon. Positive thoughts!!

GBOB, thanks!!

Hi princessleopard,

You must be feeling rejuvenated after your trip!
happy.gif
Time to get busy for x'mas preparation! Hehe.. Wanna check with you, i remember last time you talked about testing of ovulation.. I bought some ovulation test strips, they don't really come with a lot of instructions.. Was wondering am i supposed to use first morning urine, and just test once a day? TIA!
happy.gif

Mich,

I went for a facial at my dermatologist after my mini confinement cos i think the heaty food caused an outbreak.. Hmm i just told the therapist i had an m/c.. It was ok i guess.. She said sorry to hear about that, but after that just focused on the facial and my skin.. Maybe you don't have to worry? People don't usually ask or talk too much abt it..

jhw,

Try to relax and have fun k.. It's the festive season and it's the 1st celebration in your own home!
happy.gif

Princess,
I'm staying relax n not thinking abt ttc anymore.
Leave everything to the Dr n just follow the process.
Dun dare to place any hope into IUI, so I wouldn't be disappointed.
If we meant to be Mothers, we will sure become one day. Only a matter of time. *^^*

Look like aft the hoilday, u staying more positive n cheerful now. Good to see that...
Tomolo I be going Melaka for 2 days n same time celebrate our anniversary. Horrey!! Altot it a short trip but out of Singapore already lessen my stress level. Lol...

min81,

Yes, gotta busy with X'mas preparation. Left 3 days to go...

The OPK, its better to use it in the afternoon. Its more accurate that way. Most times I use once a day, unless first test I see a faint positive line, then I will test again a couple hours later.

Celest,

Perhaps its better that way. Lesser stress, higher chances of success!
Malacca is nice, always loved that place. Enjoy!!

Princess and Min

yes yes !!! positive thoughts !! X'mas is finally Coming !!! And I am so happy looking at my X'mas tree !!! i am now thinking what to cook for my family on this festive seasons.... in my new home !!! I love my new home !!

Celest,

Enjoy your Melaka Trip!! Melaka is always my favourite hangout in Malaysia... plenty of good food and Peaceful surroundings... Eat Eat Eat !!! and chill out.... Let us all leave everything to fate and just indulge ourselves in happiness !!

Min,

i came across the thread on IUI...
and read about your stories of adoption...
I felt very touched and i suddenly felt that Adopting a child is really a very noble thing to do...

Back