Support group - Miscarriages

Thanks gals..

So angry with my hubby... Woke up now to let him help me jab and then he jab at the 'wrong' place..the spot where I didn numb with ice pack!! *slaps forehead* So was so painful and drew blood as well!

Chrisl,
oh no, doesn't sound good at all, does icing it after help? try to stay in a better mood? it will all b over soon n u will b carrying an adorable baby in ur arms soon.

Chrisl,

That's remind me when I do so-iui, every morning need to wake up hubby to jab for me. Yet worried that he is too stone to do it. I always make sure he jab on the correct place. *fainted

Princess,
I know it tiring to deal with our body condition but remember as long we are with TCM, I believe our body be back to shape n carry our bb soon.
Jiayou Jiayou!!

Una,
No worries. I'm glad that I can help u answer those Q. *^^*

ChrisL,
In the middle of sleep, can be hard for them.
Keep urself in better mood ya, go n sleep somemore. Huggie.

Hey ladies, I'm new in here. Just curious if d&c is the same as "excavation of uterus" as used by the hospital?

If yes, I did the procedure about two weeks ago after my baby stopped growing after 7w. I still experience on-off pulling sensation at my uterus, and sometimes the pulling can be a bit painful when I pass gas or number two. I still experience low-grade fever no higher than 37.8C. I've been to gynae as well as GP for the fever but they can't find anything wrong with me. Gynae did US and confirmed it's clear inside. Just wondering if anyone else have similar symptoms?

I also still have blood spotting but it is more like smudges, only need pantyliners. People told me it should go away after 6 days, but it's nearly two weeks now, so a bit worried.

Thanks for hearing out!

Jenny,
D&C is used by hospital. Full name is Dilation and Curettage.
Not sure if it the same procedure. Normally for D&C, spotting will only stop at 4 to 6 weeks.

It best u get another gynea for 2nd opinion.
Having fever isst a good sign, might be a sign of infection too.
For this period, have u did any confirement meal or tonic?
When I doing mini confirement, my body temp raise too.

Hi jenny,

D&C is evacuation of uterus, the same thing.. The spotting is normal, mine was 5 wks, varies for individuals.. But i don't think u should be experiencing those pain.. Were u given antibiotics after the procedure? Cos there's risk of infection.. If the pain persists, maybe u wanna seek a 2nd opinion like celestine suggested..

Take care and get well soon!

Hi Jenny,
I have the same ans as Celest and min, i did have some pulling sensation after the D&C, but I didn't have any fever. Sometimes fever may indicate infection, as they suggested, a 2nd opinion wouldn't hurt i think. the spotting shd b ok as long as the blood is brownish n the amt is decreasing.
take care n rest more...

Hi una, jiatluk leh. I can't live without chilli
sad.gif
I will reduce my intake. FYI, tea contains more caffeine than coffee & yes caffeine can cause mc. But like I always say, moderation shd b ok eg. 1 or 2 cups a week shd b fine but once bfp, better stop totally
happy.gif

Yo Chrisl, *sayang sayang* I'm sure yr dh heart more pain that he caused u pain! Hehe

Hi Jenny, sorry I can't give u much info on d&c as mine was natural mc. But like what other sisters here alrdy pointed out, having fever, slight or not, is not a good sign. Better seek a second opinion. Hope all will b well for u. Meanwhile do a mini confinement n avoid cold food n drinks. Hugs

GBOB

i read and saw that lotus seeds are for:
people of all ages, especially women with vaginal discharge and bleeding disorders. Singaporeans who have fast paced, hectic lifestyles would also do well to consume the lotus seeds which promotes good sleep...

Who should avoid:
The lotus seed is not suitable for those with abdominal distention or constipation, as it will aggravate their symptoms

Jhw,
Thanks for sharing, but i couldn't see the wording well thru the forum wor.
Dun mind u email me? Hehehe!

Thanks jhw! I can make out the wordings except a tad bit on the lotus seed I can't c properly. Thanks for the article n for giving more info on the lotus seed! Muacks

Thanks for sharing the article, jhw! Actually lotus seeds also go well w red bean soup so those cooking can add some.

