September 2016 Mummies!

Hi dr ong only goes to mtA right? I heard he is gd. But my gynae delivers at thomson only. Im also have some pain at right lower bottom. Anyone has pain when sneezing?
I seem to experience some aches when I cough or sneeze these past few days...usually at my right rib cage area.
Not sure if I've been coughing or sneezing too hard...but I'm not down with flu I think. Just on/off dry cough & sneeze...maybe room too dusty..hoho
I am still feeling the aches at my pelvic area, although much much better than last week. Yes, I do feel some pain when I sneeze/cough. I also feel like my belly is heavier too, maybe that's causing the aches. I have put on 4kg so far.

My target weight gain is abt 10kg for this pregnancy and I've already gained 6kg...still have 4 more months to go and the last trimester I heard is going to be a growth spurt.:(
Think I'm going to miss my target by a big margin T_T.
I'm hoping that most of the excess weight is coming from the amniotic fluid, placenta, etc and not really me gaining in body mass. :p

I saw a table somewhere saying that for those within the healthy pre-pregnancy weight range normal weight gain is between 11-15 kg. However, I'm not sure if it's normal for Asian (because it seems to me that on an average Asian gain less).
Anyway, I'm targeting to gain below 15kg. (and I'm not Asian).
So far about +6kg and 4 more month to go.

I've also heard that normally you will loose about 8-10 kg during labour, amniotic fluid and placenta etc seems to be quite heavy...

Yup, I saw that table too....basing on my bmi I should gain about 11-15kg.
But if I'm on the higher end of the bmi to begin with, should I be gaining the lower 11kg instead of 15kg? lolx

I was hoping to lose my pregnancy weight + 5kg which I had gained over the years after getting together with my hubby.:D
Basically I want to look slimmer than my pre-pregnancy la...possible? Hahaha...maybe I'm too greedy.

Last check up my gynae said my baby big and i was told to diet. My 1st pregnancy also , i had to cut down sugary food intake from 3rd trim. Who's your gynae in tmc? Im under dr benjamin tham.

Last check up my gynae said my baby big and i was told to diet. My 1st pregnancy also , i had to cut down sugary food intake from 3rd trim. Who's your gynae in tmc? Im under dr benjamin tham.
Hi shelly20, how heavy was your baby during the scan?

I forgot to ask about my baby weight... and the doctor never mentioned. I guess at 20 weeks should be somewhere 300-400g?

Last check, my baby's weight was ~350g at W20+6d. Considered average weight by my gynae.
My weight gain was 5kg then, considered average but on the low side by my doc.

I forgot to ask about my baby weight... and the doctor never mentioned. I guess at 20 weeks should be somewhere 300-400g?
Last check, my baby's weight was ~350g at W20+6d. Considered average weight by my gynae.
My weight gain was 5kg then, considered average but on the low side by my doc.
My baby was ~350g at Week20 scan, was also told by gynae it's average weight :)

Hi mummies, I have a Prelove Medela Pump in Style Advanced (dbl electric pump) that's lightly used for 3 mths during my maternity leave stay home. PM me if you are interested. Tks

Hi All,

Currently I am going to Mount Elizabeth Orchard, I have heard recently that this hospital promotes caesarean delivery.
has anyone heard about it?

Hello mummy, i seriously doubt any hospital will actively promotes C Section. If this is an interesting topic for you, maybe you can consider going to MOH website, they actually publish the number and type of delivery of each hospital. Maybe you can do a percentage count of each hospital of C-section vs the total number of delivery each hospital done over a same period, it might give you another perspective.

imho, even if a certain hospital really promote C-section, it is relevant, because ultimately it is still your free choice to decide doc/hospital & method of delievery. If you refuse to sign the consent form, i seriously doubt any doctor will dare to cut your tummy. What is more important imho is to find your preferred hospital & gynac at a estimated cost that fit your budget.

Jia you.

Personally I believe that some doctors (not hospitals) promote CS. Because it's easier for them (can be planned in advance) and it earns them better pay check. :) It happens not only in Singapore, everywhere.
But of course it is still up to us to decide, they have no right to force anyone into it unless there are any complications.

My feet start to swell. Somehow only one of them - left. It didn't subside after a night of sleep. I guess it's normal to certain extend? Will ask the doctor during the upcoming appointment. So far I tried to walk as much as possible, drink a lot of water and keep the legs up, but it doesn't help much. My left foot just fall asleep after like half an hour if I don't move it, while the right foot is perfectly fine.

My feet start to swell. Somehow only one of them - left. It didn't subside after a night of sleep. I guess it's normal to certain extend? Will ask the doctor during the upcoming appointment. So far I tried to walk as much as possible, drink a lot of water and keep the legs up, but it doesn't help much. My left foot just fall asleep after like half an hour if I don't move it, while the right foot is perfectly fine.
Is the swell obvious and does it hurt? Perhaps it's water retention? Heard need to drink a lot of water.

It's obvious enough to notice, but it doesn't hurt. Only that leg feels a bit numb. yes, I guess it's water retention, seems to be quite normal.
I have already drank 1.5 liters of water since morning... :) keep on going toilet...

