Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

lilcreature,
I'm a Project Engineer.
happy.gif

We took turns to carry him around... hehe...

funny76,
tsk tsk... u r funny...
happy.gif

helo long time never post here...

poko, my gal, 5 yr old, is attending MMI sengkang ever since they opened..that's since 2006 I think.
main probelm: high teacher turnover, my gal has a change of about 5 teachers?? actually I lost count of it. she's K1 this yr and they managed to retain one teacher, the other one went on maternity, came back and then on NPL now. Both teachers are vvv gd though. now I'm just hoping the one replacing the teacher who left will be good too. I'm not particular abt the montessori teaching or what they teach in school. THe main thing hubby and I like is that they have a big classroom for each class. When we went there, it's abt $700 b4 subsidy for full day, now I heard it went up to $995. FOr old timers like me, the centre did not get tell us to pay the revised fee. The revised fee is aplicable to new comers only. So for my younger one, we'll have to pay $995 before subsidy when she starts next yr.

have not been to other centres that you've mentioned. btw, heard dayspring is popular too and they have 3 hr prog cum bus service. saw quite a few kids around my blk attending that.

hehe..funny ,u also here ah..

re-kindermusik
my elder one attending since 9 mths old, now she's 5 yrs old. I have only good things to say abt them leh...so biased hor..haha...

my younger one, we started her abot 2 mths ago, she's also 9 mths plus then. she's also enjoying the class.

as for teachers, I agree you must be comfortable with their style. I have tried Doreen and Yim CHing. Both are very patient and nice teachers. It's a 'shiong' 45 mins session cos got to carry the baby and run about etc. But the bonding is really there. My elder one appreciates the music very much. SHe'll compose her own songs now and then.

Kindermusik is mainly on music appreciation so dun be mistaken that your kid is learning the notes and keyboard etc. Those comes in when they are 4-5 years old and they dun teach keyboard. They expose the kdis to different types of instrument- string, wind and keyboard.

some mummies from other groups have gone for trial lessons and some complaints are:
- not stringent in the checking of hands etc ( for hfmd)
- carpet in the class is not clean
- class set up not as vibrant as other centres such as gymboree

Amy thanks for your advise...

Day spring is a Kindergarten, I view their school before, althought a lot of kids around but to me is like "乱中有序" I choose bridges the other time is I am impress by their training material but now the price is getting too high for me to handle.

S$995 - 300 right? Is at high side too, will go down to view and consider again.

hi funny,
the kinder package is like this roughly:

each lesson abt $25
one theme consists of abt 8 lessons so 25*8
materials abt another $70
so total abt $270
they allow 2 make ups if kid is sick, just call in and tell them and then make up on another available day.

hey anyone keen for meet up at punggol during weekday mornings? I stay next to the plaza only...

hi.. wow so many newbies here :p

Funny - I am also at edgedale plains. ur nick looks familar. I am at blk132. u?

Cc = I just enrolled my boy to Character Montessori at Punggol road (Sk there). $890 for fullday before subsidy. for PN1 class, the teacher ratio is 3:12kids. Find tat they are not bad...

Funny - I went for trial at Talentplus at blk127 before. huh... i never tot of continuing after the class. hahaha. thereafter, I enrolled my boy to the Tumble tots playgroup... my son enjoyed the class tremendously. but too bad had to change him to CC after 1 term due to some changes at nanny side.
sad.gif

Music - I joined Kindermisik for their holiday program before (short 5lessons only). Not bad but find tat abit boring by the time at 4-5lesson hahaha. teacher doreen is gd.
happy.gif
Now my boy is attending weekly music class at mandville... similar like Kindermisik but will hv more formal teaching like "notes", composers, instruments. according to teacher, after 3terms, the kid shd be able to play 1 pc of song on the keyboard :p

Hi all,
I live overseas at the moment, but coming back in November for holiday for 4 weeks. In the meantime will reside at my parents place at Blk 128D - do you all meet up for playdates? Wouldn't mind joining in for a few sessions. My son is 2.5yrs, daughter is 7 mths
happy.gif

Hi Amy,
Thks! Thks! Remember I hav sent u as MSN msg. Do go n take a look.