Min, oh can take brazil nuts every alternate day. I read that eating too much can put on weight cos of its high fats content. Just bought to try earlier in the week will start taking soon.

Princess,
Yes yes i think i still have... i will send u tmr...as now my hb using the pc heehee..

Gbob n miloqueen, celest, n the rest..
If u need me to send u, i can send to ur emails to

jhw,
thanks for sharing, pls send me? i share my email w u tomoro, hb keep hanging around here n there, haha...

GBOB,
i oso think everything in moderation shd b ok, i m a meat lover so impossible for me to become vegetarian as my yoga teacher says, but reduce chilli a bit still ok. ya, i will stop all e caffeine stuff after bfp, but enjoy now, haha

Miloqueen,
tt's quite a good suggestion, thanks!

Girls cfm, Dr Su is on holiday on 9 dec to 15 dec.
Today I'm here, scare tomolo will be super pack.
Clinic will only open on the 16 dec.

Ops! Paisia. I double check with Dr Su herself.
She be going Taiwan on 2 Dec, a week earlier.
Her hb be going on the 9 Dec. Paisia.. *^^*

Hey ladies, one day made a lot of difference! My fever is nearly gone. Hovering 36+C and only hitting a high of 37.04C. I did go to gynae as well as GP for opinions. More like it was an unrelated viral fever which happened when my immunity was low post-dc.

My pain is nearly no more. Gynae said my discomfort could be due to 'wind' and asked me to lay off 'cooling' vege like cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. Discharge is also reduced to negligible mere smudge.

Didn't know what happened miraculously but this was right after I posted here. So strange, haha.

Btw, can anyone share their experiences with Ban Choon Chan TCM? The tel is nearly impossible to call, couldn't get through the whole day. Too popular, I guess? Thinking of slowly adjusting my body back to normal health.

Gynae advised no sex till after 1st AF and preferably not get pregnant after 2 months. I see that some ladies here have differing opinions from their gynaes. I think everyone recovers at different rate, so just listen to gynae will be best ba?

Wishing all a good weekend ahead!
happy.gif

Jenny,

Glad to hear that you are getting better.

My gynae said sex is ok so long the bleeding but must use condom, cos for fear of infection. Different gynae does have different sayings about when to ttc. Perhaps its better to check with your gynae during your review after the first AF reports. For me, my first AF came back normal, so gynae give me green light to start ttc the following month.

Jenny, good to hear that you're feeling much better now.
happy.gif
Quite surprised to hear that your gynae actually subscribe to what tcm would also term as 'cooling' vege.

I think min and una may be able to share some info on Ban Choon Chan.

jenny...
glad to hear that !!
happy.gif

Take care of yourself and listen to your gynae not to take any cooling food... and icy cold food as well...
i don't know much about ban choon chan but heard from Mich that BCC will be closing from 17 dec to 2 Jan due to holidays... so do go before they close for the year !! all the best !!!

Jenny,

So glad to hear u're way better already
happy.gif
I also had a short episode of viral fever abt 3 wks after d&c.. Think body not strong yet and caught it easily from my hubby..

As for ban choon chan, u're calling to check on anything? I don't think they ever pick up their phone.. Cos also cannot make appt, must go there and queue..

Jenny,
good to hear tt u're better! i din try calling Ban Choon Chan, just went there to queue directly. i had been there once only so far, he is the kind of tcm who is able to gather information abt ur health from feeling ur pulse.
just fyi, there is no queue no, just 2 rows of chairs, then everyone just queues by sitting on the chair, so u pretty much have to b there all the time, cannot get queue no n then go for lunch tt kind.

Hi sorry to interrupt here. Ban Choon chan is on holiday till 21st dec. I went two weeks earlier to look for him but already closed. Seems like he is taking long long holiday. He is not open on mon & tue. If u wan to see him, best to c him on weekdays early at 8 plus. Weekends r full of couples & each couple takes bout 20 mins.

