Sembawang MTB or SAHM

<font color="aa00aa">
Hi Gan and mummies,

what is shichida? and what is sakadomo (the one at blk 466)? wah.. so many different kind of classes... ooo.. $$$$$
keke..
1463124.gif

</font>

Hi Gan,
I have dropped you a pm. Please gimme the contact for the Shichida class in Bishan considering that it is nearer home and much cheaper
happy.gif

Hi Gan,
Thanks! Have PM you!

BBSG,
I bring my Gracia to East Coast Park over the weekend! hehe

Twins/Kimie,
What type of Pampers XL? I have a neighbour who have some loose packs wanna sell hers away. But I'm not sure what type one. I can help you all ask if you all interested. She still have 55pcs.

BBSG,
i also trying to find out more about shichida. so can't give you much infor.
What is sakadomo? sounds like "zhen zi" name lei... ???

<font color="aa00aa">
Vineyard,

Sorry har.. i also duno how to spell the name correctly.. yah.. it seems to spell like "zhen zi".. hehehe..
</font>

Hi Lala &amp; Vine,

I just saw yur pm &amp; already replied both of you via sms. Hope you found my info useful. If the JG does not turn out as good as we expect (I've put Hayley on their waiting list since Feb), will put my girl back to Shichida @ Bishan.

Hi BBSG,
Shichida is more on right brain teaching and focus on hand on projects like mix and matching, speed reading, flashcard etc. As for sakadomo, sorry I not too sure on that.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Vineyard</font>, <font color="0000ff">BBSG</font> and <font color="0000ff">Gan</font>
I think you're talking about Sakamoto's Method used on solving Math. I'm also not very sure if its proven but the school seemed very packed with students.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Vineyard</font>
Your neighbour's is probably the same Pampers Comfort Dry which Kimiesmum and I had already condemned it! hahaha... The pack size is 60 pcs for XL, so your neighbour's 55 pcs is probably the balance after using 1-2 pcs + tearing the next 3-4 pcs. Kekeke... I'm quite sure its not the better quality Baby Dry series because the XL pack doesn't have so many pieces in it.
happy.gif

Anyway, if it does turn out to be Baby Dry, I'll be very glad to purchase from her.
happy.gif

Dear All,

I'm new. Currently I'm looking for baby sitter near Sembawang MRT station. Any recommend?

May I know the current market for taking care 2mth plus baby from 7am to 7.30pm (Mon to Fri)?

Thanks

<font color="aa00aa">
HI Khim,

sorry i dun have recommendations for reliable baby sitters yet, that's why my boy (10 mths old) is still in infant care near the Sembawang MRT. hehe.
there's one in blk 478 i think but i did not check out the baby sitter..
</font>
1467229.gif

<font color="aa00aa">
HI Twins,
yah, i walked past just now. it is called SAKAMOTO.. hehe..

VINE,
SAKAMOTO...... hehe.
</font>
1467233.gif

Hi BBSG,

Is your bb infant care in blk 350B??
So far, hw u find the infant care center??
How abt the teachers over there??
Dun mind can share with me more....

Thanks

<font color="aa00aa">
HI Khim,
the teachers are nice and friendly. however if you want to bring to infant care, you have to be prepared that your kid will fall sick often.. you can call the infant care and request the principal to show you around place.
happy.gif

</font>

twins - I just saw another mummy mentioned that Shopnsave is now having promo for pampers baby dry 2 packs for $19.90. Better go &amp; grab now.

Good morning ladies!

Twins
Was told that there was a fire this morning at Woodlands Terr.(One of those factory opp us). The smell of the foam on the canal is irritating, making my nose &amp; throat itchy! yucks!

Went to check out Joy Montessori at HDB Branch office the other day. Was informed that it's full and they have a super long waiting list. Haiz, too bad Little Campus do not have half day program.

Btw, how do you find pet2 as compared to drypers? Forgot if their size is bigger or smaller? May want to try out.

BBSG
Didnt manage to walk to 350... dunno how you manage, quite a distance from our place leh.

<font color="0000ff">Van</font>
I knew about the offer from Shop &amp; Save. Anyway, its over already and XL size was long OOS before the offer ended.
happy.gif
But I did managed to stock up some Pampers Baby Dry XL size from Sheng Siong over at my dad's place. Thanks!

<font color="0000ff">Kimiesmum</font>
So that funny "grapefruit" smell was from the fire? Hee... I find the foam on the canal very unusual, so I took a pix of it from my flat this morning. Hahaha...

