September 2016 Mummies!

I'm already thinking about eating DURIANS after my doc's feedback...hahaha....maybe eat a little durian to boost baby's weight a bit :p.
But I have to control my food intake for the next 1 month...going to take the diabetes test on my next appt.
I don't suggest u eat too much durians... If ur diabetes test results are not good, u will have to monitor with blood test for the rest of ur pregnancy and it's a chore. I have been monitoring 3x a week before and after food since end of March and it's a chore, not to mention the stress as I'm considered borderline... So have to control, if can't control then have to take insulin which is even worst, everyday before food must jab

I don't suggest u eat too much durians... If ur diabetes test results are not good, u will have to monitor with blood test for the rest of ur pregnancy and it's a chore. I have been monitoring 3x a week before and after food since end of March and it's a chore, not to mention the stress as I'm considered borderline... So have to control, if can't control then have to take insulin which is even worst, everyday before food must jab

Definitely...I won't be eating too much...Hahaha...the last time I had them was about 2months ago and I only took 3 seeds although my PILs were encouraging me to take more.
I'm also scared of getting diabetes, worsening my constipation (durians are "heaty") and whatsnot.... So I'm just going to eat to satisfy my craving a bit :D

I'm already thinking about eating DURIANS after my doc's feedback...hahaha....maybe eat a little durian to boost baby's weight a bit :p.
But I have to control my food intake for the next 1 month...going to take the diabetes test on my next appt.

Do you mean doc comment that you/bb need to beef up?
My gynae caution me about baby being too big but it is still within range now.
I did take durian occasionally; it's due to craving and it helps to ease my constipation.
Yes, I'm having the GD test in the next visit too and I was told by nurse that there's no cheat list... If I have it; then it bounds to show. But that's does not mean we can overdose on sugar.
Good luck to us :)

Do you mean doc comment that you/bb need to beef up?
My gynae caution me about baby being too big but it is still within range now.
I did take durian occasionally; it's due to craving and it helps to ease my constipation.
Yes, I'm having the GD test in the next visit too and I was told by nurse that there's no cheat list... If I have it; then it bounds to show. But that's does not mean we can overdose on sugar.
Good luck to us :)

No la, doc didn't ask me to beef up my baby's weight...just me being a little concern.
And I take it as a small excuse to indulge in some durians..hahaha..Yup, good luck to us:D

Hi mummies

My Edd was supposed to be in early Oct but now m he has scheduled me for c section on 29/9. So I supposed I will join this group chat.

Crying... I've found a couple of stretchmarks!! Faint.. Somehow I was confident I'm not gonna get them (my mother doesn't have any after 2 pregnancies).
And I'm only in 26 week. So sad...

Crying... I've found a couple of stretchmarks!! Faint.. Somehow I was confident I'm not gonna get them (my mother doesn't have any after 2 pregnancies).

I'm just waiting to see when will my stretchmarks start appearing...25W+5d now.
I'm quite certain I won't be stretchmark-free for this pregnancy...I don't believe my gene is that good to escape this "destiny"...lolx
Well...my mum comforted me... saying having the marks shows how hard mothers have endured for their pregnancies...treat it as an honourable thing.
I'm a twin...so my mum definitely had pretty bad stretchmarks since she was carrying 2 babies.:)

What's the right way to measure our belly?
I'm measuring it horizontally at the belly button there.
26 weeks 34"

Are you intending to buy clothes/items online with the measurements?
Depending on what the measurements are for.
Example:
When I bought maternity clothing online, I used the widest measurements to play safe (yup, horizontal width at belly button) cos online clothes tend to have measurement difference of 2-3cm.
But for items like maternity support belt which needs to be snuggly fitted, I will follow the measurement diagram the seller provides to get an accurate measurement (from back to under the belly).

Did you previously try to apply stretchmark cream ?
I did apply but got a feeling that I might get them later on..
Keeping my fingers crossed ... Because friends told me that the cream may not work :(

Hi FuTai,

I did apply, but irregularly, coz dislike the oily feeling. Sometimes I applied just a facial moisturiser all over belly. Anyway, I also heard that application of oils does not prevent stretchmarks - either you have them or you don't. It's mainly depend on genes and your personal skin elasticity.
Oh well, I think they will fade over time, so I'm trying not to stress over it too much. :)

Hello everyone! Congratulations to all of us here hehehe...
Just wanna ask everyone, have you all been experiencing braxton hicks lately especially when walking or standing up for too long? Or feeling very tight at the tummy? If yes how often do you get it? Just wondered if this is normal. TIA!