Jhw,

Yeah! Have a fun time putting it up and decorating it together with your hubby!
happy.gif
Don't think we'll put up this year cos after 4 yrs of use, my white x'mas tree now a bit yellow.. Keke..

Ladies going to ban choon chan, i went to check for any signs in front of the shop just now.. They put up a sign to say business resumes on 5 dec, this wednesday..

jhw,

That's nice!!

I had to wait for my painting job to be complete that can put up my X'mas tree. So, this year is a bit later than usual. Hope can be done before my trip.
happy.gif

princess, min,
i really can't wait for weekend to come and start decorating the new house with Xmas mood.. Woohoo!!
i will try to upload the pic to share with you all hehehehe

princess, when is your trip.... hope you able to put up on time too !!! Happy happy mood to see the Xmas tree !!!

min, my hb also love White Xmas tree !!! but it is too expensive usually hehe, so we bought a Mini white Xmas tree to display at TV cabinet hehehe to fulfill his wish of owning a White xmas tree...

jhw,

It's this weekend. Going for 10 days, so burn 2 weekends already. If this week cannot get it up, then have to do it when I get back. By then, only left one weekend for my preparation.

I really wish can finish this week, so when I get back from my trip, I can see my X'mas tree the moment I open the door!
happy.gif

Jhw, princess,

Exciting right! Hubby and i also love putting up the tree every year.. But this year i think we a bit lazy plus tree turning yellow.. Keke..

Jhw,

Oh is white tree more exp? We bought a full height one at abt $40 but 4 yrs ago la.. Now i dunno.. We like white too.. Cos like white x'mas.. Hehe..

Went to see my gynae this morning.. Confirmed postponed ivf to feb, good news is my doc will be around that period and all scans and procedures will be done by him.. I checked with him regarding my allergy rhinitis and eczema which i had from young, and nail psoriasis which started 3 yrs back and still not recovered.. I read these are auto immune disorders and can cause our antibodies to 'attack' the embryo or foetus.. He said based on what he sees, not necessary to test but will be good to do it for peace of mind.. So he got me to do a set of blood tests today at $175.. He said if results negative, means i got nothing to worry about already.. If positive, he'll refer me to immunologist to run further tests.. I should get the call in the next 3-4 days.. Keeping my fingers crossed!
happy.gif

min81,

Me too!! It's the best time of the year. I like white too, but hubby say white need more maintenance, so we got green one. Green ones really last very long, this is my second one in 16 years.

I crossed my fingers for you too on the results!!
happy.gif

Jhw,
Thanks for ur email!! Wah! U girls putting up Christmas tree.
The year I shift in my house, also can't wait to set up my first Christmas tree but every year I'm getting more lazier.
Thinking of keeping back the tree, tat scare me off. No easy at all. Lol

Princess,
Where u going? Nice to hv a long holiday. Enjoy enjoy!!
Who knows, u come back might hv bb dust for us. Best luck dear!

Min81,
Keep positive thought. Law of attraction. *^^*
I'm sure nothing wrong with u. Jiayou!!

Princessleopard, celest,

Thank you gals! I'll stay positive! Think my gynae just get me to do the test so that i will stop worrying about it.. Keke..

Celest,

Ya i know what you mean! Haha.. Setting up the tree is fun but keeping it is tedious..

Min, can share what does the BT test for and usually recommended only for ladies ttc? My DH also has eczema from young but it has improved since I got to know him. So far, we have not let it bother our ttc but if there is some form of test that can help pick up reason for concerns then maybe should consider. I read from the net that there is a higher probability for off-springs to have the same condition if either parent has it.

Princess,

10 days… wow !! where you going? Please enjoy yourself and relax.. and May you come back with a BFP!!
Yes yes, it is certainly nice to be able to go back Home with a Bright and Beautiful X’mas Tree greeting you for this lovely Seasons !!
happy.gif

Min

All the best to your Tests !!! Don’t worry, everything will be fine !!

