Suction d&c or Pill induced

Amun

Hello mummies, I had an early pregnancy loss and it is difficult for me and hubby. It is my first time here in a forum and I like to ask everyone here to help share what they feel or experienced during pregnancy loss, and choosing the best method for yourself.

would you choose d&c or pill method to remove baby loss? Thank you.

Hi Amun, sorry for your loss. I recently had a loss too and I chose the D&C method. For my case I did not have any miscarriage symptoms and gynae say may take up to a few weeks for natural expulsion to occur if we opted for pills. I did not want to go through the emotional turmoil of waiting so I went for the surgery. The pain was minimal for me and I felt physical recovery was quicker and we can focus on getting better and preparing to try again.

I wish you all the best and take care.

Hi, there is a miscarriage thread. Fyi.
I had mc 3 yrs ago and opted for pills. Opted for it bcos it is not as invasive as dnc . But it was only a few days after i inserted the pills that the tissue was expelled out (this is rare, usually it is on the day itself).
Before you insert the pills, i guess you will get all emotional. Then u had to wait out for the pills to take effect (similar to severe menses cramp).You will get contractions then to expel the tissue out.

Take care. After all these give yourself time to rest.

I used pills to expel the fetus. Came out on the same day. Next day went back to gynae to ensure that all is expel out. Less invasive as compared to D&C. Take care!

Hello mummies, I had an early pregnancy loss and it is difficult for me and hubby. It is my first time here in a forum and I like to ask everyone here to help share what they feel or experienced during pregnancy loss, and choosing the best method for yourself.

would you choose d&c or pill method to remove baby loss? Thank you.

Hi, so sorry for your loss.
for me i opted for D&C as i did sent the foetus tissue for histology.
Another reason for choosing D&C was that, mine was a missed miscarriage too, no symptoms so i also cant get over the emotional part to wait for the foetus to expel out.
Whichever way you choose, take good care of yourself & have plenty of rest.

I suffered a miscarriage a few years and my gynae Dr Jen also discussed with me my options but in the end we both chose D&C because it was quicker (I don't have the heart or guts to do it on my own through pill) and because of less complications and side effects.

Back