Hi FuTai,

I did apply, but irregularly, coz dislike the oily feeling. Sometimes I applied just a facial moisturiser all over belly. Anyway, I also heard that application of oils does not prevent stretchmarks - either you have them or you don't. It's mainly depend on genes and your personal skin elasticity.
Oh well, I think they will fade over time, so I'm trying not to stress over it too much. :)

I usually only apply Bio-oil after I bath...after that just slp in aircon room...so the oily feel is not that irritating.
As for morning, I only apply on/off. Last time used to apply cocoa butter daily in the morning prior going to work.
After finishing that cocoa bottle, I lazy to slap on the bio-oil in the morning (too oily and too troublesome)..so it became on/off now. :p

Just wanna ask everyone, have you all been experiencing braxton hicks lately especially when walking or standing up for too long? Or feeling very tight at the tummy? If yes how often do you get it? Just wondered if this is normal. TIA!

I've been wanting to ask....how exactly does Braxton hick feels like? First time mum, so I'm clueless.
I've noticed some pains lately but I cannot pin-point if its more like cramps or stomache pains...like something squeezing/twisting, but it only lasts for awhile. After that may recur and go off again. It seems to be triggered after I did a poop session or after a constipated poop session (sit in toilet but nothing)...maybe I overused my muscles while pooping...sorry for TMI :p

I also wondering how Braxton hick feel like... I heard it's like a tightening of the belly bottom and then letting go. So far haven't experienced anything like this.

However I started to feel a bit of back pain, apparently belly is getting big enough to pull the muscles. Now every time I walk, there is this strange sensation next to the tail bone. It feels as if something is clicking there whenever I shift the body weight from one leg to another. :D

I usually only apply Bio-oil after I bath...after that just slp in aircon room...so the oily feel is not that irritating.
As for morning, I only apply on/off. Last time used to apply cocoa butter daily in the morning prior going to work.
After finishing that cocoa bottle, I lazy to slap on the bio-oil in the morning (too oily and too troublesome)..so it became on/off now. :p

I've been wanting to ask....how exactly does Braxton hick feels like? First time mum, so I'm clueless.
I've noticed some pains lately but I cannot pin-point if its more like cramps or stomache pains...like something squeezing/twisting, but it only lasts for awhile. After that may recur and go off again. It seems to be triggered after I did a poop session or after a constipated poop session (sit in toilet but nothing)...maybe I overused my muscles while pooping...sorry for TMI :p
I also wondering how Braxton hick feel like... I heard it's like a tightening of the belly bottom and then letting go. So far haven't experienced anything like this.

However I started to feel a bit of back pain, apparently belly is getting big enough to pull the muscles. Now every time I walk, there is this strange sensation next to the tail bone. It feels as if something is clicking there whenever I shift the body weight from one leg to another. :D

Ya, for me I didn't know what BH was and how it felt like...but when I reached say maybe week 21 of my pregnancy, my bump would suddenly start tightening and become hard as a rock...it wasn't obvious at first but now coming almost to week 24, I find I would get it the minute I stand up or walk. So I asked my gynae about this and he said it was BH. I read that it's normal to have these contraction-like feelings as it prepares our bodies for actual labour, it's just that I'm rather worried I may be having them with abnormal frequency and that its a bit too early in pregnancy to be having it? Which was why I wanted to ask around.
I'm having twins so that could be a reason why I seem to be getting BH already? I wouldn't describe it as a painful feeling...but rather quite uncomfortable..cuz the belly feels tight. Not sure if I'm making sense here, ladies.

I have moments of tightness, but for me it lasts not just a few mins. Sometimes after big lunch the belly feels very tight for an hour or so, then relaxes. So I guess it's not BH yet.
Maybe because you having twins that might be the reason why you experience this contractions quite early.

Lititia, I just got myself a maternity support belt online yesterday. Brand is Nexcare (which is under 3M). Personally, I think it helps with my backaches, thou will need time to get used to it...cos it feels like something is binding your belly and it will sort of push your lower back straight, thus your entire upper body will need to readjust it's posture (I assume its to readjust our body to the correct posture so that we won't get the backaches). You may want to try. I bought from Qoo10 at $59.90, Mothercare selling the same thing at $70+.

