Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

Kitty (3 ladies ), I need to add that when you mailed my clothes to me, you actually didn't even remove the hard cardboard paper in EACH clothing. So naturally, the postage fees is high for me when you weighed my items at the post office. I bought from so many spreeists via postage, all cardboard papers are removed. You are the only one.

S$16.56 spend on local postage is very expensive! Since u have the item physically u could have warned her about the weight and maybe proposed her to have it courier instead. Taqbin only charge $6 leh. I feel that it is not your money so u anyhow spend it for plp which is not RIGHT! The worst thing that you could do is still try to deny that the situation here is not right at all... u should at least apologise to her and do not repeat the same mistakes and make someone else pay for it. It is not easy to please everyone BUT I hope you will not do this again in future... don't pretend that what u do is right because it is not... and u know there is such thing as karma. I am staying away from SMH Spree because of organizers like you and I bet many plp are doing the same.

Dear kitty

I have still yet to receive the shipping invoices from you
Please be assured that will pay you the outstanding amounts once I have confirmed that the shipping costs are in fact valid and accurate

Hi spree organisers here, I have a question..

With regards to the terms and conditions for organising sprees on this site, what would be the "documents for proof"? What kind of documents are spreeists allowed to request for?

Would appreciate all input.
happy.gif
Thanks!

7785379.jpg

Hi Kitty

The problem with sending you emails, as per your request, is that you do not make an effort to respond.
Please see the excerpt below, sent 19 Nov.
I believe Anna has made a point with regards to a the rules which spree organizers should abide.
Besides, with you so experienced and cocksure of the correctness of the shipping tabulations, you should have no concerns providing the shipping invoice. Unless...

------------
Dear Kitty

I apologise for my inexperience, as I have only ordered from F21 and used comgateway on a personal scale.
I am therefore judging the expected shipping costs based on my own past purchases.
I am sure that you understand that all it takes to clear your name is just to provide me with the shipping invoice.
This is all I'm asking for. After which, this matter will be resolved promptly

Dear all

Please be informed that I managed to resolve the issue of fraudulent shipping charges with spree organiser kitty.
If you have ever been slapped with suspicious charges, please make a stand for yourself.

This was how I pushed for resolution:

Since kitty was unlawfully holding my money, it was a crime.

I offered her these options:

1. Show me the receipts of goods and shipping
We will work out a reasonable payment and she would ship me the items.

2. Give me a full refund. She could keep the items

3. Continue to avoid response or attempts at resolving the conflict and I would proceed to make a police report against her
(I found out that non-urgent crimes can be reported online at http://www.spf.gov.sg/)

She chose option 2.
I guess there was something in the receipts that she really did not wish to disclose.
Anyway, case closed for me. Spree safe...

Thanks Kiew Ai'er, nv tot of this otherwise I would hv done the same last year! I'm ok to forgo the clothing also as super unwilling to pay the high shipping but tot no choice. Anyway that was my first and last spree with kitty so hopefully will not encounter anymore. Thanks for e information for teaching us!

To all spreeorganizer,

Shoppers have the choice to ban us, we have the choice on who to deal with.

We've the right to hold on to items when shoppers have not clear their outstanding.

I've refund to Kiew Ai'er (evilaier) out of my terms and condition as she is unreasonable, super rude and she threatens. I would not like to deal with her.

I've contact moderator about this issue.

Kitty, I think now the issue is not about not receiving items ordered. It's about the HIGH shipping $ incurred spreeing with you.
happy.gif

I remembered my experience joining your spree.
U were nice, providing prompt response when it comes to ordering. But when it comes to the HIGH shipping charges incurred, I can't say the same.
I joined another similar spree and ordered 3times of items for the same shipping cost charged by you. I was shocked and surprised too.
Therefore that was my first and last time joining your spree.
Glad you took our feedbacks a nice way.

Have a nice day!

Kitty,
Dont think Kiew Aier was rude all the way,she was asking you politely only at first.
If you have showed the invoice ,she would have accepted it if it is reasonable.
She asked for refund only if you dont show her the invoice right?you could have showed the invoice and cleared yourself right?

Why should you give to one who threaten you unless you are wrong?

Why dont you post the exact shipping invoice and order invoice in the forum to justify yourself which YOU DONT WANT TO.
One can be wrong but not so many.