Hi MTDT,
Hahaha...I post in "Any MTB in Punggol?" b4 I deliver. I seldom go there anymore coz I haven't deliver at tat time mah...Hahaha...Mi at 126B... Nw is abt time I join ur "Any MTB in Punggol? " thread liao....Hahaha.....I like gatherings n mitup....

hi Lengleng,
I'm in UK. Basically I want my boy to have the opportunity to mix with other children for the 4 weeks, rather than see my face all the time.

Anybody know of any playgroups near 128D? something cheap - not really looking for him to formally learn, but just to play and mix around. Dunno if the RC does anything?

funny- oh!!! No wonder ur nick so familar! :p

Tootsieroll - hi, i am quite near to u at blk132.
happy.gif
I have a Jun 06 boy.. shd be similar to ur boy age.

126 have a talentplus at the RC there... but think during mth of nov/dec is not operating as they follow sch hols. tumbletots in punggol plaza also one place... but also sch hols.... so for tat 4weeks tat u back would be useful.

for short term - maybe can consider hols program but wont be in Punggol area.

phonics - nearby hv tumbletots using letterland or skieniah montessori using montessori phonics. but dunno good or not.

or some RCs hv phonics program too...

Hi mummies,

just to share,
i was eating ban mian at kopitiam next to prime supermarket in punggol. Blk 108.
Halfway thru eating, i felt some thing hard. Thinking that it might be just the ikan bilis. I tried to chew. I felt something sharp then i tried to take it out. Guess what, it is a piece of wood. those furniture which is old and surface start to peel off that kind of wood. I was really angry. What if i cut my tongue?

I took the whole tray over and told the auntie:"Auntie, Do you know i found a pc of wood plank in your mee? "
THe answer was:"NOT MY PROBLEM HOR, IT IS FROM THE IKAN BILIS. IT IS PACK INSIDE ONE."
She never even bother to apologize.
I told her:"So it is my fault and i am just plain unlucky that there is a pc of wooden plank in my mee la."
She said:"it is all pack inside, not my problem. got once i even found a metal nail inside."
I was extremely shocked to hear that. IS she trying to tell me that i am lucky to have just found a pc of small wood.

I even told her:"So you mean i should complain to your supplier for you la. You didnt even bother to apologize on behalf of the company. WHAT IF I CUT MY TONGUE?"
She raised her voice and said: "IT IS NOT MY FAULT, i really dunno. I never say i dun wan to say sorry. the most of refund you lor"

I am totally pissed with her. got back my refund and left with an empty stomach. Through out the coversation, she raised her voice at me and never even apologize. Not even once.

Qiu lian ban mian is bann from my food list as i really dunno what i find the next time. Can you imagine if it is a small kid who is eating and they might not be able to take it out on time? What will happen?

Hello mummies,

I am a FTWM staying in Sengkang too. I've read all yr postings & wish to join u guys. I'm going back to work after my maternity leave & wish to continue to breastfeed my gal of 9wks old. Wondering how much BM will a 3mths old baby need cos I intend to pump twice in office & latch on when with her? Btw, i've waitlisted my son of 4yrs old for the yamaha music school at sengkang CC for quite a while but still no news from them. Any feedback on this Yamaha school? Is there a kindermusik in SK?

Hi everyone! Just back in forum again...any gathering????

Welcome Doris Low.
I also intend to enroll my 4yrs old son in Yamaha music at sengkang cc. Did you finally get the class?

SO happy to found this thread. I have a 3.5yrs gal & 5 months boy. Do let me know if there is any gathering.

Doris, I also thinking of sending my gal to yamaha sch. There is one at Kovan as well. U might want to try.

Hi..mummies,

My bb has already 7mth. But I am still carrying excess baggage in my body. I am still over weight by 5 kg. And very difficult to let go this time.