Why don't you try out full day at My Little Campus (MLC) first then see how it goes? When you see how fast your gal develop and change after attending daycare, you and your HB may find full day facility a better alternative. Hee! Just my suggestion lah, cos that's what a friend of mine just shared with me last week.

Actually I find Pet2 OK. Chloe had no problem with it. But yet to try out on the sensitive skin gal (Gracia) yet. Previously Gan gave us a piece of Pet2 when we had to get Gracia's diaper change at her place. She seemed OK with it but not sure if prolong use will have any effects on her skin. Maybe I try it next round before my Baby Dry XL runs out.
happy.gif

Twins

Ya, meant to write that the foam from the fire dept.
happy.gif
HB thot that there's ice on the canal. *faint*

I'm so near to the canal, the smell acutally woke me up and me thinking why is Kimie's tiger stuff toy (lying right infront of my face) smells like some bubble gum.

Thanks for advice on childcare issue. Think I shall not fret over this and just sign up for her next year! It's also more cost savings. Nowadays, it's so difficult to even cook a simple meal for her while she's roaming in the living room, exploring everything!
sad.gif

kimiesmum, twins - I'm currently using pet2 on Louis for his daytime activities. To me, pet2 is value for money but at night I will switch to mp as it will last through the night.

Hihi Mommies!!

Shernise has been using Petpet for both day and night since she was 6 months old. Initially we let her use Mommy Poko at night (Petpet for day), but MIL always forgot to use MP whenever she changed Shernise into her nighties before we brought her home for the night... so ended up she told us not to buy MP since Petpet can last through the night...

Petpet can take abt 4-5 times wetting (depends on the 'pee measurement' per occurence lah).. so far only encounter a couple of leakages, and mainly due the fact tat we did not adjust the diaper or secure the tabs properly (cos the nottie gal refused to cooperate)...
NTUC often got offer for Petpet, $12.95 for all sizes..
1471611.gif

Hi mummies
long time no read no post haha, busy feeding little tommy lah, somemore he the type who likes to be carried all the time...only finally got some free time cos just started using pacifier on him again and this time round, success! he guai guai go and sleep woo hoo!!

GSS
v. pathetic...only got time to visit CK Tangs and causeway point (a little)...haha but bought one cute Ceresi top (from the ground floor promo) at i think $10 or less and Tangs also got some cheap girls tops for $9.90...i don't really shop clothes for myself right now cos i want to fit into my old preggie clothes k!!! But i'm not losing much weight leh ..dunno why since i have to do weights everyday i.e. carry bb tommy hehehe

Diapers
hate pet pet leh...always leaks poo! acutally i think NTUC brand is pretty good, finished a pack of M 66 pieces (i think) and Chelsea used NTUC bfor too and never had any problem...somemore cheapest!

Gathering
i super sianz at home so have been going gathering for March mummies once a week. would love to meet up with mummies here too....sometimes the routine at home is such a drudgery....can tear my hair out hehe....probably weekday is better though, weekend must take my girl as well as boy boy...v. siong k....i live wif many ppl but cannot depend on anyone to look after my kids *haiz*....actually taking my girl out alone is oredi a killer...she's 2.5 now and is exhibiting true terrible twos symptoms so quite nitemare to take her out sometimes...am trying to find time to read 1-2-3 Magic to find some discipline techniques hehe

Hi Mum and babes,

14 june sat seems not very feasible.
wkends look bad for most of you.

Van/Vine/Adeline and all,
How about last week of June 23-27 mon - fri?
Any preferred dates or time?
weekday brunch?
Coffeebean serves good brunch.or u prefer lunch?

i use ntuc, cheap and good.
at night use huggies dry comfort.
tried carrefour and fiti, not bad, but expensive.

today went motherhood at expo w expecting fren.
bought huggies ultra L34 at $12.90, 33 cents a piece.buy 2 packs free 1 HI5 dvd.FYI

<font color="aa00aa">
Hi Kimiesmum
Yah, very far. i walked 25-30mins if i bring stroller to school. no choice, can't carry BBYX now.. my hands will break if too long. the distance to walk from 859 bus stop to home is still far..
happy.gif

Kimiesmum and twins,
talking about the foam. i din even know that there's a fire, which is next to my prev workplace. i thought it was caused by the construction of the bridge.. and regarding the strong funny smell.. me and my hubby reached home at night so we kept quiet and 'pretend' that it did not exist.. old people said we can't talk about it when we smell 'flower smell' at night... cos' got something around... haha.

and this evening, we were strolling by the canal and i was so angry and sad when i saw alot of dead fishes along the canal.. thought it was pollution caused by the construction again.. and i took several pictures.. hehe.. please pardon my ignorance. only saw the 7pm news just now then i knew about the fire. hehe.

