Support group - Miscarriages

Hi lyn,

Long time never come to update myself on this thread cos very busy at work.

Understand you are preggie? Congratulations! I'm happy for you. How many weeks already?

Hello anyone here?
There is not much of activity in here these days.... wonder where everyone has gone to?

Hi Yasmin! How r you? I m still around, popping in now & then but never post anything. Hee hee...been busying with other stuff.

Hi Karen_SG,

My gynae's advice is after the D&C, there will be a bleeding for abt 5 to 10 days, then it should stop. And for first AF after the D&C, it can be heavier than the normal one.

Since your D&C is on 31 May, on 24 June which is abt 3 weeks+, so is quite normal that your AF to be around then. But if the flow is still rather heavy now maybe is better to call up your gynae to check.

For my case is opposite yours. My D&C is begining of this month, it bleeded for 6 to 7 days then stop. Then last week, 3 weeks+ after the D&C, it starts to bleed again for 5 to 6 days then stop. But the flow is very very light so dun noe is it considered AF. Called the clinic, their reply was wait till the next AF and if still like that then got to go back for checkup.
sad.gif

Hi Droopy,
Your reply to me on 1 July is that you also had slight bleeding 3 week+ after the D&C, but did you get the normal blood flow come in after the first few days? Thanks.

Can't await for AF to back to normal and try to conceive again. hee....

Hi confused,
Nope. AF not here yet. Feel dry these days, think shld be on the way. Come Sat will be 3 wks after D&C.

hello gals,

A BIG THKS to everyone for the warm blessings.. my labour was absolutely smooth sailing & totally painless (cos i took epidural lah!!). But hor, the recovery process was quite difficult for me.. cos i got poor pain management, got piles & stitch wound to nurse which was too much for me... i even told my GP dat i will not hv another child again!! hehee.... ;p

still trying to cope wif breastfeeding cos there's a lot of uncertainties lah... always worried he's not getting enuff from me... onie after checking wif lotsa pple then i'm slightly more confident now... i think eating lotsa fish during pregnancy really helps cos my milk came in quite early, the first few days breasts were badly engorged cos bb not suckling well... hhmm.. all in all, everyday is a new learning experience for me & i truly enjoy it... thou now nipples sore liao... ;p

i dun hv pics of my boi to attach here cos hubby download it into his own laptop... will try to get him to do it for me soon...

hey Lyn,
CONGRATZ!!! here's to a smooth 9 mths for u!!
happy.gif

Hi Tubby,
So Happy that u posted. Hope everything is fine with you and yr dear boy boy. Tell us more abt your birth story leh . What's his name and weight har??? Remember to attach his pics to show us hor?

I am waiting for Odie and Miao2 to post their birth story.

dear Tiantian,
things has been fine so far & luckily there's no major conflicts wif the confinement lady... i quite like her cooking thou her standard of cleanliness towards bb & housework is so-so onie..

my boi's name is Jaedon and he is 2.76kgs when born... measuring 51cm... alot of ppls told me he's considerd a tall baby, or will grow up tall cos of long limbs... but hor.. both me & hubby r not the tall kind leh...

okie, my birth story:
24/6/05: Went for my routine gynae check-up at 36wks5days. Strapped on to do CTG first b4 seeing gynae, cld hear bb's strong heartbeat thru'out. after 20min, nurse walked in & said bb is not moving well.. she shook my tummy & said monitored for 10 more min... i started to panic... she came in again & ask me did i feel bb's movements.. i said veri slight, she said no good, shake again & left... i started crying liao.. hubby told me to calm down since heartbeat is gd... dis went on for another 20mins wif 2 more shakes from the nurse... towards the last 5mins, bb started moving more....

my gynae says it looks ok, tell me not to worry, but i hv to monitor his movemtns v closely.. deep in my heart, i know i can;t wait liao... so i ask her the option of inducing since bb's weight is good.. she checked my cervic & was surprised dat i was 3cm dilated liao... so i opted to induce the next day at 8am
happy.gif
actually my entire family wanted me to admit immediately cos sis says 3cm is in active labour...

after discussing wif hubby, we decided to admit after midnite, jus to monitor bb's heartbeart & movements... jus to play safe lah... the moment i stepped into eastshore & told them i was 3cm dilated & hvg veri bad shooting backpains, they declare me in active labour & push me to labour ward... so i was strapped to CTG the whole nite.. dint sleep at all...