It's obvious enough to notice, but it doesn't hurt. Only that leg feels a bit numb. yes, I guess it's water retention, seems to be quite normal.
I have already drank 1.5 liters of water since morning... :) keep on going toilet...
I guess if it doesn't hurt then should be ok. Ya, heard it's quite normal. Just keep the liquids up and hope it goes off soon :)

I am feeling quite heavy at my belly these days. Have to take breaks and sit during shopping :rolleyes: and usually pelvic area or back will hurt at the end of the day.

Ya, we are getting heavier. Next few month the belly gonna grow a lot.
Mine start to grow fast after week 20. Now at 23 and a half and i think it's quite huge... small.jpg

Same edd as me :)
But I will probably opt for elective c-sect (scared of pain for natural delivery), so will highly be earlier than 23 sep.

Hi, if you take the epidural, it is not that painful, at least that is my experience. I am also quite worried about pain during delivery too.

Hi, if you take the epidural, it is not that painful, at least that is my experience. I am also quite worried about pain during delivery too.

Ya, I understand but being my first time, I find the prelude to the actual labour can be quite traumatizing too...Eg. bloody show, water bag burst, is it/is it not contraction pains, etc.
It's mentally easier for me to accept c-sect+epi at this moment.

hi everyone, new here and expecting a cute little fella in the second week of Sep!

just had my 25 weeks' scan and baby is a little bam bam, 765g already! gynae says we're expecting a 3kg baby during labour, haha. what are your little babies' weight now? :)

Personally I believe that some doctors (not hospitals) promote CS. Because it's easier for them (can be planned in advance) and it earns them better pay check. :) It happens not only in Singapore, everywhere.
But of course it is still up to us to decide, they have no right to force anyone into it unless there are any complications.

Hello mummy, you are correct, i am sure there are all kinda of doctor out there, of cos in every hospital world wide too. We should slowly pick and choose the gynac we feel most comfy to work with

jia you.

Today was my planned visit to KKH and I asked the doctor about the baby's weight during previous ultrasound. She checked and it was not recorded. Is that normal? I remember the baby was measured everywhere and doc says that the size is just right for the age, but somehow they never measured the weight. I'm a bit surprised, coz I know that some mommies already know the bb weight at 20 weeks.

Today was my planned visit to KKH and I asked the doctor about the baby's weight during previous ultrasound. She checked and it was not recorded. Is that normal? I remember the baby was measured everywhere and doc says that the size is just right for the age, but somehow they never measured the weight. I'm a bit surprised, coz I know that some mommies already know the bb weight at 20 weeks.

Did they give you a copy of the ultrascan? Is the weight stated on it?
If not, is there any measurements for FL, BFD, HC, AC? If yes, you can try to estimate using the table on this website :
http://www.babymed.com/ultrasound-measurements-in-pregnancy

P3riwinkl3, thanks for the link.
I don't have any copies with me, so cannot check. Anyway I'm not worried about the actual weight, coz doctor said that baby develops just fine and the size match the requirements of his gestational age. Just surprised that they never measured the weight, I thought it's a common practice.
Thanks anyway.

I don't have any copies with me, so cannot check. Anyway I'm not worried about the actual weight, coz doctor said that baby develops just fine and the size match the requirements of his gestational age. Just surprised that they never measured the weight, I thought it's a common practice.
Thanks anyway.

No problem. Maybe during your next appointment, just make it a point to ask the doc to reveal to you the estimated weight. ;)

Thanks anyway.

I'm not with KKH anymore but my gynae (private) do inform the estimate weight when I did the detail scan (~20 weeks) as well as the recent visit at 25weeks.
If you opt for a detail scan then I think you should have a copy of the report. No?

I'm not with KKH anymore but my gynae (private) do inform the estimate weight when I did the detail scan (~20 weeks) as well as the recent visit at 25weeks.
If you opt for a detail scan then I think you should have a copy of the report. No?

Hi, FuTai, maybe it's a common practice with non-private patience, but I do not have any copy of any scan or test - they are all with doctor.
I'm planning to get all my records before I switch to another hospital, but I guess I will have to pay for me (not sure yet, will check during my next visit).

As to the breast pump - I'm planning to get a new one. Don't dare to buy second-hand.

Hi all, I just visited my gynae today.

As of Wk24+6d, baby is 711g. I gained 7.5kg so far.
Gynae says both our weight gains are good....But comparing to the other mummies in the FB group, my baby seems lighter.:oops:
What about the rest of you?

Hi all, I just visited my gynae today.

As of Wk24+6d, baby is 711g. I gained 7.5kg so far.
Gynae says both our weight gains are good....But comparing to the other mummies in the FB group, my baby seems lighter.:oops:
What about the rest of you?

Wk25+4d, baby is about 880g & I gained about 4.5kg.
If the gynae assured that you and baby are good, then it should be.
Don't add stress to yourself :)

Wk25+4d, baby is about 880g & I gained about 4.5kg.
If the gynae assured that you and baby are good, then it should be.
Don't add stress to yourself :)

I'm already thinking about eating DURIANS after my doc's feedback...hahaha....maybe eat a little durian to boost baby's weight a bit :p.
But I have to control my food intake for the next 1 month...going to take the diabetes test on my next appt.

Back