Hi Pooh,
I think there's a MMI at canberra road too, across the big field. it was previously a childcare centre call Shining Star. did u check it out too? but of cos' branch office is nearer.

Hi lady,
no preferred date and location. should be ok for me if i am still not working
happy.gif

</font>

Hi hi...
Long time no post just reading all the discussions cos nowadays very tired looking after my boy Guanwen. He had started his crawl &amp; sit &amp; I dun wanna be carried / I dun wanna sit in the stroller phase...
sad.gif
so poor me is still adjusting to his new found 'freedom' &amp; 'rights'.

Regarding childcare etc... went to the motherhood expo fair n found the MMI at Canberra Rd not too bad.... it has infant care too!!! (hmmm.. contemplating already :p)

Gathering:
Yah, weekdays are better for me. Anytime is ok.
happy.gif

Diapers:
Using Huggies Dry (the blue packaging) cheapest of the Huggies brand only $13+ from Sheng Siong during Promo for L72pieces. Can let whole night n wun cut into his tummy &amp; thighs. Guess all babies have different preferencs. MY boy can't use Pampers. Keeps leaking all the time.
Twinstar, Do u want Pampers Active (purple packing)? I've got 2 packs size L (38 pieces each) &amp; 2 packs size XL (34 pieces each) to let go cheap. Let me know if u r interested
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hi CiN,

me too.. i also use Huggies Dry Blue, it's better the red packaging. which Sheng siong u went? i only know there's a small Sheng Siong in marsiling and a big one in woodlands (the old interchange).. any sheng siong in sembawang?
happy.gif

$13+ is cheap. how do u know when will there be a promotion? i only know if we order from diaper.com, it's about $15+, 4 packs will be free delivery.</font>

Morning <font color="119911">Lala</font>

We let our gal tried the NTUC brand diapers for day use, but her bottoms always ended up bit reddish, hence stick to Petpet, which was recommended by my confinement lady... economical for us, consider she usually poo twice-thrice and pee quite a lot (she likes to drink lotsa water)..

How are you?? are you in your 2nd trimester??

My colleague just delivered last week... her newborn baby gal looks exactly like her firstborn (2.5 years in terms of age gap)...
happy.gif

hi all,
i will not be available for gatherings till after 16th june as we are celebrating for ginelle's 1st bd. =)

any updates, let me know

cheers

Lady - at this moment, I am fine with 23-27Jun. Perhaps evening time will be easier for ftwm to join us. Thanks for organising this gathering.

I saw the news mentioning the polluted canal river but I never get to see it. BBSG, twins and kimiesmum - is it the one next to your homes? How's the situation now? Hopefully the smell is gone now??? My area is still on-going constructing HDB flats, guess there is not much difference in terms of pollution too.

BBSG - what is your boy's weight? Currently, Louis is about 10.2kg and I am using Ergo carrier. So far I am ok with this, doesn't hurt my back or the shoulders after carrying him for hours (esp shopping). There are times that my boy throw temper and luckily this carrier is able to keep him in place. I am taking buses 859/ 962 too (1to1). Whenever Louis sleeps, I simply use this hook at the front to hold his head instead of my hands. Oh yes, this carrier is easily detach which is an important factor for me. Louis is very active now. I am using this to carry my 6mths old niece too. She loved this (with her mouth open non-stop)!

fluffy - Happy birthday to Ginelle! Gong xi...

pooh - you had slim down quite alot. Nice to get back the figure isn't it.

Adeline - carry on use the ntuc brand if you find that this is ok. There are many times that this house brand do have promotional price too.

twins - what other brands of diaper you have not tried yet? Maybe Gracia can trial &amp; error? Do you want me to pass you XL Pet2 since previous round seems ok?

kimiesmum - you want to try pet2? My boy is wearing XL.

lady - huh, weekday brunch, i can't make it lei as i'm working and can't join. let me know if there is any weekday after work brunch then. hee

Van - Thanks for your compliment. I thought I have put on weight. In the office I eat alot of junk foods(if don't eat I will feel very sleepy). I will try to cut down those junk foods.

