Sparkletots vs Little Skool House

mawby84

Dear mummies,

My little one is coming 9 months old and she's with Sparkletots infantcare since she was 3 months old. So far, she's doing well over there (except for 1 bad bout of bronchitis where she was hospitalised for 4 days, attribute to the common flu bug).

I stay at Ghim Moh. My 1st choice (before she was born) was Little Skool House, followed by Sparkletots. However, I took up Sparkletots as Little Skool House was over subscribed. Glad it didn't turn out to be a bad decision after all :)

Now, comes the big dilemma again. Little Skool House just contacted me that they are open for 2016 registration for toddler class (18 months onwards). So I'm not sure if I should switch my girl to Little Skool House. I would very much prefer the curriculum and environment (setting, allocated space and 1 teacher who is a certified nurse). However, it comes with a price tag as well. The price difference is quite alot... 1k versus $300 (after subsidy).

Would fellow mummies here offer some kind advice please.

Hi mawby84 & Fellow Mums!

Inspired by my own newborn, I recently set up new company and would like to gather some feedback. Our company is offering a monthly membership service for parents to send their babies and toddlers (aged 0 to 6 years old) to different playgroups and enrichment classes across areas such as sports, music, art, and languages . Our partners are established playgroups and enrichment class providers in Singapore.

For a membership fee of about $150 to $200, parents can send their toddlers to 4 to 5 classes at our partners' centers for free.

What do you think of such a concept ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks ! :)

Hi mawby84 & Fellow Mums!

Inspired by my own newborn, I recently set up new company and would like to gather some feedback. Our company is offering a monthly membership service for parents to send their babies and toddlers (aged 0 to 6 years old) to different playgroups and enrichment classes across areas such as sports, music, art, and languages . Our partners are established playgroups and enrichment class providers in Singapore.

For a membership fee of about $150 to $200, parents can send their toddlers to 4 to 5 classes at our partners' centers for free.

What do you think of such a concept ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks ! :)

@JeanW, the intent of your new set up sounds good, with the flexibility to tap onto varied classes at an affordable cost :) However, the term 'established' might be subjective to parents. Of course, that would depend on your criteria prior to linking up with the playgroups and enrichment classes.

Personally, I would prefer to put my girl in the same enrichment class as a medium term target (1 to 2 years). Of course, that's provided she likes being there and I see value in the class. Reason being, it may take awhile to 'see the difference' and reap benefits from the class and of course cost wise, I also do not hope to pay the 1 time registration / admin fee for several occasions, if I keep switching schools.

It would def be helpful if the sign ups are with schools with positive feedbacks (online, forum, etc) :)

@JeanW, the intent of your new set up sounds good, with the flexibility to tap onto varied classes at an affordable cost :) However, the term 'established' might be subjective to parents. Of course, that would depend on your criteria prior to linking up with the playgroups and enrichment classes.

Personally, I would prefer to put my girl in the same enrichment class as a medium term target (1 to 2 years). Of course, that's provided she likes being there and I see value in the class. Reason being, it may take awhile to 'see the difference' and reap benefits from the class and of course cost wise, I also do not hope to pay the 1 time registration / admin fee for several occasions, if I keep switching schools.

It would def be helpful if the sign ups are with schools with positive feedbacks (online, forum, etc) :)

@mawby84, first of all, thank you for your inputs! All opinions from parents with our intended target audience kids is deeply appreciated. Several other parents we spoke to have had the same opinion as you shared. Our intent is to allow the parents to send the kids to trial classes at different playgroups offering different services, and should the parents then feel the playgroup is appropriate for their kid, or that the kid enjoys it, they are free to sign up for a long term basis with the provider themselves. In a way, our role is to provide a buffet of appetizers for the different playgroups (Yummy!).

What courses do you think parents would you like to see more of for their kids? E.g. Sports, Writing, Creative, Music?

JeanW

@mawby84, first of all, thank you for your inputs! All opinions from parents with our intended target audience kids is deeply appreciated. Several other parents we spoke to have had the same opinion as you shared. Our intent is to allow the parents to send the kids to trial classes at different playgroups offering different services, and should the parents then feel the playgroup is appropriate for their kid, or that the kid enjoys it, they are free to sign up for a long term basis with the provider themselves. In a way, our role is to provide a buffet of appetizers for the different playgroups (Yummy!).

What courses do you think parents would you like to see more of for their kids? E.g. Sports, Writing, Creative, Music?

JeanW

@JeanW, the course would largely depend on which age group the child falls into. I would probably not be the best person to share as my girl is still young (9 months old). But currently in mind, I'm scouting through potential enrichment classes such as heguru, shichinda (for brain development) and phonics (for language development). As for sports, I'm looking into swimming and for well-being probably yoga :)

@JeanW, the course would largely depend on which age group the child falls into. I would probably not be the best person to share as my girl is still young (9 months old). But currently in mind, I'm scouting through potential enrichment classes such as heguru, shichinda (for brain development) and phonics (for language development). As for sports, I'm looking into swimming and for well-being probably yoga :)

@mawby84 Thank you for your input! Any insights into parents of toddlers is valuable to us =) Lastly, would you happen to know of any other platforms through which I could communicate with other parents such as yourself? =)

Hi all mummy...Any comment and reviews on Little Skool House Tampines Junction and Learning Kidz Academy at Tampines Central (new)? I want to transfer my son childcare for his K1level due to distance issue.I am staying near Tampines Central.

Thanks all...

i do not recommend in learning kidz academy at tampines central. even though they are clean but they are overstretched. imptly, the teachers there are not caring enough and show biasness.

Back