25/06/05
6am: Nurse came in to insert enema to clear bowels
7am: Breakfast is served.. i finished everything up to ensure i got energy later... then i told the nurse dat i wanted epidural b4 the drip starts...
happy.gif

8.15am: Anesthetist came. As i was not hvg major contractions, i was told to sit up & hug a pillow.. process took abt 15min to complete...
8.45am: Gynae came in & was surprised i took epi orady... she checked & i was 4-5cm dilated.. anyway, she broke my waterbag & started the drip... i was numb but i cld still move my legs lah... cld see stomach hardening but no pain at all...
happy.gif
In between, nurses came in & checked on me & i was still smiling at them...
happy.gif

10.25am: I was officially 5cm dilated... sian halfway.. cos i tot wld be veri fast... told myself to relax & not think too much... my legs getting abit heavy, hubby massage for me... 11.00am: requested to reduce epi cos veri numb... immediately i felt abit pain ard vagina, so i told nurse.. she suspect i am all open & did a check.. true enuff, i am all open & she told me i can push anytime when i feel contractions.. i position myself properly & started pushing wif all my energy... after 4 sets of pushes, my gynae walked in & told me to stop & relax cos bb head is crowning liao... she quickly put on the gown & told me she will do the cut for me... i told her watever she deem fit...
11.25am: Within a flash, bb Jaedon is born & placed on my body... the sight of him on my body crying & kicking is such a great relief for me..
happy.gif

wow tubby..

it's sounds like such a wonderful experience!! you made the right move to admit early and monitor.. better be safe than sorry..

I might be back to square one again... tomolo is judgement day... Pray hard for me ya?

I wanna remain as a happy sunflower... I gonna be happy sunflower
happy.gif

thanks tubby for sharing ur birth story..

A Big Congrats to u and ur hubby.. A new addition of Baby Jaedon to the family..

Lyn, what happened.. care to share..

I will pray hard that things will be alright.. Dun scare urself and be positive if u can..

Lyn, dun be too stress, have faith okie?

Cherry, the slight bleeding I had is on n off for 3 weeks, then I got the normal white cervical mucus, then 4th week, spot again for a few days, then finally real menses, after that spot again...then stop. 2nd AF is very normal like before m.c.

Congrats Tubby!

hey girls..
today i discovered something very strange. i realise there're milk coming out of my breasts when i squeeze the nipples!! what is happening??? this is like 4 weeks after my d&c already, so why am I still producing milk??

I'm still in the state of shock. does this mean my AF won't come so soon?? do anyone know when the milk will dry up??

Hi Tubby,
CONGRATS!CONGRATS!CONGRATS!
Your birth story, brought back pleasent memories to me. I really enjoyed the giving birth process, its a real miracle. I want to see Jaedon's pics leh.... BTW, I find that epidural is truly God sent, cos it really helped me to enjoy the process of giving birth.
happy.gif

Hi Lyn, I really pray for the best for you and your baby! Take care! Please keep us posted.

Hi Bellybutton, I think its because of the hormones. Shld be ok no need to panic. AF will surely come. My SIL, got pregnant with 2nd baby while BF her 1st one. So I guess if got abit of milk when squeezed will not have such a tremendous impact. Dont worry ok.
happy.gif

Thanks Droopy! Hope next round of AF will be fine.
happy.gif

Hi Lyn, all the best and take care.

Hi Bellybutton,
Guess you need not to worry, should be ok. Many pple will still got AF while bf. Somemore, for those who don't bf one, the milk flow will stop very fast and get their AF. I'm also waiting for mine to come soon and back to normal soon; understand how you feel.
happy.gif

Take care!

Tubby, Congrats!!! i'm so touched after reading your birth story. sounds like a wonderful delivery to me. remember to post some pix of Jaedon.

btw my niece was born on 4 july & i got to carried her yesterday & she slept so soundly in my arms. hubby said i look like i'm her mummy & i told him i can't wait to have my own kid. hopefully it won't be too long.

Lyn, have faith ok. all the best, keep us updated.

Bellybutton, don't panic. It is not unusual. It does not mean that AF is not coming. For miscarriages that happen at a later stage, the AF will only come 6-8 weeks later,jus like full term preg.

folic

Lyn, pls dun despair and lose all hopes..

I will pray hard for u that everything is alright.. Pls have faith..

God Bless..
296604.gif

Hi Ladies,

I hv been feeling hungry very often, craving for food and stomach felt funny (is like too much thing containing in my uterus). Anybody has this type of feeling b4? TOday is my CD30. If my next mensus come, that is my 2nd mensus after D&C.

hello gals

yasmine - oic. remember hor! dont stress yourself n your AF will be here very soon.

lyn - yeah! i agree with hamasaki, dont despair. i can understand your feeling (the fear is there) right now you got to be positive.

i'm oso like you wen i knew i m pregnant. Worse ah, the gynae told me no heartbeat n water bag doesnt look nice n i was so worried. But i tell myself that i must be strong n positive. After waiting 1 week to see for my actual gynae he told he told me there's heartbeat n every time when i go for checkup my heart going to drop off.