Ya, for me I didn't know what BH was and how it felt like...but when I reached say maybe week 21 of my pregnancy, my bump would suddenly start tightening and become hard as a rock...it wasn't obvious at first but now coming almost to week 24, I find I would get it the minute I stand up or walk. So I asked my gynae about this and he said it was BH. I read that it's normal to have these contraction-like feelings as it prepares our bodies for actual labour, it's just that I'm rather worried I may be having them with abnormal frequency and that its a bit too early in pregnancy to be having it? Which was why I wanted to ask around.
I'm having twins so that could be a reason why I seem to be getting BH already? I wouldn't describe it as a painful feeling...but rather quite uncomfortable..cuz the belly feels tight. Not sure if I'm making sense here, ladies.

Still don't really get it...lolx :D
Usually my bump will be rock hard/tight after I took a meal or feeling bloated. But not so much of tightening & releasing of the bump...hmmm...shall continue to observe.
Ya, I think for twins, you are advancing faster than us carrying single baby, so you are experiencing sensations earlier than us. Better take more rest and don't push yourself too much.

Hi FuTai,

As long you are not stress about it then it's ok.
I'm using Clarins twice a day... I guess I'm too vain :p

Lititia, I just got myself a maternity support belt online yesterday. Brand is Nexcare (which is under 3M). Personally, I think it helps with my backaches, thou will need time to get used to it...cos it feels like something is binding your belly and it will sort of push your lower back straight, thus your entire upper body will need to readjust it's posture (I assume its to readjust our body to the correct posture so that we won't get the backaches). You may want to try. I bought from Qoo10 at $59.90, Mothercare selling the same thing at $70+.

Hi P3riwinkl3, how do you wear the belt - under the clothes or on top? I saw people wearing belts on top of dress, but wondering if it's possible to hide it under... is it gonna be very visible?

Hi P3riwinkl3, how do you wear the belt - under the clothes or on top? I saw people wearing belts on top of dress, but wondering if it's possible to hide it under... is it gonna be very visible?

Diagram on the box shows wearing over...but I'm wearing it under. Since I'm wearing baggy/flowy oversize dresses now, the belt is only slightly obvious on the outside, depending on the material of the clothing. But I don't care la, preggy is not about being sexy, it's about being comfy! I cannot imagine having my backaches getting worse!
I'm only wearing the belt when I head to work or go home. In the office I don't use it unless I can feel the backaches coming on. At home also not using since I have my stash of pillows to get into comfy position.

thanks! I also was thinking of wearing it underneath, but was not sure if possible since so many people wear it over...
See if my pain calms down... if not, maybe can start looking for the belt too. It's not really bothering me yet. But I guess it's better try preventing it early before it become serious.

Are you intending to buy clothes/items online with the measurements?
Depending on what the measurements are for.
Example:
When I bought maternity clothing online, I used the widest measurements to play safe (yup, horizontal width at belly button) cos online clothes tend to have measurement difference of 2-3cm.
But for items like maternity support belt which needs to be snuggly fitted, I will follow the measurement diagram the seller provides to get an accurate measurement (from back to under the belly).
I jus wanna knw what's the size of other mummies belly size =D
Curious what's the norm belly size
Mine felt so much bigger than when having #1

I think everybody's belly is different? Cannot compare even withing same gestational age... Mine grow quite fast even though it's #1.

Yup, my bump grew quite fast too even though it's my #1. Depends on body types and number of births ba.
I'm kinda chubby pre-preg, so my tummy has some fats & looser skin so expand quite fast :p.
By week 10 my bump was already protruding...by 5th month, 1 sales lady commented my bump looks bigger than 5 months *ouch* :oops:
Conversely, my friend who is 7 weeks behind me (shld be ~5 months now)...when she was about 16 weeks, she don't even look pregnant at all. Good genes for her.

I am a mummy from May Babies group. I have received a Eu Yan Sang 28-day confinement pkg (online promo at $268 and content can be found on EYS website) and a bottle of 姜酒 as a gift from a vendor only after my confinement. Would like to sell away? Anyone interested, pm me? Price negotiable. Thks.

Yup, I saw that table too....basing on my bmi I should gain about 11-15kg.
But if I'm on the higher end of the bmi to begin with, should I be gaining the lower 11kg instead of 15kg? lolx

I was hoping to lose my pregnancy weight + 5kg which I had gained over the years after getting together with my hubby.:D
Basically I want to look slimmer than my pre-pregnancy la...possible? Hahaha...maybe I'm too greedy.