Sometimes, i do swimming and jogging alternately..but naughtly cheated in way..after 1 km jogging then start walking or start looking around or if there is a market start window shopping...I have low motivation..too many reason for not to keep up exercise..haa.haaa

So just wondering, if there is any jogging club in sengkang area..I think I need to join. I need some partners to motivate me or even force me to keep up...Got to loose weight..christmas party is coming!!!

Anyone has any idea for jogging club/group near sengkang or punggol?

A running club sounds great ... i too am guilty of not going for the run around the estate at the slightest of excuse ... but im a runner with stroller, no babysitter ... so have to be mindful of weather all the time, not too hot and def not when threatening to rain ... which is the case in recent days ...

any other mothers who are runners and want to run tog?

Angie:
How old is your bb? I have 7mth old baby and 4yrs kid. Perhaps, we cn put them in one place under someone control( i.e maid??)..then we cn run for min 30min? They can play together somemore.

Anyone know, is there any children playground such as gogobambini or fidgets or any place that we cn put our children to play - of course with fee - around sengkang?

Plus..anyone want to jog?
Let's start the jog club! Each of us can motivate and force one another...haaa..haaa

so happy to see this thread moving..
happy.gif

gathering-yes i m keen too..

running/jogging club-yes, interested.. i still hv alot of fats to shed off too.. hee..
mikael, is your baby born in jan 08 ? i hv a 2yr old boy and a 8 mth old gal..

hi all,

wow jogging club....interesting. But i cant join u all for now.

I have been working from home since mon, cos gynae gave me 1mth hospitalisation leave. mostly likely staying at home till baby arrives.

Happymum2b,

My bb born in March 2008. Are you homestay mommy or working?I'm homestay mommy.

Hi everyone,
Let's start the club...leh!
Do you prefer sat or sun and morning or afternoon? Any place we can bring the kids to play also while we jog???

hi everyone~ glad to see some movements (finally) in this thead~

I am keen on gathering, jogging??? I will join u all in my dreams wahahhaa~

It took me close to 2 yrs to shed off tt 10kg i gain during my pregnacy.

I dun think there is kindermusic in SK. The nearest is Tampines. I m keen in Kindermusic but the traveling time by bus is so tiring and by cab is so x *hee*

My baby is 9 months old. I dun mind pushing him while i run. it trains the arms too ... not that im not getting enough exercise carrying him around hahah! and speed wise, im not training for any race at mo, so that's ok .. but you're right the motivation part is hard to muster up heheh!

and im a stayhome mom too so can run on weekday evenings or mornings ....

TOKYO, Oct 24 - Worries over the safety of instant noodles spread in Japan on Friday after nine servings were found to contain poison, and one maker recalled half a million cups of the popular product.

TAINTED CUP NOODLES NISSIN BEING RECALLED!

Nine cups of noodles distributed by the Japanese Consumers' Co-operative Union were found to contain paradichlorobenzene, a chemical used in mothballs, a spokesman said. He said the amounts were small and led to no illnesses.

"We have no idea how they were contaminated," the spokesman said. "We don't think anything could have been mixed in during production or distribution."

The findings follow a report on Thursday that one woman was made sick after eating the popular "Cup Noodle" snack made by Nissin Food Products Co Ltd.

Nissin has voluntarily recalled half a million cups that were made in the same Japanese factory as the contaminated cup, the company said.

The poisoned noodles have shaken the public's faith in what they eat, with consumers already worried about food safety after a string of scandals, most recently involving products made in China.

The contaminated instant noodles, however, were all from factories in Japan. Media reports said a police investigation was under way.

"Cup Noodle" under the Nissin brand is especially popular among Japanese, both young and old, with flavours ranging from milk seafood to chili tomato.

The noodles scare comes a week after reports that at least one woman was made ill after eating frozen beans imported from China containing insecticide.