Try to talk to your bb n ask bb to be strong n you want to see bb.

Gals - i juz came back from my checkup. N/T scan. Bb pass the test n bb very active. Spread Baby Dust to u gals n jia you yeah!
happy.gif

hi confused
happy for u. Take Care!
hv a nice weekend.

thought my gynae gave me green light for ttc but i am still dare not try. very confuse..

Gals...
It's not my luck this time. I am going for laparoscopy tomorrow afternoon to search and remove the implantation. Please pray for me I wun wake up in pain... scared scared ah...
sad.gif

On the brighter side, I can conceive
happy.gif
I think I dare not try again... Seems like all my pregnancies gotta end with a surgery
sad.gif

Dear Lyn,

Really sorry to learn what had happen. Just to let you know that we are all here to lend a listening ear when u are ready to talk about this.

May faith be with you!

hi Lyn, I feel so sad to hear of what happened to you..

I hope u will recover soon and anything, just free free to contact me..

morning gals

Droopy eyes n hamasaki - thanks
happy.gif

fragile - thanks. I can understand your feeling but dont be afraid to try again. i'm juz like u too. (when i know i m pregnant, i oso got negative thoughts but i tell myself that if i failed tis time i going to give up liao) its the nurse that give me the courage to keep trying. Some woman got m/c many times n still manage to give birth. So y must i give up. Be postitve okie?
happy.gif

Lyn - oh! So sorry n sad to hear that. Btw, how do u know that tis pregnancy fail? i thought u going to c gynae tis sat? take care n rest well.

Thank you gals...
happy.gif

confused,
Today is surgery day
sad.gif
I have been seeing gynae daily for the past few days and had bloodtest and everything. It all started with some bleeding.

Wish you a smooth pregnancy
happy.gif
It's just not my luck this time round...

Bellybutton,
Gynae suspected ectopic. I had slight sharp pain on one side. I have been bleeding since Wed. It's not a lot. The ultrasound result stated that ectopic pregnancy cannot be ruled out.
sad.gif

lyn,

hope that you take good care of yourself and i hope that its really not ectopic pregnancy..

watever it is,do stay strong and good things will come your way...

Afternoon Gals,
Lyn, dun be discouraged, a relative of ours just successfully gave birth to a baby after 3 failed tries. One of his bb could not survive beyond 12 days after birth. This successful one just celebrated his full month. I am so happy for him even though I am not particularly close to him. He & his wife are indeed strong people. They are in their 40s so I can understand their fears. They did not give up, so now they are happy parents. We should not give up too!

Agree totally with confused, y must give up!

lyn - oic. i thought everything goes smoothly for u n thought that i'll hear gd news from u today. yeah! really sorry to hear that. Dont give up okie? now the most important thing is ti bu your health n never have negative thoughts.

u see Droopy eyes relative. it really give us hope n be positive.

Droopy eyes - wow! really happy for your relative. ya! we should not juz give up n dont let the past hold us back. keep trying until we success. Jus like people saying if fall down liao, stand up again. I'm sure everyone of us can do it. (life still have to carry on)
to be franke. i dare not read those negative/sad story abt pregancy. i keep telling myself n bb that we got to be a strong person n look forward.
btw, u start ttc liao mah?

hello everybody,
I'm back home doing my confinement now. Little bb in the room sleeping now.
I was scheduled for c section on tues (5/7) I never thought I can be so brave huh. I'm very proud of myself cos I've chosen epi c section instead of GA. I wanted to see and be able to hear my little bb's first cry when she's out. Wow.. that moment I hear her cry ... I was so happy I cried. My hubby was beside me and he spoke to me into my ears... "our little gal is here, mummy.. she's so cute!!"

It was indeed a very unforgetable experience.
happy.gif

Never got time to edit the pictures yet.. Until then I post it here for you ok.

Dear lyn, {{{ BIG HUGS}}} i'm sorry to hear what u went through, its really unfortunate but like what u said, at least u know u can conceive. look on the brighter side, ya? don't give up just yet, keep trying but give yourself some time to heal after the op. u still have my number right? feel free to give me a buzz if u ever need a listening ear.

Hi miao, Congrats!!!! feel so happy for u!!! finally, your bb has arrived!! don't forget to post pix of your little one. but hor, why your birth story so short ah?? ohh.... i'm so happy for all the new mummies here.

Back