Hi kitty, I have emailed you days ago but not received your reply so no choice but to post here since it seems that you do read this thread. Please inform me when you are sending my registered package. It has been many days since I made payment Thank you!

Hi All does anyone know have the Comgateway vs Vpost thread been removed? I Could not find it..

Cos just want to share my experience using Comgateway compare to Vpost on my recent Private Spree
with 1 of my regular..

Ive Just realise that Comgateway charge me only US$3 for repacking service compare to Vpost which is S$12.
And they repack down to actual weight compare to Vpost that will repack to their standard size box and still charge me by Vol weight..

And with DBS credit card u will enjoy discount and free upgrade to Express Delivery which only took 4 days from Payment - to reach me.

And yes they use DHL compare to Speedpost.
And with DHL u can request for redelivery unlike Speedpost where i have to go down to post office to collect all the big cartons.

Lynn, agree totally speedpost sucks.

By the way I sympathise with spreeist Kiew...so much trouble but end up not getting her items. We should keep this thread active!

I organise sprees on & off since 2007, mostly pte sprees but sometimes, I do sprees here. I just want to share that high shipping fees could also be due to proceed ahead to order even if there's not enough orders to make up a batch. I just cancelled a spree, explaining to a spreeist that I'm not an organiser who would proceed to order even if there's not enough orders to make up a batch & don't care if my spreeists wld be hit with high shipping fees later on. Mummies join sprees & order during great sales to enjoy the discount & savings, so it doesn't make sense if I proceed ahead. I rather spreeists blame me now for canceling the spree due to poor response than asking me later why the shipping fees is so high cos if you're slapped with high shipping fees, then doesn't it still make sense to spree?

yeah the whole idea of spreeing is to get discounts and share the shipping costs right? But like myself, only learnt the lesson after paying the high charges but once bitten twice shy. My advice to inexperienced spreeist before joining any spree, just look out for recent shipping charges from the same spree organiser that you are interested in. Many do post a table of shipping charges in the spree threads. By comparing to similar item or weight, you roughly know the magnitude of the shipping costs....

Most that charge high shipping will not post the shipping charges on thread. They will email instead.
But many who charges minimal shipping will post. Very transparent.
So newbie should know who to watch out for.
happy.gif

Best is come in here to read abit before proceeding else need to pay "lesson fee".

Min, I know of one who charges high shipping cost but yet she post table in the thread leh...so better to compare lah don't assume
happy.gif

Waaa...very transparent. So we have to open eyes big big. ^^
Good to post so others can compare and decide whether to join or not.

I post the shipping fees on the threads for my past sprees but I seldom do sprees here nowadays as compared to in 07/08, so like for me, you can't find my past shipping charges once those threads are deleted. haha... I also emailed shipping fees to all spreeists as most pp don't really follow the threads here, esp if they can't post here.

Spreeing used to be alot more fun...

Comments on Good or Bad Spree Organiser

<font color="ff0000">To comment</font>:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&amp;formkey=dDk3RkhhTG05QV9iTFYtVFhKQjBQZUE6MQ#gid=0

<font color="ff0000">To view</font>:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkJop-U2bqVAdDk3RkhhTG05QV9iTFYtVFhKQjBQZUE
(Suggest to view in Internet Explorer)

<font color="ff0000">Terms and conditions for using the form</font>:
1) No one will be responsible over your purchase and decision
2) No one will be responsible if the comments are misleading
3) You take your own risk if you enter into any transaction base on the comments stated in the spreadsheet
4) No information other than those stated in the spreadsheet will be given

<font color="ff0000">Guideline on using the form</font>
1) You may download the spreadsheet into excel and do a sorting for better analysis
2) Take note it is POSSIBLE for spree organisers to post good comments on themselves, do not rely on the spreadsheet solely.
3) Take note it is POSSIBLE for anyone to sabotage the spree organisers, do not base on a single bad comment solely.
4) Other than using this spreadsheet, you should search the spree organisers' thread to check on the credibility of the spree organisers.

<font color="ff0000">To Spree Organiser who disagree with the comment stated</font>:
1) You may state your reason and counter the comments given by user in this thread.
2) Your counter comment will be recorded in the spreadsheet for users to judge.
3) I do not make judgement base on your comment and I will not remove the comment given by the user.