Earlier this year, several Japanese were made ill by Chinese-made dumplings that also contained insecticide, incidents that followed several false labelling scandals involving traditional sweets and cookies made in Japan.

(Source: Reuters - Yahoo news 24 Oct 2008)

Angie Tan and Happymum2b..my boy is sick...can't confirm when we should start jogging.

I'll confirm later. Or you two can go ahead first.

mikael,
hope ur boy is better..
oh, i m a FTWM.. my mum helps to look after my kids together with my helper..

angie,
yes, agreed tat motivation plays a big part..
happy.gif

mikael & angie,
which part of sengkang u gals stay?

h@ppymum2b, I live at Anchorvale Link, so usually i run at the empty plot of land near anchorvale CC. sometimes run the big loop around fernvale but only do that when i run w hubs as it's quite quiet.

Where do you live?

Hi all,
I'm first time here... stay at Punggol Central...
Looking for a childcare for my 2 years old girl. Initial wanted to enrol her at Kids Kingdom (Central Christian Church building) few months back, however lately there is a construction going on which is just right behind the building. Quite worry about the dust as my girl has a sensitive nose and also the noise. Need advise whether is it an important issue to note? Any kids there and how is the situation?
Second, what other good choices of CC around?
Hope to get some feedback. Thank you.

Hi..Happymum2b and angie...
I;m staying at Compass Height! So when we should start meet and run?

My boy is okay now. Thanks for your concern.

angie,
i stay at compassvale cres..
wow, u hv already started running.. tat's a good start..
happy.gif

mikael,
so glad to hear ur boy is okay now..
yes yes, let's arrange to meet & run.. is weekday evening ok for u all ?

lorraine,
++wave++ Hi !

Happymum2b,

Weekday evening sound fine. Can we choose one particular day? So regularly we will meet on that day for jogging.

Monday or Thursday are good to me. What about you? Angie, what's your schedule?

LOrraine,
Hi..welcome!

Hi Mikael,

I've not been checking my emails as my son has just recovered from chicken pox & now maid got chicken pox & is separated from us cos my gal is only 2mths+ ...:-( got to take care of 2 kids on my own, it's not easy (thumbs up for all SAHM....) I have yet to get the class @ Sengkang Yamaha but thanks to dearie_e, will check out the Kovan Yamaha...

I love jogging but have not done so ever since I have my 1st kid.

mydarlings, hope you are well...Though u work @ home, do get ample rest before u deliver in Dec..

mikael,
i m ok with mon or thu evening too..
yes, good idea to fix 1 particular day for our regular jog.
happy.gif

doris,
oh no.. it must be v xiong for u having to look after 2 kids.. hope ur maid recover fast so she can help u out..

mikael & happymum2b,

Let me know when the jogging date is fixed. If I can make it, I will join

Hope these 2wks of "xiong" period will help me to slim back to "S" size

Doris, thanks. have been taking afternoon nap the past few days during lunch.

you must be very tired looking after 2 kids all by yourself now. must rest well and eat more vit to boost your immune too.

hi all, maybe we can plan a wake boarding session after everyone has gotten back to shape...but i have to wait quite a while i think.

Hi mikael & happymum2b & doris

Mon or Thur is ok for me too. I usually run the 2 empty plots of land at anchorvale cc and have also ran to punggol park too. where would you all suggest? we all seem to live quite close by each other.

re: our jogging date
great, seems like Mon or Thu works for most of us..
happy.gif

shall we set the date for our first jog as 3rd Nov ? i will be out of town on 6th Nov.
or do u gals prefer the week starting 10th Nov ?
venue-i will go along with u gal's suggestion..

Hi All....
Just know that PG n SK has a club thread...
happy.gif
WOuld like to join too... We are the new resident in the PG Central. Moved here just b4 my bb borned. Now she is 12 wks oredi but the mom doesnt know much about the area she live at... Dont have time to roam properly leh... But I do know PG Plaza hehehehe
If there is a gathering, let me know....interesting to meet all the other mommies n the bbs
happy.gif

Back