Lady - Gelare and coffee bean are ok for me. Thanks

Van - Thanks but I have already bought a pack of L size. Gotta get XL the next time. So far I'm quite happy with it.
happy.gif

Lady, I can make it if it's weekday incl evening or 1st half of sat but usually out during wkend. Tks.
happy.gif

lady
last week of june should be fine but this friday is ok too
happy.gif
or next week....maybe i'm not used to planning so far ahead hehe

Motherhood Expo
can't imagine the savings i get is worth the cab fare from yishun!!! hahaha

fluffy
so fast your girl turning 1!!! she's so pretty
happy.gif

van
so Ergo is good huh? am thinking of buying after hearing some good reviews but cheapest i can find is $100 2nd hand so trying to make do with my cheap snugli carrier first which is giving me some shoulder pain but hubby said i'm not using it correctly so he's adjusting for me....aiya he only started saying he'll adjust it after i said i want to buy another one! haha

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Van,
Sorry for late reply. My boy's last weight was 8.2kg. but he's getting heavy and he does not like to be restricted so carrier is out for him. hiaz.. he don't even like to be inside the walker.. think he's slow in learning to walk. if he still can't walk at 11 mths old, is it normal? my cousin's son only a week only can walk a few steps on his own already..
</font>

BBSG - Louis also dislike to be trapped in the sling. Nevertheless I need this product to train him so that he is more well behave, esp outside environment. Our place is far from mrt hence taking bus is a must for us so naturally I will choose hands free products.

It is perfectly normal for your boy to learn slower for a start. Wait till he masters this skill and you will have another set of headache! Louis willing to learn walking only when he is about 13mths and now he simply "fly" kekeke. Different children progress at different milestones so since no apple to apple, there's no need to compare :p

mngo - how's the weather at Perth now?

Adeline - I will say this Ergo carrier is a saviour for me. When Louis displays mood swing within split seconds, this carrier is still able to control his body balancing (at least on me)! Moreover I realised that after using this for awhile, somehow my boy indirectly understand that no matter how much he struggle, it is still no use. In fact, recently I used back my sarong sling and he is indeed much more well behave. Maybe he thought that this sling is also like ergo's hehe.

kimiesmum - no problem, if you need my help feel free to let me know.

mngo,
**wave wave**
How's life there? You found job?

Nicol,
Ergo is godsend!!!
HB and I can't live w/o it. Never regret buying hahaha... But now it's inside our car boot, seldom use since Jaslyn started to walk at 9mths old haha... Oh well, we still use it occasionally when Jaslyn sleeps while we shop, dun like stroller.

BBSG
no i don't think your boy is late in walking...i thot average is about one year and my girl really started walking at 1 year old but i heard usually boys later than girls and i know of a few boys who started at around 15 mths but the earliest i heard is also a boy who started at 8mths! as u can see, big difference but all v. v. normal
happy.gif

van
okay, i go buy Ergo liao hehehe...wif 2 kids bo pian must carry one kid :p

Adeline - that's very fast of you! Same here, I find it's important to get comfortable carrier when it comes to 2 children. Sometimes I carry my niece whilst Louis walks lol.

Jenny - We shared the same style, using ergo so that the baby can sleep while we are shopping. It definitely beats the feeling of getting stuck at home, waiting for them to wake up.

van
weather is good. daytime abt 18 degrees. night time or early morning is abt 5 degrees.

jenny
no job lah. still relaxing.

<font color="aa00aa">
Hi Adeline,
Thanks for the assurance.
happy.gif

Hi Lady,
Should be fine for me. yah, where's the gathering place?
happy.gif

</font>

<font color="0000ff">Lady</font>
If my HB knocks off on time on 27/6, I will join you mommies for the gathering.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Adeline</font>
I'm glad you're coping well.
happy.gif
My sis just delivered last Sat and she's going mad! I mean, literally. Her HB, her MIL, the CL, etc. are all taking care of the baby in their own way, and that's driving her nuts. But her HB very "steady" in terms of caring for the baby and her MIL returned to BKK yesterday, so I think life should be back to normal soon, hopefully. Hee...

<font color="0000ff">mngo</font>
Wah, so shiok! I mean the weather in Perth! Hee... Take care ya!
happy.gif

Hi!

Great response for our gathering.

27 June Friday 6pm

1. Lady
2. Adeline
3. Van
4. Pooh
5. BBSG
6. Twin stars

Will you be bringing babies along?

Pleae indicate your preference by putting your name after the restaurant: