Speech development progress for your toddler?

beac

My son is be 18 months. Can fully understand my family and take proper instructions but not talking and just pointing around and making sounds.
I'm just wondering if anyone's facing a similar stage as my kid? I have been reading to him, showing flash cards which he loves he knows all his shapes, numbers and words. But just don't want to speak the words. Haha.

heyhey, is your boy the first child? i've a friend whose boy is like yours.. he only start talking at 25 months, but already know everything at 18 months..
for my friend's case, she and her hub are both working and the hub has to work 6 days a week. they seldom bring him out..

they start to change by keep talking to him, when he point, say what do you want? this? oh, you want an orange? and emphasize the word, orange in a slower manner for him to catch the tone..

it works man! maybe you can try? :D

Hi beac, I am having the same issue as yours. My son already 18 month plus and still pointing around or making his baby noise when he want something. I will be bringing him to speech development for his appointment Next week hopefully it will helps in his speech soon.

My nephew, close to 20 mo now, still can't talk much words, and making noise and "long speech" that sounds like Korean, lol.

He still can't really call out Mama or Papa. But can't understand some simple instructions.

And I got a neighbour, she said her son only starts talking at about 3yo.

Hi hi, my son also can't talk. He is 19 months old. :(

Fauthibibi, how is your son speech development? Can share?

Jus to share, the speech development at kkh have to attend at least twice for them to assess the communication level, and the reason why the kid dun wanna speak. For my #1 (when she was 2.5yr old) she cant pronounce alot of alphabets properly, like s, f, p, t, d ...den they taught me ways to communicate with her n ask her repeat to make sure she makes the right sound. Need alot of patience n coaching n time to bond with the kid.
My #2 (yr 2013 bb) started calling papa mama at 13mths, den show no interest in talking untill she start playgroup (18mths)..she suddenly will sing bits n pieces of songs..so i tink have to slowly develop and play with them, and 'force' them to talk instead of pointing...if they point den dun help them unless they maybe utter some word. Just some suggestion, as all kids develop at different rate n age. Dont stress and compare also.... :) jia you!!

Back