Hihi, yes if your BMI is at the higher side it is better to gain lesser weight. I was underweight BMI pre pregnancy and I gained 20kgs before delivery! And now I am at postpartum week 10 with 10 more kg to lose :(

I've also heard that normally you will loose about 8-10 kg during labour, amniotic fluid and placenta etc seems to be quite heavy...

Hi there, Yes during and a few days after labour, when you get a chance to put yourself on the weighing machine again, you'll find yourself about 10kg lighter! Especially if you are breastfeeding! I was 65kg before labour, 61.5kg 3 days postpartum and 54kg 20days postpartum. But then my weight drop has stopped afterwhich :( haha~

Hi All,

Currently I am going to Mount Elizabeth Orchard, I have heard recently that this hospital promotes caesarean delivery.
has anyone heard about it?

Hello, I delivered in Mount Elizabeth Novena in April via an elective csect under epidural. I personally don't get the feeling that Mount Elizabeth Hospitals promotes csecs, but if you have heard or read anywhere that they have a high numbers of csecs performed then maybe it could be because they are kind of "atas" lol.

Mount Elizabeth only has single maternity wards and any soul who seeks this comfort are the ones who are willing to pay for comfort. Like myself, I only wanted one child so I want my whole experience of this once in a lifetime birth to be of the least painful and best comfort (in terms of kind nurses, great environment) Hence I guess, these group of people would prefer a csec then going thru painful labour.

Last edited:

Hello, I experienced my first BH at week 32 and I got a shock of my life thinking I am in labour! I think BH happens more easily if you are tired or has physically stressed yourself during the third trimester. I was helping out really lightly on the renovation stuffs of my new flat back then and I get BH almost everyday specifically at the same time of the night. And more then often it last about 30 mins each BH. Got worried too and I googled about it seems to be safe and normal so I didn't inform my gynae.

Then one day, I had a fall in the toilet at week 36 and I felt contractions that is actually BH, rushed to my gynae the next day morning and my gynae just laughed at me saying only drama has "fall and into labour immediately" So paiseh! Haha, yah so BH actually is normal but can be scary when you first felt it :)

Hello, I experienced my first BH at week 32 and I got a shock of my life thinking I am in labour! I think BH happens more easily if you are tired or has physically stressed yourself during the third trimester. I was helping out really lightly on the renovation stuffs of my new flat back then and I get BH almost everyday specifically at the same time of the night. And more then often it last about 30 mins each BH. Got worried too and I googled about it seems to be safe and normal so I didn't inform my gynae.

Then one day, I had a fall in the toilet at week 36 and I felt contractions that is actually BH, rushed to my gynae the next day morning and my gynae just laughed at me saying only drama has "fall and into labour immediately" So paiseh! Haha, yah so BH actually is normal but can be scary when you first felt it :)

At week 26 now. I think I experienced my 1st episode of BH last night....although I'm not that certain.
While bathing, I felt my bump becoming tight & tense suddenly, accompanied by mild cramp pains on the sides and under the bump. Made me stopped whatever I was doing to hold & support my bump. After a minute or so, the bump relaxed. But the tightening/relaxing came on another 2-3 times during my shower. Only after I lay down on my bed to rest then the whole thing seems to subside.
Yesterday night, my body also seemed more achy when I'm sleeping....Like very difficult to find the correct slping position to ease the strain on the bump...not sure is it related to the BH a not.

Hi.
Anyone considering postnatal massages? As I am not working, we are only depending on my hubbie's salary. We are quite tight on budget and am not sure if I the postnatal massage really helps or is necessary.

My target weight gain is abt 10kg for this pregnancy and I've already gained 6kg...still have 4 more months to go and the last trimester I heard is going to be a growth spurt.:(
Think I'm going to miss my target by a big margin T_T.
I'm hoping that most of the excess weight is coming from the amniotic fluid, placenta, etc and not really me gaining in body mass. :p

If it helps, I didn't gain any weight in my last 2 months since my gynae told me to cut carbo for two of the appts so baby will be healthier. I started taking oats daily so that it's more filling (only realising it's also a milk booster so it's a plus for me!), snack on healthier stuffs like fruits and nuts. I still have my cheat foods like chocs n cakes on date nights with hubs but no weight gain. Baby's weight gain still went up healthily and almost a mth old now. :)

I gained 10kg in all and lost abt 7.5kg when I weighed myself during first week follow-up with gynae

Back