Shld i pay less for child maintenance since my child is no longer attending after school care???

brokenhearted

My gal's after school care, which is ard $180 per mth (total is $360, spilt between parents), is included as part of my maintenance to my gal. However, I recently then learned tat she had stop attending since beginning of tis mth. Checked with the centre n learned tat my ex had withdrawn her n March was the last mth of attendance. My ex husband had nv informed me of tis, n when I asked him through text abt whether he have any plans for our gal, he just dun reply.

So i am wondering whether shld i continue to pay the maintenance amt set by the court or shld I file to reduce it... anyone been through tis before?

Last edited:

You have to continue paying the maintenance fee. You can't reduce like that without going through court.
If you want to reduce, you need to file through court to reduce it.

Actually it is not a small amt to me... my take hm salary is ard 2k, n my child maintenance is ard $580. So its tough to even try to save up money for rainy days.

But I figured that even if I file to court to decrease the maintenance based on the withdrawal of the after school care, my ex will straight away enroll her back to student care or enrichment courses. Then by the time we go to court, I think judge will throw out the case.

So I let it be ba.

Last edited:

Back