Any recommendation or suggestion is welcome but I do not entertain everyone
happy.gif

Posting on behalf of Snowlurve who can't post in this thread:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here are my experiences:

Bath and Body Works Spree (BBW)
I'm a big fan of Bath and Body Works stuff, from shower gels to pocketbacs to candles. Sadly it's hard (and expensive!) to buy them in sg. I first found the sprees for BBW here, and got hooked! I have spree-d with 2 spree organizers, Kitty(3ladies) and Miaon, both more than once. I've decided that I wanted to post these comments for awhile now, but never got down to doing it, until today! Will elaborate more later~

Kitty(3 ladies):
Kitty was the 1st organizer I joined for BBW spree, mostly due to the low exchange rate and no concierge fees charged. I did not know that this thread existed and did not compare the shipping rate to other organizers (silly me, i know!) so I did not know if it was overly expensive etc. UNTIL a friend of mine wanted to 'tompang' and order 1 of the '2 for $5' mini candles with me. It was probably my 2nd spree with Kitty if I remember correctly, and I went ahead as usual. When the items arrived in sg, I paid for the shipping blah blah and registered mail, but when I received the items, I was shocked to see 1 of the mini candles broken! The glass was totally cracked... thankfully my friend's candle was safe and sound phew! The candles were wrapped with the normal bubble wrap with the small air bubbles.

I was abit upset but decided to give it another chance, and ordered again 1 more set of 2 mini candles with other stuff. Long story short, the 2nd time 1 of the candles was broken! AGAIN!! Now I was really disappointed as I did ask Kitty if I could get my items via courier (I know she doesn't do self-collection) as I thought the items broke during singpost delivery the 1st time. Apparently I am either really unlucky or something. By then I had already joined yet another batch (I never run out of things to buy!) and I also asked if I could opt for courier as the shipping charges were high, and registered mail + local postage was definitely more expensive than courier delivery. Kitty said it was not possible, only reg or normal mail. So I asked if it was possible to put in a box and paste 'FRAGILE' or something, I don't mind paying for the box and materials. She didn't reply, and about a week later, I received my mail via COURIER! Much as I'm thankful that my items arrived safely, and somehow Kitty decided to ship via courier instead, but I can't help wondering where did the excess funds go... I don't mind the extra few dollars that I did not get back, but still...

One thing though, the items always arrived within the time frame Kitty gives. The exchange rate is also even lower now I believe. Kitty does reply emails a little slowly, and once when I placed a few batches consecutively we both got a little confused haha! But Kitty sorted out my orders nicely and tallied all the funds etc.

Currently I am waiting to collect some items from the recently arrived batches; she did allow me to put a previous batch that arrived mid nov on hold so that I can save on some shipping (probably only reg mail?). Even till now I still do spree with Kitty and will continue to do so, as there are certain items that other organizers can't bring in.

Miaon:
I first started spreeing with Miaon (sorry I don't know your name!) after my 2nd candle broke from Kitty's batch. I started small with pocketbacs etc as I did not know her shipping charges and there was a small concierge fee. I was pleasantly surprised that the items did not have any further domestic shipping charge like Kitty's, and the items arrived in approximately 1 month as predicted. She also allows for self-collection which is really good for me as I'm a really paranoid person (candles breaking, bottles leaking...)! I started to join more of her sprees, which are clearly in batches and easy to track. Although there is no separate shipping charges for each item like Kitty's, I could work out more or less the prices...

The first big surprise came when I ordered mini candles with Miaon (I am a sucker for their scents!) and they arrived safe and sound! In these HUGE bubble wrap (very loud POP sound!) very well protected! YAY!! I continued to order more (and BIGGER) candles and other stuff with Miaon, and never once has my items failed to arrive safely:)

The reason why I decided to post these comments today on a whim, is because I just collected 3 batches worth of BBW loots (I'm a HAPPY, HAPPY girl today!) from Miaon today at her workplace, and boy, the stuff are heavy!! I bought a few 3 wick candles, mini candles and some shower gels and pocketbacs, and for her to lug them to work and then down to pass them to me must have been really tough. Furthermore she allowed me to put 1 batch on hold till the other 2 batches arrived so that I could collect all 3 in 1 trip. And it was quite a last minute arrangement to collect today as the items arrived not long ago. Oh yes, and as usual I have nothing to worry about, all items arrived safe and sound, with the mini candles having the huge bubble wrap as usual.

Miaon makes this spree-ing experience really wonderful for me, fuss-free and really clear cut. I enjoy ordering the stuff, and getting them of course, from her!