Hmm… dunno leh, everywhere I go, I see White Xmas Tree selling at much expensive price than the Green one… and yes, I also feel that White one very hard to maintain, though more beautiful haha… So This year, I bought the green one as my First Xmas Tree… about 160 tall only… but I think it is quite cute too….
happy.gif
…. But in order to fulfill my hus’s desire of having a White one… we bought a Small Mini White Xmas Tree from Daiso…. Very cute too hehehe

Celest,

Ya, it is my first year putting up Xmas tree, so I am full of enthusiasm for it…
But I think as time goes, I will get lazy in years to come too…
Especially if we are going to have our little kids running about (Think Positive thoughts)…. Very hard to put up Xmas Tree also heheheheh
happy.gif

Jhw,

Thanks!! We said hope next yr got bb, then we go buy a new tree and set up everything nice nice for bb's 1st x'mas.. A lot of dreams hor.. Keke.. Your x'mas tree quite tall leh, as tall as me! It's time to shop for nice nice presents to put under the tree
happy.gif

Miloqueen,

I don't think the men have to do testing.. Yup eczema can be genetic.. So i hoping bb will take after daddy! My eczema also better now.. Haven't had a flare for ages but it's a chronic skin disorder, the skin will improve, worsen, improve, it's a cycle.. Basically no cure but can keep under control with proper care.. Why i brought it up was cos this lady was sharing with me that for her first 2 ivf, she had bad diarrhoea after ET.. She suspected her body was somehow rejecting the embryo.. Like me, she had allergy rhinitis and eczema.. She went for the full tests by immunologist and really needed treatment.. She went for a session of ivig before embarking on her 3rd ivf.. She's now 10 wks preggy.. So i thought, well, just test lor, some more suffered m/c before.. But my gynae said don't need full test first..

Min,
Good to hv the test done, my gynea keep insisting I got no problem but I die die wan to test. Least keep myself at eases.
Even I face any prob, least I know n can do something with it.

This few days my hubby very stress out, been throwing temper onto me.
He scare tat his test result might not be good n disappointed me.
Keep ensuring him tat even got problem, just take medicine n exercise to reduce his weight. Troop will improve.
Haiz! I'm dealing a big baby n same time my mum fell down n crack her arm. Tiring weekend.

Jhw,
When our child grows up, he/she can set up Christmas tree with us too. So sweet n fun for those kid.
When I'm young, how I wish my parent will buy Christmas tree so I can set it up together.
Imaging imaging... Laws of attraction! Hehe!

Miloqueen,

Anyway, don't need to worry too much k.. Having allergy and eczema doesn't mean can't have smooth pregnancy.. It depends on individual.. And in your case, it's your hubby who has eczema.. The tests i did today were:

Anti-Cardiolipin Antibody (lgG)
Anti-Cardiolipin Antibody (lgM)
Lupus Anticoagulant Screen
Rheumatoid Factor (RF)

Min, wah the terms are so chim. I think I just mention to gynae the next time I see her. I don't think it should affect ttc unless very severe. Your test will be fine, so don't worry as well.

Oh I tried cooking the red bean soup w longgan last weekend. It's quite nice except that my slow cooker took ages to boil!

Hi hi milo queen, trick to cook the red bean faster is to soak the red bean overnight n put in a porcelain spoon whilst boiling. It will help to bring up the heat faster n the red beans will cook faster

i also want a christmas tree, the other day i saw one fully decorated mini tree with lights n all, i think tt kind is so convenient since i stay with the in laws. haha, just plug it in n voila!

princess,
holiday sounds so nice! hope u come back with good news! wah ur tree really last v long, 16 yrs!

min,
i also haf allergic rhinitis n eczema, n my gynae asked me to take the first 3 tests u mentioned, all came out normal for me. did the dr explain y need to do the RF test? i abit curious about tt...

Celest,
hope ur hb results come out soon, tt time my hb's result came out v fast, following day out alr i think, mabbe can just call ur dr to ask how it is so u can get more peace.

Miloqueen,
i sometimes see my mum boil the things before she puts them in the slow cooker.

GBOB,
porcelain spoon is a good suggestion, mabbe i shd try tt with my thermal cooker.

Back