Here is a shout-out to Miaon, for her patience and friendliness, and being such a pleasure to spree with!
I can't wait for when she opens her spree again!:)

Hi spree organiser, would like check how u deals with items tat was individuallly pack n shipped from merchant? Eg gap/ON, they like to do multiple shipment.. Do u charge the spreeist the single parcel charge or will u add up all the parcel charges den divide by the total weight?
Wat I did was to charge the individual charge to tat spreeist n ya, she wasn't happy but if I were to share the charges among all, it doesn't seem to b fair to the rest rite?
Anyone can share ur tots?
happy.gif

I don't understand something...

There are some spree organizers who have so many on-going sprees,
how come there's no sharing/consolidation of base charge for shipping?

e.g. base charge for vpostUSA is $13.40 (1 time payment only) on consolidations within 21 days.

Hi Leng Leng,

I use vPOST &amp; I consolidate packages from a few sprees to split out the base charge &amp; gather backorders (the ones I can't cancel in time; or has a few items in them).

I realise that most spreeists don't understand or appreciate the effort to save a few pennies. They start chasing for their items when they feel it "has been so long" although I indicate that delivery period is estimated "4 weeks +/-".

They also fail to realise that it is actually a more tedious process to hold packages like that. It means I need to sort out 10-20 cartons at one time. If there were nobody at home when the delivery man reaches my doorstep, it, in turn, means that I need to walk to the post office &amp; carry all those cartons home! (On a side note, my "record" was 27 cartons! The poor delivery uncle almost fainted from exhaustion
happy.gif
)

It is somewhat a chicken-&amp;-egg situation. There is no ideal solution to please everyone. I don't think any spree organise aims to do that. There is enough work to do each spree so it's best to leave the spree organisers to do what they ought to know best after countless batches.
happy.gif

I have never organise sprees but I can imagine the effort it involves to do a good spree. So to be fair to both spreeist n organisers, I think the actual costs should be used to split charges. If one base charge is incurred for consolidated batches should be shared so all spreeists benefit? As for single parcel item, I feel it is also not fair for the mummy who is slap with bearing the single parcel charges because after all she also joins spree to share shipping costs. Imagine if it was on hindsight that she needs to bear single parcel for her item then if it was you, probably might not go ahead with the spree isnt it? Just my 2cents worth

Leng Leng,

Consolidation for the various shipping co works differently, some co consolidation bounded by the spree amt, meaning keeping to within S$400 for all pkgs to avoid GST, so doesn't make sense to consolidate.

Dear all,

I'd just like to share on my pleasant experiences spreeing with the following spree organisers.
Thank you to all of you for making spreeing so pleasant!
happy.gif

- Jxmum
- Ashmum
- Qi7
- Miaon
- Vicky
- Mumz
- Aynix
- Burberry
- Prettycloud
- wingkei
- Firefly
- Lynnet_mama
- Mango

Note: The above are in no particular order. I've had pleasant spreeing experiences with all the spree organisers above and will have no reservations joining their sprees.

I spree very often with Jxmum, Qi7 and Ashmum. They are all so transparent with their shipping charges, very friendly and very patient/ kind/ accommodating!

I hope that by sharing this info, some newbies will benefit from it!

<font color="ff0000">Bump up for this awesome thread.</font>

<font size="+1"> IMPT!!!! Mummies, please read this before joining any spree. It's ur hard earned $$ after all n if u feel that u've scammed/overcharged, please stand up for yourself as well as to warn the other mummies.

The amount might not be big but it will definitely helps if we all take the first step out, enough to blacklist any irresponsible spree organizer who's out to exploit.

For scammers, it's a minimum 2yrs jail sentence.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/2821567.html?1339292301

Note that spree organizer is not supposed to earn profit here in the first place. </font>

Agree SMH shldn't be exploited by such dishonest spree organizers around out to make quick bucks at the expense of others.
Even online private spree blogs which charges a fee actually do TELL you that they charge a fee so you pay knowingly. Really disgusted with the behaviour of certain spree organiser here, can still make very righteous remarks when it is obvious what she is doing. Well basically no diff from a cheat. Imagine how desperate she is here to make money...kind of sad to see spreeist who act in goodwill being taken for a ride

Hi ladies, sorry to be off-topic but can anyone direct me to the thread on freight forwarders? I can't seem to find it anymore. Planning to ship a piece of furniture to SG so looking for info and reviews for sea shipping :) thanks in advance and sorry for intruding yah

hi ladies,
I'm new to overseas spree. I came to know about this, when i was reading through someone else spree thread.

A couple of questions as a consumer &amp; a future spree organiser:

1. Shouldn't all the items from drugstore ( pharmacy items, beauty products et al) or similar stores be certified by HSA Singapore, (certified as safe to consume / use)? I thought its mandatory for sale of items imported in Singapore? Do all spree organisers do it? (or atleast as consumers how many of us do keep a track of the batch number &amp; stuff, if there's any news of recall)

2. How do you spree organisers get your stuffs from USA/ UK? Do you use comgateway or vpost or is there any other way of getting it? whish is reliable service (cheaper / economical) &amp; how long does it take for the items to reach Singapore?

3. Are there any items that we cannot bring it in singapore from USA/UK? Any banned stuffs or any other items that we should be informing spree buyers.

thanks for the answers my dear seniors.

Haha saw this pop up in my email and tot i would give my 2 cents worth :)

My belief is that spreeing meant consolidating orders enough to share shipping or discounts. Coz buying and shipping 1 item alone would not make $$ sense. Sometimes ppl expect too much from a spree organiser as thought its s retail shop. If one expects top notch service, I suggests they just head down to Orchard Road &amp; buy their stuffs there lah :) hahaha

On that note, whether HSA approve or not, or what batch and what is being recalled.... isn't it everyone involve in the spree responsible to check yourself what product u want to buy? Pushing that responsibility to the organiser seems to bochap on the spreeist part.

To know more on what can be shipped here or not, do look up the customs website for both Singapore and the country that the items are being shipped out from. Some countries will ban certain items for export so it's not just singapore banning items coming in

Still looking out for an answer to my question :) any lobang to ship my furniture via sea from USA? Thanks in advance.....

@suzzana
Do u think. in Sg there are spree organisers who are service oriented &amp; dont earn profit.

<font color="ff0000"> if they are not suppose to earn profit, then why do some spree organisers charge upto $1.35 for USD??? (on top of the shipping fee)

Do they refund back $ if their credit card has been charged less????</font>

Stumbled on this thread. Can't help but to leave a comment
happy.gif

@ mrs_ha
I have been spreeing for almost 2 years. I have never organised sprees n will never dream to do so.
Yes some organiser charge higher fx but the earnings is not much considering the effort involved.

As for credit card points, we all know it takes a fair bit of spending to accumulate measly points. I think if we join sprees we shouldn't be so calculative to the extent of credit card points. Surely if you ask people to help you to buy stuff you don't ask them for the points?

I agree with nabmum that we can be too demanding on organisers. They are not running a business so don't expect the same service.

Yes, once in a while you meet some not so honest organiser. But live and learn. I know I have and always stick to the familiar ones.

At the end of the day don't join if you don't agree to the conditions, is that simple.

I have enjoyed spreeing here
happy.gif
but now need to cut back la..buy too much

To all organisers, keep up the good work
happy.gif

These are just my views. Not meant to offend anyone ya

Oops sorry mom_2_be..just realise you meant if credit card charge less for fx not credit card points.

But same theory applies la. we shouldn't be so calculative. After all we happily click n shop n they do bulk of the work
happy.gif

mrs_ha (mom_2_be),
I used to refund back, or use the extras to offset shipping,
do ask around, there are honest spree organizers around.
happy.gif

If you are thinking of making monies out of sprees,
please go somewhere else.

Just my 2 cents.
happy.gif

@Rina :) thanks I will look them up. If I ship via air I think I might as well go and chop down a tree and carve the furniture myself! hahaha

@tanlengleng, @grapa

Thanks for the info. I expected this.
I'm not looking this as a avenue to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$. But, from a normal person like me, when i just click on the header of the spree, i see a couple of sprees running from 2010 &amp; do u all say that those people. are doing a service &amp; they dont make even a cent???

this is what i feel
sad.gif
this is my 1 cent worth of thought

Seems like Kitty is one of the most 'notorious' spree organiser here. About the fraudulent charges and long waiting time, I am actually waiting for my items to reach (placed with another organiser that had many good reviews) to make a comparison. Both item placed were the same. Will update once I got my item and charges advised from the 'good' organiser.

I guess this is the only way I can do now to 'know the truth'.

Back